[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
id takes back control of Doom's broken multiplayer on PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg (183 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
doom_alt_boxart.0.0.jpg
183 KB, 1280x720
HOPE RIDES AGAIN
>Certain Affinity are no longer working on the game. Id have taken over development, and the multiplayer DLC is their work.
>Private and custom matches will be coming in a free patch this summer.
>Certain developer features from the Alpha, like a match browser, are also coming once they've been given a bit more polish.
>Bots are coming to MP and Snapmap in the future - Id's "bot guy" is the lead coder on Snapmap, so he's kind of busy...
> More multi-centric features for Snapmap, whatever that means.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-09-id-takes-back-control-of-doom-broken-multiplayer-on-pc
>>
Great, hope to hear about better playlists, better matchmaking, and a skill rating system
>>
Weapons pick ups and bigger arsenals when?
>>
>We want Snapmap to be more multiplayer-oriented

At least it might reduce the number of stupid gimmick maps.
Still needs a single-player addition though.
>>
>>340511956
fuck the multi, give sequel
>>
>>340511956
Just make the multiplayer like Quake and they'll have happy neckbears
>>
>>340514109
This.

Multiplayer was dead on arrival. Loadouts should not have existed and niether should the 2 weapon limit. Lots of the more boring guns, only 1-2 of the powerful weapons. When you kill someone they should drop all thier weapons.

Also not having a free for all mode is a travesty.

>>340514327
This to, should have been 2 snap maps, multiplayer and singleplayer missions. We probably could have had higher demon counts if it didn't have to be compatible with 4 players.
>>
I must have played at least 30 team deathmatch matches today because all the other modes have no fucking players. I wonder if these fixes can even save the MP at this point. At least the chaingun will finally be nerfed or hopefully removed altogether. Completely unnecessary weapon considering that the LG, HAR, BR exists as tracking weapons. Can't believe such a broken weapon made it past testing.
>>
>>340514632
The real problem is that the game isn't moddable. People would have fixed the shit multiplayer on DAY ONE.
>>
Come to think of it, certain affinity is probably the reason why the MP has the two weapon limit, I seriously doubt it was id's idea. Maybe they'll finally remove that piece of shit limit
>>
>>340517238
They definitely were, because certain affinity's team isn't composed of professionals. They're composed of people with their heads so far up their asses that they think the best way to market Doom would be to show it's shittiest parts.
>>
having a proper match browser is a start but unfortunalty the multiplayer is fucked on a fundamental level and i don't think they should really be wasting their time on it
>>
>>340515807
This
Mods would be fantastic
>demon vs human matches
>freeforall
>king if the hill
ID you done goofed
>>
god damn this has me hyped as fuck for Multiplayer to be fixed correctly
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.