[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>MGS1 Audience: This is awesome! Can we get some more of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: cantpleaseanyone.png (901 KB, 1360x770) Image search: [Google]
cantpleaseanyone.png
901 KB, 1360x770
>MGS1
Audience: This is awesome! Can we get some more of this with backstory on Snake?
Kojima: Alright.

>MGS2
A: Whoa, a little more story than I was hoping for. Maybe develop the gameplay some more next time?
K: Alright.

>MGS3
A: Hrm. A little heavy on the gameplay micromanagement, Hideo. Let's tone it down a bit and get back to Snake's story please.
K: Alright

>MGS4
A: What the fuck man, that's way too much fucking story.
K: Alright.

>MGSV
A: CAN YOU FUCKING DO ANYTHING RIGHT YOU GODDAMN NIP?!
K: *sudokus*

Apologize.
>>
>>340518267
More like
>MGS4
WOW TOO MANY CUTSCENES
>MGS5
WOW WHERE ARE MY CUTSCENES?
>>
File: 96199.gif (2 MB, 230x357) Image search: [Google]
96199.gif
2 MB, 230x357
>>340518267
MG and MG2 are in their own league, but they were fun.

MGS was perfect amount of story and gameplay. Bosses are the best in the series because they are actually likeable and have a backstory. This this the first time I ever used my power to help someone. ...Strange... It feels... kinda... ...nice... ;_;

MGS2 was amazing in it's mindfuck value, especially near the end. Fission mailed got me good.

MGS3 was OK. Not as fun as the previous two because it's much slower and realistic. Mind you, I like realistic games, but I don't like that realism in games that are supposed to be arcade.

MGS4 was cool, but not a lot of gameplay.

MGSV was fun for the first walktrough before you realize how shit it is.

I played all the MGS games for the first time a year ago.
>>
>>340518267
>mgs """"""fans""""""
>>
>>340518267
Literally nobody complained about 1 and 3 which were literally perfect in terms of story/gameplay balancing. 2 had too much clusterfuck of a story that was lost on a lot of people that were in their early teens back then but grasped it later when they grew up.
2 still has a horribly drab level design though for Big Shell, they should've made struts more unique.

The only one that really was barraged (and rightly so) with criticism was MGS4 and it's cutscene to gameplay ratio. On average you will spend 2/3 of the game watching the cutscenes and only 1/3 in gameplay on your first playthrough. Repeat playthroughs only result in shorter gameplay since you know where to go and how to progress faster making cutscenes even more jarring.

All people wanted was a return to MGS3 formula with MGS4 meets GZ gameplay.

What we got was the blandest and emptiest open world game I've ever played with definitely the worst story. Original MG1 on MSX has better story than this turd. GZ in it's 2 hours of gameplay has better story.
Tanker and Virtuous Mission had better story than MGS5.

And most importantly, the open world aspect completely erased ALL challenge from the game, it was piss fucking easy.
MGS5 is a fucking abortion and as far as I'm concerned I'm going to pretend it and Peace Walker never happened and go replay the god tier ACID games instead.
>>
>>340518267
MGS 1-3 were perfect in my opinion
MGS 4 had a shitton of cutscenes but that's not the problem, the problem was they were absurd, badly written and not that interesting
MGS V was amazing gameplay wise and the story could be good if there was, codec/radio, more cutscenes etc.
1=3>2>>V>>>4
>>
MGS4 and MGSV are both terrible and it's not because of cutscenes.
>>
>>340518267
>Maybe develop the gameplay
>MGS2
MGS2 not only had the best gameplay of the series, but the press even cited the gameplay as one of its most revolutionary features at the time.
>>
>>340519202
But what little gameplay there was of MGS4 was the best part of that game
>>
>>340518267
Gameplaywise MGS2>MGS3
>>
File: 1432171412704.png (422 KB, 447x447) Image search: [Google]
1432171412704.png
422 KB, 447x447
>>340518267
>MGS2
>Maybe develop the gameplay some more next time?
10/10 Made me slightly bothered.
>>
>>340518267

mgs5 threw the baby with the bathwater and you bloody know it
>>
>>340518267
Not my fault he's too retarded to understand criticism and has to jump inbetween extremes.
>>
The gameplay in MGS2 was a vast improvement though you fucking faggot
>>
I was never able to play mgs3 since LOLEXCLUSIVES so I decided to emulate it on my toaster for a bit to see what the fuss is about.

holy shit it's better than 5 in almost every way, more because it feels I'm actually accomplishing important shit instead of tackling on checklists for literally who contractors, how the fuck can peopl find 5 fun is beyond me, it's literally far cry 4 mixed with splinter cell and watered down to a soultry soup, fucking hell.
>>
MGSV is the only example I know of a game demo being better than the game. It would be so much better if we just had mission locations of the size of GZ, maybe 15-20 (coming from Hitman Blood Money having ~12-14 fully explorable maps filled with different fully scripted NPC's with their patterns and stuff, shit was FUN.). Select mission, jump into an actually fun map that's packed full with NPC's and opportunities, instead of a barren wasteland with a few outposts and NPC's doing nothing. Basically GZ with 15 different maps that come with their own challenges and alternative missions, and this would have been my game of the decade.
>>
>>340519414
And that amazing gameplay was scrapped because open world.
The open world that killed the game.
>>
>>340520087
Killed MGSV? Yeah, not to mention all the overwhelming Motherbase management. It's probably my least favorite game in the franchise.
>>
>>340520438
The management wouldn't be bad if it had something to show for
I'd like exploring the insides of it or at least having more means of interaction with the soldiers
The presentation video had recently captured soldiers and animals, NPCs like Ocelot and soldiers doing target practice. You'd only think there's more to see instead of less.

The only purpose soldiers serve is letting you wait 10 hours for the next weapon upgrade.
That shit got old in Peace Walker and at the very least you had weapons that were fun there.
>>
>>340518267
There were like five kojima games between 4 and 5 though
>>
>>340518997
>>340519202
>>340519626
>>340519712
>>340520438
Apologize.
>>
>>340518428
They went from one extreme to another.

Why not have a little balance
>>
>>340520952
Kojima didn't commit sudoku tho
>>
>>340519943
It's really noticeable in the subsistence missions just how much the design is impacted by the open world and the presumption that the player will use a loadout with everything they need. Most locations in the game have 0 unique weapons that you can find on site. The best you can hope to find is a guy with a rocket launcher, a silencer lying around or a box of grenades. Other than that everyone's a generic mook using AKs or shotguns. In GZ you at least had stuff like the sniper in the back of the truck. I don't think a lot of missions would even be completable if you had subsistence mode on every level because the equipment you need to complete them just isn't available in the world.

On top of that I think fulton hurts the game a lot. The downsides of using fulton are so easily circumvented, and the reward for doing it (getting a new guy for your base + no risk of the body being found) is so huge there's never motivation for not doing it. I think that really hurt the game's credibility as a stealth game. I guess it's a good mechanic for a base building game, but for a stealth game there's nothing good about it, it would be much better to need to hide corpses in the world.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10439085
>>
>>340521612
People are gonna vote MGSV because it's more recent but seriously if you go back and play 4 and think about just how often a cutscene pops up and interrupts the gameplay I think your opinion will change.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be cutscenes at all or that MGSV shouldn't have more cutscenes but the problem with 4's cutscenes isn't just that they're long, it's that they literally pop up once per minute on average. Almost every single scene transition is accompanied by a cutscene. As disappointing as V may be in many regards it's at least not actively annoying when playing it.
>>
>>340520952
no matter how hard you try to force the newest meme it's still shit
>>
>>340518779
What a fucking faggot on every level.
>>
>>340521946
4's gameplay is just much more in tune with MGS than V is for me, personally. GZ was a great transition back into classic MGS1 style stealth and V just fucked that all up.
>>
File: 1461406443141.jpg (59 KB, 392x672) Image search: [Google]
1461406443141.jpg
59 KB, 392x672
>>340521395
Fulton wouldn't be a problem if your carried stock of them was severely limited (around 5 or less) and you had to think carefully when, where and on who to use them on.
>>
File: 1435855958829.jpg (53 KB, 505x533) Image search: [Google]
1435855958829.jpg
53 KB, 505x533
>>340518267
>>MGS2
>A: Whoa, a little more story than I was hoping for. Maybe develop the gameplay some more next time?
>>
>>340518428
funny thing is, if you add up all the MGSV cutscenes their run length is actually longer than that of MGS1's

its just that they're all fillery moslty story unrelated shit
>>
I quite liked 5.
Story is shit, but it's pretty damn fun to fuck around in. Kind of appeals to me in the way far cry 3 did, just endless fun of fucking with outposts and the missions.
I've always thought the story in all MG games has been pretentious shit, so I really don't care like a lot of you seem to.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.