[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Late night kingdom hearts thread. Why was pic related poorly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 20
Late night kingdom hearts thread.

Why was pic related poorly designed again?
>>
>>340496621
Lack of hitstun for the most part
>>
File: JUST.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
JUST.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>340496621
This exists
>>
>>340496621
>you can be invincible whenever you want to be, some commands make this happen, dodge rolling, shotlocking, etc.
>keyblade doesn't really knock anything back
>retarded secret boss fights

Its still miles better than DDD though.
>>
ALL RIGHT BEFORE THIS GETS OUT OF HAND

1.5 and 2.5 are HD Collections of the games
They are not new titles

2.8 is an HD Port of the 3DS game, Dream Drop Distance
Plus it also has a CG movie "Kingdom Hearts x: Back Cover" which is ties in with the mobile game Kingdom Hearts Unchained x
Plus it also has Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep 0.2, this is a Prologue to Kingdom Hearts 3

1.5, 2.5, and 2.8 has all the story content of the entire series you need to know before Kingdom Hearts 3
>>
>>340497776
DDD makes me worry for how 3 is gonna be like
>>
>>340498021
Do you have to play them all in a particular order, or can you choose what you play/watch?
>>
>>340499206
Always best to play it chronologically
>>
>>340499427
>chronologically
Stop
>>
>>340499206
When you load the game you can pick which to play from a menu, you don't need to "unlock" the other parts if that's what you're asking
>>
>>340497452
I haven't played birth by sleep yet. What exactly is happening here?
>>
>>340498021

Thank you for providing that explanation that nobody needed.
>>
>>340499530
Shit I meant release order, that was one hell of a brainfart, BBS before KH1 would be dumb
>>
>>340499550
Thank you. That's a pleasant surprise as I've seen many people upset from the assumption that they would have to play all the mobile games again.
>>
>>340496621
Eh, it's not really poorly designed. There is more to design than pure mechanics. It's just not as good as 2.
>>
>>340496621
I haven't bothered to watch the 365/2 movie or the re:coded movie
Is it a big deal if I don't or should I watch them?
>>
>>340499730
>Eh, it's not really poorly designed
Yes it is.
>>
Why the fuck does this series have so MANY fucking spinoffs?
>>
>>340499865
Blame FFXV's existance
>>
>>340499865
they didnt know how or want to end it

shit was being made up as they went
>>
File: 1442849878772.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442849878772.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>340499001
I on the other hand can't wait. Nomura already brought in time travel and I want to see what he'll throw in next.

>>340499206
The only thing I would tell people to watch is Re:Com (only if you don't like that card system), Days(You'll only miss some small stuff by watching, nothing too important but stuff I thought was neat like the scene with Xigbar and Xion in wonderland) and Re:Coded (this one is actually pretty fun but its okay if you watch it).

>>340499551
The boss can clone himself and he can do that to you.

>>340499739
With 365/2 you'll miss the Xion stuff and what was going on with Roxas while sora was a sleep and Re:Coded sets up the master test and other things.

>>340499865
Everything is canon there are no spinoffs.
>>
>>340499551
Tall brunette being gang raped by black men.
>>
>>340499551
It's one of the bonus boss battles. and it's completly bullshit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rUYm_-0s8A
>>
>>340499819
It's a solid game until the bullshit secret bosses. Why does /v/ always think in extremes? There are more possibilities than "It was shit" or "It was GOAT."
>>
>>340499562
Once the people who only played 1 and 2 come into this thread and start bitching about >KH1.5 Recoded Birth 3584382/2 2.8 Final Chapter nuthin maeks sense :^)
it might come in handy
>>
File: 1462463454007.jpg (19 KB, 479x335) Image search: [Google]
1462463454007.jpg
19 KB, 479x335
>mfw the canon of Kingdom Hearts
>>
>>340499939
Makes sense

>>340499941
Disgusting

>>340499963
They really expect people to play all those bullshit games to understand the whole story.

Rip Hisoka
>>
>>340500005
>There are more possibilities than "It was shit" or "It was GOAT."
I know there is, but BBS is just shit all the way through.
>It's a solid game until the bullshit secret bosses
No it isn't. The only good boss fight is Magic Mirror, the worlds are both tiny and empty and generic enemies range from boring to outright annoying.
>>
>>340500005
I'd hardly consider Terra's first boss to be anything besides bullshit.
>>
>>340499997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwnVXgOhlnw
>>
>>340500180
did Chrollo really?

don't actually answer that..'m not up to date...
>>
>>340496621
>shitty gameplay
>shitty story
>awful voice acting
>Boring worlds and awful level design
>lame bosses
>worst minigames of all the games in the series except for that monopoly game which was alright but got old fast and was pointless
only redeeming quality was playing as lingering sentiment for the last 10 minutes of Terra's campaign. And even then the shitty gameplay almost ruined it.
>>
>>340500180
He isn't dead puta. If anyone is going to wreck hisoka, it's gonna be Gon.
>>
>>340500180
And now if you have a PS3 you can get caught up

That spoiler was real?
>>
Gameplay rankings
>Fun
Aqua
>Too much like Sora
Ventus
>Maybe I should just eat some nails and wash them down with bleach instead
Terra
>>
>>340500005
Hardly a problem only present with secret bosses. Lack of hitstun makes many fights complete bullshit like Ven's Stitch boss. Gotta be on your toes not to get one shot. Or Eraqus.

Also, the fact that you needed to grind for abilities rather than getting through levels was shit. So you'd just spend time grinding out the essentials.

>>340499865
There are no spiinoffs.
>>
>>340499963
>Everything is canon there are no spinoffs.

That's the fucking scary part, and NO HD remakes might be for normalfags, but the games has to be played on their fullest to get a true understanding.
>>
>>340500354
HxH spoilers for this week were real
>>
>>340500180
>They really expect people to play all those bullshit games to understand the whole story.
What? You expect me to go through the story in order to understand it!? This is stupid.
>>
>>340500272
Sorry

>>340500307
Imagine being this delusional

>>340500354
I'll wait till 2057 to play KH3

He's not dead as of yet however he's in a tough spot
>>
File: 1449090670109.png (395 KB, 943x527) Image search: [Google]
1449090670109.png
395 KB, 943x527
>implying he'll just off one of the most important characters
>>
>>340500276
>shitty story
>awful voice acting
I don't agree with these at all.

>Boring worlds and awful level design
To be fair it's because it was a PSP, a handheld game.
>>
>>340500272
Hisoka is most likely rusing chrollo but people love to blow shit out of proportion. It's almost as if people forget Hisoka has always used tricks in battle. They are also working on a hisoka backstory one shot so it's obvious he ain't dead

>>340500507
Nigga idgaf about the clown but it's obvious he ain't dead
>>
>>340500601
>To be fair it's because it was a PSP, a handheld game
Re: Coded had much more interesting worlds and level design while also having superior gameplay despite being on a weaker handheld.
>>
>>340500596
Hisoka is done nawimsaying
>>
File: 1459101635306.png (882 KB, 913x598) Image search: [Google]
1459101635306.png
882 KB, 913x598
>>340500753
uh huh
>>
>>340500192
>I know there is, but BBS is just shit all the way through.
Not at all, command deck, D. Links, shotlock were interesting for most of the game. You have to remember these games were spin offs, yes spin-offs, the gameplay was not meant to play exactly like KH1 and 2 it was meant to be a handheld spin-off game. The story is the only thing that isn't a spin-off.

>No it isn't. The only good boss fight is Magic Mirror
I had fun with most of the bosses

>the worlds are both tiny and empty and generic enemies range from boring to outright annoying.
Could say the exact same thing about KH2. In fact KH2's worlds are the most empty, boring, generic worlds in the series. They are literally just hallways. You walk forward from cutscene to cutscene and fight some really weak enemies that's it. I still liked the game but acting like BBS is different from 2 is dumb. Hell BBS actually is better than 2 in that sense because they feel like actual levels and not just a walkway to a cutscene. I still like 2 the most because of the end-game content but don't act like BBS is any worse than 2 for the worlds.
>>
>>340499939
>blame a game that didn't really exist until 2013 for spin-offs that started in 2004
Are you retarded?
>>
>>340499865
>spinoffs
kek
>>
File: 1459662250036.jpg (59 KB, 500x466) Image search: [Google]
1459662250036.jpg
59 KB, 500x466
So how did this "spin offs" thing start anyway? Because "Kingdom Hearts 3" wasn't the title for it?

>>340500507
Just went to /a/ I needed that laugh
>>
>>340500853
> command deck
Ruined the purpose of leveling, introduced grinding for abilities AND most of the abilities were complete shit.

>I had fun with most of the bosses
Literally how? Terra was at a disadvantage all the way through and no hitstun made many bosses messy
>>
>>340500753
rubber and gum will win the war
>>
>>340500853
I don't care about the gameplay not being identical to KH2: I care about the gameplay being shit. Not once did I compare it to other KH games so I don't get why you're going on this tangent. Shotlocks were purely designed qte garbage, there was nothing interesting about D. Links and the command deck is poorly balanced shit. Re: Coded also uses the command deck and I like that game because it doesn't play like shit.

>Could say the exact same thing about KH2
Again, why are you bringing up KH2 when I never once compared the two? Yeah, KH2 has terrible level design but at least that one makes up for it by having good gameplay.
>>
>>340500601
>Terra go do this evil thing
>ok, I will for no reason at all
>Hah, you fell for my evil plan. What a well written and crafty villain I am.

>Ventus go home
>no
>Okay, I won't make you go home and just continue to let you run around in danger until you eventually fuck everything up since I'm a dumbass.

>Xehanort you deformed me and tried to destroy the universe!
>here's a get well card my frend
>Oh I can't stay mad at you. Want to meet my new students, one of which is having issues with darkness?

>This is considered non shit writing

Also Terra's and especially Aqua's va's were god awful. At least she's not shit anymore going by the trailer to 2.8. Neither is Terra's I guess, since Ursus is being voiced by his va in BBS I think, and he sounded alright in the trailer.
>>
>>340501171
Jesus fuck everything that Terra did, Aqua and Eraqus were the real fuck ups in birth by sleep.
>>
i just played one part and i just couldnt bring myself to continue playing, the whole game feels so shallow
>>
>>340501139
You mentioned worlds being tiny and empty. What else am I supposed to do with that but assume you meant the previous games had better worlds? You exaggerate how bad it is. The game is not hard enough to be unfair until the end game. I never had any problem with the bosses until eraqus. I don't really know what you expect me to say if all you will use as arguments is that it was "shit"

>>340501109
I liked most of the game, and had little problems with the bosses. I agree once you get to the latter portion of the game it starts to get shit and really not even worth playing, especially as Terra. I only did the extra bosses as Aqua because fuck doing it 3 times.
>>
>>340499865
Like it was said before, none of the games are spinoffs. You just have integer-numbered games that are slightly longer than the rest of the games in the series.
>>
>>340501471
>The game is not hard enough to be unfair
I never said it was hard, dipshit. The reasons why BBS mechanics are ass have been repeated numerous times, but here's a quick recap:

1. Hitstun is either inconsistent or nonexistent for the majority of enemies and bosses
2. Gameplay is extremely poorly balanced: the majority of commands are complete garbage, shotlocks are retardedly overpowered on anything they work on
3. Command styles are pointless and just slow down combat by forcing you into transformation, which briefly pauses the fight
4. Bosses break out of stagger randomly and regular attacks are pointless
5. Damage scaling is fucked: if you have even a bit too little strength or magic, you have to chip away at enemies forever whereas once you're above that threshold, everything melts: there's no inbetween with fights either taking way too long or being over in seconds.

And those are just the big issues with BBS.
>>
File: image.png (203 KB, 418x217) Image search: [Google]
image.png
203 KB, 418x217
>>340501095
So many spinoffs
>>
>>340501910
All of those are mechanics. My original post mentioned there is more to design than mechanics. I agree that those are all problems but the game has numerous ways to get around those problems for most of it. It is really only at the end, when the game really challenges you, that the flaws ruin it. I wouldn't recommend BBS to someone if it was the only KH game they would ever play but to someone who wants more KH I would recommend it and I'm sure they would enjoy it because it is at least a pretty decent game. It is like DS2, it has glaring flaws with its mechanics but it isn't irredeemable.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
>Maleficent needed to have her true DARKNESS power unlocked to become a dragon in KH1
>she did it just fine in BBS
>>
>>340502234
So if the level design is shit, enemy design is shit and the mechanics are shit what exactly is there to redeem this piece of shit? There's no excuse for a game that's so heavily based around combat to not have at least passable combat. Literally the only good design in this game is the art direction.
>It is really only at the end, when the game really challenges you, that the flaws ruin it
No it isn't. The game is a fucking snoozefest because combat just isn't fun regardless of what you're fighting.
>the game has numerous ways to get around those problems
So what? The game is piss easy secret bosses included: that doesn't excuse the godawful gameplay.
>>
File: 1458528878371.jpg (13 KB, 395x395) Image search: [Google]
1458528878371.jpg
13 KB, 395x395
>>340497452
>Best that boss while waiting in a full doctor's office with my mom
>Shouted out "FUCK YEAH" in celebration.
>Mom pops me in retaliation
>Psp falls
>Battery shoots out
>mfw
Good times.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2048x1536
>>340496621
https://youtu.be/UhcqCIWc2wY
>50:00 min le autistic KH youtuber
he makes a pretty good case about this.
Skip to 24:40 if you just want the gameplay bit
>>
>>340502757
Oh man, I fucking love analysis vids like this. Thanks a bunch for the post.
>>
>>340499963
WAIT, TIME TRAVEL?!?! ULTIMECIA WHEN?!?!
>>
>>340502660
>level design is shit
It's passable
>enemy design is shit
They were mostly fun
>the mechanics are shit
Woah, I never said the mechanics were shit, just that they had flaws. Do you realize how shit games can actually be? This game has pretty decent mechanics honestly. Look if you don't like it you don't have to play it, but I just can't believe you actually think the game is shit and not even at least decent. THis is what I meant about extremes, if you were to say the game is decent but not really worth playing unless you like the story I wouldn't have argued because that is a fair opinion.
>>
>>340502847
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUZteAoN3ew

There's also this. More on the mechanics than anything else.

>>340502904
>They were mostly fun
Not him, but saying "fun" means fuckall.
>>
>>340500005
Birth by Sleep got too popular like SMT3 or DQ8 did so it's cool to hate it now
>>
>>340502425
Getting the shit beat out of her by Aqua nerfed her strength
>>
>>340503063
>Not him, but saying "fun" means fuckall.
So does saying "shit." I just responded with the same kind of argument. Man, I am not even saying the game is great or anything just that people exaggerate how bad it is.
>>
>>340502904
>THis is what I meant about extremes, if you were to say the game is decent but not really worth playing unless you like the story I wouldn't have argued because that is a fair opinion
I already told you I don't only look at games in extremes. I just happen to genuinely think BBS is a pile of shit and I don't get how this is so fucking difficult for you to understand. Re: Coded is a flawed but fun game. BBS is a flawed game that's not even worth playing even for its shitty story. Many of my favorite games are flawed, but none of them are flawed to the point where they're genuinely unenjoyable like BBS.
>>
>>340503152
I could deal with most issues if Critical wasn't "you hit shit, you take tons of damage".

I fear KH3 will end up the same.
>>
>>340503063
Yeah, I've seen Biz's vids. At first I thought it might not be that bad, but after trying to Plat this shit... oh man.
>>
>>340503161
It's difficult for me to understand because to me it is not that bad. That is pretty straightforward logic if you ask me. But alright, I guess you think it is shit then but I disagree.
>>
>>340500005
>It's a solid game until the bullshit secret bosses.
That's bullshit. It's just easy enough until that point that you don't notice. When a game is easy, it doesn't matter if it's well-designed or not, you'll have a fairly mindless but possibly enjoyable experience either way (though a game with well-designed mechanics will hold up better than a poorly designed one, even if they're both mindlessly easy). It's only when a game gets hard that you have to understand and fully utilize the mechanics, which is where the actual quality of the design becomes apparent. KH2 itself is a perfect example of this, except for KH2 it had the opposite effect of showing everyone how good the game really is.

Even then, it's easy to see how blatantly unbalanced and shoddy BBS is. The stiff, disjointed melee attacks and movement abilities are immediately noticeable, some Commands are clearly better than others even to a casual player, and Shotlocks completely dominate boss fights up until the final chapters where the game arbitrarily decides that bosses are just going to start avoiding them 100% of the time because they couldn't think of any other way to balance them. It also guts a ton of the things that lent depth to KH1 and 2 (like weapon parries, deflecting projectiles, and a proper shortcut menu), and the environments are some of the most bland the series has ever produced. Grinding out melds to get abilities is clearly inferior to the ability system in the previous games, too. In KH1 and 2, you naturally get abilities just by playing normally (though you do have to grind forms to get all your abilities in 2), and then you have to strategically manage your AP in order to equip the ones that will benefit you the most. In BBS, you go out of your way and grind to acquire them, but once you have them they're all automatically equipped without any restrictions. It trades actual strategy and decision making for pure tedium. There's no way to defend it.
>>
>>340503295
I got bored by the time I got to Neverland with Ventus (did Terra completely) - hitting chip damage on fucking everything was ridiculous. Would require grind grind and more grind to start getting anywhere.

And I was playing on proud as well.
>>
>>340503349
But those are all mechanics. :^)
>>
>Most of my friends have only played KH1 and 2 because "side games" on other systems
>They haven't played 1.5 or 2.5
>They won't buy 2.8
>They will buy KH3
>They will bitch and moan about not knowing what is going on

PLEASE Square, release a collectors edition that has 1.5, 2.5, and 2.8 on PS4.
>>
File: thats nuts.png (146 KB, 518x546) Image search: [Google]
thats nuts.png
146 KB, 518x546
>>340503467
>level design is mechanics
>>
Why is this series so inconsistent with it's plot? Sometimes they're good (See KHI, CoM, II and 358/2 Days) and then there's trash like BBS, Coded, and Dream Drop Distance. Seriously, what the fuck?
>>
Anyone else enjoying Unchained X? Trying to find a party that is super active but I always wind up just carrying the rest of them. Not really a hardcore player or big money spender but half empty parties of people that just log in every day for the jewel bonuses gets annoying.

In Leopardis if that helps. Might not mind switching though.
>>
>>340503349
The environments issue really stands out in the HD version. It's a problem with most handheld games that get ported. They don't fair well with the image stretched and resolution upped. These things were meant to be viewed on tiny screens. I'm not trying to give them a pass, but I can see how some corners had to be cut for the sake of navigability and hardware limitations.
>>
File: 1464506131136.png (161 KB, 500x425) Image search: [Google]
1464506131136.png
161 KB, 500x425
>>340503537
>Sometimes they're good (See KHI, CoM, II and 358/2 Days
>358/2 Days
>>
>>340503537
>tfw we'll never get another story as good as CoM
also
>Days
>good
>>
>>340503537
>Days
>good
>>
>>340503349
>Boss fight
>Try to fight as I would in literally any other KH game
>Die
>Spam Dodge and a single Ability for 20 minutes
>Win

Fucking BBS and it's stunlocking shit.
>>
>>340503537
>358/2 Days
>let's pull a pointless character ouf our ass so we can explain one minor plot point in the most retarded way possible and make her the focal point of the plot instead of just telling a story about the characters people wanted to see
>good
>>
>>340503587
>>340503630
>>340503635
How is Days bad?
>>
>>340503349
I actually agree with you except for this part.
>When a game is easy, it doesn't matter if it's well-designed or not, you'll have a fairly mindless but possibly enjoyable experience either way
I've played games that are easy but really boring like Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite. I just think BBS is honestly not that bad, and even though it has flawed mechanics they still work better than some games. It's why I compared it to DS2, I see /v/ rip on DS2 but I honestly can't understand how /v/ can hate the game it is a pretty decent game that is better than a lot of other games. I feel the same way about BBS. Both of them have flawed mechanics.
>>
>>340503537
>Days
>>
>>340503551
There are a few /khg/ parties that are still active. You'd have to switch to either Vulpes or Ursus though.

If you want to stay in Leopardos, I would check the KHInsider forums, there's probably at least one party for every Union there. The community there goes pretty strong on χ
>>
File: days a shit.jpg (255 KB, 1301x914) Image search: [Google]
days a shit.jpg
255 KB, 1301x914
>>340503702
Gee I wonder why
>>
>>340503537
Literally the only storyline that even comes close to being comprehensible is KH1. You can make an argument for CoM, but I tend to disown it because it feels like they decided Sora would have to revisit all the old worlds because of copyright issues or whatever, THEN they decided a story to explain (or excuse) that.

Every other game is the series is a cluster fuck of retcons and bad guys going "I MEANT FOR YOU TO THAT HAHAHA!" I remember even 13 year old me was calling bullshit on how Yen Sid just hand-waved the borders between worlds in KH2.
>>
>>340502757
bbs is pretty shit gameplay wise but this coming from a guy who sits round speedrunning kh2 every week
>>
>>340503702
There's probably two plot-relevant scenes in the entire game. The rest is just shitty anime filler.
>>
>>340503812
The one and only positive thing about days for me was the multiplayer aspect, I really hope they bring that into 3 or some other later installment.
>>
File: 1452603329123.jpg (57 KB, 992x558) Image search: [Google]
1452603329123.jpg
57 KB, 992x558
>>340503812
>tfw I liked Days and had fun doing shitjobs as Org members
>>
>>340503812
I think Day's major problem is that people wanted to play as Dual Wielding Roxas, and they were stuck with KH1 Sora for 99% of the game.
>>
File: 1465458416418.png (117 KB, 249x379) Image search: [Google]
1465458416418.png
117 KB, 249x379
>>340500753
>Hisoka is just getting started nawimsaying
ftfy
>>
>>340503980
>Tfw recently watched a movie with Haley Joel Osment called Tusk
>Couldn't hear anyone but Sora everytime he talked.
I feel so bad for the guy.
>>
>>340504028
No, the main problem was that the game just sucked.
>>
>>340503980
You are the cancer.
>>
>>340504028
I wonder when people will realize Dual Wielding is actually really, really shit with its inability to guard
>>
ITT: Hisoka fanboys denying the truth
>>
>>340504036
>I feel so bad for the guy.
Why? He loves being Sora.

>>340504132
:'(
>>
>>340504036
I hope he's getting good money from the KH gigs. If he has untapped vocal range, I would love to see him doing other VA work. I think his acting in the series is really understated.
>>
>>340504191
Because while I'm not an actor, I can't imagine what it feels like to be known as only one character. I mean look at someone like say, Christian Bale. Yeah, his most popular character is Batman/Bruce Wayne, but, people also known him as Patrick Bateman in American Psycho for example.
>>
>>340504135
No one is arguing it's practicality. It's just fucking cool beans.
>>
>>340504256
At least he's not Erkel's actor. That dude is typecast for life.
>>
File: niggaulame.jpg (15 KB, 236x316) Image search: [Google]
niggaulame.jpg
15 KB, 236x316
So do you guys think that there's any chance that they'll release 1.5 and 2.5 for ps4? I never got a ps3 and It would be real neato to have all the games on one system.
>>
>>340504256
Well, he was a child actor and usually they end up becoming fuck all. At least he got to become Sora after being a kid (and getting known for it) in Sixth Sense.
>>
>>340504312
I won't lie, I never expected someone like Haley Joel Osment to be in a movie where a guy gets turned into a walrus.
>>
>>340504321
As desperate for cash as SE is, you fucking know it, bro. They'll move some of the color sliders around and BOOM, HD HD 1.6825 Double Final Re-Mixed version 2.347.
>>
>>340504453
Sadly this is hardly even an exaggeration at this point.
>>
>>340503704
For me, it's because I expect a game to be fully functional as a bare minimum. You can always point to games like Superman 64 or Sonic '06 as being worse than whatever else you're talking about but that's because those games are fucked beyond repair and arguably not even finished. You say DS2 and BBS are better than a lot of other games, which may be true, but most games are shovelware trash that aren't even worth discussing. Once you get past that and start looking exclusively into games that are actually made by a serious dev team with an adequate level of polish, then it comes down to mechanics and the implementation of those mechanics (i.e. the level and enemy design), which I happen to think BBS completely fails at in almost every category.

For what it's worth, I thought Neverland was a really well-done stage and better than it's been in any of its other iterations throughout the series. I also think BBS had a great soundtrack. But those things aren't enough to save it for me.
>>
>>340504546
Except each version of FFX/X-2 HD was different. They'd at the very least have to fix the bugs, crashes, loading times the HD has.
>>
>>340504630
Just an FYI to everyone, the FFX Remaster now has 4 versions for 4 different systems.
>>
>>340504750
Actually 3/Vita versions are pretty much the same because they were released at the same time
>>
>>340499865
man I can't wait to search things like reddit and twitter for KH3 reactions. They're all going to be so bad and all from people who only played 1 & 2
>>
>2016
>still playing kingpoop farts
>>
>>340504850
That won't be healthy anon. You think "Oh this will be funny", but you'll just feel anger and sadness.
>>
>>340504850
You really believe that SE would let one of their most highly anticipated titles ship in a state that's inaccessible to like 90% of their audience?

They're going to do everything they can to bring players up to speed on at least the critical details in the opening hours so that even people who have never touched a KH game will have at least a sense of what their objective is and the motive behind it, which is all most people really need.
>>
>>340504924
>2016
>still NOT playing kingpoop farts
>>
>>340504573
Well I didn't mean to compare it to Superman64 or anything. I don't know, I had fun screwing around with the mechanics because they were different enough from the previous games that they kept me interested. Maybe if I played it more I wouldn't enjoy it as much anymore.
>>
>there are people in this thread who liked coded
I knew /v/ had shit taste but come on
>>
>>340505607
Coded was a fun little game, yeah it was KH1 again but it had it's moments.
>>
>>340499939
No you can blame Nomura
>>
>>340505607
Gameplay was fun, and that's the most important thing in a game
>>
>>340504321
I hope

>havent touched kingdom hearts since KH2 on ps2 when I was an underaged loli
>2016
>dont want to buy a ps3 knowing Squeenix may or may not bring literally everything to PS4
>>
>>340505607
Except for KHIIFM, Re:coded is THE definitive KH experience for people who prioritize gameplay.
>>
>>340505607
>there are people who think recoded was better than days
>>
>>340496621
Incredibly shitty bosses that rely on 1-shotting stunlock combos to be hard instead of any fair difficulty
Bad controls inherent to handhelds
Deck system was dumb and too easy to be either useless or gamebreaking
>>
File: 1404542488943.jpg (20 KB, 317x330) Image search: [Google]
1404542488943.jpg
20 KB, 317x330
>>340506363
>there are people who think Days was good
>>
File: xemnasdisarm.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
xemnasdisarm.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
Here's that webm some guy requested a few days back. Let me know if you're here so I know if I should post it again in another thread. Sorry it took a while: I had some recording and encoding issues I had to figure out.
>>
Aqua>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naminé>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xion>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Dog shit eaten by a horse and shit out again by said horse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kairi
>>
Anyone got the hack tools the Vulpeus niggers use in Ux? I want to play the game but being gimped by shit medals because no jewels drains the motivation right out of me.
>>
File: sexual harassment.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sexual harassment.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>this guy walks up to you in the club and slaps your husbando's ass
wat do?
>>
>>340507035
Days has horseshit gameplay but everything else is great and the plot is awesome.
>>
>>340508590
>the plot is awesome
not as long as Xion exsits or doesn't
>>
>>340508483
Commend him on his amazing taste then proceed to invite him to a threesome.
>>
>>340508483
Oh so that's why it's called Slapshot.
>>
>>340503941
Even the multiplayer aspect is an utter mess. Almost every single character has a problem with damage output unless their name is Roxas or Saix(and Saix requires the endgame Keyblade plus four of the critical slots), everyone is just so slow and deal no damage or so fast that the enemy themselves have some iframes before they can take damage again, and then you have the secret characters who are even worse than the standard ones since they hit even worse but faster. Mickey is an excellent example, he jumps on every attack, he attacks so fast that the second hit that contacts doesn't actually damage from what I remember, it's a mess to actually land hits with him in the first place, and he does absolutely no damage in the slightest. Even Xion and Sora who should basically be a 1:1 to Roxas are somehow worse.
>>
>>340505607
yeah, /v/ is filled with people who prioritise story over gameplay nowadays. Obviously they would shit on coded with its inconsequencial plot
Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.