[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: Disappointment.jpg (53 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Disappointment.jpg
53 KB, 460x215
What went wrong?
>>
>>340489795
>What went wrong?

No cadillacs.
>>
>>340489795
Shit is tedious as fuck.
Tame speed is garbage. Waste hours of real life to get a fucking dinosaur that's probably gonna die tomorrow if you play on a server.
Everything is fucking expensive to craft.
Snapping builds is fucking stupid no placements like rust.
Weather system is so retarded
Food and water drains way too quickly
Weight system is cancer
Anything else I miss?
>>
>see game on steam that looks kinda unique
>open world survival game with mounts, dinosaurs, combat, building shit
>sounds like a cool concept
>dem graphics are sick and footage shows people and dinos wrecking shit
>decide to buy it
>horribly optimized (can max all the settings because god tier rig but i can still tell)
>shitty servers and community
>base game is terrible and boring
>none of it is fun

I remember how all the player made servers boosted all resource and skilling up by 10 because the base game took too long and was shitty and boring

ive probably played for like a dozen hours with my friend and we literally didn't have any fun or get to do anything cool

its just a dank concept with shit execution at every level
>>
>>340490117
Oh also
Character customization is a real let down. Sure you can make your guy a fucking freak but there's no hair styles, beards, piercings or tatoos.
>>
File: iTlspRf.jpg (2 MB, 2550x1650) Image search: [Google]
iTlspRf.jpg
2 MB, 2550x1650
>>340489795
Nothing OP, just a new Dino announced 2 hours ago.
>>
>>340490198
The main server base game consisted of getting 100 wood/stone and going back and fourth to your shitshack. Gathering was the worst part of this game. And the fucking mats are overpricd as fuck.
>>
>>340489795
I think there was no problem with it actually. Well done successful game. Played with my GF for almost a month straight had good fun.
>>
>>340490548
Agreed, I don't want to be that guy but
>early access
Just wait till it's done if you don't like the product now, they have an amazing track record with putting content out and they aren't stopping anytime soon from the looks of it. I've already put in 1000 hours on an unofficial.
>>
>>340490465
Another dinosaur that'll take fucking decades to be put onto the game. Arent they planning t add 170+ new ones?
>>
>>340490117
That covers most of my problems. There's a certain sweet spot to hit the "Work to accomplishment" ratio. If you make accomplishment too fast then everyone will have the cool stuff, but if you make the work too long you'll have the bulk of players accomplish nothing, especially in a game where you can lose it all so fast. This game was skewed so hard towards the work side, the equation didn't add up to fun.

Also sucks that the game ran like shit. It had pretty effects, but my super rig needed to turn most of it to low to survive. Also loading screens took forever (I went to make a snack any time I had to load into a server and would come back with plenty of time to spare). Also it crashed. A lot.
>>
>>340490852
They put out the dinos pretty quickly actually, the 22nd we're getting the Titanosaur.
>>
File: 1464092946232.jpg (38 KB, 485x390) Image search: [Google]
1464092946232.jpg
38 KB, 485x390
ALLOSAURS WHEN
>>
>>340490883
I wouldn't mind the gathering tedium if it wasn't for the fucking weight system. I hate having to go back and fourth getting wood just to craft 3 foundations. It gets really boring especially when you're just starting off. And they could work to make Dinosaur taming better instead of X amount of drugs and X amount of kibble
>>
>>340491014
Is that the Giant bronto with plates on it's back? Heard the spawn rate is so fucking low that's even more rare than a Giga.
>>
>>340491014
They have never delivered on time. Ever. Not a single time has a patch dropped the day they claim it will, 100% of the time it is delayed and features pushed back to the "next" patch over and over.
I played the shit out of this game aboutbas hardcore as you can and it's just not worth making the grind a second time when you get a metal base and all your dinosaurs wiped. That first discovery phase is really fun if you have friends and enjoy survival games though it was well worth the Humble Monthly price I paid for it.
>>
I played for a while with some friend on server 3.

>taming takes way too long
>hunger/thirst/shitting should be removed
>land claiming with pillars is a major problem
>needs player customization

Building is really fun, though. I loved building bridges and safehouses for new players and seeing people using them.
>>
File: 1456284360776.jpg (85 KB, 492x379) Image search: [Google]
1456284360776.jpg
85 KB, 492x379
>>340491073
Not fucking soon enough.
Still waiting on it and the Baryonyx
>>
>>340489795
>EARLY
>ACCESS
>OPEN
>WORLD
>SURVIVAL
I named five right there :^)
>>
>>340491605
>Shitting should be removed
>>
>>340491450
Yeah no one knows the spawn rate yet, or anything about it really besides how big it is, looks like good fun.
>>340491580
Oh come on, the patches are at the most a day late, as fast as they still put shit out it's kinda baffling they're given as much shit as other early access titles which take MONTHS to put out fucking anything worthwhile.
>>
>>340491756
But this one had Dinosaurs in it Anon. It was slightly better than the other zombie ones :^)
>>
File: 1465028654761.jpg (227 KB, 1294x1230) Image search: [Google]
1465028654761.jpg
227 KB, 1294x1230
>>340489795
Way too time consuming, even for a turbo NEET like me and that's saying quite a lot. I've put in hundreds of hours before i realized there really wasn't anything meaningful or fun to do. You waste like 48 hours of your life to tame a shitty Dino just to lose it due to shitty game mechanics or some to asshole in PvP. I think it had potential but this game is currently absolute diarrhea.
>>
You can literally make the game unplayable for others as long as you keep watch on them. How many games can you ambush people, knock them out, drag them to your cave, lock them in a cage, and force them to stay there forever occasionally force-feeding them to make sure they don't die of hunger? Their only option is to spam their chat and mocrophones in delocious rage in an attempt to annoy me.
>>
I don't play it on official servers because of

>Grindy as fuck
>Raided while offline every time
>Taming speed is shitbags

The game also runs like COMPLETE ASS on a 5930k & 2x 980 Ti. (Still no SLI support). They still haven't added DX12 support when they've been saying it'd of been in by november.

Even with my complaints ive still played over 200 hours in it so I guess I can't call it a bad game, just one with many flaws that could be so much better.
>>
>>340491756
I thought the same too, till I played it and saw how active the devs were. Regardless I doubt your opinion will change, but you really should open your eyes, I believe these guys are one of the few doing early access right. Much better than mother fucking Tripwire and killing floor 2.
>>
>>340491789

It comes across like a dumb joke more than a mechanic. You just randomly shit a giant turd through your clothes.
>>
>>340492093
This. It's so random to just take a shit in your nice, clean house. Also they gotta tone down the hunger and thirst loss. Really rediculous that you're near starving on a timespan of 5 minutes of walking.
>>
There is so much wrong with Ark
>Optimization issues
>Draw distance issues, even on max settings
>Terrible netcode
>Game is way too bloated (~45GB)
>Pacing is shit
>Balancing issues (Have to wear fur armor in the winter areas instead of armor, winter areas also have wolves which are some of the toughest enemies to fight in the game)
>Laggy, shitty UI, 2 seconds to interact with something to click on it (Lag is present even on localhost and on minimum settings)
>Weight
>Have to research every bit of building you can build
>Walls, foundations, windows, etc, are WAY TOO FUCKING EXPENSIVE and the materials required to build them are too heavy to carry around a reasonable amount.
>>
>>340491793
Really? It can't be that fucking hard to model dinosaurs and copy paste their behavior patterns. These guys have great ideas but they will hit the wall just like every other survival game where they need to fix something they can't because of a shitty engine or add content they can't because their promises are too big.
The major releases so far have been fanmade maps and game modes that they take and make "Official."
>>
>>340489795
The level system makes the game a living hell in all ways.

You end up with everyone going for Lv120 tames and then you have Level 300 MegaRapaSauruses stomping around.

Remove level system from dinosaurs and players entirely and the game might be fun.
>>
>>340492018
Was about to uninstall the game until I heard unofficial seevers increase gathering and tame speed. Had to start over but it was such a relief not grinding my ass off only to get it raided by no-life dickheads that shit their pants to play 24/7.
>>
>>340492243

It was really bad during that winter event when the whole map was cold. New people spawned and died in like ten minutes and the developers never commented on it.

Also the alpha tribes ruined that event by taking all the gifts and killing anyone nearby.
>>
>>340492093
But feces is vital for many things. You can kill yourself with it if you get captured, or use it in a compost bin.
>>
>>340492307
A bit of an exaggeration anon, only 2 mods have been made official and only 1 was a map. We've gotten map changes for the dev map and are getting more this month. As for the dinos, it's hard to say what goes into each one, but I cannot imagine it's just as simple as copy pasting it. The models are pretty fucking detailed and well animated for what they are. I really really hope these guys become the shining star, the one dev that said fuck you to the naysayers and release the game in the holiday like planned.
>>
>>340492495

Dinosaurs can still shit, but I don't really want us to have to.

They could always make a suicide pill or something.
>>
>>340492467
Those Neet alpha tribes are the fucking worst. How can they have the time to grind for a disgusting amount of time to the point they got full metal behemoth gated base and 200+ dinosaurs? And this was on an Official server.
>>
>>340489795
It's shit. That's what went wrong.
>>
The limited time events are fucking cancer, entire days of grind rolled back every time because they dont playtest their bullshit. If anyone here actually attempted to take part in the easter event will understand how shitty these devs really are. They're fucking SJW Twitter jockeys too.

How about the Giganodosaur and its ridiculous fucking stats that throws balance out the window? The game is a shitshow and early access isn't a valid excuse on this level of bullshit design decisions
>>
>>340492495
Why not have an optional suicide button in your wheel incase you get trapped? I don't like takig complete random shits in my house. Also I can get fertilizer from a dung beetle and other Dinosaurs.
>>
>>340492629
>Quick Jerry, take your cyanide pill before you pass out!
>>
>>340492641
They cost a lot less and the retards didnt reset servers when they made them cost a ridiculous amount of metal, so the alphas have a leg up and always will until they hard reset official servers.
>>
File: 1463419782216.jpg (35 KB, 379x397) Image search: [Google]
1463419782216.jpg
35 KB, 379x397
>Ignore online play where faggots with too much time to lose can wipe your everything while you're sleeping
>Start a local server with 2 bros
>infinite fun

Playing on official servers sounds pretty shitty so I can understand the bad experience people were having.
>>
>>340492859
Isn't the Gigga suppose to be an end-game Dinosaur? Same with the Mosso and Quetzal. They're a pain in the ass to tame and are suppose to be the main hulk of a raid. But riding them is atupid because too much damage on a Giga will cause it to rage killing the rider and other tribemates around it.
>>
>>340489795
Is this game any good? because it is the 5th most played game on steam atm.
>>
>>340492641

On server 3 the alpha tribe was/is DVS and they have hundreds of dinosaurs and multiple Gigas.

If you kissed their ass and played along with their ego they'd give you scraps, but they forbid you from getting too big and no one else was allowed to own a Giga.

You'd think they paid for the damn server with the way they controlled things.
>>
>>340492307

Very few dinosaurs even share animations. The only one I can think of is Compy and Raptor. The compy is pretty much a tiny raptor to begin with. All of the dinosaurs coming out have some unique feature to them and look very good, along with having unique animations and sound effects.

I am missing the sheep noises of the helmet dinos though
>>
Never played but from comments sounds like MU Online on official servers.
>>
>>340493304
>is the 5th most played game on steam
why?
>>
>>340493315
You'd think the dev's would have an online mod/admin devision to monitor servers to get rid of these alpha shitters because it's such bullcrap that when new people get into a server and build up they just learn that they gotta abide to the rules of an autistic, 30 year old basement dwelling faggot in the bigger tribe.
>>
>>340493246
That's the idea but even considering that concept the giga is ridiculously overpowered to the point that players without a giga themselves are immediately fucked. It can chew through structures more effectively than any tool in the game, why?
>>
>>340493550
I think there's too many official servers for that kind of manpower sadly.
>>
>>340489795
No feathered dinosaurs
>>
>>340493304

Yes and no. All these complaints are valid, but sometimes it's really fun to wander around and explore and ride a fucking dinosaur.

Spinos are amazing in this game, by the way.
>>
>>340493526
Because you have to devote hundreds of hours to do anything and they gave it away cheap on the humble bundle
>>
>>340493659
Can't be that hard to skim through all the servers. Plus they can see through the complaints on the forums of so and so's Tribeocking up new players in cages and forbidding them from getting to their level. It's fucking absurd you arent allowed to play on a server because somd neckbearded fatass is in a more established faction.
>>
>>340493897
The thing is no matter what the guy who plays more or has more people is always going to have power, even if the game was just spears and dinos. I do agree though, the devs are testing some servers now with offline raid protection.
>>
>>340493897
There's nothing wrong with that and it's completely intended that you can lock someone down as long as you have the time and supplies to keep them so.
>>
>>340493897

The biggest problem is them placing metal pillars to claim land all over the place so you can't build anywhere.
>>
>>340490117
I just play it solo and tweak the sliders to speed things up.
>>
>>340489795
No released dinosaur sex animations.
>>
>just play the pussy easy modes with higher rates and zero risk!
yeah that appeals to some people I guess.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.