[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout 4 Story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: Fallout+4+Wanderer+trailer.png (1 MB, 1200x649) Image search: [Google]
Fallout+4+Wanderer+trailer.png
1 MB, 1200x649
I don't think I've ever played a game with more plot holes.

Dear god, Bethesda needs to hire a fucking editor. The story makes zero fucking sense.
>>
>force a story
>story is super shit
>almost the whole game revolves around the story
>>
>>340611148
Exactly
They could have just made it a dumb shooter and would have been better for it, rather than cramming 'MUH BABY BOY' into every fucking line of dialogue.
>>
When I got to the end and there was NO ANSWER for why dude shot my wife I said fuck all four factions, I don't even want to finish this.
>>
Can someone please explain the fucking timeline of this game? It makes no sense to me.

Why on Earth is Shaun aged 60 years? We know that Shaun and the Player Character are released from stasis at the same time.

Or am I seeing an after image and the defrosting took 60 years, like how you can still see a star that has died hundreds of years ago?

That would mean that Kellogg and the scientists set up my pod to keep life support on and only release me after 60 years.

Am I missing something? It seems extremely obvious that Bethesda made a last minute effort to make Shaun and Father the same character. Otherwise, who the fuck is the old man that Kellogg mentions sent him to do the job?

Or are you telling me that once Shaun had aged to age 60 that he asked them to go back and release the Player Character?

If that's true, then the game is using a false narrative that conflicts with the actual cut scene we witness.

I feel like I need Mr. Plinkett, please help.
>>
>>340611591
>Why on Earth is Shaun aged 60 years? We know that Shaun and the Player Character are released from stasis at the same time.
When the Sole Survivor woke up to his wife being killed and Sean being kidnapped, he was refrozen. That refreeze lasted for 60 years.

>Or are you telling me that once Shaun had aged to age 60 that he asked them to go back and release the Player Character?
Shaun has cancer and is dying, so he has the Sole Survivor released, yes.
>>
>>340611591
>Why on Earth is Shaun aged 60 years? We know that Shaun and the Player Character are released from stasis at the same time.
They woke you up, took baby, shot wife, then turned stasis back on

What really fucking pissed me off is that your son, who never knew you, sent you against a highly experienced mercenary with a deathsquad of combat synths and FOR SOME FUCKING REASON expected you to live, because MY DADDY A PRE-WAR SOLDIER. This makes even less sense if you play female, because she was just a fucking lawyer.
>>
>>340611813
>>340611842

What a stupid fucking twist that adds nothing to the game.

I'm surprised they made a worse story than Fallout 3, but they did it. They made it even more convoluted and terrible.
>>
>>340611591
Shaun and the playable character aren't released at the same time, the playable character had been frozen again.
>>
>>340611998
What makes it worse is that F3 was all 'WHERE'S MY DADDY?" and F4 was all "WHERE'S MY SON?"
Like they can't fucking think of a better way to introduce players to the game, everyone has to be looking for a fucking family member who ends up dying for no fucking reason, and because neither of them are well-written or even get that much screen time, literally nobody gives a shit.
>>
>>340611842
>sent you against a highly experienced mercenary with a deathsquad of combat synths
Not really. He just woke you up. You finding Kellogg was something you did on your own that he just didn't prevent.
>>
>>340612167

Being frozen is a pretty great way to introduce the players to a world that they don't know, I'll admit that.

But tying you down with a husband and a son, then making every faction in the game revolve around your son is absolutely retarded.

Especially when you can see that they were trying to pull at your heartstrings, but they failed to even animate the fucking baby.
>>
If the railroad puts synths on the same level as human beings, why do they destroy the only means to creating more synths in their ending?
>>
But we've put DOGS in it anon.
And gay romances, + the awesome Dota announcer. who cares about story and graphics, maybe you do... we've done our best to carefully turn Skyrim into a Fallout without anyone noticing. Stop posting about our game, or i'll have you personaly banned.
>>
>>340612238

Kellogg wonders if he's being used as bait. This implies that Shaun set you on his trail on purpose.

Which makes zero fucking sense, how would Shaun even know you're going after Kellogg? What if you were really fucked up from being fucking frozen and had absolutely no idea how to find Kellogg?

Why didn't he just unthaw you and talk to you like a non-psychopath?

Every character in this game is edgy for no fucking reason.
>>
>>340612238
No, Father explains at the end that he sent Kellogg specifically because he wanted you to track him down and kill him, because he didn't like Kellogg.
>>
>>340612341
It also absolutely destroys any role-playing capability in a fucking RPG, because there's always 4 dialogue choices that are always MUH BABY
>>
>>340612492
Which is odd because he never put you anywhere near the trail.

>wake
>codsworth suggests finding shaun in concord
>mama murphy says to try diamond city
>people direct you toward nick valentine
>valentine deduces from your 60 year old memory of Kellogg that it must be him

At no point did Shaun have any effect on any of that.
>>
>>340612598

Every fucking choice is "yes".
This is so frustrating.
It's not like Mass Effect where you can ask questions, learn about the situation, and then make a choice.

No it's fucking worse than that.
Instead you can either say yes, or ask a question.
You literally have to blindly accept what anyone says without ever questioning it because questioning it literally ends the conversation.

Fucking stupid as shit.
And the recent comment about how much Beth hates Morrowinds dialogue system just shows you what to expect for the next Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>340612778
Yep, but bethesda wanted a cool calculating antagonist so they justified it all through shaun simply saying he planned all of it, even though it's not possible to.

>>340612805
Pete Hines should be shot
>>
>>340612805
>Every fucking choice is "yes".
I see this meme enough that I think people genuinely believe it. I can't understand how it's possible unless they've never actually played the game though.
>>
File: [001344].jpg (41 KB, 510x655) Image search: [Google]
[001344].jpg
41 KB, 510x655
>>340610882
>Please help me. Get rid of the raiders for me

>1. Yes
>2. Just tell me what you need cunt
>3. I will help you for a price
>4. Where are the raiders ?
>>
>>340613095

Are you fucking serious?
Every choice advances you to the end of the quest, every time.

There are hardly any times where the dialogue results in a choice, and fewer times where the dialogue allows you to ask questions before proceeding.
>>
>>340613168
>>340613559

>This is it Skinny Malone! My friend and I are going to decide what to do!

>1. Fight them all!
>2. [Charisma] Convince Darla to run, and leave in peace.
>3. [Charisma] Convince Skinny to dump Darla, and leave in peace.
>4. [Hard Charisma] Convince Darla to attack Skinny, fight!
>5. [Use Mama Murphy's psychic code word to bypass encounter]

LOL THEY'RE ALL THE SAME CHOICES
>>
>>340611842
>They woke you up, took baby, shot wife, then turned stasis back on

They shot the husband in my playthrough. Is this a bug?
>>
>>340613730
>You've found a ghoul child! Do you...

>1. Comfort him and help find his family?
>2. Tell him to fuck off and leave him where you found him?
>3. Sell him to a Gunner slaver for a tidy profit?

God, why are all choices so identical?
>>
File: 1465062820235.png (195 KB, 510x346) Image search: [Google]
1465062820235.png
195 KB, 510x346
The problem with Fallout 4 isn't necessarily that the story is shit (though it is), it's that there's no agency to do anything outside of the story until you've completed it. Fallout games are at their best whilst dicking around, but the nature of Fallout 4's story (find your son who has been kidnapped!) prohibits that from coinciding.

It doesn't make any sense to run around and have fun while you're expected to care about and find your new-born son at the same time - human desire and agency doesn't work like that; it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>340614016
There's a sense of urgency in every title though. If you're not looking for your kidnapped son, it's pretty urgent to stop the God-dragon that's prophesied to end the world. Or speaking of human motivation, the guy that tied you up in the desert and shot you in the face. Or the giant gates to hell opening up all over the country.
>>
File: fallout4 beavis.jpg (84 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
fallout4 beavis.jpg
84 KB, 1024x576
>>340610882
>I don't think I've ever played a game with more plot holes.

What about Fallout 3? Or Skyrim?
>>
>>340612884
>even though it's not possible to.

It is when your brain runs on Toddrithmetics. You're just not enlightened. Think outside the sandbox.
>>
>>340610882
Because there's no expectation to be met. Their games will sell regardless, and they know it. There's no point in bothering to raise the bar or even meet the standard bar of expectation because their company already has the reputation of "Mods will fix it. Vanilla Bethesda games are bare bones, but the mods will fix it. It has always been that and can't be helped."
>>
File: Fallout4 2015-11-13 09-00-18-53.jpg (478 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fallout4 2015-11-13 09-00-18-53.jpg
478 KB, 1920x1080
>>340613095
Okay cunt

You remember how you had a choice in saving the useless retards from the Museum and allowing them to move to Sanctuary ? Or joining the Minutemen ? You literally can't say no to any of these things. You can't be evil in this fucking game. There are some instances where you can say different things and kinda do something evil but they're rare. For the most part you're pretty much locked into the same "sarcastic" reddit dad or mom. Being locked into one personality in an RPG is not necessarily bad, but the main character of Fallout 4 is so fucking bland and boring.
If they wanted voiced locked in protagonist they should've fully committed to it. Fallout 4's main character is too well defined to be a blank slate you can paint on, but too much of a bland nobody to be interesting.
>>
>>340610882
You do realise Father isn't shaun...

In fact father would be prepared for someone to sift through the institute terminals. No in fact each time they make a synth it kills the human they extract the dna from shaun died.

>First meet father
>tells you he is unarmed because you're his father and he trusts you
>Kill him or pickpocket him
>has an institute rifle

>Other citizens remember kellogg with a little boy despite being 60 years ago
>they're synths

When you find a way into the institute its game over for them so the only option was to get you to join them.
>>
>>340614224
That isn't true, though.

In 1 and 2, you have the ability to roleplay not caring about your Vault or your village. You can also roleplay that you're doing sidequests to fund better equipment/weapons and prepare yourself for the challenges ahead.

New Vegas actually does it the best. There's nothing explicitly saying that the Courier is looking for revenge - just that he's looking for him. Every time you're asked why you're looking for him, you can pick between wanting to kill him, wanting answers, etc. There's also the option to just be looking for him to deliver your package to Mr. House. You can also roleplay outright that you don't care about what happened and want to move on from it.
>>
File: 1433602301753.jpg (95 KB, 483x593) Image search: [Google]
1433602301753.jpg
95 KB, 483x593
>FO4
>forced to kill Kellogg, mercenary who was just doing a job
>FNV
>can spare Benny, Legate Lanius, General Oliver, and shitloads of other characters that you would've had to kill if they were in FO4

Fuck Beshitsda.
The gunplay may be better but everything else is garbage
>>
I figure it's because Bethesda tries to differentiate Fallout and ES by the protagonist. You were always a nobody, a prisoner in ES and backstory was largely up to you, while in Fallout you had a very basic plot and could define the the character through RP.

They just suck at giving you a story you can care about. Whenever I play Fallout 4 or think about, I always have to write down some notes and how just little things can make it so much better.
>>
>>340614467
Would have helped if they had different voices for the main characters like Saints Row IV.
>>
>>340614658
This

Your character is being led on goose chase everything the institute does is to stop your character, once you kill kellog you became kellog. They reel you in as there mercernary while giving you a spot on the board or council.

These are the moral endings

>being told up front that you are a goon (brotherhood)
>being lied to and made a goon (institute)
>Being forced into taking up responsibility for a group because preston didn't want the pressure and wants to retire in sanctuary.
>forcing yourself into being someones goon because you are empathetic

This game isn't like the other fallouts in the sense that your character isn't a main character she/he is the main attributor but not a character that sets history.
>>
>>340612350

I think they only care about the ones that currently exist, I don't think they care that more are made.
>>
File: idiot-savant[1].png (2 KB, 179x178) Image search: [Google]
idiot-savant[1].png
2 KB, 179x178
>Drink refreshing beverage
>Get thirsty
>>
>>340614467
>You remember how you had a choice in saving the useless retards from the Museum and allowing them to move to Sanctuary ?
Yes. I opted not to save them. Codsworth then joined me, Dogmeat stuck around and nothing of value was lost.

Why, did you choose to save them? Then you felt railroaded by your choice? Whose fault is that?
>>
Remember how Bethesda was saying that the game would now recognize your character's name, and address them as such in conversations? Remember how the only character to ever do this was codsworth, and no one else? Not even your own character would address themselves in game.
>>
>>340610882
You haven't played Destiny then, because the plot IS a giant hole.
>>
>>340616175
>Remember how Bethesda was saying that the game would now recognize your character's name, and address them as such in conversations?

I don't remember Todd saying anyone else but Codsworth would do it.
>>
File: 1464144285988s.jpg (3 KB, 122x125) Image search: [Google]
1464144285988s.jpg
3 KB, 122x125
>>340616272
Meanwhile you take a metaphor literally in TES but then a a literal thing metaphorically.

Kirkbride you troll
>>
Pete Hines is a disaster.
>>
>>340615840

They fucked up Survival so hard.

>sleep for 10 hours
>walk for 10 minutes
>YOU ARE TIRED
>>
>>340616775
I can't seem to find all of the pics for when Hines got caught up on the jet/ghoul plot hole. Only partial from a imgur, need help.
>>
>>340614658

Kellogg wasn't with the little boy 60 fucking years ago, it was a short time before you arrived.

The kid was the synth Shawn, Father set them up in Diamond city as bait for you.
>>
>>340616175

Todd only ever said that Codsworth would do that.
>>
>>340617113

>The kid was the synth Shawn, Father set them up in Diamond city as bait for you.

Didn't work very well.
>>
File: 1461821553983.png (759 KB, 985x673) Image search: [Google]
1461821553983.png
759 KB, 985x673
>>340610882
Bethesda wants you to fill in their plotholes with your own fan speculation. That's what their definition of an RPG is.
>>
>>340616504
I could have sworn I heard him or someone else say that this was going to be a thing
>>
>>340614467

> Or joining the Minutemen ? You literally can't say no to any of these things.

Except you can say no to joining the Minutemen.

You will have to join one of the three factions to advance the main plot, and the Minutemen are treated as the "Yes Man" rout so you'll always have a way to finish the main plot, but that's it.
>>
>>340617113
Alright even so I agree with the other post especially when you check on a random cryopod in the extraction memory this is what it says.

"I never knew why we didn't just re-freeze the rest of them, but we had our orders. Hmph, guess the old man didn't want so many loose ends. Too bad he left alive the one person he shouldn't have."

Notice he says the old man gave the order...but the are extracting Shaun in this memory, so Shaun can't be the old man.

Further evidence that Father isn't Shaun.
>>
>>340617402

>inb4 the missing guy in one of the pods has Shaun and you're a synth
>>
I'm looking for my son, toddler-aged guy. You seen him?
>>
>>340617402
Or the old man is the previous director
>>
>>340617402

Either that, or "Old Man" is just how Kellogg always refereed to the Institutes Director.

The PC is declared as the backup for the synth experiments. If Father isn't Shaun then who the fuck is?
>>
File: PeteHines.png (804 KB, 1546x816) Image search: [Google]
PeteHines.png
804 KB, 1546x816
>>340610882
DO THEY TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THEY DO? JESUS CHRIST
>>
>>340617518

ANYBODY SEEN RITCHIE
>>
>>340610882
I just wish that Bethesda had done the "main character is a synth with pre war memoires"
>>
>>340617484

That's just an empty pod.

If you recall in Vault Techs orders security was told to dispose of bodies in unoccupied pods, meaning that the Vault was made with spares.
>>
>>340617672

You watch that be the next tweest!
>>
>>340617719
Hah. In fallout 5 we will be looking for yet another family member! I dont know why the fuck bethesda likes that shit so much.
>>
>>340610882
>buy shitesda games
>play shitesda games
>WOW GUYS I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY IS A SHIT COMPANY MAKING A SHIT GAME END UP BEING SHIT. I WILL STILL BUY THE NEXT ONE BECAUSE THEY DESERVE IT
fucking literal cattle.
>>
>>340617829
>buy
>>
File: 1464302086639.jpg (349 KB, 1601x872) Image search: [Google]
1464302086639.jpg
349 KB, 1601x872
>>
File: 1464304558522.png (226 KB, 1622x549) Image search: [Google]
1464304558522.png
226 KB, 1622x549
>>
>>340617672
>play as hardcore BoS enthusiast
>bro it up hard with Danse all the way through
>kill the do-gooders in the Railroad
>kill my son and the Institute
>refuse a synth body for CURIE
>leave Strong in the tower
>discover best friend Danse is a synth
>heartbreakingly put him down rather than force him to live with the indignity of being a synth
>promoted to Paladin and overseeing the commonwealth
>protag is grimfaced and hardened

That twist would be the absolute perfect end for my Fallout 4 character. Killed the good guys because synths are bad. Killed my son because synths are bad. Killed my only friend because synths are bad.

Discover I am a synth.
>>
>>340617921

The list was bs.

They just saw man woman child as the perfect specimens to be frozen.
>>
File: 1451115894301.png (294 KB, 1174x1878) Image search: [Google]
1451115894301.png
294 KB, 1174x1878
>>340617921
>>340617985
>>
File: tumblr_nq0a76UFh21rl0shpo1_1280.jpg (129 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nq0a76UFh21rl0shpo1_1280.jpg
129 KB, 1280x719
>>340617245
https://youtu.be/D5esyZPt5Jo?t=513

Nope, only Codsworth.

You muse careful when listening to Todd. He will one thing one way and make you hear it another.
>>
You know that one quest in New Vegas where some little bitch asks you to ask the Followers if he can join them and that was literally it? That one stupid quest has more depth than any quest in 4
>>
>>340617921

The Vault Tech rep hands the soldier the paperwork right before they turn him away, they controlled who did and didn't get it.

You were already per-selected, so the Vault already had you on their internal list.
>>
>NV start of just a random person
>keep all stuff with synths, institute, all the characters
Its sad how literally just changing the start would change the entire game and make it infinitely more playable
>>
>>340616091
>JUST IGNORE IT BRO ! IGNORING FUNDAMENTAL FEATURES LIKE SETTLEMENTS IS TOTALLY NORMAL

>>340617369
>JUST IGNORE IT BRO
>>
>>340618012
Kinda wish they had done more with Valetines pre-war memeories too. It is over before you even start. I like that old world cop shit.

Even let the players use the memory den to go back could have been cool.
>>
>>340618193

>there's already an alternate beginning mod

LOL can Beth do anything right?
>>
>>340613095
ok todd
>>
>>340617609
That literally could not be a fault on Pete Hines' or Bethesda's part, though. The game is dealt with by Xbox.

>>340617826
The Creative Director/Writer Emil is a fucking hack who loves his family so much that he wants to project them into all of his experiences.
He's literally said something along those lines once.

>>340617829
>being complacent that some things are just shit and not actively challenging things to be better
Bethesda are sitting on a genius IP that they're misusing. It's natural for people to be upset.
>>
File: beating Fallout 4.png (12 KB, 965x224) Image search: [Google]
beating Fallout 4.png
12 KB, 965x224
>>340618193
>>340618254
>>
>>340618196

Ignore what? The fact that you can say no to joining the Minutemen?
>>
>>340618196
>I had no choice but to do it!
>>you can literally chose not to do it though
>OMG JUST IGNORE IT!?!?!?!?
>R U SRS???
>>
>>340618285
See: >>340613730 and >>340613993

Funny how your meme is always broad and inspecific, huh?
>>
>>340610882
>Wife gets shot
>dramatic spent bullet case sound effect
>Bad guy has a fucking revolver
>>
File: Pete.png (306 KB, 621x1477) Image search: [Google]
Pete.png
306 KB, 621x1477
>>340618297
uh-huh
>>
>>340613095

Everything is an inadvertent yes.
>>
When are we getting an actual cyberpunk Fallout? It has been over 200 hundred years since the War, after all.
>>
ITT: We write a better Fallout 4 Story

>Unknown pre-war story other then has a family, make attachment to new family, interactions with wife etc.. with an open backstory that covers some history between your family
>bombs dropped
>Cryo sleep 200 years
>Sons Kidnapped, wife is killed
>8 years later awake
>have to rebuild codsworth
>no concept of time
>seeks answers
>help minutemen
>they turn out to be largest group of raiders
>overrun sanctuary
>brother hood stay the same but try to make more outposts and overrun commonwealth
>Institute are underwater based
>Synths go rampart and begin self designing synths and replicating the institute
>Majority of synths are glitched
>Find out your son is the only fail safe to stop synths from recreating
>railroad want to protect your son
>they're helping the synths reproduce while trying to fix the glitch
>railroad killed your wife
>institute are trying to better the commonwealth through genetic engineering
>Institute want kill your son
>Brotherhood want to take and cleanse the commonwealth
>they set up settlements

You are just the ambassador between the three groups to communicate, you can manipulate lie and decided the journey of the three groups or can band with the raiders and take over from the inside while deciding to take over the commonwealth.

Has actual story gameplay and set of quests after main story line to change or develop the commonwealth.
>>
>>340618285
>Devil's Due quest ends. Do you:

>1. Return the Deathclaw Egg to its nest?
>2. Sell the egg to Wellingham?
>3. Pretend to return the egg to lure the parent out and kill it?
>4. Keep the Egg because a Deathclaw Egg in your bedroom would be fucking choice?

I hate how we're so damned railroaded. Return it, return it sarcastically or ask for more information about returning it. FFS
>>
>>340613559

They made the bold design decision to assume that you want to finish the quests you start.

The only quests that you're forced to advance are the main quest ones, where you'll be forced to chose one faction sooner or later, and the settler ones if you're the Minuteman General, since you've already "accepted" the quest once Preston gives it to you.
>>
>>340618581
The best fallout 4 story is to dump it in the god damn trash and star over.

You already fucked up by saying he has a son and wife.
>>
File: 1461138636654.png (95 KB, 1012x1080) Image search: [Google]
1461138636654.png
95 KB, 1012x1080
>>340610882
>tfw he tried to warn us all
https://archive.is/WVCxd
>>
>>340618381
Pretty sad to find people actually defending Fallout 4. You guys are putting way more energy into the game than Bethesda ever did.
>>
>>340610882

That's what made it so retarded when whoever it was said the voiced character was for "story" reasons. If the story is fucking shit having a stupid voiced character is just going to make it worse.
>>
>>340618458
What's your point?
I hate Pete and Bethesda as much as the next guy, I'm not apologising for them.

A game suddenly becoming free months after release isn't their fault. Considering that it was only one *one* console, the logic is that Xbox fucked up.

>>340618561
Never. No one who is working on the franchise wants it to be like that.

Bethesda want it to be eternally stuck in the retrofuture 1950's.

Chris Avellone wants to 'nuke it' again so that it goes back to how it was in Fallout 1.

And Josh Sawyer wants to keep progressing it so that the NCR and Legion keep building civilization to the point where it's like the 1800s.
>>
>>340618318
You can't say no. You can say you'll think it through or you're not ready yet, but you can't say no definitively.

>>340618334
>R U SRS???
Kill yourself underage redditor cunt
>>
>>340618519
Right? Like The Big Dig questline.

>This is actually Hancock's warehouse! Do you...

>1. Side with Farenheit and kill Bobbi?
>2. Side with Bobbi and kill Farenheit?
>3. [Charisma] Convince Bobbi to give up and flee?

I mean, it's all the exact same outcome, right?
>>
>>340618718
>be no one
>lmao I imagine previous storyline
>somehow impact on the waste
>not having a motive other then muh imagination
>mystoray.jpeg

tell me a better motivation then losing a family member, Bethesda failed at making you attached to your family, they should of made it more revenge based so you character goes through half the plot with the idea your son is dead, the son which for a good part of the intro the game makes you attached to.
>>
>>340618864
Look, there are some good quests. Fine. They are not the meat of the game. Radiant quests outnumber them handily.
>>
>>340618813
There's plenty to get upset about over Fallout. The fact that you smegma eaters invent shit and then spam it constantly is what's sad.

Granted, the game does push you in one direction in some of the plot-progressing quests that have to move the story forward. But 99% of the time, it doesn't.

That doesn't stop the rhetoric of "LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE QUEST IS YES, SARCASTIC YES, OR NO [BUT REALLY YES!]" every damn thread.
>>
File: 1427300366764.gif (1 MB, 828x828) Image search: [Google]
1427300366764.gif
1 MB, 828x828
>be autistic fag
>fucking hate trophies but try to hunt them down anyways
>bethesda releases update that disables trophies if your save file contains mods
>>
>>340618864
>Hancock becomes your companion no matter what you do
>Quest is only ever acknowledged again in radio broadcast
>>
>>340618975
wew, lad
>>
>>340618952
Name a better motivation than getting killed yourself.
>>
>>340618957
So the busy work optional non-story faction quests to pad XP where it's "go to X location and retrieve X" aren't meaty enough for you? It was really between that and "congrats, you did all the quests, now grind mobs to max level to continue progressing."

But the actual quest-quests of the game don't do that.
>>
>>340618972
Lol. Getting mad at videogames.
>>
>>340619034
that works getting turned into a synth but it disconnects you not giving a choice to be human and forces you to be a synth so how could you actively go against other synths? You couldn't because you yourself are a synth.
>>
>>340618864
Fuck that fucking quest.

Its was literally a call of duty mission, you walk forward, you kill whatever you see, and you keep walking.

That last bit is the only part that matters.
>>
>>340619023

Which actually makes sense considering his feelings about how it all goes down, either way he feels like he's turning into "the man"
>>
>>340619023
Incorrect. If you did rob his warehouse and kill Farenheit, it starts a new quest with him before he'll join you.
>>
>>340619141
How is that different from the rest of the game? Or just about every other game there is anyhow?

>plot, plot, plot, dialogue
>go through level, killing shit
>resolving plot, plot, plot, dialogue
>>
>>340619191
But choice is pointless without consequence. You can do any of these three options, the outcome is basically the same. It just changes which NPCs walk around being useless afterwards.
>>
Bethesda fucked up both of their big IPs and its really sad but whats even more sad is the fact that it will be viewed as a success

As i saw it Skyrim was a good game but it was not a good Elderscrolls game exactly.

Same with Fallout 4, While its playable and normies who have no idea what the other games are like will love it even though its absolute shit for fallout

Seeing as they are also most liking going to have skyrim remaster at E3 i have little to no hope for the future, the only redeemable part is atleast skyrim was closer to something good than Fo4 and maybe just maybe they will learn for ESVI
>>
File: 20160610035123_1.jpg (390 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160610035123_1.jpg
390 KB, 1920x1080
>>340618857

>You can't say no. You can say you'll think it through or you're not ready yet, but you can't say no definitively.

Yup, that looks like a maybe to me.

Keeping the option open if you change your mind is not the same as maybe.
>>
File: 1459120729890.png (26 KB, 1425x221) Image search: [Google]
1459120729890.png
26 KB, 1425x221
>>340619368
>>
>>340619354
Again, there are consequences. If you kill Farenheit and rob Hancock, he makes you pay him back and then has you murder Bobbi in repayment for killing Farenheit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQrhL0IC0EU
>>
File: 1447581721582.png (378 KB, 847x469) Image search: [Google]
1447581721582.png
378 KB, 847x469
>The writing of the game is fucking ter-
>JUST IGNORE IT BRO
>>
>>340619481

I never much cared for Fallout 1 or 2 anyways.

But I never cared for isometric RPGs in the first place.
>>
>>340619570
then why are you here?
>>
>>340619425
>Next time you talk to him
>ARE YOU READY TO JOIN THE MINUTEMEN YET
>>
>>340619543
>conversations that never happened
>>
>>340619524
Lol I know. I did that on my play through. And I thought to myself wow so reactive! I have to do an extra thing before Hancock will follow me around and be my bestie!

It's like a fucking telltale game.
>>
>>340610882
>F4 coming out, know it's going to be worse than each previous fallout, but stay off the Internet to prevent spoilers from making it worse.
>Actually got mad/sad when wife gets shot.
I think I'm the only person on here that felt/feels this way.
>>
File: 1459177737192.png (1 MB, 772x1364) Image search: [Google]
1459177737192.png
1 MB, 772x1364
>>340619543
>>
>>340618972

/v/ is always like that.

I spent more time defending DA2 on here then I did slamming it, not because I thought it was good, but because /v/ somehow always manages to complain about stupid shit even when they have plenty of shit to work with.

Just because a game is bad doesn't make every negative comment about it right.
>>
>>340619672
You being impressed with the nuance wasn't the hurdle trying to be cleared here, it was pointing out that the game wasn't "Do this - Yes, Sarcastic Yes, No [But Really, Yes]."
>>
>>340619662

>Keeping the option open if you change your mind is not the same as maybe.

You can say no then too.
>>
Fallout 4 has the ugliest cities I've ever seen in video games.
>>
>>340619737
Well it's fucking exhausting. Kudos to you on fighting the good fight though.
>>
>>340619910

Yes, that was the intended effect.
>>
>>340618975
this kills the frog
>>
>>340619779
It's not lack of nuance, it's lack of choice. If your choices don't matter you might as well not have them. No matter what you do in that quest Hancock becomes your companion. Letting Fahrenheit or Bobby live results in nothing. They just stand around repeating their 4-5 lines of dialogue for eternity afterwards.
>>
>>340619947
To make me think Boston is an ugly place?
>>
File: HCU64O9.png (313 KB, 701x394) Image search: [Google]
HCU64O9.png
313 KB, 701x394
>>340612167
>F3 was all 'WHERE'S MY DADDY?" and F4 was all "WHERE'S MY SON?"

It's like pottery
>>
>>340619947
>destroyed post apocalyptic means bad and ugly.
>>
>>340611591

You need to at least pay a LITTLE attention to whats going on.
>>
>>340619995
If your intended goal was to get Hancock, yes, it can end up that way. But there's a dozen ways it can play out. Farenheit and Bobbi both live. You extorted money from Bobbi twice and Hancock, being the real winner. You kill both of them. You kill one or the other.

If the only thing you autistically focus on is "will Hancock join you at the end of all relevant quests completed to his specifications?" then yeah, it's pretty similar. But you're ignoring the choices made.
>>
>>340611591
The Shaun with Kellog is a synth, the old man he refers to is the real Shaun.
>>
If you want proof that your choices dont mean shit take a look at witcher 3, even in a game where you literally play a set character you have more choice in every conversation, There are more times you can turn down money as a greedy witcher than there are actual No options in Fo4
>>
File: SKYRIM WITH GUNS.png (103 KB, 987x847) Image search: [Google]
SKYRIM WITH GUNS.png
103 KB, 987x847
>>340618783
Jesus Christ, what is wrong with people?
>>
File: 1444515427367.png (37 KB, 172x157) Image search: [Google]
1444515427367.png
37 KB, 172x157
>>340620265
>>
>>340616883
>real time is game time
Absolute retard.
>>
>>340611591

>Or are you telling me that once Shaun had aged to age 60 that he asked them to go back and release the Player Character?

Vault 111 was intended to be unmanned and had remote control functions. Safe to assume that the Institute hijacked those functions when they went there the first time.
>>
>>340613730
There was a choice in that quest? I walked though the door and they all shot at me so I had to kill them.
>>
>>340620265

TW3 choices hardly change anything either. They change the end result of side quests. Fallout 4 has the same in a dozen places. Possibly fewer of them, but even so.

But regardless the main story is always essential the same with minor differences. The only difference is that TW3 masks it by having story characters fuck right off every time the player has control, so you never make choices related to them anyways.

You can sort of change the ending, but only in a few ways. FO4s factions are more of a choice than what you get in TW3.
>>
>>340620467

You encountered a bug. That shouldn't be surprising.
>>
File: SKYRIM WITH GUNS.png (564 KB, 650x1077) Image search: [Google]
SKYRIM WITH GUNS.png
564 KB, 650x1077
>>340620348
>>
>>340618581
You just ripped Fallout 4s story and made it worse.

Make a better story by coming up with it on your own.
>>
>>340620348
>>340620641
>objective improvements
>"they're bad because they were in skyrim"

This is retarded.
>>
>>340620348
>>340620641

When it comes down to gameplay I think the Skyrim with guns format actually worked better then just Skyrim.

That is I think it lends itself better to being a shooter then a melee oriented game.
>>
remember when Fallout was about whacky wasteland adventures, blowing up oilrigs and secret military installations instead of this?
>>
>>340610882
doesn't explain why the OP/10
>>
>>340620367

nice damage control moron
>>
>>340620870

As opposed to whacky wasteland adventures, blowing up airships and secret laboratories?
>>
>>340620870
>instead of this?

"this" being what exactly?
Having a story? Because, unless I am mistaken, Fallout always had a story.
>>
>>340620870
It was always about a lot more than that. It's always been dealing with philosophical and political ideas.

Bethesda just has no idea how to capture that.

The difference is that Bethesda is full of reddit-tier gamers while Black Isle and Obsidian were/are full of writers, history and philosophy majors.
>>
>>340620795
>>340620810
I just find it disturbing that a video game developer can release the same game 4 times.

Its easy to expect fallout 5 promptly after elder scrolls 6.
>>
>>340621005

I'd argue that "Is synthetic life equal to biological life?" is a better philosophical, and political, dialog then "should I provide my home with drinkable water?"
>>
>>340617518
"I saw a man with a child a few weeks ago. It struck me as odd because he doesn't have a child."

"That must be him!"
>>
>>340621005

What philosophical ideas were in Fallout 1 exactly?

All I remember is fighting the master with his doomed to fail from the start plan since he couldn't figure out that his super mutants were sterile?

Actually how was turning everyone into mutants suppose to bring about peace again?
>>
>>340620870
>whacky wasteland adventures
it was never about this. it was about trying to understand the world and how history always plays a role in deciding for the future for humanity.

>>340621093
Bethesda just makes the questions. They don't answer them. There's nothing deep about that at all.
>>
>>340618581
Better Fallout 4 story:

>you're a random resident in Diamond City
>after character creation your exact duplicate is standing outside your house with an angry mob calling you a synth
>mob is howling for your execution
>Piper and Nick both chime in, pointing out that there's no way to know who the Synth is
>mob isn't buying it, insists that they lynch you
>Diamond Security barely able to hold them back
>Mayor arrives and announces this horrid abomination is cast out of Diamond City like the ghouls were
>Nicky is apologetic but encourages you to run before the mob decides its not good enough and lynches you anyway
>enter sandbox world
>main plot points: are you really a synth or is the other you the synth?
>if you are, why? for what purpose? if he is, why were you chosen to be duplicated?
>this can be pursued vigorously or not at all
>base game quests with Railroad, Institute and Brotherhood vying for control of the region as normal
>>
>>340621031
Call of Doodie, no one listens to you in real life do they.
>>
>>340621106

The identifying factor was the scar across his eye, bald head, reputation for dangerous mercenary work and mystery employers.
>>
File: deeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (28 KB, 212x305) Image search: [Google]
deeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
28 KB, 212x305
What is the point of making people robots? If they had perfected synths enough, wouldn't they have just started replacing people at the institute?

The fuck is the point of it all
>>
>>340621185

that probably took you one minute to think of and its better than what we have...
>>
>>340621309

To act as labor. There are no human janitors in the Institute.
>>
>>340621309

Two reasons:
a. To test if the synths are able to pass as humans. The Institute does science for science sake. They have nothing else to do, so they try to accomplish new feats. Syths indistinguishable from humans is one such feat.
b. To keep the wastelanders fighting and suspicious of each other, so they don't go searching for the Institute and attack it.
>>
>>340621031

Have you played Oblivion recently? It might run on the same engine but it really doesn't feel the same as the later games.
>>
>>340621309
what kind of bird is that?
>>
Do synths have penises?
>>
File: 1463808188734.jpg (58 KB, 474x548) Image search: [Google]
1463808188734.jpg
58 KB, 474x548
The Fallout 4 defense league is out in full force

This is shitty game that was panned by even mainstream publications and casual video game fans and has obvious glaring flaws is actually is actually perfect and if you're dare to criticize any aspect of it you're a nitpicker and /v/

Fuck off faggots
>>
>>340621309

Synths were meant to be the next step in robotics, continuing where pre-war left off, and filling all the same roles and more.
>>
>>340621185

Bethesda wouldn't go with a story where your character is a part of the world already. You NEED to be a fish out of water. An unknown element. A new player. Your character can't have lived in the setting their whole life and know it like the back of their hand, because the player controlling them does not.
>>
>>340621580

Considering that railroad re-programed synths can't tell that they're synths, you do the fucking math.
>>
>>340621582

anon did you have a stroke while typing that?
>>
File: male.png (657 KB, 695x527) Image search: [Google]
male.png
657 KB, 695x527
>>340621678
Cool argument fellow Fallout 4 fan upboated
>>
File: sarcastic.jpg (92 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sarcastic.jpg
92 KB, 1280x720
What the fuck was this, how the fuck can you include this and have it go literally no where.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNWoJLp3M2I
>>
>>340611842
>What really fucking pissed me off is that your son, who never knew you, sent you against a highly experienced mercenary with a deathsquad of combat synths and FOR SOME FUCKING REASON expected you to live, because MY DADDY A PRE-WAR SOLDIER. This makes even less sense if you play female, because she was just a fucking lawyer.

Either A: Shaun let you out and just wanted to see what happened. He didn't expect you to beat Kellogg or even survive.

Or B: You got out from a legitimate fluke in the Vault, and Shaun was just saving face and making up that he set everything up to prevent you killing him on the spot.
>>
>>340620938
As opposed of a lifeless world devoid of any of the irony or self awareness of the first two games
>>
File: 1465383094838.png (200 KB, 889x865) Image search: [Google]
1465383094838.png
200 KB, 889x865
>>340621738
>That voice acting
>>
>>340612167
>>340620010

>Fallout 5
>Where's my wife's son?
>>
>>340621738
I never finished the game, because it was fucking garbage, but does this really never get resolved? I got to that point and it was probably the most interesting thing to have happened.
>>
>>340621735

If you want to argue a point you need to present a point. Even if what you typed HAD made any sense what so ever, it does not appear to have an actual point.
>>
>>340621582

It has obvious glaring flaws and somehow people still manage to nitpick things that don't matter or are even wrong.

The problem with the dialog wheel is that it gives too few and too many options at the same time. It restricts your options if you should have a lot, but you get a bunch of samey options when faced with a simple yes/no question. Shopkeeps are throttled the most since two options are reserved for shopping and for ending the conversation.
>>
>>340621582
>This is shitty game that was panned by even mainstream publications and casual video game fans and has obvious glaring flaws is actually is actually perfect and if you're dare to criticize any aspect of it you're a nitpicker and /v/

anon please im worried about you
>>
>>340621867
It isn't even mentioned again let alone resolved, it's stupid as hell.
>>
>>340611591
Because PC is a Synth
>>
>>340610882

>Bethesda
>Hiring a competent employee

You have more chance of winning the lottery.
>>
>>340616504
>>340617176
that was so pointless. what a waste of budget.
>>
>>340621771

Or C, your character was just as much as a bad ass on the pre-war battlefield as he is when you're playing the game and Shawn knew thanks to pre-war records.
>>
Only 112 people left to sign the petition to help get Bethesda's butterfingers off the franchise

https://www.change.org/p/zenimax-media-inc-contract-obsidian-entertainment-for-future-fallout-games?recruiter=530873747&utm_source=petitions_show_components_action_panel_wrapper&utm_medium=copylink
>>
>>340621810
dude you jinx it
>>
>>340621984

What budget? Have a voice actor sit in a room and rattle off a bunch of quick lines?
>>
File: arewehumanorarewedanser.jpg (872 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
arewehumanorarewedanser.jpg
872 KB, 1920x1080
Reminder if you killed Danse you have no heart and killed off the best husbando.
>>
>>340621162
By eliminating the divisions in humanity that lead to the Great War to begin with, and also making them better able to survive in the hellish post-apocalyptic environment. The Master's reasoning was that if everyone is subscribed to the Unity and united in mutanthood, they would have no reason to fight each other. I don't think he really understand human nature, but to be fair that guy was like a melty blob of flesh. The fact that he was able to reason that far to begin with is pretty impressive, all things considered.
>>
>>340622004

>Internet petition
>Mattering ever

Are the people who did NV even still with Obsidian?
>>
File: gloves.jpg (84 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
gloves.jpg
84 KB, 500x667
>>340622041
>DON'T WORRY BRO
>ANY COMPLAINT YOU HAVE ABOUT THE GAME IS TOTALLY INVALID
>>
>>340622041
you saying they doing it for free.
>>
>>340622120
>Are the people who did NV even still with Obsidian?
Yes, are you retarded ?
>>
What do you think fallout man thinks about newpapers?
>>
>>340622178

No, I'm saying I doubt it would have cost that much in comparison to all the other voice acting that he was doing already.

>>340622169

I actually considered it to be a nice little touch that I wish more games would do.
>>
>>340621738
Literally one of the few things i liked from the game and his quest ends with a pre war ghoul sitting in a small as fuck room for 200 years like nothings happened while also being defended by waves of raiders for some reason
>>
>>340622217

Because I've been seeing people on /v/ say otherwise and I don't exactly closely follow game developer staff retention.
>>
>>340622115
he wanted mankind to evolve both literally and figuratively so there would be peace. he forced everyone to be the same.

the problem is that everyone would rather hold onto their humanity and identity no matter what the cost.
>>
File: Oliver_Swanick.jpg (161 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
Oliver_Swanick.jpg
161 KB, 800x572
>>340621970
>You have more chance of winning the lottery.
>>
>>340622301

I don't think those raiders were defending him, they just set up in the metro Nick leads you through.
>>
>>340622217
No, actually, a lot of them have left Obsidian

Most importantly Gonzales, who was responsible for a lot of the decent stuff in NV
>>
>>340622270
>I actually considered it to be a nice little touch

if more than one character did it sure. like i dont know? YOUR OWN SON?
>>
File: swanick.webm (3 MB, 720x420) Image search: [Google]
swanick.webm
3 MB, 720x420
>>340622395
>>
>>340622332
I think the only notable guy to leave was Avellone and even then if Obsidian ended up being able to make another Fallout game he'd probably work on it in some capacity
>>
>>340622429
I'm aware they weren't literally defending him lmao but the way they were setup and placed felt like they were
>>
>>340621185
>You finally meet the other you
>The Man Who Sold The World starts to play
>>
If a nuke falls and you don't hide from the blast is it true that you become immortal?
>>
>>340618830

That's why I like the Institute.

They're the only faction in the entire setting that has actually progressed into the future of where the pre-war probably would have been in the 200 years since the war.
>>
>>340610882
fallout 4 was alright
>>
\>>340622554

Not really. I don't remember any of them in the actual tunnel that leads up to his bunker. Just in the metro station and the Splunky Joes speakeasy.
>>
>>340622714
DELETE THIS
>>
>>340621810
kek
>>
>>340621991
Explain why the female character could do it.

Or for that matter, why was male-survivor ex military? It was the greatest armed conflict the world had seen. Why would they be retiring physically fit and able soldiers?
>>
>>340622217
A fair number are gone.
It is Sawyer's show now.
>>
Guys what are some good mods for Fallout 4?
>>
>>340622920
New Vegas was always Sawyer's show
>>
>>340622714
I wonder what sort of metric a supposedly sentient being could use to end up with that conclusion.
Cause it's certainly not the state of the art of gamin of the past 40 years.
>>
>>340621582
Shitposted so hard you broke eh?
>>
>>340619708
>webcomics

Its a fun game but sufferes from the same problem all Bethesda's games do. I had a fun 20 or so hours out of it but I haven't even finished the main quest yet and I'm bored.
>>
>>340622967
To some extent, but the DLC which is all very well received was all Avelone
>>
>>340610882

what are you talking about

the story does make sense

it's shitty, granted, but it improves dramatically after the first few hours
>>
>>340622379
>the problem is that everyone would rather hold onto their humanity and identity no matter what the cost.
Which is pretty stupid, really. Identity, like any other idea representing an intangible thing, is only useful inasfar as it lets you achieve your practical goals (eating, fucking, the respect of your peers, and the perfection of your craft, the proliferation of your line). If an identity does not aid you in these things, or worse, hinders you, that identity should be discarded just like any other baggage.
Of course, anyone would have really fucked up if they backed the Unity with the way things turned out.

>>340622301
Man, one of the worst things about F4 that I see being ragged on the least is the degree to which they overuse pre-war ghouls. Is there even a single named ghoul character in the game that isn't 200 years old?
>>
>>340623137
> few hours

How do you expect people to play longer than that when there is so much shit posting to do?
>>
>>340621582

there is no fallout 4 defense league

you fuckers are all just contrarian retards

i love this game (i guess i'm just better at forgiving flaws than most) and everybody here (and everywhere fucking else except maybe shitholes like reddit or tumblr that i don't deign to use) thinks i have bad taste

fuck you guys i platinumed this glorious golden turd
>>
File: rubber ears.jpg (20 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
rubber ears.jpg
20 KB, 600x300
>>340623036
>Criticizing Fallout 4 is shit posting
>Ignoring the core of the argument because someone made a typo

The bethdrone way
>>
>>340621307
And that describes half the raiders in the wasteland.
>>
>>340623210

the first few hours are so incredibly bad, so incredibly bad

if you stopped playing there i couldn't blame you

it starts to get better once you leave sanctuary hills and once you're done with preston gayboy you can start playing the real game

it'd be nice if the workshop were better explained. i was making prefab houses till playthrough 2, and then the first thing i did was make a massive fort. shit's great

>>340623173
hancock
>>
>>340623173

>Is there even a single named ghoul character in the game that isn't 200 years old?

Hancock.

The problem is that ghouls that aren't pre-war usually don't bring it up in conversation.
>>
>>340623214
>you fuckers are all just contrarian retards

Roosterteeth please go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7sXHiUBrZM
>>
>>340623283

Raiders aren't known for mercenary work.

Gunners yes, but raiders are mostly rabble.
>>
>>340623475

They're not wrong though, review sites DO tend to randomly give bad scores to games that get good scores otherwise, just to be an out liner. The fact /v/ treats the lowest scores like the most legitimate ones exacerbates the problem.
This is a way WAY older issue than Fallout 4 though. Also not really much of an issue unless you take what /v/ says seriously.
>>
>>340623682
>good metacritic reviews are paid
>bad metacritic reviews are word of god

every time
>>
>>340622076
Reminder if you forced Danse to live, you made the man betray his most cherished beliefs and turn his back on everything that ever mattered to him just so YOU wouldn't feel sad.
>>
>>340623682
what the fuck was up with washington's post 40/100 review for uncharted 4

did they do that just to lower the score because they didn't feel it deserved 94

????

game reviewers are a joke though

>mario 3D land has 93 on metacritic
>>
>>340623283
I posted this many months ago in a similar thread, but boy do the raiders in F4 piss me off.

>Hey, we've been stealing tatos and daughters from these inbred mud farmers for weeks now - why don't we just, say, move in? Maybe work out an arrangement where we bully them and they give us food, and in exchange we keep other people like us away from them? I mean, shit, we wouldn't have to travel very far to steal their things, and if we can sustain such a robust population from just taking their shit now and then, imagine the sorts of civilization we could base around stealing their entire surplus! And we could offer some neat dilemmas for the player character concerning where the separation lies between exploitative protection racket and legitimate state, and when they have the right to intervene with violence!

>Oh, wait, what's that? Nevermind, I guess we're still strapping pasta strainers to our chests and getting into violent gunfights every time we need groceries. At least this time we got a protection racket on one piddly caravan, that's one better than F3.
>>
>>340623836

>>340623879
eh, i don't think it's that unreasonable

i like to play evil drug chicks every now and then and you can get into that kind of mindset

>too high to even care
>when not high just need more drugs
>don't give a fuck about anything else
>kill, steal, and live it up
>>
>>340623682
>>340623746

>IT'S JUST /v/ YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH CONTRARIANS
>Here are some reviews from mainstream sites that didn't like the game
>REVIEWS DON'T MATTER
>>
>>340623853

The Washington Post have it 4/5 stars. Metacritic recorded it as 4/10.
>>
>>340623347
>>340623339
Oh, I see. I never got him when I played the game. Still, I feel like Bethesda uses pre-war ghouls as a crutch because they literally lack the imagination to imagine what sorts of post-war cultural innovations might appear in the span of 200 years, so they use ghouls in order to shoehorn in the ideas they had when their writing team heard post-apocalyptic but missed the 200 years post-apocalyptic part.
>>
>>340623836

fuck i was supposed to reply to this

if you think about it the brotherhood is a pretty accurate /pol/ faction. killing danse is a big choice because you have to decide whether or not the traditionalistic values you fight for are absolute or should apply on a case-to-case basis.

in danse's case i think you could let him live because he knows what he is and won't let his nature stop him from building up his humanity, and that's noble in and of itself, but at the same time killing him is a sort of noble sacrifice

if their endgame wasn't barebones as shit brotherhood would be the best faction

i regret not playing them with a proper /pol/ character
>>
>>340624112

i read the review and it was incredibly critical

>>340624079
what? what i mean is every fucking thread you see
>PAID REVIEWS
when a game /v/ doesn't like gets good reviews
and then when a game /v/ doesn't like gets bad reviews /v/ treats it as word of god
>>
File: feels good man.jpg (169 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
feels good man.jpg
169 KB, 1920x1080
>Shaun gets cancer/plot disease and the PC can't even do anything about it
>>
>>340624154

bethesda is incredibly retarded

>200 year old ghoul in a chinese sub
>200 year old ghoul kid in a fridge
>200 year old vault tec salesman dude
>200 years and bethesda still couldn't come up with a good story

i love this game. i have a platinum trophy in this game. BUT COME THE FUCK ON
>>
>>340624274
Well done anon you've managed to identify shitposting and console wars, although using this argument in response to somebody posting a 7/10 review of a game seems a little much
>>
>>340621185
pretty good. i'll take a crack at it

>Pre-war
>Fighting in Operation Anchorage to introduce character, gameplay, etc. (throwback to F3, make it a bit cinematic, and just throws you into the deep end)
>Start off with your character design, stats, etc.
>Based on the general archetype of your character roll you have a certain role to play in Operation Anchorage (high INT makes you an NCO w/ a squad, lots of stat points makes you an Engi, etc.)
>Throughout OA you encounter different situations based on your initial role that determines starting perks (kinda like those questions in NV) make your choices wisely
>After it's all said and done spend some time exploring pre-war Fallout in Alaska, just a small starting area
>Make leveling a bit more difficult and like NV where you don't just get heaps of points and perks; actual dialogue options that create different results (like this needs to be said)
>Eventually you get to the day the bombs fall and your CO sends you and your buddies to a Vault-tec facility
>Your squad is killed off eventually, just you left
>You're forced to fire off AK's nukes to retaliate
>You sit and watch the world end, decide to freeze yourself in the hopes of waking up in a better world
>Surprise, you're unfrozen by the Brotherhood who bring you to the NCR where the rest of the game largely takes place in Cali
>Choose to be a wandering soul in a new world or take up the causes of various factions (NCR, Brotherhood, etc.)
>Just have a bunch of stories to be told, don't necessarily focus on one massive arc, make it about exploration
>package a DLC about an alternate timeline where you don't launch the nukes and wake up to fight Russkies/Chinamen that have taken over Alaska in the future, in the end you defeated your enemies for a dead nation's land and decide to take your life
>>
>>340624060
>i like to play evil drug chicks every now and then and you can get into that kind of mindset
I tried to do that, gave her a shitload of scar, burn marks, face paint and an edgy haircut then i talked to someone and she goes where's muh baby, where's Shaun
>>
File: im not saying you're a baka.jpg (19 KB, 360x345) Image search: [Google]
im not saying you're a baka.jpg
19 KB, 360x345
Fallout 4 has gameplay that is leagues better than previous Fallouts. I can't ever come back to Jew Vegas's clunky ass system after Fallout 4. That's enough to make it instantly the best game in the franchise.

>B-but the story sucks...

It's a video game. How autistic do you have to be to give a rat's ass about the story in a fucking video game? Read a book or something you fucking Obsidrones.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.