[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new patch >first DLC about to drop >cheaters have been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12
File: the-division.jpg (181 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
the-division.jpg
181 KB, 1280x720
>new patch
>first DLC about to drop
>cheaters have been banned
>gun balance incoming
>new raids and improvements to dark zone
>4chan doesn't play
not even a /vg/ circlejerk for this game. what will make 4chan play again?
>>
it being a good game
>>
>>340596510
>not even a /vg/ circlejerk for this game
pretty sure there was one but most stopped after the shitshow the updates were
>>
>>340596510
fuck off ubishill kill yourself
>>
>>340596683

first reply best reply as always
>>
I'll buy it after it gets all its dlcs and I'll play it with friends. The only acceptable way to enjoy this game: after it's actually finished and with a pre-made squad.

>but no-one is going to be playing it by then, retard
Good.
>>
>>340596510
>ubisoft
>good game

kek
>>
>>340596510
Cheaters banned? Fuckin bullshit the game is a client side clusterfuck. Cheating will always be heavy.
>>
>>340596510
Do they still disencourage shooting on sight in dark zones by making them game as easy as possible for groups who want to pve and as hard as it gets for solo pvpers?
>>
marginally better gear ad infinitum: the video game

games aping destiny's formula are, by extension, shit
>>
>preordered the $100 edition like a retard because i fell into the hype and the shills on /v/ convinced my weak resolve to do so
>wait for the fun for 2 months
>abused the first incursion for the best gear because if you didn't you just have 15 waves in a small room of horde mode and it wasn't fun/was too hard with the human garbage that matchmaking puts you with
>realize im just grinding a route in the dark zone to level that shit up because anything else takes too long and you risk losing XP if you die
>still get killed by 4 man gank squads

i dashboarded out right then and there, opened up a chat with xbone support on PC, demanded a refund of all the 100 dollars, and they listened. I immediately bought dark souls 3 afterwards with all that $$$.

i've been playing games for over 20 years across 5 generations and I can safely say the division is the worst game I have ever played.

there is nothing redeemable about that piece of shit.
>>
>>340596510
I just started playing recently, because my friends did.
Any tips for a newer player? I'm at level 11.
>>
>>340596510
i stopped playing after the first incursion. it's just not that fun. the themes between the enemy factions aren't different enough for the game to be enjoyable and that lack of uniqueness makes the game so repetitive. Destiny has the game beat in enemies and Raid content hands down and Destiny is also a bad game.

The game is only fun in the darkzone and only when you're playing with friends. I ended up playing in the DZ with a group of 8 and it was fun having us all go rogue but 16 total DZ players isn't enough and finding people was really difficult.

the game is just too boring and nothing can really fix it aside from zombies
>>
>>340596510
Maybe if they fixed the story telling better and talk about more content.

Also
>first dlc about to drop
what.
>>
>>340598594
turrets and heal station for solo play
heal station and your choice for pvp/group play

save cash for future gear to change their stats
>>
File: 1439148434479.jpg (637 KB, 959x647) Image search: [Google]
1439148434479.jpg
637 KB, 959x647
>>340597583
Cheater here, I can confirm this.
>>
>>340598774
Should I be disassembling all the old gear I have or selling it?
>>
>>340598930
yes to disassemble unless you want to make another character for some reason.
>>
>>340596510
I still do
Current issues
>Strikers / Sentry are still literally the best gear sets in the game, and makes sets like predator's mark just about useless
>Solo play for DZ or Challenge modes isn't viable.
>Incursions are nothing but objective based gauntlets (still the best part of the PVE)

If Massive were at least competent they could program a way to give Solo players a boost, for example something like Path of the Nomad that gives you extra damage if you don't have any companions, however, given people can unofficially be in a party it would mean an entire party could run the set as long they don't help each other.

Massive is trying to save the game, and I am not gonna lie, current releases have improved the game, but this is not an Early Access game, and there is a lot to do for the game, from graphics, optimization, to gameplay design.

This game could be neat if it adopted Dark Souls MP model, and instead of a designated PVP zone, the entire game should be PVP and PVE with only a few zones exclusive to PVE like Incursions. In fact, Massive should just rip off Dark souls model completely, starting with gear sets, and invasions. It fucking sucks to join a DZ where there is a group of 6 people murdering everyone and stealing your shit. Having random groups invade any time would be much better than this, it could actually make this game sorta like a tactical game.

Also I have the impression the concept of the game would make better for a Xcom clone than a multiplayer game, especially since The division, watch_dogs, and wildlands are about the same fucking game. All of them are cover based 3rd person games set in an open world setting.
>>
>>340598680
First paid dlc comes out this month I think.
>>
File: Hairby.jpg (19 KB, 360x200) Image search: [Google]
Hairby.jpg
19 KB, 360x200
>>340596510
I'm not playing Higby's new game
>>
Just get fucking murdered by Vivendi already fucking Ubisoft.
>>
>>340598594
Yeah, don't do what I did.
If you want to have fun, check the Dark Zone bracket.

Level to the limit of your bracket.
(E.g 11- 15, level to 15)
Then grind in the dark zone, you won't level up except for your DZ level, which gives oyu better gear an the upper hand against other players.

Ignore side missions, and try to unlock survivor link
>>
>>340596510
Nothing. The game is even more uninteresting than Destiny.
Ubisoft team games are completely boring bullshit that you get tired of after under 60 hours.
This fall that cocaine thing comes out and the cycle continues.
>>
>>340596510
>hackers banned

you fucking shill liar
>>
I didn't buy it. i'm just waiting for Wildlands at this point
>>
File: 1464647346913.jpg (68 KB, 839x627) Image search: [Google]
1464647346913.jpg
68 KB, 839x627
>>340599220
Ubisoft claims they're cracking down on them with a permaban for the first instance of getting caught. Doesn't mean they're going to be effective, just that they'll try.

Don't know if they're applying the same model to R6 Siege, but they should, it fucking needs it.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (1).png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (1).png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>340599056
I honestly think Tacticians is the best set right now. A skillpower tank build is just way too good in pvp.
My big problem with the pvp meta right now is fights arent forced to end. Like if one side gets low and think they will lose its way too easy for them to run across the map and escape.
>>
File: 1298430705020s.jpg (2 KB, 126x103) Image search: [Google]
1298430705020s.jpg
2 KB, 126x103
>>340597050
Yeah I used to frequent the general. The 1.2 update was the promised land that would fix the game. I waited for ages, disappointed there wasn't a general to chat to other players. 1.2 was released very late (because they wanted the released to be perfect and were testing it so things wouldn't break on launch). Things broke on launch and the general disbanded, I haven't played in ages. I hope it gets better.
>>
>referring to one board as 4chan

kill yourself dumb fucking redditor
>>
File: 1463856286901.jpg (20 KB, 332x377) Image search: [Google]
1463856286901.jpg
20 KB, 332x377
>>340599526
>steal shit from one group
>just sprint in the opposite direction while they chase me all over the map like a Benny Hill sketch
>>
>>340599278
>waiting for any ubi game

Wake up, man. They're all shit, and they're going to keep being shit until people tell them no with their wallets.

http://youtu.be/xNter0oEYxc

Every single game, they bullshot, and on release it's always a downgraded buggy mess.
>>
File: downgrade.png (731 KB, 1066x1021) Image search: [Google]
downgrade.png
731 KB, 1066x1021
>>340599828
>>
>>340599916
God, why is Ubisoft so retarded?
>>
>>340599828
Yeah Ubi is on my "do not buy unless they absolutely prove they game isn't shit" and even then i probably won't buy from them because of the division mess.
>>
>>340600074
Ubisoft aren't the only ones doing it. Consoles are literally holding us back.
>>
>>340596510
You need to make this game not Ubishit. I will never buy a game from them. And also EA.
>>
File: 1458777615269.jpg (174 KB, 630x930) Image search: [Google]
1458777615269.jpg
174 KB, 630x930
>>340599814
Its so bad now. Before you had to take special routes or try to hold out since npc's would stop your timer but now the entire group just pops overheal and runs through.
>>
>>340600273
Ubi's games are noticeably shittier than other AAA games even with large budgets.
>>
>>340599056
>instead of a designated PVP zone, the entire game should be PVP and PVE with only a few zones exclusive to PVE like Incursions.
I remember reading a while ago they were planning on doing something like this in one of the expansions, can't remember which, they said it in some video
>>
>>340600692
Yeah, not debating that point, just that the downgrading thing is prevalent.
>>
>>340601380
Ah, I wasn't meaning to accuse you, just wondering why everything they make is so shit. There's something fishy going on, money laundering or something.
>>
>>340598594
Stop playing and play a better game
>>
>>340596510
All that shit and you're still just shooting black hoodrats, pyro-hoodrats and PMC-hoodrats for the entire game
>>
>>340601895
>primal was shit
>division reeks of lazy development
>ranbow six already selling starter versions
>wildlands another hype game that will sell a billion copies since retards never learn their lesson
I fell for the division meme. never again.
>>
>>340596510
>All of this happening when a DLC drops.

Sure smells like EA around here now.
>>
>gun balance incoming

Is it going to stop them from firing rubber bullets?
>>
>>340599419
They announced the same thing for Siege a couple of days ago.
>>
>>340602404
the game requires you tweak your character. you can't just throw on anything and expect to rambo through missions.

the gun improvements should make weapons that are not SMG and Marksman Rifle more competitive.
>>
>>340596510
why do people act like 1 year of patching & dlc development warrant people giving it another chance?

Make sure your shit is balanced and running relatively smoothly day 1. If you can't do it, delay until you can.

It's that simple.

Fuck the shareholders, fuck the marketing team, fuck the CEO. If they release a broken piece of shit, can the marketing team. Fire the CEO. Impatient shareholders can go fuck emselves.

And to the privately held companies like valve, FUCK YOU GABE!!
>>
File: 1464876056194.png (286 KB, 388x347) Image search: [Google]
1464876056194.png
286 KB, 388x347
>>340596510
>what will make 4chan play again?
Give it to me free and I'll play.
>>
>>340596510
>downgrades: the game

The game was advertised as a large open world with player kills always an option.

This was then relegated to a tiny portion of the game with minuscule player limits.

PvP was then punished with hours if not days worth of progress being deleted.

Fuck Ubishit and their lies.
>>
>>340604431
rogues are no longer punished. in fact, it's better to pvp for gear, since you can steal from others and extract it.
>>
>>340596510
It's a shame all that world art and sound design got wasted on a chest high wall simulator where bullet sponges are the main gameplay mechanic.

Destiny is better in every single way.
>>
People don't like mmo
Division is a mmo grind feast.
People don't like division.
The game is fucked the moment Ubi decided to put rpg elements into the game.
>>
File: ancient meme.jpg (92 KB, 645x344) Image search: [Google]
ancient meme.jpg
92 KB, 645x344
>>340596510
>any FPS game post overmeme

OW kills Battleborn and even Mirror edge, what do this game has?
>>
>>340605952
It's not an fps for one.
>>
>>340605952
>the division
>fps
>post overwatch
You're either a retard or living under the rock
>>
>>340605261

>rogues are no longer punished.

How does it work now? I might just start playing again cause the crazy punishment was what made me stop.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.