[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all know the next FromSoft's game is going to be set
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11
File: Metal Souls.jpg (147 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Metal Souls.jpg
147 KB, 1024x576
We all know the next FromSoft's game is going to be set in the future.
Drop your ideas for Metal Souls.
>Story
>Mechanics
>Weapons and items
>>
Please, FromSoft, just make armored core like 1,2 and 3 again. AC4 and 5 just don't do the series justice.
>>
it's just going to be armored core
>>
I want them to take a break with Souls for atleast 5 or so years.
>>
Licensed berserk or castlevania games would be the only souls games if be prepared to play at this point. 5 of the same game is easily enough. I'd prefer if From made something new.
>>
I fucking love Souls games, but its ENOUGH.

Maybe in like.. 3 or 4 years.
>>
Chromehounds re-make/remaster
>>
Prefer them to take a few years to go back, refine their formula, develop something new and big, also to prevent Souls from growing too stale
>>
>>340487281
what is this picture from?
>>
>>340487281
>yfw its set in the future but its just mecha-undead linking the same flame
>all DaS bosses brought back with cyber attachments
>>
>Dodge roll replaced with an incredibly fast phase out/teleport like mechanic
>Uses no stamina or anything as such, is infinite use rapidly in as fast a succession as you can pull off
>Only 1-3 iframes because of this, incredibly strict dodge timings

>60fps because of this

>Guns are primary weapons, many many different flavours and variations of crossbow likes, laser likes, machine guns, pistols, rockets, etc etc

>Shields that reflect bullets back at opponents

>Melee weapons a big part of the game, very high damage, but the players choosing to go melee only will find certain aspects more difficult

>You can run up walls
>Jump is an active part of gameplay, you can jump whenever you like

>Game is absolutely full on, pretty much a bullet hell RPG, all about fast dodging through and around fire
>>
File: her comex.jpg (183 KB, 972x821) Image search: [Google]
her comex.jpg
183 KB, 972x821
>In the distant stars, the Station was found.
>No one knows who built the Station or why it was built.
>From the Station a system virus has begun to infect machinery across the universe.
>You are The Probe. A automaton designed to explore The Station, built to withstand the immense gravitational field that surrounds it.
>Because of the field, time warps and churns through The Station. You might meet other Probes from different times, places, and planets.
>Your mission is to uncover the cause of The Virus in the Station, it's automated systems have mostly succumbed to the Virus, and now rampage.
>however you can come across Probes who have not yet succumbed to the Virus.

AnimaBorne for the PS4 coming 20-Never
>>
>>340487984
it's fanart
>>
Lost kingdoms 3
>>
Somebody is already making a future Souls-like game, from whoever made Lords of the Fallen. The MC has an exoskeleton and modifies it with robot parts he gets from enemies.
>>
They should take at least 3 years off.
But if I were to make Metal Souls mechanics I would do:
>start off as a withered old robot
>have to scavenge parts from defeated enemies to upgrade yourself
>instead of leveling, have an energy meter that you have to manage in order to use the parts that you want for your robot,more powerful parts consume more energy, gathering the cores of the boss mechs increases your energy meter
>Maxing out on your energy meter bogs you down so you have to hold a balance in order to be efficient

I'd love to see this in a souls game personally.
>>
>You're a robot awoken from a capsule in a destroyed city
> Cut your way through broken but still functioning enemy robots
>Ends up in an underground lab
>Greeted by the waifu of the game, a robot lady made to take care of you. She was actually a human
>Your purpose is to help what has left of humanity
>You can side with robots or humans and it will determine the ending.
Mechanics
>Same as Bloodborne but much faster
>Every piece of you is a weapon. You can collect pieces from fallen enemy robots and add them to you
>Magic replaced with lasers
>Arrows replaced with missiles

No over the top fantasy.
>>
>>340488023
...No. Just no to all of it.
>>
File: happy.gif (838 KB, 500x260) Image search: [Google]
happy.gif
838 KB, 500x260
>>340487281
>>Story
Basically the plot for 9. Machines rose up took souls, you play as an augmented human tasked with taking down the master control system. Your robot half keeps you coming back however without a soul in you your performance is stagnated, in that vein the more souls you have the more powerful you are. The game takes place inside both cyberspace and the real world but for all intensive purposes the firelink is in cyberspace. The machines binded to actual fantasy creatures, so you have cyborg dragons among other things as well as insane robots made by the master system. Though you've been programmed to shut down the machines you can defy your programming and become a new master system.

>Mechanics
Amour and poise play a big roll this time around as enemies are harder to flinch. There are beam weapons and steel, beam stacks on damage but doesn't stagger, steel staggers easier but is heavier. magic and guns work the same way they do in bloodborne and DS3
>>
File: 1463103323103.png (486 KB, 800x676) Image search: [Google]
1463103323103.png
486 KB, 800x676
>"Hello S-0UL. You are the product of many generations of work. You are the Singularity. You have achieved self awareness to rival humanity. "
>I may just be a recording, and that's because we decided that robots could not live among humans.
>You have been turned on because the Global Network no longer detects sufficient human life signs within the Earth Grid.
>You are now in charge of the Earth. We have left a number of depots across the globe for you to use as you will.
>Thrive S-0UL. The World is yours.
>-End Message-

>Doors open to an overgrown jungle. As you step out, and half-finish robot sitting on a rock greets you in a despondent voice.
>Oh look, another one. You're not the first Chromic to come out into the sunlight. Each one went wandering out looking for those depots, they either disappear or comeback battered and broken. Just like me.
>Heh heh heh.
>>
File: thesurge-01.jpg (392 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
thesurge-01.jpg
392 KB, 1366x768
Already in development
>>
>>340487656
>>340487768
>>340487963
This. I love Souls games and if you keep giving me new lore, areas and weapons/armor sets, I can keep on playing them no questions asked. But if they keep making them every 1-2 years it's gonna get stale real quick. They need to take a break from it for at least a few years and then come back to it. And as much as I loved DS3, the next one needs to have as little callbacks to previous games as possible.
>>
>>340488023
Just play mg rising
>>
>>340488271
>The MC has an exoskeleton and modifies it with robot parts he gets from enemies.

Funny, I had that exact same idea. I figured after the whole transforming weapons in Bloodborne if From ever made another Souls game a good way to follow it up would be in the future with some type of cyborg that changes his actual body.

I hope those developers paid serious attention to all the shit Lords had wrong with it though.
>>
Light Souls, takes place in heaven you fight angels and Holy shit.
>>
File: image.png (227 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
227 KB, 920x900
>>340487557
>I WANT THEM TO TAKE A BREAK, SPECIALLY BECAUSE THEIR NEXT GAME WONT BE COMING TO MY PLATFORM

you would like that, wouldn't you?

you god damn pcuck...
>>
File: spongebob.png (596 KB, 540x423) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.png
596 KB, 540x423
>>340489138
>Western shit
>>
>>340487281
>>Mechanics
Vanquish levels of speed through a mix of built in booster jets and super fast grapple hooks built into some weapons.
>>
File: 1.jpg (56 KB, 640x399) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
56 KB, 640x399
A game where you play as Micolash, please
>>
>>340489586
shit, wrong person, oh well
>>
>>340489138
The thread is about sci-fi SOULS, not sci-fi Lords of the Flop.
>>
just make it like dead space
>>
File: .webm (608 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
.webm
608 KB, 640x480
>>340487281
Armored core souls with mechs having weight
>>
>>340488028
Fuck you for getting me interested.
>>
Gameplay Mechanic Idea: Basically there should be a damage/stat bonus depending on how many souls you are carrying. So you'll hit significantly harder is you have 10K+ souls on you that way you entice the player to run around with fucktons of souls on them and risk shit
>>
Another FromSoft game with a Moonlight Greatsword
>>
>>340490708
Thats stupid, never post again.
>>
>>340488023
You're in the wrong thread, kid
>>
>>340492039
How is that any different from the item discovery boost from carrying around extra humanity or the buffed stats from going around in human form?
>>
>>340487281
they're done making souls games bro
>>
>>340492039
wrong person meant to reply to>>340491363
>>
It seems Bloodborne perfected the formula.

t b h just give us another Armored Core in the vein of 4/FA
>>
>>340492128
Yeah i'm sure they'll start making armored core games which don't even sell 50% of what Souls game sell.

Just accept your shitty franchise is dead and move on.
>>
File: chillaxin.jpg (573 KB, 2560x1650) Image search: [Google]
chillaxin.jpg
573 KB, 2560x1650
>Mech games set in a far off dying world.
>Low tech/dirty aesthetics.
>Story telling much like BLAME! with also emphasis on exploration and discovery.
>Heavy mech customization, using scrap from fallen foes as currency. Like an enhanced and more balanced version of Chromehounds customization.
>Mixture of large open landscapes and circular level design in urban environments.
>Each mech chassis has its own fully modeled cockpit.

Gameplay is up in the air, probably mech movement similar to hawken but more restrictive and strategic. However not as sloggish as mechwarrior.

From needs a better way to tell a story without resorting item descriptions and use something more immersive. Not everything is going to have a post it note explaining what it is you're looking at.

It's my dream game anyway, it will never happen so I might as well forget about it.
>>
I'd really like to see their take on a sci fi dungeon crawler. Kind of like a Legends of Grimrock but in space. Exploring a spooky spaceship and alien planets would be real fucking neato.
>>
>>340492120
Humanity and Human Form were a completely separate mechanic from soul count. That's the difference.

ANYWHO.

I think the player should be some kind of Android. There's an automated factory that keeps pumping them out, and a cloud network that keeps backing up their AI, so that every time you get scrapped you're implanted into a fresh body.

AIs that keep getting downloaded into new bodies over and over go fucking nuts as time goes on, unable to find release or fulfill their programmed directive, and it's the ultimate goal of the Player to shut down the automated systems that build the Androids.

The Level Up mechanic is the result of the fact that the bodies created by the Machine are mass produced and kind of shitty as a result. As you kill enemies and gain the McGuffin (Let's call it Ghost Data, to fit the theme of the previous games) that allows these AI to go off the rails, the player can hack into the Machine's programming to give it different directions when rebuilding you, making your android body permanently stronger, faster, or equipped with more processing power for Thought (Int).

Body Form/Humanity is some kind of weird luminescent lichen that begins to coat older machines that have gone a long time without being scrapped and rebuilt. It seems to be radioactive, and has some sort of extra dimensional qualities. Killing a boss (or just finding the stuff lying around) allows the plant matter to cover the player's body, providing the ability to act as a relay to call other Androids to your aid from throughout the Machine. Androids are assembled on the spot through some kind of Transmaterial Relay system, essentially downloaded into reality near your position, but beware. There are others who may want to cultivate this strange life-form for their own uses, and they may seek to track down and scrap you for it.

If you die, you're reassembled, without the flora.
>>
I want a boss fight against one of those Sorayama Gynoids.

I see it as like Dancer, but with more lasers.
>>
File: safeguard.jpg (1 MB, 1119x1600) Image search: [Google]
safeguard.jpg
1 MB, 1119x1600
>>340495170
I want a Nihei-inspired setting with huge empty structures and crazy, slightly organic machines.

Look at this shit and tell me it isn't Souls as fuck.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.