[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished playing through Assassin's Creed and II. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8
File: Altaïr.jpg (19 KB, 450x288) Image search: [Google]
Altaïr.jpg
19 KB, 450x288
Just finished playing through Assassin's Creed and II. I don't think I wanna go through the whole series since I'm given to understand that it' more or less the same game every year now with all the good stuff discarded and shit stuff repeated.

But, for the first two, I enjoyed them. Setting is fucking fantastic, I've never played any other game set in Israel. Italy was bretty cool too. Story was pretty average and characters were meh. But the gameplay was what made it for me. It had issues but it got there and I love collecting and unlocking stuff so I was into it.

But here's the question? Is it worth playing Brotherhood and Revelations? I kinda wanna see how Ezio and Desmond's story will play out.

Also AssCreed general
>>
BroHo is fun even though it feels more like a big expansion pack of 2, and Revelations isn't a very interesting game.
>>
Black Flag is definitely worth playing.
>>
Don't. There's no reason to play past 2.

You might want to pirate the pirate themed one, because it's entertaining for a few hours, but that's it.

Assassin's Creed is a horrible franchise.
>>
>>340487965
From this point on just watch the cutscenes/movie on youtube, it'll save you the trouble. Maybe pick up black flag, maybe.
>>
>I kinda wanna see how Desmond's story will play out

You poor, innocent soul.
Just don't get your hopes up. It's pretty shit from AC2 onwards, especially in AC3 (Desmond's story ends in 3).

And yes Brotherhood and Rev were among the least terrible games from the franchise.
>>
>>340487965
Brotherhood is the last good one, and better than 2, the rest are just rehashes
>>
>>340487965
Everything but Black Flag, Unity, and Syndicate are worth playing. Don't listen to this faggot >>340488170 unless you hust can't get enough of tailing and eavesdropping.
>>
>>340487965
both just retread II, once in Rome, and once in Istanbul. I personally found Istanbul more interesting a place to explore, but they're both pretty lackluster compared to II
>>
>>340488389
*JUST
>>
File: acrev.jpg (159 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
acrev.jpg
159 KB, 1920x1080
Brotherhood is really good, it only has one free roam city but the missions are varied and get pretty colorful. It feels like Assassin's Creed 2.5 but in the best way possible

Revelations on the other hand is kind of stupid. Gameplay improvements are nearly useless besides the hook and there's some really half-assed additions like bomb crafting and a horrible real-time strategy minigame. Desmond's story doesn't really go anywhere and they try to force development out of Clay/Subject 16 even though there's enough cryptic side content in the previous games for this to not be necessary. Not to mention the plot of Ezio watching Altair's memories while Desmond watches is contrived as fuck. It makes for a great scene near the end of the game (pic related) but it's just shitty fanservice because YO DAWG I HEARD YOU LIKE RELIVING YOUR ANCESTOR'S MEMORIES SO WE PUT YOUR ANCESTOR'S ANCESTOR'S MEMORIES IN YOUR ANCESTOR'S MEMORIES SO YOU CAN RELIVE YOUR ANCESTOR'S ANCESTOR'S MEMORIES WHILE YOU RELIVE YOUR ANCESTOR'S MEMORIES.

If you want closure on Ezio just watch the Embers short
>>
>>340489105
Spoiler that pic next time, you fucking faggot
>>
File: 1419655935750.jpg (387 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1419655935750.jpg
387 KB, 1920x1080
op

my son

don't listen to >>340488389

he knows not what he speaks

4 was the best game in the series, bar none.
>>
>>340489542
>4 was the best game in the series
Get off of Edward's dick for a second, sailor.

Black Fag was teeming with tailing missions. Fucking full of them.

The only reason fags like you like it is because you get to play as a pirate.
>>
How long do Bro and Rev go for? Shorter than II?
>>
>>340487965
Desmond gets stabbed to death and his story line dropped

I saved you a lot of time and anger right there
>>
>>340487965
I enjoyed Revelations, and it is pretty short.
Brotherhood gameplay is better.

ACIII fucking sucks, but Tyranny of King Washington is fun to play.

ACIV is great.

I always wanted to play Unity.

Syndicate is terrible.
>>
>>340489791
>[insert AssCreed of your choice] was teeming with tailing missions. Fucking full of them

ftfy
>>
File: EzioA.png (215 KB, 439x538) Image search: [Google]
EzioA.png
215 KB, 439x538
2 and Brotherhood are worth it.
Revelations is boring and forgettable, only good if you want to know more about Altair.
That said, older Ezio is pretty handsome
>>
>>340490114
If you've played the others and IV, you'd notice the difference.
>>
>>340490130
Too bad about Revelations Desmond
>>
I'm not a big fan of Black Flag like most of /v/

I think the series peaked with 3 and BF regressed in a lot of ways, sailing was comfy, but very repetitive.
>>
>>340490417
Get ready for a shitstorm of terrible opinions if this thread lasts.

I agree, though.
>>
File: Assassins-Creed-Desmond-Miles.jpg (360 KB, 1920x1042) Image search: [Google]
Assassins-Creed-Desmond-Miles.jpg
360 KB, 1920x1042
>>340490391
It's like he was a different character in every game
>>
Last year i played through them all, not quite back to back but certainly in fairly quick succession. The best way to do so is just mainline the story and only do enough side crap to get you through, its not worth hanging around.

My major criticism is that the overarching meta-plot is quite interesting but for a long time the series did almost nothing with it. Hopefully the year off gives them time to regroup.
>>
>>340490614
Isn't that 3 Desmond? He was fuckugly in Revelations.
>>
>>340490306
I've played through 1, the Ezio trilogy, and a little bit of Rogue

4's tailing missions didn't feel more numerous to me than any of the others.
>>
>>340490417
The combat in 3 was fun.
I honestly to get all the hate it got.
It was definitely better than the counterattack shitfest it was the previous games.
>>
>>340487965
If I were you I'd for sure play brotherhood. Then if you want more Ezio, or Ezio in a new city play revelations. If you still want more after that, skip 3 and play 4. I haven't played unity or syndicate so I cant comment on them.
>>
>>340490731
Horseshit. It was like every other mission.
>>
>>340487965
Desmond becomes an angel and gets superpowers, then massacres a lot of people who never directly influenced his life who are office workers and security guards for the new age Templars before running away even though he could now literally solve every problem he has with magic.
This is not a joke or exaggeration.
>>
File: DesmondBlackRoom3.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DesmondBlackRoom3.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>340490685
Yeah, it's 3.
This is him in Rev.
>>
>>340487965
Play Brotherhood, and only play Revelations if you REALLY want to know how Ezio's story ends.
Only play if you REALLY want to know how Desmond's story ends.
Then ignore EVERYTHING else and play 4.
>>
>>340490417
The Ezio saga is definitely the best trilogy of the Assassins Creed games.
>>
>>340490731
There were definitely more tailing missions, the only difference is that they were on a ship this time.
>>
>>340490932
>Only play 3
I meant.
>>
>>340490773
Syndicate is fucking awful.

Slow traversal, even with the zipline SHAKABRAH, ridiculously cartoony Templars, a lame story, "progressive" dialog from both female playable characters, and a crossdressing dyke character for no reason.
>>
>>340487965
>It's another everyone suggest AC3: More Boats and Tailing Missions Edition episode
>>
>>340487965
You must be busy, I understand
>>
>>340491210
>implying IV didn't have much more of both
>>
>>340487965
Play black flag and Rouge.
>>
>>340489385
"No books, no secret knowledge. Just you frateo mio."
>>
Revelations isn't as poor as I think peeps are making it out to be, but it is the start of the decline. The way the story culminates in it with old Ezio, Altair, and Desmond, their backgrounds and timeline wise was really something special. The formula just barely got tweaked and started to run amok. I know Brotherhood's better on most levels but I really loved Revelations.

I still say AssRed 1 was a prototype, and they really got their bearings with 2. 3 has glimmers of greatness but just felt like a big mess....
>>
>>340489791
>The only reason fags like you like it is because you get to play as a pirate.
Duh.

Are you stupid or something?
>>
>>340491320
Rogue, yes. Fuck Black Flag.

Rogue does everything better, aside from the pirate theme.
>>
>>340489791
Most people agree that the main story in Black Flag sucks but more than makes up for it in Pirate side content
>>
File: OldSpiceGuy.gif (898 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
OldSpiceGuy.gif
898 KB, 200x200
>>340491181
>both female playable characters
>>
>>340491534
>aside from the pirate theme
That's the reason to play it.
>>
>>340491309
That was the implication dingus
>>
>>340491505
Take that theme and replace it with something less mainstream and even normies like yourself would recognize IV for what it is - shit.
>>
>>340491630
I actually liked Jacob, to a certain extent. I was referring to the Frye twins' incest baby in WWI
>>
>>340489385
>Spoiler that pic next time, you fucking faggot
Fuck off, I'm doing OP a favor.
>>
>>340491610
It doesn't, though.

>>340491649
Fuck off.
>>
>>340491717
>a lot of people likes it
>they're all normies
How the fuck can you even come to such an idiotic conclusion? Replace the theme? The theme made it good you brain dead mongoloid. Its what made it stood out.
>>
>>340492075
>The theme made it good you brain dead mongoloid. Its what made it stood out
Exactly my point, dumbass
>>
>>340492240
Though I wouldn't say it made it "good". Tolerable, at best.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.