[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have an honest discussion about the new Homefront game
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
Can we have an honest discussion about the new Homefront game from people who've actually played the game? Preferably on PC?

Beta doesn't count. It was a crappy beta for a crappy MP mode with no relevance to the singleplayer campaign.

I liked it. I played on PC. Visuals were quite impressive. Graeme Norgate did a pretty good job with the music. The open world hit-and-run gameplay is pretty fun, although it does become a bit repetitive as you cause chaos in each zone.

I honestly enjoyed it more than any of Ubisoft's Far Cry games. It has a charm to it. It doesn't feel like a corporate designed-by-committee product, but rather a game made by a small team trying to do their best.
>>
Good thread
See you next time shill
>>
I'm playing it now, but I really don't like discussing it here since literally every thread about it here is very obviously made by a marketer.

It looks pretty.
It plays alright.
It's nothing special though.
Wasn't worth the pricetag.
>>
Some of the attention to detail in the character modelling is insane. There is a certain visual inconsistency you tend to get with open world games, but your character's gloved hands are some of the best gloved hands in videogames.
>>
>>340490786
What platform are you playing on?
>>
>>340490606
Have you played the game, anon? What are your thoughts, good or bad?
>>
>>
>>
>>340490918
pc.

I enjoyed the first game more than this one, actually.
>>
>>340491334
How do you feel about other open world "capture all the bases and shit" games like Ubisoft's Far Cry sequels and Metal Gear Solid V? What in particular makes you prefer the original game?
>>
>>340490786
>I'm playing it now, but I really don't like discussing it here since literally every thread about it here is very obviously made by a marketer.
Isn't that true of basically every "niche" game on /v/, though? You don't seriously think real people were making threads about Danganronpa 2?
>>
It's been mentioned a million times before, but this game has basically the best day/night cycle and weather system of any game released to date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yCCyhZeMGk
>>
>>340491647
It just makes the game more tedious. Modularity of the guns makes them not unique. I also preferred the story in the first game. It was more engaging.

>>340491748
At least make it not so fucking obvious.
>>
File: 100-constantine_meme.jpg (109 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
100-constantine_meme.jpg
109 KB, 700x700
The game has sold over 100,000 copies, and will likely sell decently in the Steam sale since the patches are fixing all the major problems.

How many copies does it need to sell before threads about it are not deemed to be shilling? Just asking in case I decide to make a thread after I finish the game. Or, you know, when the campaign DLC comes out.
>>
>>340492030
>It just makes the game more tedious.
I suppose that's a fair point. Open world busywork has been a controversial thing ever since GTA: SA thought it would be awesome to force players to engage in repetitive turf wars to proceed.
>Modularity of the guns makes them not unique.
I thought it gave them a pleasant "scrappy" quality. Like, you're using shitty, cobbled together weapons because all the good guns have DRM.
>I also preferred the story in the first game. It was more engaging.
That's an interesting point. Homefront 2 has a rather different approach to storytelling. Homefront 1 was about evil Koreans murdering people and brave freedom fighters fighting back. Homefront 2 is about vaguely oppressive technocratic Koreans oppressing people and asshole freedom fighters murdering people to claim back land they stole from the Indians in the first place.
>>
I bought the game for $40 with a Russian key. No regrets, although I wish they'd delayed the game a few weeks instead of launching and then patching.
>>
>>340490786
I wish there was a place to talk about the game. In particular, the tech the game is using. I'm very curious about how the game is handling stuff like global illumination and weather transitions and also how the game stacks up to Doom technologially. They seem to be using a lot of the same graphical tricks, which would make sense since Doom graphics are by Crytek's former lead graphics engineer, and Homefront is a Crytek UK game. For example, how is the game handling cloud reflections? And why are its cloud reflections decent while Fallout 4's are shit?
>>
>>340490526
>Graeme Norgate did a pretty good job with the music.
Graeme Norgate wrote the music for this game, and nobody gives a shit. That tells you how far /v/ has fallen. If a new TimeSplitters were released, /v/ would refuse to talk about it because "nobody gives a shit."
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.