[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QUICK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16
File: Picture-182[1].png (314 KB, 548x466) Image search: [Google]
Picture-182[1].png
314 KB, 548x466
Review the last game youve played in 2 or 3 sentences and give it a score

Go!
>>
FF8 is a game with a weird as fuck battle system, and annoying characters. Despite that I still find the game charming. 8/10 It's okay.
>>
what a slut
>>
File: mirror__s_edge_by_lilith187.png (1 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
mirror__s_edge_by_lilith187.png
1 MB, 1280x1024
>>340542102
Here's mine btw:

Mirrors Edge 2

>Keeps up the spirit of the first one, small enhencements, graphics are not astonishing but pleasant to look at

>New runners vision is brain dead mode, so turn on classic vision if you want atleast some freeroaming fun

>And how is it possible for studio of EA, a concern that tries to be at the pulse of time, to have such a boring story and retarded chracter design choices

Otherwise, the gameplay is still entertaining and carries over some time: 8,0/10
>>
>>340542102
Ace combat Infinity has a lot of planes that can be customized to fit your playstyle.
Lotta gooks and BR though.
Soundtracks pretty fucking great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO34JbSB1gs
>>
>Super Mario Galaxy

Typical fun 3d Mario gameplay, though structurally more similar to games like SMW and SMB3 than it is to SM64
Each star within a level is like it's own course, and there is almost no deviation or exploration to be done within the level, just a set path to follow until you reach the star
Not terrible really, but I prefer the more open nature of SM64 levels where you had to get a sense of the whole level, learns its tricks and how to get around it, and could stars in almost any order you wanted

Also I wish I could play this with a gamecube controller, although I don't know how that'd work with all the star bit collection, and admittedly a few of the motion control gimmicks are actually kinda interesting

8/10
>>
Xenoblade Chornicles X

Weird ass autism simulator with an amazing world, good combat outside of the skells and a shit ton to do and explore.

Has far too much menu clutter and some weird design choices thrown in as well. Skell fuel for example is completely irrelevant because you can literally shit Miranium. All it does is it forces you to teleport around to refuel and then continue, weird as shit.

7.5/10, would recommend, but Xenoblade Chronicles was better
>>
>>340542102
>Fallout 4

Full on CPG, its RPG roots are almost entirely removed, with two voiced, pre-selected characters to choose from and no traits or skills. Dialog system shits on every previous game by trying to be Bioware-esque, making roleplay damn near impossible and making every situation and quest play out the same. Factions are stupid, combat is sort of a step up, but the weapon/armor modding along with crafting just fucks the game over horribly and makes it a chore to play.

7/10 as a game.

0/10 as a mainline Fallout entry.
>>
Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (PC)

cool tits and shit, fighting is fun, powerups are great

you could enjoy it just for the tits
you could enjoy it just for the fighting

or you could enjoy both

7/10
>>
>Dark souls 3

A game that is nothing but shitty rehashes and fan service. The game has little to no replay ability, and has the worst pvp in the series. Also, the way poise is being handled is rage inducing.

avoid this game/10 unless you have played all of the other soulsborne games and are dying to play something else.
>>
Ys: Oath in Felghana

Fast paced action game with fun combat, awesome bosses and a kick ass soundtrack

10/10
>>
Strangers of Sword City was fun. A little lacking in animations, but fun.

7/10
>>
Dark Souls
Game loses it's charm half way through.
>5/10
>>
>>340542102
Dragon's Dogma.

Engrossing gameplay and sprawling environments make up for poor pacing and shallow world-building. A game that is far greater than the sum of its parts.

8/10.
>>
Counter Strike: Global Offensive.

Why do I bother playing this when all my teammates are fucking 12 year olds. 0/10.
>>
>Genei Ibunroku FE

i cant read the shit so i cant say much about plot.
Plays like a Persona game but with cooler Fire Emblem weapons.
Unlike both Fire Emblem and Persona, character interactions aren't a big deal.
8/10
>>
>>340542102
The Legend of Dragoon:

Cool JRPG with a different battle system even if character design and plot is JRPG 101. For best results, play on an emulator or a PS2 with settings set to "Smooth".

Score: 9/10 it's okay.
>>
>>340543645
>Plays like a Persona game

Dropped.
>>
Void and Meddler

I got it for two dollars and I still feel like I made a mistake sometimes. The visual and sound direction is great, but everything else is a mess. The writing is especially bad, it's incredibly dated and feels like it comes from the '00s industrial music scene.
>>
Every one who plays Overwatch is retarded. Everyone but me.
>>
>>340542102

>controller
>only thumbsticks

why are women so stupid?
>>
it was game but i
>>
>>340542558
Is it only on origin? Does origin have sales like steam?
>>
>Duke Nukem 3D

Lots of fun, the build engine is great and it's weirdly immersive despite it's cartoonish nature, thanks to numerous nonsense interactions Duke can do (peeing, looking in the mirror, playing pool, breaking bottles, extra hand animations, voice acting, etc). Still, it feels a lot less smooth than Doom, and the level design tends to be a tad more straightforward, and enemy variety is lackluster.

Overall 8/10, great game, but not quite on par with the legendary nature of doom.
>>
>Rollercoaster Tycoon 2

Improves on just about everything from the first one, and is still enjoyable despite being older than most people on this board.

Its also very satisfying to see that a custom roller coaster is a popular attraction or looking at the packed amusement park that was once an open field.

The graphics can make the building/placement of stalls and rides a bit tricky when messing with different heights.

8/10
>>
>>340543418
After Anor Londo?
>>
>>340544018
spotted the homo
>>
Dragon Quest (SFC Remake)

It's about 10x better than the original and its pretty fun. It can be a bit rough and dull sometimes but it's a classic.
I dunno 7/10 or some shit
>>
>>340544018
It'd make a fine cheap Virtual-On controller.
>>
>>340542102
>Stellaris

Amazing beginning, gets boring by the time you meet your third or fourth civilization. Game becomes a chore, and the AI is trash. Also, humans are all spics and niggers
>>
Guild wars 2.

Only MMO ever where I can shoot my pistol nonstop.
Great Hunt.
Not sure how to approach end game.

7/10
>>
>RPG maker VXAce
its pretty fun and rewarding if you put in a decent amount of time and effort into your game, otherwise its pretty shit
don't think i can really give it a proper rating
>>
>Dragon Quest Builders

You get to explore and build shit like in Minecraft but it's also got a competent RPG quest line like a dragon quest game, what's not to love!? Oh, actually it's got none of that and is kind of no fun at all. Okay.

5/10 because the slimes are cute ad I like the arrangements of classic DQ music
>>
>Atlas Reactor
Trion's newest title is a one-of-a-kind strategy game: a hero-based simultaneous-turn-based-strategy PvP game. The 4v4 game mechanics combined with the presentation and characters make for a memorable experience and a very fun and surprisingly approachable game. More improvements are regularly provided, meaning the game is only getting better.

4/5
>>
File: 1426533702821.png (587 KB, 625x918) Image search: [Google]
1426533702821.png
587 KB, 625x918
>>340542102
Pass the controller bro
>>
Banner Saga
pretty straightforward turn-based game with extra strategic elements that you are punished dearly for ever implementing.
Oh, you didn't want to fight to conserve your strength? Well, you somehow lost half your men to an ambush.
Oh, you thought it would be a good idea to regroup and re-evaluate your options? Well that's nice, now fight or run away - of which either option will have the exact same consequences, low morale and you lost half your men.

4/10 - giving the player 4 choices, limiting them to 2 outcomes, then punishing them no matter what gets old fast.
>>
Undertale:

>decent story, jokes are funny half the time, not as feelsy as I expected
>Interesting combat, but I'm bad at bullet hells so I had a lot of trouble later in the game
>>
>>340542558
Is my gtx 960 too outdated or the game looks like shit ?
>>
Overwatch is a fun team shooter where you get to ITS HIGH NOON. HIGH NOON/HIGH NOON.
>>
The Culling
>Some neat ideas, has a good feel while playing it
>Annoying tryhard fags and twitch players galore, but satisfying when you kill them
>Extremely addictive, dying just makes me mad and want to play again to give it another try
7-8/10
>>
File: The ol' one two Waddle Doo.webm (3 MB, 405x720) Image search: [Google]
The ol' one two Waddle Doo.webm
3 MB, 405x720
Kirby Super Star Ultra is a lot better than the original. The only thing that is missing is glitch related.

9.5/10
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 317x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 317x450
Gran turismo 4

>The grapics look good for me
>Music is also very good(the introduction music preferably)
>cutomisation and second hand cars and maniability with the ps2 controller are a nightmare

6.5/10
>>
File: fbook.jpg (411 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
fbook.jpg
411 KB, 1200x627
Mario Kart 8
Surprised at the amount of content, I'd say it's more than the last two games put together, with tons of characters and kool kart kustomization that allow for several different playstyles. 200CC was a nice addition, and even though the maps clearly aren't designed for the increased speed, it's still fun and I like the heightened skill barrier.
Overall I'd give it 8/10 :^)
>>
>>340542102
Gemcraft 2
It's a good number raising game
>>
>>340542956
X was better than Chronicles. I played both
>>
>>340544941
8/10*
>>
>>340544795
>No mention of the poor optimization.
That's the only real problem with it. My computer is top of the line for 2013 standards, and it has problems running The Culling on Medium settings, yet I can run Crysis and Subnautica perfectly.

The Culling is fun as shit, though.
>>
>>340542956
>menu clutter
Not really. I'd say the menus don't show enough. I didn't figure out the elements until 40 hours in. Granted, that's only 1/5th of the way through the game, but still.
>skell fuel
What? Skell fuel makes sense. It's designed so that you don't just spam super high powered moves and that you remember to hold enemies. Don't be a retard. You can actually gain fuel just by knocking enemies down and holding them.

>Using up Miranium on skell fuel
How to tell someone still hasn't beaten the game.
>>
>>340542102
I like boobies
>>
>>340542102
>Shovel Knight

The most fun I've had with an indie game since Cave Story.
9/10
>>
>>340545653
Those are some pretty average tits there. Nothing really special about them.
>>
File: Divinity_Original_Sin_cover.png (210 KB, 280x375) Image search: [Google]
Divinity_Original_Sin_cover.png
210 KB, 280x375
Pretty in-depth for an isometric RPG. Feels like DnD on the PlayStation with a controller. A BLAST on couch-coop with a buddy, especially in a time where couch-coop games are basically non-existent.

8.5/10
>>
>>340545719
I know, I didn't say that I necessarily enjoyed the sight of those particular mammaries. I just like boobies in general.
>>
Odins sphere remake

Really fun so far, 60$ is steep. I got collectors edition. Highly recommended but if ur not in a hurry wait till its like 40$
9/10
>>
File: Demons_Crest_SNES_ScreenShot3.gif (26 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
Demons_Crest_SNES_ScreenShot3.gif
26 KB, 256x224
>>340542102
Demon's Crest.

>mix of classicvania and metroidvania, very challenging at times
>lots of different paths and bosses that give you different forms and abilities
>you can beat the final boss very early but depending on how much of the game you complete he'll have more phases and you'll get different endings

9/10
>>
File: 1460013410812.jpg (92 KB, 650x644) Image search: [Google]
1460013410812.jpg
92 KB, 650x644
>>340542102
>Darkest Dungeon

It is like Lovecraft came back from the grave and fucked you in the ass with a tentacle shaped dildo while he whispers some eldritch nasty words in your ear.

9/10 would be assaulted again
>>
>>340546102
This game is fucking fantastic
>>
>>340546102
My absolute nigger.
Best SNES title, I've beaten it like 3 times.
>>
Medieval 2: Total War (vanilla)

Great game, great time sink, fun to role play, some annoying campaign gameplay which all but forces you to cheat (low authority king causing mass rebellions, for example). There are some genuinely epic real time battles and immersive campaign skirmishes, especially early game when one lost battle could cause an existential threat. 8/10
>>
>>340546102

The true/secret last boss is such cool fight. That license being lost to time is pure shame.
>>
File: 1228173219846.jpg (252 KB, 640x334) Image search: [Google]
1228173219846.jpg
252 KB, 640x334
Sorry for the late answers, Ive been away for lunch
>>340544071
Yes and yes I believe so
>>340544615
Its a very simplistic style game and I believe it should run with your card atleast on console graphics standards so its definitely worth it
>>
Overwatch.

Fun with friends.
Never worth 60 bucks.
>>
>>340542102
Final Fantasy Tactics is the only good Final Fantasy game. It has a coherent story, with characters that actually seem to impact the world they inhabit. The combat is far more involved than the typical enemy turn - player turn cycle of most JRPGs, with each battle consisting of varied 3D grids the characters must navigate in order to attack. As a result of being good, coherent, and fun, it was never given a proper sequel.

11/10 will see Delita get his comeuppance again.
>>
Postal 2 is old as fuck and has shit weapon animations and sounds but goddamn is it fun. Story is just The Dude trying to live out his average week and it has a soft spot in my heart because it takes place in Arizona.

Overall it's a fun game, sometimes challenging but I'd recommend it to everyone.

8/10
>>
Bravely Default

Bravely Default is classic Final Fantasy in every sense of the word.
The job system is great, all of the classes from FF5 return, with some new ones added in.

The story and characters are endearing, only flaw is that the second half of the game is somewhat of a repeat of the first 4 chapters.

7/10
>>
oldschool runescape
a pointless and tedious grind
buying a girlfriend
>>
Arkham City.

Plot is shit and contrived to make game longer than it really ought to be, and to fit in as many Batman villains as possible. The end result is that few of the characters pose any actual threat. Kevin Conroy phones his performances in – he's been terrible in everything post-TAS. Hamill is still GOAT.

Gameplay is still pretty good. Although it takes a while to fully remember the absurd amount of moves you can perform during combat, you start to appreciate the variety as you get used to it. Predator mode is a lot better as a result of all the added takedowns, as well. You feel more like Batman when you can do more than just silent takedowns over and over. The side missions are fun, and it's good visually. No replay value, though.

Not sure about points.
>>
File: Makoto Sako.png (676 KB, 1144x1800) Image search: [Google]
Makoto Sako.png
676 KB, 1144x1800
Debil survivor 2 revord breaker
it was good Makoto is best waifu
89/100
>>
>>340542102
>Ark: Survival Evolved.
>I woke up on a beach, got killed by a dilophasaurus.
>What the fuck is a dilophasaurus.exe
>I woke up on a beach and got killed by a raptor
>I woke up on a beach and punched a tree to death then was killed by a large turtle
>I woke up on a beach and was killed by an enormous Titanoboa
>Now I ride a sabertooth tiger into battle with a pike and crossbow
>One day I will ride into battle atop a T-Rex with a assault rifle.
>10/10 would die again.
>>
>>340547795
Is it worth it to get the 3DS version or should I be content with the DS one?
>>
>>340542797
Play it on Dolphin. You can map Wii Remote controls to Gamecube pad
>>
>>340548113
>doesn't know what a dilophosaurus is
What the shit mate, even if you weren't into dinosaurs as a kid you HAVE to have seen Jurassic Park
>>
File: 1450135885086.jpg (368 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450135885086.jpg
368 KB, 1280x720
Divinity Original Sin is a pretty good cRPG with a good art style and an interesting world to play in.

The combat can get a little easy and the party options are more limited than the traditional cRPGs like BG or ID and the given npc party members are, in my opinion, less interesting than PoE, but interacting with the world through stealing, sneaking, and having a lot of class customization/options make it a strong contender for the best cRPG made this decade.

8/10
>>
>>340548138
3DS one is actually worth it, since it has a new second (slightly shorter) story after the original. I'm really liking it, Ronaldo (who I hated) really mellowed out, Anguished one is referred to as his real name, etc. Lots of good stuff.
>>
Couldn't beat the first boss. Gundyr killed me lots
>>
>>340542102

Onechanbara Z2: Chaos is a pretty fun DMC-lite. It has surprisingly complex gameplay and the difficulty can be overwhelming at times.

A solid 7-8/10
>>
>>340548113
>plays Ark
>can't read simple instructions

get out
>>
>>340548519

Also, 1/10
>>
>>340544151
Correct
>>
Overwatch
Not as good as TF2 or UT2004 were at launch. But those are ruined now, at Overwatch now is better than them now, so you may as well. Meh.
7.9/10
>>
>>340548379
I didn't know their fucking name. It's just a spitty bite bite to me, also the torpor is huge. If I passed out how was I going to recognize it from Jurrasic Park.
>>
>>340548557
You get out. Nerd.
>>
>Axiom Verge
Great OST and atmosphere. Gameplay was fun and Trace was a decent MC. But bosses posed no challenge once you figured out the patterns and the ending was anticlimactic as fuck.

6.5-7/10
>>
>>340548912
They didn't spit, why do people keep making them inaccurate, reeeeee
>>
>>340549435
They do in motherfucking Ark, and Jurassic Park.
>>
Daisenryaku

Basically advance wars on steroids, or better yet advance war for autist military nerds; the goods things are variety of units and the complexity of the gameplay, the main downside is that it doesn't have half as much charm as AW, everything about its presentation is pretty dry.

7/10 - recommended for armchair generals
>>
>>340549669
THE DIDN'T IN REAL LIFE REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>Unreal Tournament reboot
UT is coming back with the power of Unreal Engine 4, and it's as good as can be expected. It's still in an extremely early stage of development and is visibly unfinished, so expect unfinished maps, few modes and not many players. Despite this, the game is as fast and frantic as it's always been, and it's even free-to-play; the core game is functional, so you're not missing out on the core UT experience.
3/5
>>
>GTA:O
GTA:O is a somewhat functional grindfest that offers AAA action and mayhem on an impressive scale. Almost monthly, free updates continue to add new activities, vehicles, and weapons to the game. This game suffers from connectivity issues, hackers, and a myriad of extremely design decisions such as the Armored Karuma, "Bad Sport", and the ability to get an advanced rocket launcher at a low level.

5/10. You might have fun with friends, but it's too bogged down with issues to be considered regularly fun.
>>
>>340542102
Put in over 200 hours of a Marvel themed ARPG. Plays like Diablo 2 but massively multiplayer. 7/10 it's ok.
>>
>>340545446
I am not finished no, but it just was about the last game you played. I am at chapter 11 and lvl ~56 or something right now.
I also feel like you misunderstand my point about the fuel. Its not a hard or even challenging mechanic, its just tedious.

I dont know how it is with the special bosses post game, but right now during the story and all the side missions you can just spam the most powerful moves all you want and never run out. Shit nigga your skell has 25k fuel and G Buster or Phoenix cost 200
>>
>>340543652

I used to love this game as a kid but I honestly think it's aged like milk.
>>
>>340551238
Your moms vagina has aged like milk
>>
>>340550435
Let it go BRUH is a videogame. Call it artistic license or whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>340545038
Nah dude, the world and music alone put it above it
>>
>>340542102
SSB4.

There's no movement options that arent gimmicky as fuck, also the selection of stages suck, and everything feels intentionally just out of your reach. playing Smash 4 is like getting cucked continually, only you're not losing someone you love, you're losing any chance at options unless you bought DLC chars.

2/10, there's at least autocombos the devs let you have.
>>
Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut

Pretty schway. Great gameplay, cast, and graphics. Feuerschwinge did nothing wrong.

8/10
>>
>>340552362
Sheik, ZSS, Mario and Diddy are all top tier and in the base game. thats just from the top of my head so there are probably more. Cry more because you got rekt in For Glory ;^)
>>
20 tick rate isn't a fucking meme, everything is desync'd.

6/10
>>
fucking goonshits
gilmore is a faggot

10/10
>>
>>340552684
Yes, and that excuses the rest of the cast being garbage somehow? "MUH BALANCE" is an excuse for having a gigantic middle tier of useless characters that cant win big tournaments outside of japan.
>>
>>340542102
OFF.

For fuck's sake, was it really that difficult to come up with better gameplay or a better control system? Music is good. Cat is good too.
>>
>>340552870
You weren't going to win any tournaments anyway, so why bother thinking about it?
>>
>>340552980
Nice copout reply.
>>
>>340553097
Every fighting game has tiers and shit characters
>>
>>340552362
Gimmicky how exactly?
>>
>>340552870
Even Megaman is good, see: XStyles2.
>>
>>340542102

Total War: Warhammer.

Best TW game I've played since Medieval II. Best Warhammer fantasy game I've played since Age of Reckoning. Amazing game.

GOTY2016/10
>>
Literally the last game I've played? SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition. I only have 1 hour in it so far but it's fucking fun.
>Humor is spot on without being in your face, try-hard, or based on memes
>Combat surprisingly deep. Combos in a text based RPG, it really fucking works
>Pretty linear so far, though. Not much freedom to explore or make meaningful choices. Could be different later.

8/10
>>
>>340542102
Stellaris fucking sucks but I can't stop playing it. Every game pans out more or less the same because the only way to play is conquest and the diplomacy is broken because everyone always hates you.
>>
>>340555234
Stellaris is ok, the diplomacy is sort of broken but I definitely think it'll become a lot better with pirated DLC. Or mods
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.