[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's the new Hitman? Worth buying in early? Blood Money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
How's the new Hitman? Worth buying in early? Blood Money 2 or just another Absolution?
>>
levels are well designed but poor AI and scripting prevents it from reaching true greatness like Blood money
>>
its the second coming of BM. the old hitman tone is back and the grindhouse bullshit is gone, open ended levels, and i even think the challenge shit is pretty fun. not sure how i feel about waiting for thef ull game vs buying in early. i have fun replaying the levels but if you want to go through the whole campaign, obviously you should wait
>>
>limited time contracts start counting down the moment they release
Well. Not giving them any money until they undo this.
>>
>>340612837
That's the entire point of them, dumbass. They're timed one-chance targets.
>>
>>340612494
AI is great, I don't know what you are on about.
>>
>>340612710
this, literally. Absolution was a minor stain on the 47's suit but it's been taken to the drycleaners.
>>
>>340612392
From what I've experienced, it's a lot of fun. Enough shit to explore, goofy ways to kill, ultra serious assassin roleplaying... Only issue is it's short. I think they're REALLY banking on challenges to keep you playing in the long run.
>>
>>340612392
Heard it runs like shit even on high spec computers. So hopefully they fix that before the final release.
>>
>>340614434
>being this stupid
>>
>>340614434
stop spreading false information with "some random guy on /v/" as your only source. I have a middle-of-the-range computer and it runs just fine.
>>
>>340612837
Well, that's why they're limited, duh
>>
>>340612392
It's literally Blood Money 2.0. Main missions, escalation and elusive targets add so many hours of content to the game. Given the maps are amazing, you'll be playing this for a long time if you're an actual Hitman fan. I have something like 30 hours logged and I haven't even completed all the escalation stuff.
>>
I'm liking it. Marrakesh is really uninteresting, but if nothing else I think Intro Pack + Sapienza is 100% worth $20.
>>
Sapienza > Paris > Marrakesh > Military Base > The Yacht
>>
How did people kill the priest?

I was trying to be sneaky, got caught, killed both priests, and booked it.
>>
File: 1465498018114.jpg (2 MB, 3360x2100) Image search: [Google]
1465498018114.jpg
2 MB, 3360x2100
>>340615124
this.
>>
When the fuck are we getting a full blown level in the night? I'm sick of daytime. Night is comfier.
>>
>>340615759
wasn't paris at night?
>>
>>340615837
no
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84 KB, 1280x720
You fags done with the new elusive target yet? You only have 28 hours left!
>>
>>340612392
shilltastic

buy it right NAO with three levels!
>>
>>340612494
Ai is a lot better than blood money... Blood money is a shit stain on the series.
>>
File: hitman4.jpg (50 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
hitman4.jpg
50 KB, 800x600
>>340615837
It's at sunset and seems like it at times, especially on the right where there's the outdoor party area.

Whatever happened to those leaked elusive targets? I liked the idea of the identical twins.
>>
>>340615196
Sneak in the tunnels beneath church, knock out the two guards standing around down there and luigi, wait for priest to walk around church basement and then shoot him through the church basement gate.

If you want SA just flick coins around the church basement gate to lure all the guards out to knock out and then sneak up behind the priest as he waddle in and out
>>
Everything get so easy in this game if you get screwdrivers. It's not even funny.
>>
how the fug do you give de santis the cannabis joint
>>
>>340616430
you can replace his cigarette at the fireplace outside of the room where the plague doctor outfit is
>>
It's not Blood Money 2 or Absolution 2 but if you had to pick one of those, it's definitely closer to Blood Money. It shares the design philosophy of open maps full of exploration and fucking around. Disguises aren't useless like in Absolution and actually work now.

It has flaws, but it's the sequel to Hitman I've been waiting for.
>>
Game looks great otherwise, but I was wondering, are there still creative assassination puzzles?

I really liked in the other games where you'd have to do things like wait for the target to stop playing violin or replace a stage gun with a real gun. I don't mind if the occasional assassination is just strangling a guy and fucking off, but the really unique ways to approach and kill targets was always one of my favorite parts of the series.
>>
>>340612494
Agree that the proximity based triggers can get annoying at times, but I don't have too many issues with the A.I. The only one I have is that they never go level-wide alert.
>>
>>340617248
Those are called "opportunities" in the game. The maps a filled with them.
>>
>>340618415
What? But that is a good thing. Not all guards should telepathically know some shit is going down in a specific location.
>>
>>340614218
>AI is great
Fuck no, it's not. It's 2016 and Hitman Tee Em AI is dumber than BM AI
>>
>>340618796
Absolutely not, the AI is spot on actually.
Maybe too automated, but it's really good not minding a very few bugs.

What happened that makes you feel it's bad?
>>
>>340612837
Hopefully they'll have those contracts come back eventually. They have unique models and dialogues and mission structures. It'd be a huge waste to not let us replay them again eventually.
>>
>>340615934

Dropped the bell on him, it was fun.
>>
>>340614501
>>340614510
To be fair, it's definitely pretty spotty. My decent computer runs it very well but some other better computers run it like shit.
>>
>>340620461
I have some serious issues where a random svchost.exe is running. I have to turn that shit off every time. God I think its time for another format.
>>
>>340615196
I subdued the priest, the personal bodyguard and then fiber-wired the prince all in the way from the stairs to the crypt. It was easy to pull off with the Priest disguise.
>>
>>340612392
He looks retarded in that image. It's an episodic Hitman game. That's all you need to know.
>>
File: 1465412432674.jpg (220 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1465412432674.jpg
220 KB, 1600x900
>>340615759
Another anon spotted this in another thread.

Left screen is obviously Sapienza.
Right screen looks like Japan.

So we'll have at least one night level.
>>
>>340614156
>>340614590
There is absolutely no fucking reason at all why it should be a countdown IRL

It should count down the moment you start the mission, not some fucking arbitrary time limit they set which you cant control. They are literally locking out content they spend our money on developing for most of their player base to not use? Thats fucking horrid game design and you're both morons for defending it.
>>
>>340623179
>He actually has a problem with how Elusive targets works
You're less than minority - you're literally a 1.
>>
>>340623362
Considering the forums are also filled with people pointing out out stupid this system is, no, im not.

But go on, justify to us why there should be a countdown that triggers at release rather than one that triggers when you start the mission. Ill wait.
>>
>>340623362
>spend money to let the developers develop the game
>they put it in a limited time only situation
>if you miss the chance to play because you have a life, your money is literally wasted
Its a shitty system and you're an idiot for defending it mindlessly.
>>
>>340623362
Not him, but I feel like it'd be nice if you could always start any map you'd completed with any of that map's elusive targets that had been released so far, or a random one for some extra challenge. Maybe they're planning on adding something like this eventually, as it seems like a pretty large amount of content to only have active for a week and then never again.
>>
>People thinking Elusive targets will be a one time thing.

It's GUARANTEED that they'll appear at least once more when the full retail game is released, after that i'm pretty confident they'll just start cycling them through regularly.

Also as good as the new Hitman is, it's going to be all kinds of fucked when they eventually pull the servers.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.