[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last of us thread? Is it worth $15? Have been interested in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
Last of us thread?

Is it worth $15?

Have been interested in it but not sure.
>>
PS4 yes.
>>
It's worth $60 in my opinion. I'm the type of person that doesn't really care for linear games and just wa at to push through the gameplay to advance the plot. This game made me slow down and really experience the game as I played it. The story is amazing from start till finish, but the last hour especially will make you realize exactly why so many people praise this games story.
>>
>>340607592
Yeah I'd be getting it on ps4
>>340607554
thanks for your input!

Alright another question, does it have good replayability?
>>
Absolutely fuckigg not. Bought this 2 years ago and I'm still regretting it. Biggest piece of shit I've ever played. That's what I get for taking some dildos advice and buying a game before seeing anything about it. I believed the hype and was quickly disappointed. Just rent a dvd instead of not playing this "game".
>>
>>340607701
I see! Now see I love shit like that! Thank you anon!
>>
>>340607463
forget everything you've heard on /v/
now get this game and enjoy yourself
>>
>>340607862
Don't do it. I wish I bought the physical copy of the game so I could sell it to some poor sap. And yes I'm the same guy who talked much shit about it above.

I've never been more serious don't get this game
>>
>>340608027
I see, what was so bad about it? Just not good? You have me interested.
>>
yes

it's one of those games that reminded me I like games. It may be an uncharted clone sans the platforming, but they really raised the bar for what a game of this type/ genre can be.
>>
>>340607836

Sounds like less the game being bad, and you being a full on retard.
>>
>>340607463
the story is generic as shit but its still enjoyable
the atmosphere is the only good thing about the singleplayer.
>>
>>340608139
>>340608027
Because I too have been hyped and excited for a game that left a hole in me. And I was the only one trying to warn people.
>>
>>340607463
it's damn good, not memeing you. It's one of those games I go back and replay like once a year. Good mix of stealth and firefights.
>>
>>340607862
No problem bud, now make sure you have a nice strong drink waiting for you once you finish the game so you can sit there, listen to the credits music, and contemplate all you've just seen. Oh and don't let anybody on here spoil the game for you.
>>
>>340608232
boo fucking hoo you petulant child
>>
File: EpicNoBaby.png (215 KB, 620x525) Image search: [Google]
EpicNoBaby.png
215 KB, 620x525
Get it on PS4.

Play Grounded difficulty.

Then enjoy the multiplayer, it's still alive.

Easily worth $15 for dat 60 fps and slightly improved quality quality.
>>
>>340607463
It's okay.
Very little replay value, though.
>>
>>340608139
For one it's not a fucking game if anything you can label it an interactive experience but for the most part you'll be walking around narrow paths that lead to an open space where you then find a way to make it past some shit puzzle or kill some people. The characters are always talking shit about the stupidest stuff. It's a movie. Movement, shooting is not solid at all, instead it's pretty clunky.
Just go and buy heavy rain instead.

>>340608182
It's barely a game. I'm not sure how this genre of shit came to rise but it's the most normie casual shit anyone could ever want.
>>
>>3406082
>Generic shit
Yea sure anon, at least this game didn't do some bullshit "good" or "bad" ending like pretty much every other triple A game has these days. I for one was surprised my the last few minutes of the game and what impact that had on me personally.
>>
File: shit winds are a comin.gif (3 MB, 240x135) Image search: [Google]
shit winds are a comin.gif
3 MB, 240x135
>>340608535

>it's not a game

oh boy here we go

abandon thread while you can OP it's about to get retarded in here
>>
>>340608535
If anything go watch a long play of it. It'll probably be less frustrating then trying to work the game and you can skip through slow mindless walking shit. People say the atmosphere is great but that's only because you have to spend a lot of time looking at something while your character slowly moves through the environment.
>>
>>340608535
>Heavy Rain
How the fuck can you complain about TLou not being an actual game but then turn around and reccomend Heavy Rain? That shit was a movie with button prompts and the shittiest story I've seen in a game to date.
>>
>>340607463
Deff worth for 15$. Single player is good and I still play the multiplayer to this day, almost a week 700 in it but beware it has a deep learning curve and some if not most players play real scrubby.

Also best sweat mode load out

9mm
Burst Rifle

Reviver 3
First Aid 1
Sharp Shooter 3
>>
>>340608535
>It's barely a game.

it's like Uncharted or Tomb Raider (reboot), but less retarded and more varied in terms of its level design and setpieces. I rarely see those game being accused of being the equivalent of gone homo

The least you fags could do is to stay consistent
>>
>>340607463
The story is fishing for very cheap feels.
>>
>>340608795
All you fucks are working against yourselves >>340608707

At least heavy rain is honest about what it is.
>btw I've never played heavy rain
>go fuck yourself
>>
Its absolutely worth anything under $40 on PS4. Take your time with the game and you'll enjoy it
>>
>>340608907
I'll take on all you faggots!
>it's like uncharted
If that's what uncharted is like then I can see how the genre of shit came to rise. Sure the first uncharted was a novelty game showing what the PS3 can do. Then they decided (like the with big budget films) let's continue to crank our shit machine and produce more of the same shit. People will buy it because they are familiar with it and we'll make money guaranteed. Then some other game (last of cucks) comes along and changes the formula up slightly and is hailed as king of shit.

You fucks don't even deserve to call yourself gamers. There will one day be a whole platform where you shitweeds can mentally and physically masturbate during prolonged cutscenes and downtime in this particular genre of interactive experiences.
>>
It's alright. Story is really cliche with a shitty ending. Gameplay is fun for the first couple hours but you realize how shitty the AI is, but for 15$ it's worth it.
>>
>>340609375
Ok faggot let's hear your gaming tastes then if you're so superior?
>>
>don't want to pay to play movie game
>torrents are like 50 gigs and not that well seeded
True pain, famalam.
>>
>>340609007
You are using greentext wrong retard, it just screams underage newfag
>>
>>340609007

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>340609475
>implying that good games get released
As if someone with ass taste would ever agree with me. Since no parameters were given for games that I think are good;

MGSV
Xcom2
Wolfenstein
Halo 2
Ssbm
Bioshock 1
Mass effect 1
Advanced wars 1/2/DS
Pokemon RBGS
RE4
Flower
Animal crossing

Can't rattle off anything else
Eat me
>>
>>340609375
if this game was executed with minimal effort, I wouldn't have bothered completing it, but it's one of those few titles that you can probably count on one hand where the whole is more than the sum of its parts

In terms of its setpieces and how the level design was constructed, it even reminded me of RE4 and Half-life 2, which is why I even bother defending it

you seem like a dumb shithead who's just blinded by association of its genre and keeps spewing reguritated shit without thinking or having analyzed it properly
>>
>>340609730
>>340609909
>like I could actually give a fuck
>>
>>340609929
>Bioshock 1
>Mass effect 1
>RE4
>Flower
>Animal crossing
>MGSV

I'm going to vomit
>>
>>340610050
Ok so fuck off to Facebook newfag
>>
>>340607836

You're an idiot. The movie meme does not even apply really.
>>
to be honest i stopped playing this game about 2 hours in because of those invisible screamer monsters. I literally pissed my pants and got so scared that I turned off the game and uninstalled.

Iv'e been thinking about re installing but
A. I dont want to watch 2 hours worth of cutscenes again

B. I don't want to get scared again

I hate horror films that get cheap scares that make your heart race.
>>
>>340610052
>hating on animal crossing
Not even that guy, but I didn't know you could be this much of a faggot.
>>
File: 1407604132774.jpg (37 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
1407604132774.jpg
37 KB, 500x661
Is the multiplayer still pretty active on the PS4 version?

Still able to find full games easily?
>>
>>340608373
>grounded
bad meme
game is much less fun without hearing mode
>>
I got the ps3 version but got a ps4 recently. The game's been on the back burner while i finish stuff like mgs5 so should i just trade in ps3 version for the ps4 one?
>>
>>340610264
>those invisible screamer monsters.

???
>>
>>340607463
i'd say yes.

I normally dont like linear games that focus a lot on story. But I really liked last of us.

Also, the multiplayer is fucking great.
>>
>>340610021
>>340610052
>>340610136
Typed up a bunch of shit for you losers but it was thought to be spam. I'll sum it up.

>doubt I played more than an hour of the game
>could care less of what you think about a list of games I like
>don't have a Facebook but maybe you should go back to playing whatever mobile game it is you think is a 10/10
>>
>>340607463
For 15 sure. It's okay
>>
>>340607463

Game is great but it really needed more stuff with the infected.

Fighting human enemies was boring af.
>>
I didn't like it that much, I feel it would have done better as a movie than a game, even then the story wasn't that good and just focused on trying to make you sad.

The gameplay was repetitive and tedious and mostly focused on you having to stealth past everything. The game could have been done in 2 hours if it didn't make every enemy encounter be a 20 minute stealthathon.
>>
>>340610783
so your counterarguments are so awful that even the automated spamfilter dismisses it

nice job, you're very credible
>>
>>340610598
clickers
>>
>>340611034
I'm trying to save a man money he will never get back and always regret. You're trying to recruit another defender of shit
>>
>>340610783
>I too like to use meme arrows wrong cause I'm a newfag
>>
>>340611123
With the games you like, you can't be calling other games shit
>>
File: cGIay9e.png (3 KB, 280x272) Image search: [Google]
cGIay9e.png
3 KB, 280x272
>>340611123
here's your medal for being such a hero
>>
>>340611194
>right on brudda
>people on here are fucking squares too scared to do whatever they want in fear of being called newfags
>what pussys roam the planet today
>I do whatever I like because I could not give a shit about what any of you think

Mass effect 1 was really great for how bad it was but 2 sucked eggs
>>
>>340607767
yea, i've played it through like 3 times now
>>
>>340607463

The multiplayer alone is worth more than 15 bucks. Get it while it's hot!
>>
>>340607463
Meh sure it's worth it.

Personally I didn't like the game but with 15 dollars you're not losing much.
>>
>>340610319
Yes, there is a dedicated community still. Easy to find a full lobby
>>
File: Uncharted 4 A Vidya's End.jpg (507 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Uncharted 4 A Vidya's End.jpg
507 KB, 1920x1080
>naughty dog + sony are too jew to release a patch to fix the ps3 bug where the multiplayer loading freezes because of the patch that disabled fecesbook interaction
>you can get past the bug by pressing the home button while it's loading but not everyone knows this, killing off the community
>>
Got it for free, and I thought it was pretty damn bad.

The whole game is practically one long tunnel, made up of rooms full of enemies, that you have to sneak around because the tank controls, lack of bullets and dying too fast make fighting impossible. There are only four types of enemies in the whole damn game, which is way too long in general, so the ride gets old pretty fucking fast.

Enjoy sixty hours of crawling behind enemies' backs and mashing square. You arrive to a new place, admire the scenery for 10 seconds, then see some bricks and bottles on the ground and groan aloud, "not yet another fucking horde of clickers goddamn it".

Also frequently presented is ND's dumb Murphy's law game design. See a straight way that connects two areas? You can bet yo ass it collapses/caves in/explodes right as you're trying to get through, forcing you to go around the whole shit.

The praised-to-death story is a generic rip-off of Viggo Mortensen's the Road, with the ending twist stolen from the Prince of Persia reboot.

And this turd won how many awards?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.