[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just beat this game and I totally loved it (outside of some bland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
Just beat this game and I totally loved it (outside of some bland early bosses, questionable hitboxes and spotty controls). One of the few games I've played lately where I feel motivated enough to replay it and get all the trophies.

What did you think of Salt and Sanctuary, /v/? Liked it? Thought it was up its own ass? What kind of builds did you like? I had a shitty strength/faith character with wonky stats the first time through, and now my new guy is using the Nothern Cross and I'm having a blast.
>>
Currently stuck at the disemboweled pirate guy.

Highest fire resist I can muster and he two shots me.
>>
stuck at that shitty dragon desu senpai

any easy way to kill him?
>>
I played the Google translated German version.
I think the last boss I killed was in a forest or something.
>>
>>340502627
Blacksmith armor set, use the fire resist shield found earlier in the level if you can and block the fire. Don't even try dodging it, it's impossible most of the time.
>>
>>340502807
might give it a try later today, thanks anon
>>
>>340502597
I'd recommend skipping that cunt for now, he's a complete asshole. You can come back after you get the air dash to trivialize his bullshit verticle shot and his horizontal shot is easy enough to dodge with rolling. Wreck him with holy damage.

>>340502627
Stack fire resistence and use lightning damage. The warhammer from the sunken village tears him apart.

>>340502807
Really? It's pretty easy to avoid when he's in the air, just either stay unser him or ahead depending on when he breaths. And stamina management when he's on the ground lets you back off, but the shield does help loads.
>>
Is it just me or are you forced to be a cleric in this game?

The basic Mend spell is almost always a full heal and there's rings that make spellcasting hilariously cheap. It's hard to pass up.
>>
>>340503554
It seems pretty good, but that ring isn't really available for a while. Personally I think the raw damage of greatswords/greatscissors and magic trivialize the game even moreso.
>>
this game is too easy

lightning magic = op
greatswords = good

dunno about the others
>>
I enjoyed it a whole lot. Despite being a Dark Souls knockoff it ended up feeling far more like Metroidvania and a damn good one at that. Did a glass cannon type of character on my first playthrough with a Claymore, light armor and no shield. Only bosses that gave me any trouble were Queen of Smiles and the final one, everything else was easy. The bosses were pretty enjoyable overall still though, especially later on where they had more projectile attacks and such. The world design was nice too although it felt like most shortcuts were just added for the sake of having shortcuts and weren't useful. The metroidvania elements were kinda tedious too because the environments were fairly convoluted and without a map it could get difficult to remember where the spots you need to revisit were. Also the late game areas were just lame. You get so many movement options that the levels are really sparse and empty feeling, the earlier ones were much better because they were compact and memorable. The amount of content was really impressive for a game made by two people.
>>
File: 1334530767149.jpg (30 KB, 390x310) Image search: [Google]
1334530767149.jpg
30 KB, 390x310
>pccucks are so poor and desperate for Bloodborne that they turn to indie ripoffs
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.