[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4 Neo: 4K gaming won't be coming any time soon says senior
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: neo.jpg (357 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
neo.jpg
357 KB, 1920x800
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ps4-neo-4k-gaming-wont-be-coming-any-time-soon-says-senior-developer-1562147

>We all know what 4K did to movies - it made actors look older than we thought they were, and everything else had so much detail it simply lost all believability
What a fucking retard.
>>
Catering to their potato farming audience.
>>
>>340624486
you know keanu was 35 years old when they made that movie? lel. nigga looked 24. good genes eh
>>
This is to a T the same thing they did with 60 fps
Clawing for negatives (which are completely asinine to everyone who possesses even a grain of knowledge on the subject matter they're talking about) on graphical attributes that are COMOLETELY AND TOTALLY OBJECTIVE, makong themselves look like complete idiots, instead of humbly admitting that console gaming just isn't there yet, and even PC gaming is barely scratching the reality of it for the average middle class customer. How does more detail make everything less believable ?
4K doesn't fucking add imoerfections in actors faces, it just shows in greater fidelity what's already there.
This is so obvious that I can predict puking my guts out when I see the inevitable NeoGaf supporter screenshots
>>
And when it DOES come, it'll be Ps5 or something of the like. They either realized it was a bad idea and pulled the plug, OR it was never real to begin with. Something I was being shitblasted for saying at the beginning of this fuckery.
>>
>>340628429
No. Its also stated in the source that new games can be played with the standard PS4. If its a PS5 whats the point if PS4 can play the same games?
>>
>>340626367
Asian genes man
>>
>4K gaming won't be coming any time soon
doesn't the GTX 1080 play 4K at playable framerates?
>>
>>340624486
Real talk: Is anyone actually considering getting a PS4k? If so, why exactly?
>>
>>340629808
if there's a noticeable improvement in performance, sure
>>
>>340624486
Who actually in their right mind thought a PS4 would ever render at 4K, even with a slight hardware upgrade?
>>
>>340629650
Yes the GTX1080 can get you playable FPS at ultra settings on 4k. It will be another 20 years until consoles catch up to that.
>>
>>340624486

>the human eye can only see 10 skin pores anyway
>>
>>340624486
>>We all know what 4K did to movies - it made actors look older than we thought they were, and everything else had so much detail it simply lost all believability
That's not 4K. Many actors are indeed getting old as shit. Sony's flagship actor, Adam Sandler is a great example of that.
>>
>>340629531

>tfw korean girl said i looked like keanu reeves
>laugh it off, tell her about the time someone asked if i was a model
>hahaha, yeah anon, that's the kind of thing someone would say if they were hitting on you
>i know right? what's your favorite film that keanu reeves was in? blah blah

>2 months later realize she was hitting on me

jesus christ i am autistic
>>
>>340624486
Man, these people would sell you a trabant and then start talking about how its much better than modern cars, how not suffocating from the lead exhumes simply doesn't provide the best experience or ho the lack of AC helps with immersion with the outside world.
>>
File: FuckAllOfIt.jpg (50 KB, 600x884) Image search: [Google]
FuckAllOfIt.jpg
50 KB, 600x884
>>340630339
>women hit on you.
Get out.
>>
>>340629808
I have a ps4 and i dont know really. Depends on how big the difference in image quality and price will be. If the IQ stays the same but framerate increases to 60 then i'll pass. I'll rather wait out and buy a PC when 4K becomes a standard and replaces 1080p.
>>
4K won't come soon enough because no one has 4K tv's.
The best estimatives don't go more than 15% of the pop has one of those. It's like expecting WiiU games to become a thing, no reason to make them.
>>
>>340630415

plz no bully
>>
>>340630521
Bluray was barely a thing with PS3, yet it had the support and games for it. It's possible that there's 4k support atleast for playing movies and such.
>>
>>340630696
Bluray was on it's way to substitute dvd's though, everyone knew that. It was only a matter of which media would succeed: HDDVD or Bluray.
People are comfortable with their 1080p and 720p tv's right now. There's no revolution to 4k happening.
>>
>>340624486
It's true it won't come to console games very soon lmao, ps4 can barely run 1080p 60fps - I guarantee "neo" 4k will be trash and extremely limited. This PS4 is only worth it if regular games got a significant performance increase (like Bloodborne's awful performance)
>>
So early with the excuses?

Is this the new "30 FPS are more cinematic" ? and now all of the sudden framerate is one of the most important things on console because the PS4 can sometimes reach 60?

How can people be this retarded?
>>
>>340624486
>24fps is more cinematic
Just the same.
>>
>>340630919
Considering regular ps4 has only a few games reaching 60 fps and bad framerate drops, any improved version should support 60fps for all games. Otherwise there is no reason to buy a PS4neo at all.
>>
>>340630415
Everyone that isn't a completely awful person has at least been hit on ONE time in their lives anon.
>>
>>340630919
>How can people be this retarded?
>console owners

There's your answer.
>>
>>340630415
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>340629808
Considering the fact that I literally fell for the PS4 1080 60fps meme and that I've played less than 10 games in their 300+ library; since the launch of the PS4.

No, I will not be purchasing the ps4K
>>
So it's not enough for companies to lie about high framerates being bad, but now we're to the point of companies lying about better graphics as well. Just burn it down.
>>
They maybe upgrading Neo to match or outperform Scorpio.
>>
>>340624486
He is sort of right, I remember there was a comparison for a news actor where he looked awful in like HD or something.
>>
>>340629927
Noone. It was blatantly said it the first leak that it would be upscaled to 4k.

Well i guess technically someone who can't read would assume so.
>>
>>340629808
I don't own a PS4. If the price difference is worth the graphical improvement, I wouldn't mind. Need it to play Tekken 7 and AC7.
>>
>>340631843
You're saying companies are constrantly selling the idea that their products are the best thing it could be offered? Damn, this is unexpected.
>>
At least Sony finally admits the PS4k won't be able to actually play games in 4k. I wonder how many retards actually fell for it.

On the other hand, Sony is kind of fucking themselves with that quote, don't criticize 4k if your other divisions benefit from 4k. Fuck, the whole point of the new PS4 is to play 4k Bluray, is it not? What a retard.
>>
4k? 4k is so 2015. Nowadays games have to be playable on 4k@122fps. Luddites!
>>
>4K gaming
Market is nowhere near this benchmark to make it worth it. 15 years maybe.

>4K console
You idiots realize this always meant for video and not gaming, right? How many of you own a 4K capable TV? How many of you care enough to upgrade? When games catch up to 4K don't you expect insane input lag and TV burnout due to extended use?

Why not just play games and stop trying to brag about some shit your mom bought you for good behavior?
>>
>>340628429

Hey look it's drumpf
>>
>>340630339
Happened to me a million times dude. Every girl that has ever liked me, i had to find out about it several months/years later, when they were over me. And it was always a "i use like you a lot, but you never asked me out or anything so i thought you weren't interested"

I'm learning to recognize the signs more, but it's all still so god damn ambiguous.
>>340630415
Girls have hit on you anon, maybe at least 3 times in your life and you didn't notice. It's a product of being so used to rejection and social impairment. It's like when a dude that's been a fat loser his whole life gets /fit/ and all of a sudden he's hot to girls, but the guy still only sees himself as the same old fat loser so he's still a social trainwreck when it comes to interacting with them.
>>
>>340630072

"playable"

Sorry anon, but if it's not a constant 60fps then it isn't playable. It's funny how quickly /v/ changes it's tune, if a card can't reach a stable 60fps it's okay because it's still "playable", but a console game drops to 59fps and it's completely broken.
>>
>>340632728
Nobody says below 60 fps is unplayable unless they're shitposting.
For years due to early 3D, 30 fps was normal. Naturally, people just expect that to improve.
>>
>>340632965
It still is normal, the thing is that strong PCs can actually play demanding games above 30fps unlike consoles.
>>
>>340633432
>It is still normal
It shouldn't be. A lot of sixth gen games pushed 60 fps. Most Nintendo games do.
>>
>>340629531
There's Asian in Keanu Reeves? He always looked totally fucking White to me.
>>
>>340634068
It's because most people don't care. There's that famous article by insomniac where they realized 60 fps gives you no extra sales, but slightly better graphics will. 30fps is easier to shoot for, and your game will probably sell more.

The problem is devs have gotten even lazier. 30fps isn't a guarantee, there are lots of games on PS4 and Xbone that drop to 24 or even lower. Fallout 4 is basically a slideshow consoles. Console gaming is almost as much of a shitshow as it was in 5th generation.
>>
>>340630379
>thinking amerifats know about trabants
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.