[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Don't mind me, i'm just watching these games! Whoa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: School-kid-with-tablet.jpg (668 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
School-kid-with-tablet.jpg
668 KB, 1000x667
>Don't mind me, i'm just watching these games! Whoa there calm down buddy, you won't lose sales because i wasn't going to buy them in the first place! Don't you know Let's Players are free advertising?
>>
>>340531565
Give back that tablet Tyrone
>>
>>340531565
>Don't you know Let's Players are free advertising?
Unlike Nintendo, publishers actually give Let's Players advanced copies (and money) for their reviews, hoping for sales from advertising.
>>
>>340531565
Don't jump the gun anon, they won't get to that until piracy is dead which will be another decade at least.
>>
>>340531929
>Piracy dead
>Another decade
>EA and other publishers are trying to make $69.99 the new standard for videogames
Not very likely. The high cost of videogames, poor distribution method (physical stores with no supplies), and lack of sales is what led to videogame piracy in the first place.

Steam did wonders for crippling piracy, but with Valve's actions in the past couple of years, it will only get worse.
>>
>>340531565
>>Don't mind me, I'm just the protagonist of these games
fix'd
>>
>>340532362
>Not very likely
As long as there is a will, there is a way.
Publishers will push for it strongly, it won't be eradicated, there might be games cracked here and there for various reasons, but eventually it won't be worth the effort.
>>
If devs see LPs as problem, then why not making games that provide fun by actual gameplay instead of (slightly) interactive movies?

This is the source of "problem" with "Let's Play" videos. If you basically have same experience by watching the game as opposed of "playing" it yourself, then its devs fault, not Youtube users.
>>
>>340531774
Tablets are like $40 now.
>>
>>340532362
>Piracy will only get worse
>with hugely successful anti-piracy measures like Denuvo
>>
>>340531565
I hope you get shot you dumbass dindu.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.