[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo's results are seemingly getting worst each month
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: nintendologo.png (67 KB, 2268x1688) Image search: [Google]
nintendologo.png
67 KB, 2268x1688
Nintendo's results are seemingly getting worst each month and with little to no titles on the way; the rest of the year is not going to treat Nintendo well.

>Wii U
>Less than 28,000 units.
>Worst month ever.
>Second worst is July 2013 at 29,000

>Remaining Wii U Games for the Year
>06/17 - Mario Minecraft Mashup
>06/24 - Mario & Sonic Olympics
>06/24 - Tokyo Mirage Sessions
>TBD - Paper Mario Color Splash

The 3DS sold less than 72,000 which isn't horrible as the system is quite old and it competes with phones; however the sales are dropping as well. With games such as Pokemon coming out this year; it should continue selling at this rate if not higher in the fall season.

Needless to say; this is absolutely horrible for Nintendo and doesn't drive up consumer demand or instill confidence in their next system.
>>
nice copy pasta off neofag, faggot
>>
>Rumors abound that there's a new system
>It's not a system
>It's not a handheld
>Shocked that sales are down for both

People don't want to buy when the next step is around the corner.

I guess this is where we jump the train, rite guise??
>>
Nobody but dedicated fans even know the Wii U exists, so damage to their image is fairly minimal. Plus, as you pointed out their next generation of hardware is imminent.
>>
to be expected, all they do and show is amiibos and marketing deals.
>>
If i have learned something from Nintendo is not to buy their consoles at launch.

I know that the drones here will do it but i will wait at least 2.5-3 years when the NX is out.

I don't feel so much confidence for Nintendo right now.
>>
>>340578501
You honestly should never buy a console at launch. My rule of thumb is to wait until there's at least 5 games on a system that you feel are must-haves before you buy, anything else dangerously risks disappointment.
>>
>>340577362
Thanks
>>
How fucked will Nintendo be when they have to release a new handheld?
>>
>>340578637
This.

I bought my Wii U back in January for a bargain price and had access to the entire library to pick from at sale prices instead of waiting months for each individual game to be released at full RRP. I love my Wii U.

I have access to a PS4 but don't have one of my own and was going to get one as well but with the whole PS4.5 thing going on I am very glad I didn't as I would have been pissed.
>>
>>340578813
By the look of it there will be no new handheld as everything will be released on Android/iOS.
>>
>>340579358
Nice shitpost OP
And who the fuck is surprised that sales are down now that they are ending both console and handheld?
>>
>>340577963
That excuse is old. Everyone knows by now that Nintendo is a has been. If they don't know the Wii U is a console, that's just as bad because it makes it look like Nintendo dropped out.
>>
Wii U is dead and 3DS may as well be, things aren't going to be improving for either of them. Maybe a slight bump for Pokemon but that's it

Everything is hinging on the NX right now. They're still in the game if it's a success, but they're all but certainly out of the hardware business if it fails
>>
>>340576906
Cool Story Bro. You have convienced me to longer buy video games from this company
>>
>>340576906
Don't worry the
(N)intendo (X)Box will save them!
>>
Maybe next time they will release games for it yea?
>>
I think the problem is that they've fallen so far behind the times and tarnished their brand so much that they would have to completely reinvent themselves to succeed again - the problem with that for ANY company is that it is extremely risky and prone to rejection from consumers. Nintendo obviously can't live off teir dedicated fanbase seeing as how the Wii U flopped and the 3DS was on the verge until the dropped down on their knees with a massive price slash - and it only really recovered strongly in Japan. (When all is said and done the 3DS will probably end up selling 3/4 of what the PSP did) They are in a hard position, there are a ton of companies out there just failed to ADAPT despite having some cash and Nintendo is going down that path right now at 100KMpH with seemingly no brakes.
>>
>>340581642
>but they're all but certainly out of the hardware business if it fails
I can't wait to see the NX fail
>>
>>340576906
If this is news to anyone, raise your hand.
>>
Well if what Kimishima said is true, they're hoping to have a blowout of a launch with NX both for software and hardware sales.

Consider this as well.

The current expedited release is sometime in March 2017, which would be just abit away from the end of the fiscal year.

If Pokemon sales can carry them into early 2017 (because we know MonHun, DQ and Yokai Watch 2 likely won't) and they have a solid line-up at the ready for launch, they'll be able to please their investors.

Also, we shouldn't forget that the next 2 games in their mobile line up have risen from niche audiences to dedicated fans and more for both AC and FE.

They'll definitely have more staying power than Miitomo.
>>
>>340582121
Edgy
>>
>announce new system
>don't show SHIT for it
>it's coming out in less than a year

what the fuck playbook are they even reading from
>>
>>340579250
>Nintendo
>sale prices
>>
>>340583148
The one where everyone just shits on anything they will release for it.

I wonder what will happen when Nintendo do shutters its international interests and Americans realize that the console wars don't happen anymore? If NX fails, Nintendo do won't go out of business; they'll just be Japan only. SEGA died because they were in no more than 3rd place ever in Japan's console races and were only there thanks to foreigners liking them. Nintendo hasn't had a company destroying spat with its more successful American branch, so they can just pull out and still make bank back home.
>>
>>340583976
>they can just pull out
Not happening with all the Western partnership stuff they've been up to as of late

>partnered with Activision to make DK and Bowser Skylanders toys that function as amiibo as well
>partner with Universal Studios to create attractions in both Japan and Western theme parks
>likely partnering with Western film studios to work on film properties for one of their big name properties

The Western market is not something they can just pack up bags and say "we're out of this business."

Especially when they are continuing to expand their prospects with mobile, licensing characters and properties for other things like shoes, etc.
>>
>>340585202
They can merch all they want, but as far as console sales, they can leave whenever they want.
>>
>>340577963
>Nobody but dedicated fans even know the Wii U exists

It's pitiful you people are still using this excuse. Why not just admit it was rejected by the market?
>>
>>340583950
>what is Nintendo Selects
>>
>>340587434
I don't know if it's true in US/JP, but it's certainly the case in EU - almost no marketing at all is present here, and it shows as nobody I know except a few that I'd already describe as Nintendo fanboys even recognises the name, let alone that it's an entire console. I wouldn't know it existed were it not for /v/.
>>
>>340587434
That would require accepting that Wii U was a bad product with limited appeal. That makes Nintendo look bad. Easier to blame the consumer for being too stupid to know the product exists.
>>
File: 1434401523052.jpg (67 KB, 593x540) Image search: [Google]
1434401523052.jpg
67 KB, 593x540
>>340576906
>TBD
>To Be Delayed
>>
>>340588351
You are aware that the Wii U had one of the smallest marketing budgets of any Nintendo system, right?

Maybe they sensed it wouldn't take off ahead of time, who the fuck knows, but it's a key detail people conveniently ignore.
>>
>>340588248
Since we're giving anecdotes, I'll give one too.

I worked at Target a little over a year ago. The reaction to Wii U was largely disinterest. People knew existed, they just didn't want one for various reasons - mostly that it didn't have the games they care about, or their son wanting a PS4 or XBO because their friends have one.
>>
>>340589301
Ok
>>
>>340589159
>You are aware that the Wii U had one of the smallest marketing budgets of any Nintendo system, right?
Irrelevant. People have been adequately alerted of the system's existence from constant tv and site ads, in-store ads, word of mouth, ect. You act as if they just dropped the system on store shelves one did, and did almost nothing to market it. Still clinging to this narrative of an ignorant consumer base makes you look like a fanboy desperate to explain away our favorite company's blunder.
>>
>>340590010
What fucking ads? I live in EU and honestly have only ever seen one TV advertisement (advertising Splatoon's launch) foe a brief period amd literally nothing else. This us a huge contrast to the heavy marketing of the Wii which had constant advertising for every major release and lots of press coverage at the time.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.