[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did John Carmack fuck up by leaving?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: GEYl71T5.jpg (52 KB, 531x531) Image search: [Google]
GEYl71T5.jpg
52 KB, 531x531
New Wolfenstein(s) and Doom were pretty solid. Is Occulus really the future of gaming John? I though you were smarter than this.
>>
>>340491598
New Order was ok, The Old Blood was kinda phoned in
>>
>I though you were smarter than this.

He isn't, I'm smarter than him.
>>
Nah after Rage the company was a wasteland.

VR will fizzle out but at least he's making lots of money.
>>
>>340491598
He doesn't care about vidya. He was always about developing graphics and VR is the newest thing.
>>
he was making doom in the 90's .. like he really wants to sit around and do the same old thing for decades. .... He's on to new horizons of his creativity and programming prowess.

It's not even a matter of being 'smarter than'. He's following his passion. Real people follow their passion as they evolve. Not stagnate over some successful template.

peace
>>
>>340491920
Did you play the new Doom? Its the only game this year I re-played again right after beating it.
>>
>>340492050
This, maybe he cares more about innovation than making money.
>>
Carmack doesn't care about games. He cares about programming.
>>
>>340492050
Agreed. Carmack is the type to push technical boundaries. It's a good opportunity to venture into uncharted waters and flex your brain on new problems.
>>
>>340492268
He's a nerd who never cared about all the millions he made with Doom and Quake.
He just bought cars becvause it's his hobby, but otherwise still kept living a simple nerd life.

His passion is always pushing technology forward.
>>
the only one who fucked up is Romero
>>
Funny how id's first engine made without him turned out to be incredible.
>>
>>340492479
>>340492363
>>340492268
>>340492050

Has Occulus really been THAT revolutionary? You guys sound like you have a lot of faith in what he is doing there. I guess from what I've seen I'm not impressed. VR is cool but it's not "there" yet. Maybe John will bring it to where I wish it would be.
>>
>>340492783

i don't see how occulus is so great, i have my pc mirrored onto my phone and it fits into a headset. it is fucking wireless and works just fine. problem is setting up the emulators to play castlevania in 3d
>>
>>340492731
He worked on Tech 6 though.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.