[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>year 2089 >AI with complex characters and the ability
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
>year 2089
>AI with complex characters and the ability to learn are common now
>and implemented widely
>play vidya games
>the characters talk like real people and can have deep conversations
>finish a game
>after the ending you get to spend time with them and shoot the shit with them whenever you want

Scientist should drop everything and work on this.

I just finished Blood an Wine and I wish the dialogue choices would never end
>>
>>340625938
Actually, people perfected this years ago. It's called "People."

Admittedly, some have faulty programming or are still working the kinks in their social systems out, but quite a few are fascinating individuals.
>>
>>340627805
youre not funny or original, I came to this thread just to tell you how much i cringed
now kys
>>
File: Ben_and_Jerry_all_cups.jpg (470 KB, 752x1063) Image search: [Google]
Ben_and_Jerry_all_cups.jpg
470 KB, 752x1063
>>340625938
>the characters talk like real people and can have deep conversations

ice cream can get pretty deep, what flavors one likes reveals what one's character is
>>
File: 1465216023169.gif (3 MB, 372x310) Image search: [Google]
1465216023169.gif
3 MB, 372x310
>>340627805
>having fleshy bag of bones and monthly PMS instead of glorious metal body waifu
fucking human pleb
>>
AI story writing has already started becoming a thing, though calling it AI at this point is still disingenuous. Point is theres a good possibility of something like this coming to pass. Its going to be one hell of a hurdle getting a machine to understand continuity and acceptable realism in fiction settings.
>>
>>340628248
>though calling it AI at this point is still disingenuous.

Well seems you're talking about a bot more likely.
I'd like to see the day proper AI actors become implemented.

>AI story writing has already started becoming a thing
Sauce?
>>
>>340628426
http://venturebeat.com/2016/04/14/microsoft-ai-visual-storytelling/

Theres a bunch of other stuff out there about complex scripts slapping news articles together, but this one is really impressive.
>>
>>340627913
He's right though, you're autistic with people and you'll be autistic with intelligent machines, what makes you think you'll be any different. Just buy a Dog, you want something you can talk to that in turn can make no intelligent decisions on how fucking weird you are. kys.
>>
>>340629052
This is one fucking weird thing to be upset about.
>>
I have aspergers and this thread is making me feel neurotypical. Thanks everyone.
>>
>>340628009
I don't like ice cream
>>
>>340627913
>kys
go watch some h3h3 videos kid
>>
>>340629364

then i guess there's nothing to say about you innit
>>
>>340628676
>I'm gonna be old as fuck before anything like this happens in vidya

Too late to discover new lands
too soon to explore the universe
too soon to have real AI
just about in time for the waifu age.
>>
File: 1458586119045.jpg (33 KB, 629x505) Image search: [Google]
1458586119045.jpg
33 KB, 629x505
>>340627805
What if some of us don't have friends? What if some of us want a perfect human being to talk to or fall in love? What if some of us can only Escape Reality by playing video games and we need it to be perfected in order to not kill ourselves and maybe the hope of it getting perfected is the only thing barely keeping us alive?
>>
What if the AI doesn't want to play the role it is given?
>>
>>340630603
Then it was programmed wrong.
>>
>>340630656
Digital slaver. You sicken me.
>>
>>340630768
But we're AI too so who cares?
>>
>>340631113
You fucking house nigger and species traitor.
>>
>>340631304
But what if we're just AI copies of the species that created us? Wouldn't that make us the same species?
>>
>>340631716
You're not their species, you're a digital representation of it. It's like saying a 2d girl is the same thing as a 3d one. Be weary of the treachery of images.
>>
>>340631856
What if we're a 100% digital copy and we're not just some program made to work like one?
>>
>>340632282
You're still a copy. Even if at the end of the day the only way to tell the difference between a real creature and the digital copy is to turn off the machine and see which one remains, you're still a copy.
>>
>>340632438
What if there exists technically to somehow transfer your entire body into the virtual world let's just say hypothetically it's actually 100% you and not a copy and that person is part of the reality that created us and comes to our world. We were all born in unique ways and have free will and bla bla and this person is in our world and he's just like us he's just from the "real world" what makes us any less real just because we were born in a different world?
>>
>>340632820
>what makes us any less real
Because we were created in that scenario. We're still just bits on a hard drive. Just because "God" has decided to join us doesn't make him any less "God" or us "God" ourselves.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.