[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the exact moment you noticed this was a good souls game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini[1].jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini[1].jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
What is the exact moment you noticed this was a good souls game?

For me it was:
>Die for the first time
>I didn't get a meme trophy saying "le welcome to dark souls"
>>
>>340480108

>meme
>le

Literally who talks like this now?
>>
>>340480242
strawmen don't exist silly
>>
>>340480242
Dark souls 2 developers
>>
>>340480108
I knew this was gonna be good shit as soon as I met Iudex Gundyr.
>>
>>340480108
>>340480242
>>340480473
Actually this seriously happened to me.
I just can't look at DaS2 without thinking about reddit's logo. I can almost see the B team reading reddit posts and meme youtube videos as they work in the game.
>hey let's just le put a lot of le enemies here so reddit will make a lot of le epic fail videos xD
>Why are you saying "le"?
>lmao look at this newf*g he doesnt know about reddit... *raises pawn*... we lejun

Dark souls 3 has way too many memes too, to be honest. Even though they are way more bearable than the literal memefest DaS2 was.
>Le solaire armor set
>Le Havel the rock
I am pretty sure at least ONE meme spouter from the B team who worked on DaS2 got to work in DaS3 somehow.
>>
>>340482043
The amount of projection in this post is saddening.
>>
>>340482043
XD so true
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1797x1449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1797x1449
>>340480108
What is the exact moment you realized Dark Souls 3 panders way more than Dark Souls 2 ever did and people will hypocritically call Bloodborne a game with "Style over Substance" when Dark Souls 3 is the best example of it.

>Read Aldritch's Soul's description
>Age of the deep
>hey this sounds cool, I wanna look for more lore on this age of the deep
>find out there's nothing more about it and for most of the lore it's either references to Dark Souls 1 or shit that gets one sentence of lore without getting expanded on at all (pilligrim butterflies, age of the deep, etc.)
>even the age of the deep is just another reference to another From game
>>
>>340482535
At least the pandering in that image is kind of cool. It's way WAY better than dark souls 2 items description.

>Find an item from dark souls 1
>"this item was used long ago and no one knows anything about this... or maybe someone does????????????????!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?"
>>
>>340482535
It's a reference to Bloodborne, but you could also read it as the "true" abyss from Dark Souls 1.

I hope.
>>
Then you talk to the guy near the gate that leads to Road of Sacrifices and he pretty much repeats the whole "you will die a lot XD" meme
>>
>>340480108
When I got to the Cathedral of the Deep.
>>
>>340482535
ds2 item desc
>old item from long ago, who could hold such a powerful item of LEGEND!!! :DDD
ds3 item desc
>actual fucking information or interesting lore instead of epin old times!!!!
>>
File: 1463966562167.jpg (17 KB, 285x324) Image search: [Google]
1463966562167.jpg
17 KB, 285x324
>>340483136
Mild Bobby Sauce
>Strange liquid found in a pineapple under the sea. Apply to right hand weapon to soil it.

>No-man's Wharf was once a bustling hotbed for commerce and trade, until one day a curious individual soiled it. It is said he was absorbant and yellow; an eccentric from the distant Xanthous lands, perhaps?
>>
>>340483136
nice samefag >>340484221
>>
>>340485145
Not him but it's not really samefagging if he's replyingto someone else. You'reallowed to post more than once in a thread you know.
>>
>>340480108
When I played it for a couple hours and had fun with it.
>>
so what is the up with the pilgrim butterflies?
>>
File: based stonecold.gif (630 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
based stonecold.gif
630 KB, 200x200
Some guys have some kind of item that shows where the red phantoms are. It looks like a flying red eye, how do they do that?
>>
>>340487243
Nobody really knows. Seems like they're Londor or at least abyss shit though. Farron/Wolf Knight gear does bonus damage to Dragonslayer Armor which implies abyssal alignment.
>>
>>340487451
That's the Darkmoon Blades. Perk of being the police I guess, not really an item at all.
>>
>>340484221
ds2 item desc
> "Soul of the Pursuer, who lurks in Drangleic. The Pursuer, who seeks the bearer of the sign, will not rest until his target is slain.
Use the special soul of the Pursuer to acquire numerous souls, or to create something of great worth."

ds3 item desc
>Soul of Vordt of the Boreal Valley.

>One of the twisted souls, steeped in strength.

>Use to acquire many souls, or transpose to extract its true strength.

>Vordt served as an outrider knight, never far from the fleeting dancer.

Seems like the same shit senpai.
>>
>>340488174
A huge portion of Ds2 descriptions end with a question and refer to "ancient forgotton shitto creary from dahk sours wan but we neva terr!" It got old really quickly.
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 240x320
>>340488592
The problem isndark souls 2 references dark souls one blatantly and then ends with a question or a "but no one truly knows/remembers". Dark Souls 3 just straight up references dark souls 1 shit left and Right while adding no lore.

Same shit, different anus.
>>
>>340488592
DaS2:
>Ultra Greatsword forged from the soul of the Fume Knight.
>The Exile swordsman Raime had the ability to expunge the black fog, but chose to live alongside it, in company of the child of dark that haunts his sword

DaS3:
>This twisted sword, the heaviest of all ultra greatswords, resembles black slate.

>This weapon, said to belong to a traitor from long ago, was so heavy that it found no owner, and became a forgotten relic of history.

It's the same fucking shit, stop sperging.
>>
>>340480108
During the Vordt fight and the music picks up with the vocals
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.