[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spore is a Bore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: Snore.png (139 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Snore.png
139 KB, 1920x1080
Finally got around to playing Spore. It's a fucking snooze fest.

But I really liked the starting phase as the cell. The counter-play aspect was fun and I wish that continued through the rest of the game. Hell, I grinded through the 2nd phase, in hopes of the next phase to be more like the 1st, only to be greeted by tribal phase that literally made me quit the game out of boredom.

Am I just an austismo that needs an absurd amount of interest in a game to enjoy it, or does this game suck as much as I think it does?
>>
>>340612870
Nah, Spore is the greatest disappointment of gaming. It's horrible.
>>
>>340612870
Space Stage is actually great
>>
>>340613103
Im-fucking-plying
>try to go across the galaxy as a trader
>your civilization is under attack
>a friendly civilisation is under attack
>try to trade with some ay lamos
>ear rape intensifies
>>
Literally anyone could have told you this
Spore was a massive fucking dissapointment
>>
>>340613896
I looked it up and the 1st phase looked fun so I got it.
And I was right, the 1st phase was fun. Just everything after that was shit
>>
>>340612870
>Finally got around to playing Spore. It's a fucking snooze fest.
getting yourself ready to No Man's Sky?
>>
File: it was merely a dream.png (483 KB, 1262x2347) Image search: [Google]
it was merely a dream.png
483 KB, 1262x2347
Today i will remind them.
>>
We warned you about Spore bro
We told you dog
>>
>>340614367
Half of that is inaccurate but still.. so much was cut.

I would break my no kickstarter rule if some group wanted to make a true spore though I doubt a game like that could get the funding needed
>>
File: 1454318752012.gif (764 KB, 246x323) Image search: [Google]
1454318752012.gif
764 KB, 246x323
Ok so anons how would you fix spore?
>>
File: photo.png (427 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
427 KB, 900x900
>>340614801
I was hoping for spore to be focused on counter-play.

Like if you see that a lot of predators are evolving to have claws, you yourself could evolve to had thicker/tougher skin to make their claws less dangerous. Or if your prey is evolving to be fast, you could evolve to have camouflage and a venomous bite so all you would need to do is wait for your prey to come by, bite them, and let the venom run it's course.
>>
>>340615154
That's not the pic I wanted but fuck it
>>
Le Spore was Cut meme.

The game was delayed again and again. Things were cut because they didn't work and because they weren't able to be finished. The game even in it's current state was way past any reasonable release schedule.

Don't blame EA, blame Wright and his clearly faulted design decisions for the game. Only good thing about Spore was the Creature Designer, but even that wasn't nuanced whatsoever.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.