[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This shitter magnet is finally getting nerfed For the autists
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: 305px-Widowmaker-portrait[1].png (110 KB, 305x350) Image search: [Google]
305px-Widowmaker-portrait[1].png
110 KB, 305x350
>This shitter magnet is finally getting nerfed
For the autists crying about OW threads, have another on the house
>>
>>340545441
Huh? What, why?

I guess her ultimate and hitboxes need adjustments, but nerfs..?
>>
>>340545539
To be fair her ability to spam bodyshots is fucking absurd, especially when one kills half the heroes in the game. That said, they're looking into toning down her wallhax rather than her actual weapons.
>>
at least use a defining term in your OP, nigger
>>
proof?
>>
>>340545539
>why is the absolute most powerful character in the game getting nerfed?
kek
>>
>>340545809
>Widowmaker is on our radar. We are discussing her. We have some internal experiments going to see if we can keep her viable while lowering the frustration threshold a little bit. Right now, this is just exploration. If something more comes of it, we'll let you know.
http://www.overpwn.com/news/185-dev-interview-competitive-mccree-nerf-d-va-buffs
>>
>>340545972
Wait, here's what I was looking for
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/09/overwatch-blizzard-looking-to-lower-widowmakers-frustration-threshold
>>
>>340545963
McCree is getting nerfed, yes.
>>
>>340546232
Even McCree can't just one tap people across the map the instant they appear.
>>
>>340546232
but mcree isnt even on the same spectrum as widowmaker
you dont need a mcree to counter a mcree
a korean fucking widowmaker can only be killed by another widow cause her absurdly high damage
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
>>340546469
>>340546580
>snipers are a problem
Is this 2000?
>>
>>340547169
You don't spawn with a free AWP every time you die.
>>
>>340547370
What is any modern shooter?
>>
>>340547721
Did you forget what the thread was about
>>
I don't understand why people just don't switch to Winston. Widow hates the monkey D.
>>
>>340548442
cause a half decent widow sees the monkey business coming and headshots him while hes jumping
>>
>>340545539
Ridiculously forgiving.

Fast charge rate and miniscule delay means you can just ring off shots and quickly have follow ups when you don't do quite enough damage. TF2's Sniper but a million times easier.
>>
>>340548442
People not understanding that the game is about counterpicking will ruin the game. I've played MOBAs where the devs listened to this kind of whining and eventually just made all the classes indistinguishable copies of each other.
>>
>>340545441
>nerfing something because shitters whine about it enough
>nerfing one of the only characters in the game that takes some skill to play

Oh Blizzard, you never cease to amaze me.
>>
Hopefully she doesn't kill Zenyatta in ine shot anymore
>>
>>340548751
>wall hacks are skill

ok buddy
>>
>>340546580
>you dont need a mcree to counter a mcree
EL OH EL
>>
>>340548751
t. shitter who can't play anybody but his waifu
>>
>>340548751

>Sniping
>Skill

It's literally the same shit as everyone else minus most of the dodging and shooting simultaneously.
>>
>>340548442
Winston can dislodge a widow but can't really kill one. A good widow will be in a position that you have to use your jump to reach and will just hook away when you reach her, then proceed to snipe you from her new position.

You shouldn't have to give up a team member for a few seconds of respite from her.

Honestly if they lowered her HP to 150 and change her ult a bit she will be less fucking annoying.
>>
>>340545441
Source?

The only buff/nerf they've confirmed they're working on are Mcree and D.Va.

So, fuck off and go cry on reddit about her if you don't have a source, shitter
>>
>>340548751
>nerfing one of the only characters in the game that takes some skill to play
Oh ffs, even a person with Cerebral Palsy can snipe with that easy mode bitch.
>https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4kwjfe/thank_you_blizzard_for_allowing_me_to_snipe_for/
>>
>>340545441
Where does it say she's getting nerfed? I see a lot of sites talking about it but I can't seem to find the actual statement
>>
>>340549054
>lowered her HP to 150
Holt shit this.
Why does this stupid cunt have the same amount of HP has pharah?
>>
>>340548840
>press button kill character Qs is skill

Okay buddy.

>>340548856
I play a lot of characters. Widowmaker I'd say is easily one of the hardest, if not the hardest character to play in the game.

>>340549030
You really need to be able to aim and have good awareness though. This game is faster paced than most modern shooters and if you're not paying attention to your surroundings people will flank you or come up from behind, but you also still need to pay attention to what's going on in front of you to make shots.

>>340549071
He's talking about adjusting the aiming in the options guy.

Why are Blizzard game fans such shitter crybabies?
>>
>>340547370
It's not fair to compare widow's gun to the AWP. The AWP is very powerful but is balanced by punishing your harshly for missing shots. Widow's gun has the power of the AWP, combined with the forgiving nature of the autosniper, and can transform into an M4 at a moment's notice for close range engagements
>>
Who cares?
Overwatch is boring and I won't be playing it again.
>>
>>340545441
>every one of her shots is a big arrow pointing to exactly where she is
>OMG NURF
Holy shit people.
>>
>>340549589
These are Blizzard game fans you're dealing with here. They aren't capable of thinking.
>>
>>340549054
From my experience, if no one is protecting widow I will kill her as winston 9 out of 10 times. Even if she does grapple away you can pop your shield so she doesn't snipe you immediately and your leap is on a far shorter cooldown than her grapple.
Still, the enemy team usually attacks a winston that just jumps into/past them and some widows grapple to their allies to help kill winston or heal up.
Then you have those widows that just headshot you mid-leap. Oh well
>>
>>340545441
I just use the characters i like, stop crying like a tryhard
>>
>>340549589
>>340549715
You should wait a little longer than as soon as the post timer is up to samefag you know.
>>
>>340549265

Pharah should have 250HP frankly. She's supposed to be in the air half of the time.
>>
File: 1465045910357.gif (2 MB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1465045910357.gif
2 MB, 430x430
>>340549412
To be fair, using her sniper at close range isn´t very powerful. It´s still a lot easier to hit shots with it than with e.g. Hanzo in close quarters though.
>>
File: samefag he cries.jpg (609 KB, 1920x944) Image search: [Google]
samefag he cries.jpg
609 KB, 1920x944
>>340549815
Are you retarded dude?

Actually, don't answer that. You're crying about Widowmaker.
>>
>>340545539
nigga they got 2 winstons because they don't want to have to deal with her shit most of the time. 150 bodyshot damage is absurd when it takes only 1 second to fully charge. 150 dmg is at least 50-75% health on like 70% of the cast and 2 get one shot (arguably ok on tracer). However the fun doesn't end there, because hitting the ones in 150-300 hp range means you just have to hit them again after 0.25-1 sec at worst which is completely fucking retarded.

Imagine someone in CS:GO had a free auto sniper every round. Now at least in that game you can contest on long distance with a smaller rifle since you'll actually 1 or 2 shot in the head (with ak/m4). In Overwatch you can only contest a good widowmaker with another good widowmaker.

>but muh tracer, genji, winston

She has her "counters" but she has all the fucking tools available to deal with them herself. Tracer is a bodyshot and can't get to high elevations which is where every widow is, cybork ninja has literally one chance with his reflect and harambe is already missing half his health before reaching the fucking thing just because of the sniper damage alone.

This bitch ass have 200 health (a sniper not the lowest amount of hp wtf?), her poison is a free flank detection tool, and her hook which is every snipers wet dream made real. 10 shots with a 1 sec reload time and 30 hits in assault mode which actually deals more damage than autoaim76 (dogshit recoil tho).

The only difference between windowlicker and OutplayMcGee is that you need a bit more than just basic motor functions to do well, and if you're extremely good then the character balls out of control to the point where you need several people just to be able to take 1 down.
>>
>>340550134
>babby's first inspect element edit
Actually if you really think Widow is OP you're probably not intelligent enough for that.
>babby's first MS paint crop
>>
>>340549929
>To be fair, using her sniper at close range isn´t very powerful.

Maybe if your aim is shit.
>>
>>340550263
Wow you are pathetic man.

>IF THEY DON'T AGREE WITH ME IT MUST BE SAMEFAGGING

Neck yourself, you crybaby retard.
>>
>>340545441
>>>/vg/144992431
>>
>>340545441

>Watch a kill cam of Widowmaker
>She's just spraying shots hoping they hit something
>Doesn't charge, doesn't really aim, just rapid fires
>She ends up getting kills like this
>This is literally every Widowmaker kill cam

Remember when snipers were all about 1 shot 1 kill? Widowmaker is like 32 shots 1 kill.
>>
>can hit headshots perfectly in tf2
>for some reason can't get headshots in overwatch even when it looks like I shot their exact head
>kill cams on other widows gettings headshots on me and not even shooting my head
>>
>>340550820
20cuckrate
>>
File: 1256953685936.jpg (31 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1256953685936.jpg
31 KB, 576x432
>>340545441
>be OP
>see that there are 10 other OW threads up
>LOL GONNA MAKE ANOTHER ONE OUT OF SPITE!!11^^XD

Really mature. And then this autist calls others autistic. Oh, the ironing.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.