[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When do you think the new Zelda will take place in the timeline?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: img-header.jpg (59 KB, 700x328) Image search: [Google]
img-header.jpg
59 KB, 700x328
When do you think the new Zelda will take place in the timeline?
>>
>>340508814
Hopefully the child timeline.
>>
>>340508814

I couldnt care less about this shitty timeline.
Never forget that the autists from Zelda Wiki dont accept the official timeline from Nintendo
>>
Considering all the crazy robot enemies, either before or after SS.
>>
>>340508870
I don't accept it either. It's made up bullshit to shut up fans.
>>
>>340508878
Before SS would be cool if it was anything like the Manga short about the creation of Skyloft
>>
>>340508814
If it doesn't take place during the Imprisoning War, then it's a wasted opportunity.

>Huge open world and diverse locations
>Skirmishes all over the place
>Finally have the scale to show an actual war

It if's wasted, then fuck
>>
Post-Wind Waker
>>
>>340508814
I think making the timeline official just limits the devs.
>>
Between The Faces of Evil and The Wand of Gamelon.
>>
Well, I myself have 3 different placements.
1) Before Skyward Sword. My reasoning for this is that the person here looks more of an adventurer rather than a hero, and the master sword is never shown due to it not existing yet.
2) After SS. Reason for that is that the world looks very new and uncolonized, this is due to the Hylians just reaching the surface and they just started to explore it
3) After Spirit Tracks. After Link finds the new continent, this may be a continuation
>>
/r/ing the 'leaks'
>>
File: the real zelda timeline.jpg (447 KB, 880x721) Image search: [Google]
the real zelda timeline.jpg
447 KB, 880x721
>>340508814
>When do you think the new Zelda will take place in the timeline?
>>
This thread will be full of people complaining about 'the timeline' while ignoring that the whole reason people wanted the timeline cleared up in the first place pre-WW was so that shit like this wouldn't happen and Zelda could actually get on with having a plot with some kind of meaningful overall progression that isn't "hur, it looks like Ganon's up to no good again!"

At this point, every reasonable person has given up. Zelda is a shadow of it's once great self, and attempts at crafting something immersive have past. I hoped there would be a basic explanation of things, so that the series could actually more forward, not saying it will and using that as an excuse not to.
>>
who the fuck gives a shit about the timeline

it's never been an actual issue in the games themselves except for the literal sequels
>>
>>340509271
This
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.