[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
shitty devs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: fof36.png (135 KB, 1365x1024) Image search: [Google]
fof36.png
135 KB, 1365x1024
'sup /v/
What are some the absolute worst developers you have personally come across.
Pic fucking related for me

>constantly fucks up maps and weapons
>bans people for any kind of dissenting opinion
>bans people from the actual game for playing better than him
>acts like a huge autismal crybaby when ever people call him out on his shit
>tried to get people banned from Steam when he got exposed as a liar
>>
hey xanatos
got any plans for some funny machinima videos?
>>
File: xanatosdavid.gif (46 KB, 310x384) Image search: [Google]
xanatosdavid.gif
46 KB, 310x384
>>340521403
The xanatos I know is this fucker.
>>
>>340521716
you play fof and you've never seen the janus syndicate machinimas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_Efrq39pw0
>>
>>340522278
>uploaded 2007
>57000 views
That's pretty low, why would you assume most people have seen a video with such a low viewcount?
>>
>>340522480
>2007 was 9 years ago

Not like this...
>>
File: photo.jpg (28 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
28 KB, 900x900
thank god starbreeze studios bought the rights to payday 2.
>>
>>340522480
gee sorry for assuming there might be a little bit of an overlap with a person who plays the game and people who've seen the video

prick
>>
>>340522772
You realize it's Starbreeze's fault that Payday 2 was such a piece of shit, right?
>>
>>340522793
>implying I play FoF anymore
>>
Gearbox

I can stand their bad writing. What I can't stand is them litreally stealing money from Sega and attempting to screw over a dying man.
>>
>>340522979
that was overkill though right?
>>
>>340523064
>attempting to screw over a dying man
What?
>>
>>340522480
If you haven't seen Source Wars or Gman Squad then you should kill yourself my man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0C_hK-1AGI
>>
>>340523258
Starbreeze purchased Overkill between the first and second games.
>>
>>340523258
Starbreeze put them in a contract that had them working on DLC before the game even went into beta. They're the reason Payday 2 is a $20 game with $150 in DLC with reddit tier shit like goat simulator DLC.
>>
>What are some the absolute worst developers you have personally come across.
I remember watching a few Kerbal Space Program devs stream a while back, and none of them could make it to the moon.

It's kind of surprising how shit some devs are at their own games
>>
>>340525360
well fuck. I was confused on the whole situation so thanks for that. I guess im not getting dead by daylight since they're going to be behind that game as well
>>
>>340523258
Yes it was.
In fact, Starbreeze recently bought the full rights to Payday
http://www.starbreeze.com/2016/05/starbreeze-acquires-full-rights-payday-franchise-installed-base-14-million-users/

And are now ridding the game of DLC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6skYgBkMfV4

The lead developer stated here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/paydaytheheist/comments/3q53ms/crimefest_is_over_ama_discussion_with_almir_on/cwc3qaz?context=3

That Payday 2 couldn't be supported without DLC
>>
>>340525968
wait so if it was overkill that did that, and they were in contract by starbreeze to do the dlc thing like this anon said >>340525360
, then why the hell did they have to buy the rights to payday 2?
>>
>>340524849
>someone hasn't seen a semi obscure half a decade old video
>well better tell them to kill themselves then
>>
>>340525814
Most devs aren't good at their own games. KSP devs are amazing developers though. They made an early access game that wasn't abandoned half way through.
>>
>>340525869
Pros:
>They acknowledge that a competitive game (unlike Payday) shouldn't have direct upgrades locked behind paywalls
>they claim the objectively better shit will be released for free and the DLC will be "sidegrades"
>Payday 2's DLC model allowed people WITHOUT map, weapon, and character DLCs to play with those that had it, allowing people to play the new maps without buying it themselves
>some of the content updates were released to everyone for free, not all was DLC
>There was practically no anti-cheat stopping people from pirating the DLC and playing with people for years

Cons
>they pump a lot of it out
>for around $5 apiece
>the free shit is usually shilling for movies like John Wick, Hardcore Henry, or the new Point Break
>>
>>340522772
Starbreeze owns Overkill which owns payday 2 which was published by 505 games. Starbreeze bought the game from 505 games. Overkill has said that starbreeze has no influence on payday but that is probably bullshit.
>>
>>340526269
>They made an early access game that wasn't abandoned half way through.
One of the lead guys literally left the team because the game was pushed out as "complete" way too early. I recall that even /kspg/ suggested to pirate instead of buying.

I think they even inflated the price quite a lot (not to mention it has barely come down since release)
>>
>>340527110
Oh, that sucks. I bought the game back when it first went on steam and I haven't played it much since it released. The price being risen from beta to release seems like a normal thing though.
>>
File: GZDm6jn.png (599 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
GZDm6jn.png
599 KB, 1280x720
>>340526994
At least they shill good movies, other than new point break, old one was good tho.
>>
>>340527110
I never understood /kspg/'s complaints about it being incomplete.

When I first played it, all that it had was the the earth-moon system and nothing else. It didn't even have a map, you just had to play it by ear.

That was still enough to keep me entertained for a while, and given the luck I had with other early access games I didn't expect it to get much further. It's REALLY come a long way, I wouldn't call it "incomplete" more than i would any other game released in the last 10 years.
>>
>>340526159
>and they were in contract by starbreeze to do the dlc thing like this anon said
they weren't
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.