[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Base game $60 >The Dark Below $20 >House of Wolves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (822 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
822 KB, 1920x1200
>Base game
$60
>The Dark Below
$20
>House of Wolves
$20
>The Taken King
$40
>Rise of Iron
$30

170 dollars. 100 and fucking 70 dollars for a game that was originally planned to have ALL this content on disc, along with a much more cohesive plot.

How the fuck is this acceptable?
>>
You expected better from activision?
>>
>>340547707
But Bungie said they would commit corporate suicide if Actvision attempted to alter the plans they had laid out before the deal...
>>
>>340547365
it's not
0 people on /v/ will legitimately defend destiny
>>
I defended it when it first came out. Had no idea it would be this bad.

Fuck Bungie. Should have expected this from the pioneers of 20$ map packs.
>>
>>340547365
Because people will still pay for all of that without second thought. Don't forget that the majority of humanity is unable to think logically and blindly follow the media and hype of things
>>
>>340547838

Big corporations aren't meant to be trusted. Which puts the average gamer in a tough spot because a lot of games come from big big corporations.

Only solution I've found is to have patience, and wait for the game to have a GotY type collection, because otherwise you're going to get fucked.
>>
>>340548083
/v/ says as they buy into the next "Kojima ruse cruise"...
>>
Nope, done with it. Felt like the only reason I turned my PS4 on but now my plus ran out I don't feel it's worth it.
>>
File: 1459565624348.jpg (47 KB, 621x502) Image search: [Google]
1459565624348.jpg
47 KB, 621x502
>>340547365
>tfw you bought launch Destiny

at least I didn't buy any of the DLC or fall for "TTK fixes everything!" meme I guess
>>
>>340547365
I forgot this game even existed desu
>>
It isn't. But anyone who still plays Destiny at this point in time is so cucked that Bungie could demand a weekly subscription and they would defend it.
>>
Isn't The Taken King lik $40 and containts all the expansions?
>>
Gunplay and movement are fucking amazing, why did they ruin it

It would sold better if they made it good, it would be the best fucking FPS of the century
>>
I found Destiny so bad I had to laugh when I bought the Legendary Edition. Like niggers you can't just combine average shooting mechanics and 30fps pvp with some beautiful skyboxes and call it a day baka.

What a retarded fucking game. Back to Battlefield 4
>>
>>340547365

Remember when the game was first revealed?

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtcO4ptp2j8

Never forget that they purposely gimped the fucking game in the name of profits. It could have been amazing. Fuck Activision.
>>
File: MR7.jpg (76 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
MR7.jpg
76 KB, 519x600
>>340548762
>Battlefield 4
>>
>>340548514
TTK by itself for people who already own Destiny is $40.

TTK Legendary Edition comes with the base game, Dark Below, House of Wolves and TTK for $60.

People who already own Destiny now, in any capacity will have to pay $30 for Rise of Iron, which requires TTK to play.
>>
Don't play it
>>
>>340547365
I bought it for PS3 and didn't buy into any of the DLC shit since the main game was kind of sparse. Then you had to move to the PS4 version if you wanted a lively online community. on top of that you also have to pay a subscription to PS+ just so you can play your online only game.
>>
>>340548514
Yes, but if you bought the game on launch and the DLC before you knew about TTK, you still have to pay 40 just for the expansion while new players could pay 40-60 and get everything
>>
>>340547365

Look at games like Borderlands 2, or Dungeon Defenders. If you bought the game when it came out, and bought all the DLC as it came out you would be paying upwards of 200$.

But nowadays, both have a nice tidy little GOTY collection with all the DLC that regularly goes on sale for less than 10$.

Big companies know that a lot of people are impatient and want instant gratification, and will pay big bucks for it. If you learn self restraint, it'll help you in tons of other facets of your life as well.
>>
>>340548514
No. You can buy Destiny in stores now and it contains the base game, HoW and TDB as well as TTk for 60 dollars. New players get a good deal, older players got fucked really ahrd over a year's run.
>>
>>340548858
>>340548905
What the fuck. How the fuck are they justyfying such high prices? 30-40 bucks for an expansion? Glad I didn't get it
>>
>>340548983
but, if you haven't been playing the game since launch, you're fucked in the loot grind.
>>
File: 1465365827074.jpg (139 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465365827074.jpg
139 KB, 1920x1080
>>340548373
>mfw got destiny and did everything in it and had the dlc
>ttk drops and actibungie charge players over half the base game even season pass buyers have to buy it

quit there and never looked back fuck bungie
>>
>>340547365
>How the fuck is this acceptable?
retards enjoying it?
>>
>>340548983

It's not like this is an unknown practice, anyone who bought the game and DLC's on launch knew full well that all big budget games get DLC, and will eventually get a collection with all the DLC included. If you did this, it's because you wanted to play it before it got cheaper, and there's nothing wrong with that, but you got what you paid for, the ability to play early. However, you only have yourself to blame if you're unhappy with others getting a better deal, it's plain as day to anyone who has paid any attention to the video gaming industry in the past 5+ years.
>>
>>340548164
Agreed but for these MMO-lite games is impossible since old content becomes obsolete or run by "speed-runners" making low level content inacessible and empty for newcomers.
>>
>>340548797
>Actual campaign
>Offline mode for said campaign
>Local co-op
>Splitscreen for MP
>Custom games/maps

All they had to do was take Halo's feature list and slap Destiny on top.

I still don't understand why they made a game entirely based on co-op without local co-op.
>>
I dunno, I liked all of the Destiny content so far.

Is Rise of Iron just DLC, or is it a physical thing like The Taken King?
>>
>>340549261

That's a separate problem of the game not having content outside of the online co-op model that the game adopted, as >>340549267 said.

If there was a fulfilling and rewarding game outside of the MMO-lite mode they ended up going with then you'd have a longer lasting game, not only for people picking it up late but long time players as well.
>>
File: 1440234816423.png (201 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
1440234816423.png
201 KB, 560x500
>>340549007
>How are they justifying high prices for the expansions
Activision.

Dark Below and House of Wolves were supposed to be included in the base game and were cut out to be sold as $20 "expansions" with a $35 pass that would have saved you five bucks.

Taken King PROBABLY should have been a part of the base game, but can justify itself as an expansion worth $30 at most.

Rise of Iron is probably only $30 because it's the last paid expansion for Destiny 1 and because they introduced a microtransaction system for cosmetic shit that's probably doing well enough for them to not charge people another ten bucks.

>>340549303
Likely both, like Taken King. They discontinued PS3/360 support with it so a nice $60 bundle that includes all the expansions would be enticing to people waiting to upgrade.
>>
>Taken King Legendary Edition often on sale for $30 on Amazon
>contains all DLC except Rise of Iron
>$30 for RoI
>$60 for full game

BUNGIE ARE A BUNCH OF JOOES
>>
>>340548214
well a lot of mouth breathing buy fags go on /v/ too...
>>
>>340549694
Taken King disc includes all DLC and the base game.
>>
File: 1453524773735.jpg (248 KB, 921x500) Image search: [Google]
1453524773735.jpg
248 KB, 921x500
>In Halo 2, there were 3 map packs. The first was $11, and contained 5 maps, which were made free a month later. The second had 2 maps for $5 and was made free a month later. The third was entirely free (thanks Mountain Dew) and had 2 maps
Bungie used to cool at least.
>>
ubisoft did the same with the division and now retards on /v/ are alreqdy hyping their nrxt half assed abortion and shilling hard for watchdogs 2. most gamers are just dumb as shit and that includes a majority of /v/
>>
>>340549225
Except if you didn't buy the DLC, you got locked out of most content the game had to offer. When I bought the game, I had the option of getting the season pass. In actuality, you basically have to unless you want get locked out of the game.
>B-but it's an MMO! That's how these games work!
If you think Destiny is an MMO you have not played an actual MMO and you don't know how they work.
>>
>>340549540
This, I might have actually played it after the "beta" if it had features like co-op and an offline mode. It could have been the next Halo, custom games/maps and local play would keep the game alive for years.

The always-online persistent world they hyped up adds fucking nothing meaningful to the game and was the reason the game was so devoid of content and features. I was reminded a lot of PSO's hub but even that had more to do 18 years ago.
>>
>>340549694
Unless you're a day one player, then you got fucked real hard. There's basically no way to Justify any of the DLC price points, they're all massively overpriced with The Dark Below and House of Wolves literally being on the disc as well. Also don't forget to buy your 5 dollar dance! Don't you want to become legend!?
>>
>bungie fucks their old players in the ass in favor of new players

it makes sense why the season pass didnt cover the other dlcs because activision want to milk this shit game and all the retards who are hooked into it
>>
>>340549682
>They discontinued PS3/360 support
So the game isn't even two years old and support for the old consoles is already gone? Wow, what a huge "FUCK YOU" to anyone who bought it.
>>
>>340547838
Like having the writer and most of the senior staff quit before the game is released and firing one of the best musicians in the industry for no reason?

I'm having fun with what we got but it could have been so much more if Activision didn't get involved and it wasn't released on last gen
>>
>>340550097
Care to explain? Pretty sure most games are F2P until a certain level (like, 20) and for the remaning 66-80% of levels and content you have to pay a subscription (usually to the tune of 15 bucks a month, and thus 180 dollars a year). Sound exactly like Destiny's model only more expensive to me.
>>
>>340550476
I think that support will be officially dropped when Rise of Iron releases. But they've had to cut corners with updates to those versions of the game because of hardware limitations. Another expansion seemes to be the nail in the coffin for last gen.
>>
>>340550828
An MMO with less than fucking 15 people per instance is not an MMO.
>>
>>340550476
>Wow, what a huge "FUCK YOU" to anyone who bought it

If they had bought it for the ps3/360 they deserve to get fucked.
>>
>>340551184
Okay, you're right there. I only ever play with a few close friends so I guess I never noticed.
>>
It's a fucking shame that they ruined TTK with that high level raid bullshit. The armor that would drop in the normal mode one was so heavily RNG-based it could take a month before you'd actually be able to do it.
>>
>>340547838
Contrary to what the halo 3 baby's and bungie fags would have you believe . This is bungie without m s's leash on them.
>>
That new trailer was such a snoozefest. The dialogue was nothing but cliches and the gameplay was just standing and shooting. Am I missing something?
>>
>>340551328
>if you bought destiny you deserve to get fucked

fix'd
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.