[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ today I found out that I have ALS. My doctor said I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (195 KB, 360x418) Image search: [Google]
image.png
195 KB, 360x418
Hey /v/ today I found out that I have ALS. My doctor said I have anywhere between 6 months and 2-3 years to live. I live with my parents and have quit the part time job I have while I get my affairs in order. As a consequence I have lots of time on my (failing) hands and am basically planning on playing lots of vidya and watching anime. What games are worth beating/replaying through in my final days. Also if anyone has any anime suggestions I'm more then open to receiving them
>>
Read Fap Note, OP

In all seriousness, it's the greatest manga I've ever read
>>
>>340473563
You know what that chair needs?

More wheels.
>>
>>340473563
>>>/wsr/
>>
congrats on dying OP
>>
>>340473563
Space brothers. Theres an als lady in it. Plus its actually a good show.
>>
Play Steins gate and Life is Strange. Also Stephen Hawking was expected to die tens of years ago from ALS too so don't give in just yet.
>>
Shadow of the Colossus/Ico are great games, even if they are short.

For animu, try Gunbuster if you're a giant robot guy. It's a 6 episode OVA.
>>
Fuck that OP.

Before your body is completely shut down go get your dick sucked. do shit. then when you feel mentally and physically too tired to do anything. Then play vidya.
>>
>>340474489
I appreciate the suggestion. I want to play shorter games/not RPGs or collect-a-thin type games because I don't know if I'll have time for them
>>
I cant tell if the fact that you are going to pass away playing vidya is sad or poetic. Regardless I say you should play the last of us if you haven't already. One of the few games that have ever made me feel a glimmer of emotion, and its fairly short.
>>
>>340473942
onani master is good but i like moleterman way better
>>
what. just play baseball. ALS just makes you really good at baseball
>>
Be sure to play the original mgs 1 through 3
>>
>>340473563
>I found out that I have ALS
I thought I cured that like 2 years ago when I dumped water on myself.
>>
>>340473563
Just wait for half life 3 bro, it's gonna be sick.
>>
>>340475541
Underrated post
>>
File: 1437510077356.png (607 KB, 665x672) Image search: [Google]
1437510077356.png
607 KB, 665x672
>look at me i'm dying guys! look look!

Nobody fucking cares.
>>
Are you looking for pity faggot? Man up and die you cunt
>>
Everybody here is saying but when its your time what do you do?

When i die im dying with style
>>
File: Wow That's Edgy.png (82 KB, 228x200) Image search: [Google]
Wow That's Edgy.png
82 KB, 228x200
>>340475980
>>
>>340474974
It is what it is. A friend of mine has had muscular dystrophy since childhood, and video games was his only real hobby since his hand muscles were stronger than any other he had.

I don't know how he reacted when Skyward Sword happened.
>>
File: max_payne_in_high_school.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
max_payne_in_high_school.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>340475541
I feel bad for laughing
>>
File: 1334868550528.jpg (74 KB, 1136x674) Image search: [Google]
1334868550528.jpg
74 KB, 1136x674
>>340478076
>>
Why the fuck would you spend your time playing games. Go traveling you dumb cunt
>>
>>340473563
Zelda: Oot & MM
Talos Principle
Silent Hill 1-3
MGS1-3 + PW

Gurren Lagann
Ano Hana
>>
>>340473563
You'll be fine, look how well Hawking is doing
>>
>>340473563
Sorry anon that's a shit hand to be dealt.
Make sure you write down as much as possible, write down anything you think of or any ideas or thoughts you have. Write it all down and leave it for your folks after you've gone.
>>
>>340479208
yeah he even somehow got accused of abusing his wife even though he is confined to a chair and cant speak. If he can do it you can do it too.
>>
>>340473563
if its any consolation, OP, you're going to probably live a bit longer than they said (which is probably going to be precious to you in perspective). they always undercut it because you get to feel better lasting longer than they predicted and the hospitals giving you treatment look better for keeping you alive longer. so at least there's that.
>>
File: 1368590047287.gif (204 KB, 404x416) Image search: [Google]
1368590047287.gif
204 KB, 404x416
>>340475541
>>
The man is dying, let him do what he wants, sheesh

I suggest to "play" 999 at least once, ALS-kun, it's a magical game. On an actual DS is best, avoid the iOS port.
>>
>>340473563
i have bone spurs growing into my spinal cord. Doctor said even with the surgery probably going to wind up in a chair shitting in a bag. Maybe we can be wheel chair buddies right up until you die and im left alone... again.
>>
>>340473563
Do whatever you want to do, man.
Get high as fuck and play Hotline Miami. Put on some N'wah cosplay and play Morrowind. Take a shot every time you see an Overwatch thread. Tell her you love her.
>>
>>340478624
This. Videogames are absolute trash.
>>
File: 043.jpg (24 KB, 487x396) Image search: [Google]
043.jpg
24 KB, 487x396
>>340475541
I feel bad for you op but that shit was funny...
>>
>>340478624
Yeah go traveling that way when you wind up on Al Jazeera getting your head cut off ALS wont seem so bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 499x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 499x283
>>340479803
>left alone... again

Fuck, I'm sorry, anon
>>
>>340474431
I am fairly certain it has been concluded that he does not have ALS, something similar, but not the same.
>>
I threw together a list of for you, OP. I tried to include games from different genres and generations.

Metroid Prime
Devil May Cry 3
Donkey Kong Country 2
Homeworld
Skies of Arcadia
Metal Gear Solid 3
Zone of the Enders 2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Star Fox 64
Mass Effect 2
Dark Souls
XCOM: Enemy Within
Dragon's Dogma
Resident Evil
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 9
Vanquish
Bayonetta 2
Dead Space
Fire Emblem (7)
Monster Hunter 4U
Shovel Knight
>>
>>340479803
Couldn't they just wrap some kind of guard/armor on the point it'll start contact?
>>
>>340480202
Jason Becker has been diagnosed with ALS in '90. Still alive.
>>
>>340473563
Probably just kill yourself or give your body to research. I guess you can play vidya first but it might be better for scientists to have your corpse now you should ask. Don't let anyone see you ever again that's what I'd do.
>>
>>340479826
They aren't total trash, but it's a waste to only do that. I mean, make some real memories before you die, do your best to have no regrets other than having to go so soon when you go.

If there isn't a good reason to hang around, consider ending it with dignity.

Make your wishes very clear and get them in a legally binding form before you are unable to communicate effectively and are potentially condemned to a living hell on life support by well meaning, but selfish or simply misguided relatives.

Actually no matter what you do, the last bit is important. You really don't want to spend years of your life as a vegetable or on life support, and unable to really do much other than brood about how much you fucking hate your family for not just ending it before your quality of life irrecoverably circled the last ring around the bottom of the toilet bowl and disappeared forever.
>>
>>340473563
What were your symptoms OP?
>>
>>340480396
>armored spinal cord
I'm healthy as a horse but sign me up. Also, double the spinal cord count, gimme graphene skeletal overcoat, 2 hearts and jackhammers instead of arms.
>>
>>340473563
The Silent Hill series, they bring me much joy and sadness, ennui and shit. And if you've played them please replay theme 2 and 3 have helped me as much as vidya can

I'm so sorry anon, I can't imagine how you feel. For what it's worth I have an autoimmune disease that will be the death of me soon enough.
>>
>>340475980
>sarcastic tone
>worthless shitpost
>anime reaction image

Faggot detected
>>
>>340475980
Found the reaper main
>>
>>340473563
Just started watching a newer anime that i'm enjoying a lot called Kabaneri of the iron fortress. Pretty much a much better walking dead mixed with trains. I'd highly recommend it.

As for games it depends really on specific tastes because i play a shit ton of games but id recommend Manhunt if you like a psychotic, yet somewhat funny game. One of my personal favorites at least. Older Resident Evil games as well, Metal Gear, Devil May Cry, and the Witcher games have always made me happy so I'd recommend playing them if you havent already.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.