[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So much talk about this game and the previous title until it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
So much talk about this game and the previous title until it released.

Was it that bad, or did no one even notice that its out?
>>
>>340607769

It's a terrible game, as was the first.
>>
Wait, it's out already? Guess I better pirate it and see how it is, at least. I loved the original, but the beta for this one was pretty bad.
>>
File: 1456027437112.png (92 KB, 270x249) Image search: [Google]
1456027437112.png
92 KB, 270x249
Remember how everyone hated the combat in the first game?

LETS PUT MORE COMBAT IN THE SEQUEL!!!!!

Remember how everyone loved the parkour in the first game?

LETS LOCK OFF THE ABILITY TO DO IT WELL AT THE START BY CRIPPLING THE PLAYER WITH PROGRESSION LEVELING SYSTEMS LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O M G

And let's shove shitty characters, a bad story, and a less visually interesting world design down everyone's throat........... but then...........................................

OPEN WORLD SANDBOX LMAOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>340608490
The worst part about the open world for me in the beta was that I had to keep stopping to check the map to find routes to places, since I turned off the ever-present HERE'S AN EXACT PATH TO YOUR OBJECTIVE SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO THINK AT ALL bullshit. Stopping to check a map every minute really doesn't flow well.
>>
Is it worth upgrading my GPU for? I barely even play vidya anymore
>>
>>340607769

Is there some kind of issue with the engine right now? Like, this is on the "ultra" setting and look how bad it is. It has to be some kind of issue with drivers or something.

This was not made to intentionally look like this in 2000 + 16, I assume. R-right, friends?
>>
e3 buried it
>>
>>340608490
>LETS LOCK OFF THE ABILITY TO DO IT WELL AT THE START BY CRIPPLING THE PLAYER WITH PROGRESSION LEVELING SYSTEMS LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't get why people are so upset about this
You unlock the roll and insta-180 in the first hour of gameplay anyway
>>
>>340610117
Because you didn't have to unlock basic abilities in the first one
>>
Played it on PS4 for about an hour, it's certainly not as good as rhe first one. Graphically it's a letdown on all systems including pc, controller feeks awkward too. I have lots of microstutters for some reason, and textures sometimes take seconds to load. I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a big patch soon. The open world is shit desu, it's like saint's row and infamous and every other open world game with useless bullshit collectables. The unlock system is made to make it harder to parkour so you have trouble with races and come back to them. Padding all over the game. Had high hopes for it. Remember me is more of a Mirror's Edge 2 than this is, in a spiritual successor kind of way.
>>
>>340609662
Textures kill my performance above low for some reason
Even if I set everything on ultra I won't drop under 52 frames with overall smooth framerate and few drops here and there but if I set textures to more than low I will drop as low as 45
>>
>>340610214
And why is it so annoying? The roll has the soft landing until you unlock it and insta 180 isn't very useful and can be unlocked very very early in the game
>>
>>340610507
Because unlocks are needed to speed run, before you can only do some bad times. Obviously done to stretch out the game which is bad form.

I also don't like how the courses are designed here. 1 was linear and had levels that were designed separately. Here you have a city with courses slapped on it, and it shows.
>>
>>340610507
Because there's no reason to have such basic abilities be unlockables. Ratchet and Clank 2/Going Commando didn't require you to unlock Clank's helicopter pack/thruster pack. Neither did UYA.
>>
>>340610507
Why couldn't they just make a sequel that was like the first game but better?
Character progression isn't always good.
Open world is never good.
Dumbing down gameplay and difficulty is super not good.
In Conclusion, Mirrors Edge not 2 is...?
>>
>>340610709
>Because there's no reason to have such basic abilities be unlockables
But there's no reason to be annoyed by it though
It's pointless but it's not like they charge you for the skill
>>
>>340610845
no, they charge you for your time. And then they make you waste it.
>>
>>340610898
>You unlock it after the first mission
>Waste of time
I don't understand
>>
>>340612027
You mean you unlock it after the tutorial mission?
Why even lock it?
>>
>>340612027
Those two yeah, but stuff like the double wall jump and hook isn't unlocked until way later. Why would I so any races before finishing the game and hence all the unlockable moves? I won't do as good without them so there's no reason to do any side content until after you finished the game.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP4O0rqorQA
So was this trailer song ever released/finished?

>shitty EDM
I know, but I really like it.
>>
the forced hate you retards have for this game is crazy
>>
It's like Sonic Adventure 1/2. Lots of good parts. Some really great parts. But also a lot of stuff that just is not good.
>The GTA wanted-like sections
>Reboot with no guns, but enemies still have guns and slow the pace down
>Console port isn't very good
>Story is awful
>Dumb ass upgrade system that makes it a waste of time to do any of the open world stuff until you get all of them.
>Short

EA Access demo was fun, but not $60 fun. Probably gonna rent it or wait for it to $20.
>>
>>340615141
it's /v/, there's forced hate for every game if you look for it (or don't, they spam their opinions in all caps like their life depends on it).
>>
>>340615379
>but not $60 fun
Ironically, that's what people said about Mirror's Edge when it first released.

Were they right? Yes and no. The casual audience who plays games once or twice and doesn't care about the leaderboards won't. But people like me who to this day still speedrun the game got their money's worth.

And surprise surprise, I'm already getting it for Catalyst. Honestly, this just proves to me how most 'fans' of ME were in it solely for the visuals. Because the actual game part of Catalyst is amazing, and all the main speedrunners of the original game (ovendonkey, Mr. Walrus, Phillotrax, etc) agree.
>>
File: NEVER.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
NEVER.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
>>340608454

>Pirate

I don't think so PCuck
>>
>>340615141
I don't hate it, I just expected more. Ditching ooen world and collectibles would habe made the game far better already.
>>
>>340615780
does catalyst have time trials like the first one?
>>
>>340616414
Yes. They're called Dashes, and there's over 20.

The leaderboards are already filled with some ridiculously fast runs, and it's quite a challenge to get into the top 1%. It's also not enough to just know the shortest path - your inputs have to be on point.
>>
>>340616414
Every sidequests are time trials
>>
>>340608454
>I better pirate it
See you in 10 years, anon.

>>340607769
Very few in /v/ actually pays for EA shit.
>>
>>340607769
They ruined the whole appeal of ME1 which was flat colors and very little to no textures and no forced story. You could literally just parkour through the whole game without giving a single fuck about what are you doing. Now it's all glossy and shiet with terribly written story and characters where every single of the "good guys" is a social minority (chinks, niglets and mixed races) and the whole "we have to fight white people" propaganda leaves a bad taste in your mouth

disgusting
>>
>>340615780
A lot of people share this really strange perspective on the value of video games, where a 60$ game for whatever reason is considered too expensive.
Its literally nothing. In terms of cost per hour its in 1990s movie rental territory.
Its one or two hours of salary, or about the same as an expensive lunch.

So no, I dont agree with you. Everyone who played mirrors edge got their moneys worth.
>>
>>340608490
But MW2 has less combat

you can't even use guns
>>
>>340610117
>>in the first hour of gameplay anyway

and the game is 2 hours long,what's even the point?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.