[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are they still in business? Blockbuster and Hollywood video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: GameStop.jpg (342 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
GameStop.jpg
342 KB, 1200x900
How are they still in business? Blockbuster and Hollywood video all went out of business.
>>
I'm guessing because people keep buying their goods.
>>
File: 1464562327183.gif (1 MB, 320x181) Image search: [Google]
1464562327183.gif
1 MB, 320x181
>>340592918
because normies

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Went to Gates top today, got KH 2.5. Going beat it and get my money back abd keep doing that over and over
>>
>>340592918
Blockbuster and Hollywood Video were rental stores. Gamestop is a retail outlet and trading center for games, consoles, and accessories.
>>
Consoles are too gun-shy to pull the trigger on digital distribution.
>>
>>340592918
One word: People who own console keep them in business.

Also dunno about you, but they've been shutting several stores in my area.
>>
>>340593569
You can't return opened games.
>>
>>340592918
>how are they still in business?
>their two biggest competitors went out of business
well gee there's your answer
>>
>>340593642
When the servers go down you don't own the game anymore.
This isn't steam, it's a gaming console.

They literally cannot host games forever. When they're releasing Xbox 10 in 15 years, they won't be hosting game sfrom Xbox One digital downloads for you.

So fuck off with digital media, consoles aren't steam.
>>
People are defined by the things they own in this day and age. So naturally they want to own more things. Renting isn't enough.
>>
>>340593795
When they are used you can. They are just as good as the new ones.
>>
>>340593907
gee that's a shame
>>
Internet is still not at the point where people not in major cities or who can't afford premiums can download games in a reasonable time.
>>
>>340594859
>buy a triple A game
>can't play it without internet
>have to download 4gb updates
>have to register an account

sure, at this point gamestop are competing with G2A
>>
>>340595032
Where I live it would take multiple days to download an entire game, people turn on patches before they go to sleep and after they get back from school/work hope it all worked and the connection didn't drop.
>>
>>340595186
so whats the point of buying games if you can't play online
>>
>>340592918
Because digital games suck for anyone with poverty internet
>>
>>340595186
I'm sorry to hear that Pajeet. Maybe things will turn around for you one day.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.