[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /v/ think of Final Fantasy XIII ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: Final_Fantasy_XIII_Logo.jpg (120 KB, 1107x746) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XIII_Logo.jpg
120 KB, 1107x746
what does /v/ think of Final Fantasy XIII ?
>>
>>340546283
It's okay
>>
Boring to play, but I like to watch it in movie form on Youtube every now and then.
Same with the other two games.
>>
>>340546283
It gets better after 30 hours. But you have to force yourself through these first 30 hours. That's also when the combat system becomes interesting.
Also I actually liked the cast, except for Hope and Snow.
>>
The 30 hours of tutorials are the worst part of the game. Everything else is at least salvageable, but the game isn't complex enough to warrant that.
>>
>>340546283
it's awesome!
>>
>>340546490
You know I'm going to give that a try tonight.
>>
>>340546283
corridor simulator
>>
Think it had some interesting world that could be explored more, but instead we got time travel Lightning Jesus nonsense.
>>
>>340546521
>>340546639
woah shit i'm actually thinking of buying it, what does it mean by 30 hours tutorial?
>>
It's alright, but takes too long to give the player access to the full battle system.
>>
File: 1384129748760.jpg (43 KB, 494x720) Image search: [Google]
1384129748760.jpg
43 KB, 494x720
>>340546521
>It gets better after 30 hours.
Don't believe this shit. The only reason it "gets better" is when the game stops railroading you though it's story until you get to Gran Pulse, but not long after you'll star to realize there's not much to do other than grind and then you head back on the rails again.
>>
The music is phenomenal.
>>
absolute garbage
>>
File: ff13 PC 1080p combat.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ff13 PC 1080p combat.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>340546283
It really isn't as bad as people say.
I personally picked it up for dirt cheap couple years ago, despite having heard all sorts of shit about it.

The BEGINNING really didn't even try to prove all the bad claims about it wrong, but luckily, to my own surprise as well, the more I played, the more entertaining and hooking it became. It's not GOTYAY or best JRPG ever in any sense, but it's FAR from the "worst crap ever" -category. A solid 7/10 experience IMO.

The sequels fixed, expanded and improved many things, especially pacing and gameplay. Up to you whether you like the direction they went with the plot and cast, but they're not hideous either. I found especially LR to be total blast, easily my 2014's GOTY. The 13-2 was simply fun, easily 8/10 at least.

>>340547124
The game takes its sweet time introducing you to the mechanics, with most of the features (classes, party selection...) being technically locked away from you, with bits of them being opened as you move forward.

During the first hour or so, you don't have much to do than press X. It gets notably better when Paradigms are introduced, when your party consists more than 2 people, and when you level up enough to get some sweet moves.
>>
File: gotcha bitch.gif (3 MB, 2997x2000) Image search: [Google]
gotcha bitch.gif
3 MB, 2997x2000
Eh, it was okay.
>>
>>340546283
nu-male bait
>>
>>340547124

You're being carried through a big chunk of the game with the game making your own parties for you. Features are given to you one at a time at a very slow pace. You also have level caps until the end, but this isn't necessarily a bad thing since the EXP needed rises exponentially.
>>
+ Superb world, character and audio design.
+ An interesting story premise
・ A battle system that didn't live up to its potential but ultimately isn't as shitty as /v/ makes out
- It's linear, which worked for X because they could use the time to explain the world to Tidus and do some good world building. XIII lacks a Tidus character.
- No stat customization, but it wants to pretend you can.

An anon posted an article a while back which talks about how all the teams working on the game barely had any communication with each other and it shows.
I believe this would have just been "another wonky FF" that people don't really care about if they hadn't made the decision to turn it into a trilogy for no reason.
>>
>>340546283
Irredeemable shit.

FFX is no better
>>
>>340546521
>>340546639
>>340547124
to be fair, its more like 20 hours

also>>340547256
Gran Pulse might as well be on rails since all the Cie'th Stone missions are numbered
>>
>>340546490
Best way to enjoy most FF games, famalam
>>
>>340546283
Did they ever patch the Japanese easy mode into the US 360 version?
>>
>>340546283
It's a shitty empty shell of a game that looks fancy and has a shitty story.

If you take away its graphics and its music it literally has nothing going for it.
>>
>>340547256
It might be from being completely burned out by the 30 hours of corridors but I actually enjoyed gran pulse when I went there. Sure, it's thinly disguised grinding with "go kill X" missions but I actually had fun there.
I never went back to do the super bosses after finishing the game though.
>>
>>340546283
It's an okay game.
It's not as bad as people want you to think but it's also far from a good game.
The game only gives you access to your whole party and some battle options after 20 or so hours.
The world and characters are okay at the beginning but go nowhere, the pacing of both the main plot and the character subplots is incredibly shit.
I also don't understand why people like Gran Pulse because it is just a big fucking empty plain which takes way too long to traverse and has shitty sidequests.
>>
How do I deal with the wolf fucks with Sazh and Vanille?
>>
average game with an outstanding soundtrack.
>>
>>340547406
this image looks like a ffxiii 2d fighter
>>
i like how the combat consisted of mashing autoattack. or occasionally switching paradigms and mashing autoattack
>>
>>340546283
Linear, decent graphics, story was a bit stupid in most cases but still enjoyable, Sazh was a good character despite being the only black character in a FF game since FF7.

>FFXIII
>FFXIII-2
>FFXIII: LR
It was too much. Reusing assets was never what FF was about. They are cash grabbing.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.