[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of these games is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7
File: Untitled9.png (3 MB, 1243x940) Image search: [Google]
Untitled9.png
3 MB, 1243x940
Which of these games is better?
>>
/ss/

Both are weak as fuck, but SS has far more interesting mechanics.
>>
>>340469454

TP by far holy shit no contest. Both had pacing issues though
>>
TP definitely.
Had you asked me after I first beat SS i might have said that, but after replaying TP I can see that it's clearly the better of the two
>>
TP, ss is fucking shit
>>
>>340469454
TP, I still love and enjoy it to this day. I cant even play SS anymore its so bad.
>>
>>340469794
>muh waggling
>>
Twilight Princess.
>>
Skyward Sword. The high points outshine anything in Twilight Princess, which was still great and more consistent. I love both.
>>
>>340469454
TP
anyone saying SS is a literal retard
>>
Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword had minimal map exploration. I mean, if you talked to NPCs you'd get sidequests, but it was generally fucktons of fucking backtracking.

Both had teardrop collecting shit though, yet I actually kinda like how Skyward Sword had you speedrun-collect them and had paths to collect everything. Plus you had to use your knowledge of the level instead of learn the level as you went. Turned TP's collection shit on its head and actually made it good.

Then you had to play through the 3 exact same fucking maps ONCE MORE for some arbitrary shit. Yes they were remixed but fuck you that screamed laziness
>>
>>340469454
>After TP I didnt think nintendo could make a worse zelda, but compared to SS its a fucking masterpiece.
>>
>>340470564
I'm not even talking about the waggling, I actively hate that and think that TP had better combat. Its the way the game makes use of items that I find superior.
>>
File: Wind Waker.png (2 MB, 923x1320) Image search: [Google]
Wind Waker.png
2 MB, 923x1320
>>340469454
>>
>>340469454

I didn't like Twilight Princess at all, what with mud colors and bloom everywhere, but Skyward Sword controls hates me at the worst time.

Gonna say pass. Dislike them both evenly.
>>
>>340470717
B L O O M
L
O
O
M
>>
Twilight Princess is better, but Skyward Sword is really bad so it's not that much of a contest

TP may be railroaded for a good deal of the game but at least you're still going to exciting locations, SS is literally the same 3 maps over and over again with an empty sky
>>
Hate em both, but holy shit TP was bland in area design.
>>
>>340470601
>>340470791
>>340470832
>implying bloom is bad
fuck off
>>
>>340470941
Thats because it was going for the "WE WANT OOT 2" audience
>>
>>340470960
>implying it's not
Have a reply
>>
>>340469454
>Which would you rather swallow, dog diarrhea or dog vomit?
Neither
>>
twilight princess master race fucking fags
>>
ITT: Proof that the Zelda cycle is real

just watch when Zelda U is released all you fags will be saying that SS was an underrated masterpiece
>>
>>340471478
I don't think SS is nearly as bad as most people do, but admittedly it had a fair share of fucking problems. Mainly in the fact that you do everything 3 fucking times
>>
As someone who was deeply disappointed with the initial release of TP, it's still substantially better than the train wreck that was Skyward Sword. I legitimately have no hope for Zelda UNX because of SS
>>
>>340471478
I never once believed that Twilight Princess was shit.
>>
>>340471478
Every game being worse than the last isn't a "cycle," it's linear progression
>>
>>340471478

Or it just proves that each Zelda game gets progressively worse...
>>
>>340469454
TP, it at least has an actual overworld and you have the option to play it without gimmick controls.
>>
>>340469454
Twilight princess wii version.
>>
>>340472118
Which is true.
>>
>>340469454
Easily Twilight Princess

I could never get used to Skyward Sword's controls, and revisiting the same areas sucked.
>>
>>340469454
TP had the best dungeons in the series so that
>>
File: latest copy.png (2 MB, 1335x1493) Image search: [Google]
latest copy.png
2 MB, 1335x1493
>>340469454
Twilight Princess is the best post-N64 Zelda game. Skyward Sword is good too.

Basically the rule of thumb is, if it has Toon Link on the cover, it's shit. Treat that gormless Hello Kitty looking mug like you would a biohazard symbol. The only exception is Four Swords Adventure, and even then only because couch co op can make anything fun.
>>
>>340472118
This must apply only to consoles because link between worlds is fun as hell
>>
File: 1451322464271.jpg (130 KB, 620x775) Image search: [Google]
1451322464271.jpg
130 KB, 620x775
Post YFW you love all non-CDI, non-DS Zelda games and don't shitpost about which one is better because you're enjoying them all.
>>
File: 1419791382739.png (984 KB, 863x661) Image search: [Google]
1419791382739.png
984 KB, 863x661
>>340469454
Twilight Princess is the best 3D Zelda and Skyward Sword is the worst 3D Zelda, gee I wonder which is better
>>
>>340471478
>game that sold 8.8 goronrillion copies
>surprised people are talking positive about it

No matter how much you force it, your Zelda Cycle meme will never be real
>>
>>340473054
>Disliking Wind Waker

I don't see how if I'm honest. What was wrong with it?
>>
TP, but they're both garbage.
>>
>>340473612
Not him but my biggest hangup with Wind Waker is the wasted potential. In a series of games with empty worlds, WW's feels the emptiest. None of islands have anything on them, and the ocean itself is small. The concept is great, but it was poorly executed and I think it's tragic.

Also I care the most about items, dungeons, and bosses in Zelda games, and WW is very weak in all 3 departments.
>>
I preferred skyward sword since it felt less bloated to me. It felt better designed to despite not being as open.

I dig both games though.
>>
File: Zelda.jpg (395 KB, 558x720) Image search: [Google]
Zelda.jpg
395 KB, 558x720
>>340471478
>ITT: Proof that the Zelda cycle is real

When the game was still fairly new I went out and bought the gamestop TP standee to display my Zelda games. Zelda cycle is bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>340469454
TP:
>better dungeon design
>better atmosphere and storytelling
>better combat (both are meh though)
>better pacing
>better companion

SS:
>better music : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0np8WU2Znw
>better boss fights by a mile
>better economy (most useful rupees in the series)
>more challenging in general
>smaller item list but each is far better utilized
>>
>>340474552
>SS
>Better boss fights
The bosses are the best part of TP and the worst part of SS though, what the fuck. Kloktos was the only good boss in the whole game, and he doesn't even come close to a Stallord
>>
>>340474756
Stallord was a shit fight and skeldritch from spirit tracks was more entertaining
>>
>>340473426
This
I'm sure plenty of people think people only believe this because of the Zelda Cycle, but if that were true then everyone would've started defending spirit tracks when ALBW came out.
What I don't get is why so many people hated TP until the HD version came out, myself included.
>>
>>340474756
TP bosses have great scale and power trips but gameplay-wise they suck
however I don't like Skyward sword either so the best I'll say about bosses is that Ghirahim is a great test of the skills that the whole game is built around and koloktos is the closest the game comes to TP's scale in a fight
>>
>>340471478
>ITT: Proof that the Zelda cycle is real

Buts it's not, I'm not even saying that SS is good, just that is did more better than TP, which is a very low bar.
>>
>>340474552
I can agree with this. I can add that the story and characters are more memorable in Twilight Princess. I also prefer Skyward Sword minigames even if there is no fishing.
>>
File: 1457982164474.png (101 KB, 932x272) Image search: [Google]
1457982164474.png
101 KB, 932x272
>>340475326
>>340475894

The Zelda cycle half exists, it's just the phenomenon that occurs with new generations of children being exposed to Zelda
>>
>>340469454
TP GCN>SS>TP Wii
All three are horrid, though.
>>
Anyone who says Twilight Princess is impressed by WOAH IT'S SO BIG shit with nothing else.

>empty overworld with nothing to do
>the bosses, which great in scale are almost all boring outside
>large movelist for your sword, which ultimately leads to nothing as almost every ability is useless
>lots of weapons, but only three find good use

Twilight Princess is pretty much "lets do everything grand" without actually understanding how it works.
>>
>>340476432
They pulled it off with the dungeons, which were both big and dense.
>>
>>340476432
>empty world with nothing to do
So every Zelda game?
>>
>>340473986
I thought it worked well in terms of exploration though. Alright you could argue that a lot of the islands look the same, but it didn't involve a lot of back-tracking to previous areas and felt like I was discovering something new all the time.
>>
>>340476432
All that post says is that TP was the closest Zelda got to being a good game
>>
Skyward sword by far. Better design choices, better temples, better story, more interesting mechanics, longer story. There is no contest at all.
>>
>>340476518
The first half of the game's dungeons were all horrible though. After the Temple of Time, the dungeons became more condensed and were better.

And Skyward Sword still had better dungeons. Hell, it has a good Water Temple.
>>
>>340475987
The Zelda cycle falls apart the minute you see a Skyward Sword fan, because in this theory: they can't exist.
Yet we see them all the time both in Zelda threads and on most other corners of the internet.
People who currently dislike Skyward Sword are likely not going to change their mind if the next console Zelda game comes out, because the things they criticize (motion controls, fi, so on) simply cannot get any better with age. The only thing that will change their opinion of the game is a remake with good controls, and if that happens before the next console Zelda game I will eat a sock
>>
>>340476820
I said the cycle was half true; SS fans are the children who grew up playing SS. They certainly exist. Their first/most influential Zelda was SS. That's the real secret behind the "Zelda cycle"
>>
>>340477004
If that's seriously how the "Zelda Cycle" works then it applies to basically every franchise ever, which at that point it shouldn't even be called the Zelda Cycle because it no longer means what it used to mean.
>>
>>340476820
>>340477004
Forgot an important part, sorry

As the younger generation that cares about that Zelda game age into forums and discussion, it will appear like a huge swing of opinion has happened, when in reality a new, younger demographic has simply entered the picture. Perhaps even the older one has slightly aged out, and become quiter as well.
>>
>>340477236
That's why the Zelda cycle is dumb. I'm not defending it, I'm just pointing out why the phenomenon is perceived
>>
>>340477349
Oh ok, glad we're on the same page
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.