[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You know it's true
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (2 MB, 1286x855) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1286x855
You know it's true
>>
>>340476276

Yes.

But for what it was, Nuts and Bolts was fucking great for its time.
>>
>>340476447
This
>>
>>340476447
N&B is one of those "good game, but not a good _____ game". It still had the humor though.
>>
>>340476276
if anything this would make more sense if the remaining people still alive that worked on the original trilogy came together to make a spiritual successor to sw named "galactic warfare" or something like that
>>
You could make that equivalence with any series with a reboot.
>>
>>340476276
But the new Star Wars was garbage
>>
>>340476884
let me guess

>niggers kikes jews feminism mary sue!

was the reason you hated it? Or was it prequelbabby logic?
>>
>>340476884
Exactly, and Yooka is gonna be shit too.

Can anyone name anything good about it without resorting to nostalgia? Thought not.
>>
https://youtu.be/4O4PehfP-JE
>>
>>340476979

My reason is because it is Episode IV almost verbatim.
>>
>>340476979
I didn't like it because it was all boring and everything was all callbacks to four BUT BIGGER CUS IT HAS TO BE BIGGER CUS JJ ABRAMS IS A BIG DIRECTOR GUISE
>>
Wow, it really works.
>>
>>340477314
No it doesn't, shut up Boco.
>>
>>340477410

Yes sir...
>>
>>340476742
I feel like it would have been perceived well if leading up to it wasn't advertising BK3
>>
>>340476276

There's nothing wrong with that

I liked Episode 6 and looking forward to 7 and 8
>>
>>340476979
It's a blatant rehash of IV
Rey is a Mary Sue
Phasma does nothing
Max Kanata is just exposition and disappears into nothing, never to be mentioned again
Han Solo is entirely out of character the whole movie
Quips
"DUDE REMEMBER THIS FROM THE OT" moments
Forced humor with pauses in dialogue do the audience can laugh and not miss something important
Did I mention quips?

It's a fucking marvel movie with Star Wars costumes.
>>
>>340477742

You mean you liked 7.
>>
>>340477138
Looks better than Mighty No 9
>>
File: 1449030852057.jpg (74 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
1449030852057.jpg
74 KB, 498x497
>>340476447

>For it's time

Not even

Nuts and Bolts is a good fucking game period

People probably wouldve accepted it better if Rare just announced it for what it was rather than being a lead up teaser
>>
>>340477786

Fuck, yeah 7

>>340477138
>Without resorting to nostalgia

Collectathons isnt a bad genre, just during the N64 and PS1 era too many clones popped in with a garbage style

DK64 was just filled with too much shit that it got people pisssed off

Plus unlike Mighty Number 9, it actually improved since the kickstarter
>>
>>340477860

Maybe, I haven't thought about it since it first came out.

I never even saw it in HD as I had a 32" CRT back then and still thought it looked great.

I knew the type of game it was though, I know a bunch of people got tricked.

for a while I was #1 on the leaderboard for one mission since I got it day 1, it was $40 at launch.

I don't even remember how I heard about it, but I knew it wasn't like the previous games.
>>
>>340477818
>>340478028
Yeah but being better than MN9 is hardly an accomplishment
>>
>>340477860

This

There are times where i think it wouldve benefitted if it was a different IP altogether

But honestly the Banjo-Kazooie charm is still there and the reason i like Playing Nuts and Bolts
>>
>>340478203

Here's a better reason

It's filled with actual Ex-Rare Devs

Who actually made game's before

and not just a bunch of literal whose orchestrated by Inafune
>>
>>340479347
Well that too.

Saying Yooka is gonna be shitty is taking it to far and just typical /v/ exaggeration, but I really do think it doesn't look that great and a lot of people are getting swept up in nostalgia and not taking a moment to realize that it's just kazooie with different characters.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.