[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stygian
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: exp-1-en.jpg (374 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
exp-1-en.jpg
374 KB, 1000x563
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1698219403/stygian-a-lovecraftian-computer-rpg

is anyone interested in this game? I just found out about it.

Also ITT any other Lovecraft derived games? (and actually derived from Lovecraft's writing, not just thematically inspired)
>>
>Posting a kickstarter campaign on /v/

I'm sure this thread will be filled with volumes of unbiased opinions and rational statements.
>>
>>340502782
who ever has an unbiased opinion?
>>
>>340502604
whoa

is this what Cyclopean turned into??
>>
>>340502604
Looks cool, would pledge if i wasn't such a poorfag.
It's good to see resurface of oldschool rpgs, Underrail and AoD were great.
>>
>>340502604
That screenshot is horrible. There are so many clashing perspectives, the whole world looks flat, that statue looks flat, the 3D models look so out of place.

>Statue that's obviously meant to be cthulhu
Yet another fucking "lovecraft-inspired" peice of media that is just "lol i luv lovecraft xD cthluhu is my faves!" that proceeds to have no other old gods but cthulhu and shub-niggurath and the like as fodder.
>>
>Project launched June 1
At least you waited a week before posting on /v/, but still fuck off anyway. I'm so tired of early access bullshit.
>>
If the game's funded then I'll maybe buy it otherwise fuck that.
But it looks okay, not great but okay.
>>
>>340503653
is there any Lovecraft inspired media that you consider good?
>>
>>340503352
No one. Ever.

Especially not on here. Ever.

That would be absurd, /v/ is known for being full of bright, thoughtful individuals who would never behave in an irrational manner.
>>
>>340503653
The sad thing is that most of the stories Lovecraft wrote didn't even feature any aliens. Nobody fucking reads him though, they just judge his work by shit videogames which he's apparently "inspired"
>>
File: edgeofnowhere.jpg (63 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
edgeofnowhere.jpg
63 KB, 600x338
>>340502604
>Also ITT any other Lovecraft derived games?

Edge of Nowhere
>>
animations are bad and lazy
will not support
>>
It's a good concept with interesting promises, but the art, animations and writing don't look too hot. Doesn't help that the pitch video is unfunny and the campaign is filled with typos.

If it comes out, I'll definitely look out for it, but I'm not gonna risk backing it myself. It could very easily be another piece of shit like Age of Decadence.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.