[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The gaming industry would be infinitely better if Nintendo had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: nintendo seal.png (262 KB, 2000x1986) Image search: [Google]
nintendo seal.png
262 KB, 2000x1986
The gaming industry would be infinitely better if Nintendo had stepped out of the console market 15 years ago and switched fully to developing all their series like Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Fire Emblem etc on Sony, Microsoft consoles and PC.

Prove me wrong.
>>
I know there's a lot of underage kids on /v/ these days, but the Playstation was originally going to be joint effort between NIntendo and Sony. Nintendo got greedy and fucked it up.
>>
>>340615701
You're not including handhelds in that statement are you?
>>
>>340615914
This was the beginning of Nintendo's great downfall.

>>340615948
The DS was pretty cool but the 3DS has been mostly gimmicks and lame sequels. A few exceptions I guess, but the modern handheld market is simply the phone app market.
>>
>>340615701
aw, are you sad that all those terrible, sour Nintendo games are not on PS4?
>>
>>340616015
the GBA was released 15 years ago

Are you seriously suggesting we'd have been better off without it?
>>
>>340616015
Yep, they created their biggest rival and the most powerful competitor in the console market. Biggest mistake they ever made.
>>
No, the industry would be better if every console adopted the seal of quality ideal, its why we get so much shit games now, problem is publishers made themselves crash proof so long as there are whales
>>
>>340616140
it's not Nintendo's fault people starting spending more money on games without any Nintendo branding at all.
>>
How many good multi-plat franchises are still left? How many stayed that way?
>>
>>340615701
>developers would create the exact same content of the exact same quality if you completely changed their environment and business structure

This is the same kind of mouth-breathing retard that asks for stuff like "co-op Zelda" and "MMO pokémon".
>>
File: 1456545630842.png (845 KB, 842x1292) Image search: [Google]
1456545630842.png
845 KB, 842x1292
>>340615701
Honestly if Ninsony's Playstation actually happened the world would be a better place
I often wonder what the golden age of NinSony's 5th gen console would be. Imagine it: a console to house Mario 64, Crash Bandicoot, Final Fantasy 7,8, and 9, and even Super Smash Brothers. Heck, if Smash happened in this alternate reality perhaps Cloud wouldn't have to wait until the fourth game.
Lately I've been discovering that almost all of Sony's hardware has outclassed Nintendo's of the same generation. The PS1 to the N64, the PSP to the DS, the PS3 and 4 to the Wii and Wii U, it's actually a bit sad.
I like both companies and the work they put out, but you'd have to be a moron to think Nintendo's software wouldn't be better on Sony's Hardware.
>>
>>340616782
Their job is to make games.

Yes, I would expect in a different business structure and environment, the people paid the make games, would keep making games.

Literally all I'm saying is they could have produced Nintendo games like Metroid Prime on PS3 and you know it would have literally been better.

>>340617117
It's sad to think about the possibilities, right?
>>
>>340615701
The gaming industry would be infinitely better if Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft had stepped out of the console market 15 years ago and switched fully to developing all their series like Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Fire Emblem etc on PC.

Prove me wrong.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1463021602558.jpg (37 KB, 618x547) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1463021602558.jpg
37 KB, 618x547
>>340615701
Because it would mean less competition and hence less variance in video games. Fuck man I used to think this shit when I was like 8.

It's like putting lollies and soft drink together, to the brain of a child it's a dream come true but in reality it's an overindulgent mess

you're a dumb cunt
>>
>>340615701
>developing all their series like Mario, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Fire Emblem etc on Sony, Microsoft consoles and PC.

NEVER happening

Nintendo stops making games before that.
>>
>>340615914
Sony would have had the control on their IP though, and they still don't have studios maintaining constant quality.
Sonyggers keep yelling "rehash!", but Pikmin was released in 2001 and the series has 3 games so far. Ratchet and Clank has 13 games.
Little Big Planet started on PS3 and has already 4 games and several spin off.

Letting Sony with the IPs would have caused a huge drop in quality.because Sony has no long-term vision and craves for the quick buck.
>>
>>340615701
Sony and Microsoft's consoles suck and Nintendo's games are unsuited for PC which was basically dead 15 years ago.
>>
I agree, Nintendo should port all their games to PC. There is literally zero for Nintendo consoles to exist in the current market. They are shooting themselves in the foot when I amr eady to buy their games on PC yet they are stuck in stupid console markets
>>
>>340617117
You're dellusional anon. There's been a clash with Rare because Rare wanted to do their games their own way without carrying if they were potential competitor with the main Nintendo IPs.

What would have justified Crash Bandicoot existence in a world in which a Sonintendostation would have correctly used the 3D, and have plenty of platformers made by Rare and Nintendo? The unique platforming physics of Crash Bandicoot was because the PS1 can't do real 3D and ND was obliged to simulate it. That's why you have a fixed camera instead of a manual one, you're not supposed to see what's behind the obstacles, because there's nothing.

Also the PS1 had only the storage going for it. Cartridges were more expensive and that's why Squaresoft went with the PS1 for FF7. Storing the same game for N64 would have needed 6 cartridge

>>340617296

Competition is what stimulate innovation. The best Sony series were made to compete with Nintendo's ones. AAA Multiplats don't have to justify the purchase of hardware and that's why they can afford to be forgettable. Even TW3 which is one of the best AAA games of this generation had nothing groundbreaking innovation wise, it perfected the form and gave plenty of content, background, but gameplay wise it mostly reused Batman's detective and fighting phases.
>>
>>340619412
>Cartridges were more expensive and that's why Squaresoft went with the PS1 for FF7. Storing the same game for N64 would have needed 6 cartridge
that's a real funny number anon, because last I heard, it would take anywhere from 9 to 13 cartridges.
>>
>>340615701
If Nintendo announced they were going third party, the shitposting would be. Absolutely. Fucking legendary.

I don't want them to go third party just because of that. There would be so much fucking cancer for weeks on end on every gaming website ever.
>>
>>340619804
They said they would have made sacrifices in term of cutscenes.

Also a different project for the 64 was planned. FF7 64 wouldn't have been like FF7 PS1 at all as Squaresoft wanted to start working in real 3D with the 64.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.