[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just started pic related on sunday and already beat the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Rune_Factory_4.jpg (113 KB, 640x569) Image search: [Google]
Rune_Factory_4.jpg
113 KB, 640x569
So I just started pic related on sunday and already beat the "main story" midway through summer year 1 but I'm curious about a couple of things

is there more after saving leon? There was that whole prologue part that was never really explained with like the moon stone or something I don't remember, but is there more to the story that I can explore? If not what the heck was that about?

Also is there more to the world? There's like Maya road which I haven't done yet but how expansive is it? And what is with the vacant houses? I thought the clothing merchant I got moved into one of them, but I can't find the fucker

Game was kinda short main story wise, did I fuck up by going through it too fast? I'm like level 75. I am still liking he game for the rest of the stuff though

Also rune factory thread I guess, this was my first in the series and I enjoyed it quite a bit, though if I asked anything post game spoiler-y I'm willing to accept the answer "you'll find out"

also is story of seasons worth it? I heard it's a bit of a child Ified version of this/harvest moon but is it decent?
>>
>>340600982
You've only just begun, anon
There's more to it, I promise.

Can't give you advice about SoS, but it's the real continuation of Harvest Moon, quite opposite the one Natsume released.
>>
>>340601625
That is beautiful news good sir, thank you

I was really enjoying it and sad to see the credits roll up on the screen because of how badly I just wanted more
>>
>>340601782
Yeah... this game loves to fuck you in that way.

There are actually three 'parts.' You're not even halfway through, I believe.

That final dungeon could be an entire game all on it's own, holy shit. I STILL hvaen't beaten it yet.
>>
Clorica is best waifu
>>
>>340602471
Oh god haha wow that is nuts

Also are the farm grown dungeons just side things? How do those work? I just got a request to do one but I haven't ever done it, I don't even know how to grow one honestly

>>340602893
Haha I'm deciding between Xiao pai, forte, and margaret

I wish Lin fa was an option because I would tap that in a heartbeat
>>
>>340600982
>He thinks he beat the game after finishing the first story

HAHAHA you're in for a ride. Glad you're enjoying it tho, it's my fav 3DS game.
So yes, there is more story, more world and a plenty more dungeons.
>>
>>340603768
Oh, and I put like 160 hours in Story of Seasons (got over 200 in RF4 for comparison)... it's alright. The game is a Harvest Moon game at it's core but it retains many of the issues recent games had (I mean, recent as in before the not-harvest moons released by Natsume), and by that I mean unncesary gimmicks to "innovate" the old formula, a big cast of characters that range from uninteresting to "ok" and more stuff to do than anyone could possibly need (some of the achievements have just ridiculous requirements).

I honestly think that if the game had a more appealing "story" and/or amazing characters it could easily be one of the best HM/SoS in recent times, but it falls short on both, so it's a fairly good game farming-wise and decent on almost everything else. I enjoyed it (wouldn't have put so many hours on it otherwise, no matter how much of a "fan" I am) It starts REALLY slow tho. You decide what to make out of what I said.
>>
>>340603472
If you want to replay do replays of the game I suggest you marry Xia last because you wull feel really guilty in future playthroughts of you dobt marry her.
>>
>>340604230
I see, that's interesting. I may end up getting it then, just with a bit of lower expectations for it. Though seeing as I seemingly have quite a while to go in rf4 I may hold off for a bit if it's not a must play hahaha. Thanks for the input anon

>>340604325
This is a good catch, thanks for that. I do tend to feel guilty for stuff like that so I will keep that in mind going forward
>>
Is this the best Rune Factory or is RF3 still king?
>>
File: ny-nd-6.jpg (335 KB, 702x799) Image search: [Google]
ny-nd-6.jpg
335 KB, 702x799
Reminder that with this year being Rune Factory's 10th anniversary, if they don't announce any new developments for the franchise then it's never happening.
>>
>>340602471
>Three parts
Oh shit, I'm at the part where Venti is unconscious again and my current dungeon is some giant floating castle How much longer do I have to go?

Also
That sad feeling you get when you go to feed her again.
>>
>>340605161
Dude you haven't even made it to the desert yet or fought anyone worth being hyped about. You're maybe 20% through the entire game if you consider that dungeon in the basement that everyone skips over without realizing it.
>>
There's two more story arcs and like 7 more dungeons, plus the sharance maze. You also likely haven't gotten married or finished the request board.
>>
>>340605598

>desert

What.

Wrong game?
>>
>>340605598
>>340605705

Shit, thanks anons.
This game is fucking huge isn't it?
>>
File: 1399689514188.jpg (15 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1399689514188.jpg
15 KB, 600x400
>Rune Prana
>>
>tfw stopped playing for a year
>tried to start my run again and didn't know what I was doing or how I was managing my farm or inventory and upgrades or anything
Picking games back up is hard
>>
>>340605832
Oh right! That's 3, my bad. 4 has that hell dungeon near the end though so still pretty good.
>>
>>340604848

3 had more longevity. 4 seemed easier to break, cash-wise, as soon as you have pineapple access the game is largely over. Then it's just breaking the crafting walls gated behind dungeons, for the fight an side of it.

It just seemed to go really fast compared to 3.

Also the cast was junk. Everyone that wasn't a carbon copy of someone else from an old game was a one-note cardboard cut-out, like illuminata or arthur.
>>
File: 1463562495589.png (16 KB, 958x660) Image search: [Google]
1463562495589.png
16 KB, 958x660
Sometime during part 2 I found a way into a late game area, and just decided to try to survive in the area.
I ended up incredibly overleveled but it was really satisfying to basically claw my way to the top like that, figuring out the most effective ways to cheese enemies. I really should finish playing it, definitely underrated 3DS gem.
>>
Is Dolce the only acceptable tsundere in video games?
I will never not marry that girl.
>>
I need a harvest moon to play. Stardew valley sponsor really an option. What should I play?
>>
I should start a new run.

And actually finish the third arc this time.
>>
>>340606728
Story of Seasons is probably your best pure farmin' choice currently since Natsume seem hell bent on running the Harvest Moon name into the ground currently.

Though some of the older ones can scratch the itch.
>>
>>340606873
I'm actually curious as I keep hearing this, what exactly is happening with modern harvest moon and why is it bad?
>>
>>340607275
The main team was booted for some reason and the games went from comfy simulators to more or less minigame collections instead.
They've gone and attempted to recreate the magic but they seem to miss the mark constantly.

So the main team go off and start making Story of Seasons while Natsume milks the HM name for what it's worth.
>>
>>340607558
Wow that seems like a series of absolutely terrible decisions

That's pretty sad honestly, but I guess we have a number of other games in the genre to fill that niche CROPPING up occasionally
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.