[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Total War: Warhammer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
Great game so far. I'd say the vamps are my favorite so far, while chaos was the worst play through for me.
>>
Why didn't they name it Total Warhammer? Why are devs so obsessed with preserving and flaunting a series name now.
>>
>>340607740
its a dumb fucking name.
>total warhammer
>>
>>340607740
Games Workshop didn't let them.
>>
>>340608041
nah. GW was too busy shilling out their AoS game.
Gotta love the AOS advert on the launcher
>"you played the game, now discover the miniatures"
>click on the link
>sigmarines, orruks and fyreslayers everywhere.
>>
>>340607740
Are you the same guy who keeps asking this every fucking time I see a total war thread or does everyone not realize that's illegal as GW said no?
>>
>>340608235
Thank god AoS isn't in total war.
>>
>>340608379
>radious added fyreslayers into his mod
>he just renamed them into his OC donut steel names
GW cucked once again.
>>
>>340608274
No friend this is my first time, be gentle~

But I can see how it would be a common complaint. I mean the idea of the game is so silly already, why not make a fun title instead of a boring and serious sounding "TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER!"
>>
>>340607449

Chaos replenishment rates are just terrible.
>>
>>340608803
you are supposed to crash in your allies' lands while doing that.
>>
What unit sizes do people use? I've been running on small and it gives battles a very tabletop vibe.
>>
>>340609083

What allies? I'm attacking down south.
>>
>>340609167
cycle stacks nigga. The chaos wastes are never too far. you gotta unite the north before you venture down.
>>340609154
I use that along with the 2x larger unit models. looks very goofy and adorable :3
>>
>failure
>failure
>critical failure
>failure

/wrists.
>>
Crack when?
>>
>install mod
>can't finish turn 87, some other people have the same issue on other turns
>can't see objectives aka cant finish game because its not tracking objectives
Fuck
>>
>>340611149

Preferably never.
>>
>>340607740
Every fucking thread.
>>
Do they not have army interception like they had in previous games?
It's infuriating having cornered a chaos army and having it literally walk between your armies.

That's not how it should work in game or in real life.
>>
>>340612594

Yes there's underway interception for Orcs and Dwarves and there is ambush stance
>>
>>340612761
Of course I know about those, but I was wondering about the mechanic back in games like Nappy before the age of stances where if an enemy army got close enough to one of yours you automatically had the choice to attack them.

But I guess I see your point. I guess that mechanic got phased out in favor of the ambush stance.
>>
Is Warhammer a LOTR ripoff?
>>
File: 20160609223632_1.jpg (369 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
20160609223632_1.jpg
369 KB, 1440x900
The south belogns to the Dawi!

Grobi, get out. Urks, get fucked.

Some of you Umgi cool guys, don't settle anywhere near black guld tomorrow.
>>
>>340612991
All fantasy is a LOTR ripoff when you think of it.
>>
>>340612991
its more of a dnd inspired game.
>>
>>340612991
LOTR is a rip off of multiple other sources of fantasy

So I guess its all fair in the end, everything rips everything else off
>>
>>340613473

Well sure, but how is Archaon not Sauron?
>>
>>340613473
Shit, I never knew the Arthurian legends were inspired by a book that came out well after they were.
>>
>>340613895
>how is a mortal not the same as a demi-god?
>>
>>340613895
Archaon is a human who was blessed by Chaos gods, he is only not the only 'Archaon' to have existed and is basically a puppet to the Chaos gods

Sauron is a god by his own right

Its totally different, unless you think "OMG BLACK AND SPIKES = SAME THING" which is what I suspect you meant
>>
>>340613963
All high fantasy is a LOTR ripoff.

Happy?
>>
>>340614149
But LOTR is based on fantasy that came before it, so no, not happy.
>>
>>340614149
I'm on /v/, I'll never be happy. But I will concede the point.
>>
>>340614129

I think he meant some outside commander who comes out of nowhere to spread destruction across the whole world. This part is a fair comparison. Also, Sauron is a demi-god at best, since he (and Gandalf) are Maia and not Valar.
>>
>>340614406
>I think he meant some outside commander who comes out of nowhere to spread destruction across the whole world.
I guess Alexander the Great is the same as Sauron then, good to know.
>>
>>340614475

That wasn't Alexander's goal though. His philosophy certainly wasn't, "some men just want to watch the world burn."
>>
>>340614406
>I think he meant some outside commander who comes out of nowhere to spread destruction across the whole world. This part is a fair comparison.
No its not, a fair comparison takes everything into account. What you just said is so generalized you could apply it to literally thousands of stories.
>>
>>340614536
By your shitty comparison it is, so either admit you said it or take back what you said.

Also, neither Sauron or Archaon 'came out of nowhere' or aimed to just destory everything. Archaon wanted Chaos to take over the world, Sauron wanted power for himself.
>>
>>340614636
No, Archaon didn't want Chaos to take over the world; quite the opposite actually. He wanted to take the world from Sigmar and from the Chaos gods he despised so much and destroy it.
>>
>>340614771
Oh Jesus so you dont even know the story, wont even waste my time anymore.
>>
>>340614636

Fair enough. But I won't concede that there aren't parallels.
>>
>>340614636
>Archaon wanted Chaos to take over the world
He wanted to bring the End Times whereby the Old World would be destroyed and consumed by Chaos.

>>340614771
>He wanted to take the world from Sigmar...and destroy it.
In Age of Sigmar, yes
>the Chaos gods he despised so much
I don't even know where this is coming from.
>>
>>340614828
I know the story better than you obviously.

"He would be the Lord of End Times and of the coming apocalypse. Only then would he show man, beast and god the folly of their existence. He would plunge all, his patrons, his enemies and everyone else, into an everlasting darkness. A kingdom devoid where not even Archaon would rule."

>>340615246
>In Age of Sigmar, yes
No, this happened when he was still Diedrick Kastner.

>I don't even know where this is coming from.
He only mentions his hatred of them about a hundred times.
>>
File: normies reee.jpg (135 KB, 1616x710) Image search: [Google]
normies reee.jpg
135 KB, 1616x710
Full gobbo armys in quick battle are awesome. Night goblins to surprise da gits and regular gobbos to overwelm 'em. Most units can be fully upgraded
Couple shamans to buff them up.

Havent really encountered good opponents while doing this though and ranged will mess me up.
>>
man, the slower combat mod makes the game so much better.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.