[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After playing every game in the series except the next gen ones,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3
File: serveimage-6.jpg (446 KB, 1000x558) Image search: [Google]
serveimage-6.jpg
446 KB, 1000x558
After playing every game in the series except the next gen ones, I starting playing the original one for the first time and quickly saw this was the best by far of them all.

Every little detail was payed attention to and it really shows. The environment and the way NPCs react to each other is so much better than the rest of the series. This is the only game I found myself really stopping and looking around at how perfectly they brought everything together. Then the series was destroyed by its commercial success.

Also I know a lot of people hate on the series but I really like the inception style story, even though its frustrating that its so vague most of the time and bread crumb fed to you.
>>
>>340501101
It probably helped that the game was big but not TOO BIG. It wasn't bad but it got hella repetitive very fast
>>
II is superior only because of the setting

Anyone who disagrees is an uncultured heathen
>>
>>340501101
I agree, first was best.
>>
>>340501239
The setting actually makes sense as well as the characters and stories within it. As soon as they went to Italy (probably did this just so they could wow people with architecture) the whole thing starts feeling kind of out of place.
>>
New World Order
>>
I kinda like how it would be just want me to go kill a dude in the middle of the city and the fun came from finding a clean way in and out to do it.
>>
>>340501101
>>340501181
>>340501239
>>340502282
Safety and Piece my brothers.
>>
>>340502282
Instead of telling you exactly how to do the mission and telling you that you failed if you didn't kill the guy in the exact spot they want you to
>>
It kind of bugs me how Altair has Desmond's voice and is the only one in the game without an accent. I know they explained that as being programmed into the animus but really theres no need for that. Just pay for another voice actor.

Also I don't understand how anybody likes Ezio, the story surrounding him was good as well as how the characters interacted with him, but every time he opens his mouth comes out one cringey line after another.
>>
>tfw you were the only one of your friends excited for the first AC when the first trailer came out
>tfw you were the first of your friends to play it and you thought it was GOAT
>tfw nobody got it
>tfw everyone jumped on board at AC2

But it made more sense you stupid faggots, go play the first one
>>
>>340501101
I like you but 2 was the pinnacle of the series
>>
>>340501101
midevil setting best setting.
>>
>>340501101
>mfw i haven't played any AC game besides Black Flag because I wanted to play a pirate's game
>mfw I was not dissapointed
>mfw no face

I wanted to try Asscreed 3 too but I forgot why I never did. maybe I should
>>
I absolutely loved AC1, I started playing the games after seeing the E3 Trailer for AC3. I don't care that AC1 was repetitive, it was just so nice to look at.

It's a shame how the series has devolved since. AC3 was really the start of the decline, the games became buggy pieces of shit and even the combat was a mess, you can't tell what your character is even doing and the enemies don't match up to the attacks you do.
>>
>>340503021
try out Rogue.
>>
>>340502752
Try playing the game in Italian. Much better.
>>
>>340503241
OI MAKE MOI OWN LUCK
>>
>>340503308
It's worth it to finally fuck up the Assassin order.
>>
>>340503021
3 is only good because of its setting in the American revolution. Also Haytham>>>>Connor. 3 by far has the best present day story, no question in my opinion. The grand temple and Juno were amazing

>>340503241
Rogue has it moments, especially Lisbon, but I found it very cringeworthy and filled with sjw influences. Also way too fucking short
>>
>>340501101
I agree. The only thing shitty about the first is how ridiculously repetitive it gets and how clunky it feels at times, besides that though you're pretty much right.

And you know the modern day gets more hate than it deserves too. The lore and the way you get it is very interesting, it's all so subtle and well hidden. The way you described it as "bread crumbs" is perfect. Down to ACIV it was the main reason I played the games, without the modern day story it would not have been as compelling. Desmond's back story in Revelations was also great too. I hate how much people bitch about this, notice how the last 2 games were objectively the worst and sold the least when they stopped feeding us the modern day. I don't like making blanket statements but people who cry about this remind me of the same people bitching about realism in all their games.
>>
>>340502561
>autism
>>
AC1 is the only game in the series, and one of the few games ever, period, to have a reasonable explanation for the health system.

Altair never got hit. HP is your synch with the 'real memory' and getting hit is a diversion from that.

Then AC2 comes along, continues to call it Synch but introduces in-era Medicine to restore it. Idiots.
>>
>>340503241
Rogue is another pirate game, right?
>>
File: 1464073263977.png (310 KB, 788x594) Image search: [Google]
1464073263977.png
310 KB, 788x594
>>340503437
3 fell apart when it started with a bang with haytham and then they gave you connor and say heres the real totally interesting protagonist y'all been waiting for
>>
>>340501101
That appreciation dies after half an hour and the boring shit show begins. This commercial success youre bitching about is a good thing.
>>
THROWING

DAGGERS
>>
>>340501101

Asscreed 1 feels like a proper game at least. Before open world grinding became a thing.

My only problem is that the sections outside of animus are unskippable, they are so slow they feel like padding and that you get downgraded of your weapons. Didn't mind the health downgrade though.
>>
>>340502827
I did, it wasnt worth it.
EVERYONE READ ABOUT IT AND MOVE ON
TRUST ME
FUCK THESE PEOPLE
>>
>>340503505
I think what happened is that they had this really good idea for the precursor race but had too much trouble implementing it. For example in 2 and BH the climax is literally the last few minutes of the game (Minerva talking through the animus to Desmond, amazing! And finding Juno's temple under the Vatican, fucking amazing) but then in Revelations Juno isn't even mentioned once! It could have been expanded upon so much but instead they focus on perfectly modeling Sofia Sartor's bust.
>>
>>340503571
Not to mention you have to play a few hours being coddled as young Connor before the game actually starts up again. Also Achilles being the token black mentor when America still had slaves. (Adewale of course yet another token)
>>
>>340503526
Knowing this pisses me off to this day. I still have no fucking clue why they changed the health system.
>>
>>340503770

The idea for percursor race is based on horribly mistranslated summerian tablets, by a hack that wrote the twelveth planet and another hack that wrote worlds in collision.
>>
Brotherhood>2=Black Flag>1>Revelations at it's best>3>Revelations at it's worst>Rogue>not even worth mentioning

Rogue's writing was cringeworthy you edgy niggers
>>
>>340504021
People were complaining that the regenerating Synch bar was too easy. Boy were they wrong. 5 to 15 magic cure all potions were so OP.
>>
>>340502827
My first AC was AC3. At which point I had no idea what was going on with the meta story, so I went out and bought AC1 and the Ezio trilogy and played through all of them in a month.
AC1 had a great framework but they really made it a lot better with AC2. And unlike most people I actually rather enjoyed Revelations.
>>
>>340504194
AC3 trilogy was fucking cancer in terms of Health bars.
>>
>>340504194
Literally takes one button to heal to full health at any moment. I don't think I died once unless I tried to or was knocked off a building.

>>340504284
At least the naval combat was difficult, your ship can easily go down from man o wars without the hull upgrades
>>
>>340503437
I think 4 is the last game I really gave a shit. 2, 3, and 4 of the main installments all brought something substantial to the formula while everything else just didn't really have more to offer besides "Assassins, but OVER HERE!11!111".
>>
>>340503770
It isn't even all just about the precursors though. Going through Abstergos shit and finding all the rips in the animus in 2 was great. It added that level of mystique that's only possible in gaming, really. I know not many people bothered with it though, I also spent a good amount of time hacking everything in IV. The amount of detail they put into those files, videos, and other recordings always impressed me. It was so comfy too. I hope they do something creative again with this next entry now that they're finally taking a fucking year off.
>>
File: modern games.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
modern games.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
1 was best.
The missions were actually fun and got you pumped when you kill someone and all of the sudden have to think fast because holy shit a massive mob of people is now after you.
I don't know when the game became like pic related, just spam counter attack to defeat armies of people.
>>
>>340504425
>knife thugs
>Shield thugs
>gun thugs
>stun baton thugs
>huge thugs
>assassin thugs
>karate thugs

I love that meme
>>
>>340504420
I haven't finished the rips in BH or the Black Room memories but as cool as the glyphs were the Adam and Eve video doesn't really make sense nor is it ever touched upon again iirc. At least they showed humans being controlled by the apples though, all 2 frames of the video were bretty kewl.
>>
>>340504425
All the AC games' combat ultimately boiled down to hitting counter attack after a visual cue.
>>
>>340504425
1 was literally the same

At least special enemies in later games forced you to change it up.
>>
>>340503568
yeah
>>
>>340504673
>>340504686
The combat in 1 is different because at least its not as forgiving if you miss the timing. In every other game you can get 10 counter kills in a row without even trying, its even a one hit kill on the next enemy after you counter and you can basically just hold the buttons down. In the first one the timing has to be much more accurate.
>>
>>340504658
Yeah I guess that's true, I just enjoyed reading about how Abstergo controlled almost everything and all the ridiculous shit they would do. It was cool to have that perspective. It hurt when it became so obvious they had absolutely no real plans though, and that 3 ending was just like what the fuck. And there's STILL shit going on after 4, I don't know what the fuck they're doing anymore.
>>
>>340504425
You also had the fact that killing your targets added to the intrigue of the story. You looked forward to the next kill because it provided more story.
>>
>>340504138
Isn't it a giant plot hole that the templars never once mention any knowledge of the ones who came before? Its like somehow the gods are on the assassins side (I know, desmond is in the prophecy to free juno).

Or am I wrong? Maybe Juno knows the templar would never free her and would just use the artifacts for controlling the world themselves.
>>
>>340504806
Ok, I think I know what you mean now. It was early as second game.
>>
>>340504425
You can't do what's in that webm and get anywhere.
>>
>>340503303
Ezio, don't you recognize your Uncle?
>>
>>340504902
They bring in ideas for one game then drop them in the next. Like Aita being Roberts and Standish reincarnated.

Also does anybody know if its ever explained why Juno made Desmond kill Lucy? She said her path wasn't in the light or something
>>
>>340505234
Lucy actually was a double agent who was planning to fuck over Desmond and Juno knew it.
>>
It was really ruined when they decided that enemies only attacking 1 at a time was a feature to market instead of a bug to fix.

1 was cool though. I remember one mission I got the locations of all the guards, and killed 3 of them in strategic locations. After I killed the mark, I ran back the way I had cleared and no guards chased me.
>>
>>340505302
Shit I missed that which game is that from? The wiki says Clay knew about Lucy too but I don't remember him telling Desmond that when he asked at the beginning of RV?
>>
>>340505532
I believe it's revealed in AC3 when you're in the hideout and she's telling you stuff. Either that or Revelations.
>>
>>340502827
>Having to deal with not getting another PoP game for ALIUMS, ILLUMONOTI TAMPLERS AND ASSOSSINS.

Fuck Ubisoft,
>>
>>340501101
Assassins creed was great until revelations after that it became really repetitive. Only altair and ezio had awesome stories imo.
Also why do they keep milking desmond's story? I was really into it in the first games but they just kept adding bullshit so that they were able to make more games.
>>
>>340505409
I think the 1 or 2 at a time thing really gets dumb in 3 when enemies have you surrounded, you have no armor, and they all have bayonetted rifles. You'd think Ubisoft could make them box you in and skewer you for an instant death, considering group tactics like a volley fire where an actual thing in that game.
>>
>>340505234
Don't forget the whole "You need to find Eve thing"

>>340505532
>>340505302
>>340505645
Revelations stupid first person puzzle exploration DLC had backstory for that, Lucy leaves Clay in the Animus despite him suffering from the Bleeding effect because he found out she was a Templar or something.
>>
>>340505825
Wow, key plot elements hidden in DLC. Thanks Ubisoft
>>
>>340502752
'Salute claudia!'
'You came to look at the book?'
>>
Kill yourself retarded fuck. AC 1 was awful repetitive shit. AC2 improves it in every way.
>>
>>340504248
AC 1 and revelations are my favorites. That female voice who sings in masyaff was awesome.
>>
>>340505930
Agreed, from a gameplay perspective, the game improved on a lot of stuff.

But AC1 was still a way better game than AC2's generic revenge plot.
>>
First game is my favorite.
Best atmosphere.
Best sound (AC2 has best music)
Best writing

The villains weren't cartoon villains and weren't just stupid evil, all the villains had reasons.
>>
Isn't Ezios story basically the same as the Count of Monte Cristo?
>>
>>340505930
>improves it in every way
No, not every way.
>>
>>340504425
>>340504608
>>340504673
AC series has one of the worst combat system in all games.

It's just " Do a counter killstreak to win" it's practically busy work. You literally can't even die in combat in AC BH.
>>
>>340505825
Oh yeah now I remember, clay was subject before him who went crazy.

>>340505893
It wasn't DLC
>>
>>340506124
Nope
>>
>>340506256
Wait it was DLC actually, forgot about that. The lost archive.
>>
Are the new games any good? Syndicate seems to have fallen through the woodwork and everybody hated Unity.
>>
>>340504806
One of the worst things about AC:Unity was how clunky they made the combat. Removing the counter kills and throwing what seemed like hundreds of enemies at you was insane.
>>
>>340501101
AC was my one of my favourite series growing up, more due to the potential and uniqueness of AC1 then anything else.

There are a lot of choices I would have made differently regarding the games, such as making only a trilogy, and different timelines, but overall I liked it. with AC2 being the peak of the series by far.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.