[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Savage Resurrection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Savage.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Savage.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
So, this game is actually a thing, it is supposed to be a 1:1 copy of Savage 1 in a newer engine.

And once again S2 proved they cant market a game even if their lives depend on that.

So, anyway, anyone up for some Savage or S2 games discussion? I miss golden age HoN. How can someone have such gold mine in their hands then fuck it up so hard?
>>
Bumping this shit.
>>
Does ANYONE ever cared for Newerth lore, or only i was authistic enough to read It?
>>
I don't have much hope if they are eventually going to treat it like Savage 2 and HoN.
>>
>>340581000

Expect lack of marketing and Maliken forcing his personal tastes into the game (aka, buff his favorite class, nerf any class that kills him)
>>
>>340579116
I was surprised how much it's like Savage 1. It really just needs more polish at this point.
Also i wished it was possible to have more players, 24 players is too few. I always played with at least 32 in Savage 1.
>>
File: strife.png (40 KB, 714x131) Image search: [Google]
strife.png
40 KB, 714x131
>What to expect from current s2

It still have twice as many average players than Evolve, so it might be called a relative success?
>>
>Had icefrog hired.
>were beating league of legends on numbers
>announce w3-tier custom map editor
>big names from w3 were ready to jump into it and mod It all in a new engine
>Decide to fire icefrog and take full control over devlopment and balance
>decides that their current number (a little less than 100k paying players on peak) was enough and the highest they could get.
>buy 2 play system scare away the players.
>then they changed It to LOL system
>Then to dota 2 system
>Official championships delayed several months
>all the support they gave to the competitive scene was 30k grand prizes and in game currency for other players.
>The day lol announces their first 1mil competition and dota 2 the first international, the few "pro players" start talking the game is umbalanced and change games.

Has Any dev ever fucked up more than s2. No Seriously, has ANYONE ever fucked up that much?
>>
>>340584153
Oh, forgot to mention, custom maps were scraped.
>>
>>340584153

Now that I think about it. HoN could be one of the biggest fuck up that no one will ever know about. It wasn't perfect, but it was a 99% clone that people would gladly migrate to because of the QoL improvements the S2 engine had. I think that S2 never believed HoN would make it big and it was doomed to become niche before the beta even begin. It doesn't help that the direction they were taking with the balance was all over the place.
>>
>>340579116
i love savage, hate the dota games for causing the devs to abandon savage.

i love savage 2 as well and i wish the community wasnt so SAVAGE 1 WAS THE BEST so the good shit from 2 could actually make its way in.

as it is now the progression isnt as nice and as apparent or long lasting as savage 2. once you get the guns you're pretty much set. playing units feels a lot simpler than savage 2 because it lacks a lot of the combat options as well as the multiple research-reliant skills a unit could get. the skills really added a lot to savage 2 and savage ressurection could use some of that.

it could also use hellborne
im playing all game
i want to be a fucking demon
wheres the hellborne
>>
>>340582079
yea, the lower player cap really makes the game feel sparse.

theyre fucking delusional if they think 7v7 comp is going to be a thing
>>
>>340586118

It's cool to use Malphas but it gets boring when you realize the only point in summoning hellborne is to get a fatality finish.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.