[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite. Millions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: Sovereign.jpg (151 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
Sovereign.jpg
151 KB, 350x350
>We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite. Millions of years after your civilization has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure.
>>
>mass effect 1
>reapers are lovecraftian god monsters that humans can't understand

>mass effect 3
>reapers can get killed by space worms
>>
>>340468809
Killing all life to stop it from killing itself is an incomprehensible motive.
>>
>>340469868
They're AI. They see the logic behind it but cant see the fallacy of it.
>>
>>340468809
>lovecraftian god monster
>literally blown the fuck out by three ground troops and a shitty stealth ship that doesn't have anywhere near the firepower of most capital ships
>>
>>340470429
Are you talking about Sovereign? Shepard killed Sovereign's AI which was in Saren, which then lowered the ships shields, afterwhich the combined force of the Council, Turian, and Human fleet fired everything they had at it to take it down. The Normandy simply dealt the final blow by flying through the ship.
>>
>>340470429
>literally blown the fuck out by three ground troops and a shitty stealth ship that doesn't have anywhere near the firepower of most capital ships
What?
It was literally like cthulhu and boat, but instead of boat there was galactic fleet
And if he didn't posses Saren he would still wreck everyone easily
>>
>>340468475
I'm putting an end to this thread before it begins.

The original story for Mass Effect 3 was the reapers were killing all life because their use of biotics and the mass relays were speeding up entropy and were killing the galaxy at an unprecedented rate. This is why in Mass Effect 2 there was a star that was dying too quickly in its lifespan and no one knew why. The original endings for Mass Effect 3 would of been a difficult choice as to whether or not the reapers had it right or if there was another solution to be found. Instead it was deemed too hard for the mainstream audience to comprehend so we got the infamous 3 color ending instead. Some remnants of the original design can be seen in this ending however where all the relays were destroyed.

On a side note, originally each reaper was supposed to be unique as they were made from sacrificing an entire species. That's why in Mass Effect 2 you fight the human reaper at the end. But once again, it was deemed too complicated for Mass Effect 3 and instead this idea was retconned and each reaper became a lobster.
>>
>>340470836
Goddamn fuck Nu-Bioware so hard. Give me deep games goddamnit.
>>
>>340468809
It was worse in the ME2
>I will assume control and taunt you personally!
>>
>>340469868
Incomprehensibly stupid.
>>
File: b53.jpg (34 KB, 452x478) Image search: [Google]
b53.jpg
34 KB, 452x478
I'm playing through the first game for the first time since I originally completed it and I'm amazed by how great it is. I had forgotten how good it was. Peak 15 and the Rachni was a great area to play through and the fifth fleet assignments are all enjoyable.
>>
>>340471549
My nigga. ME1 will forever be my favorite.
>>
File: 2870443-necrons.jpg (86 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
2870443-necrons.jpg
86 KB, 800x600
How would you like Mass Effect if you replace the Reapers with Oldcrons?
>>
>>340470836
This is wrong.

That was one of the story ideas thrown around along with the organic and synthetic stuff.

The "deemed to complicated" is total bullshit on your part. Why they went with organic vs synthetic is unknown, but that's the story they went with.

Not like the dark energy one is really any better. You would have the same issues with the ending you have now.

Also, I'm tired of people saying the reaper plan was kill life to save life. This is oversimplification at its best. They kill advanced life so primitive life can flourish. You don't have to like it, or think it's a good ending, but don't mis represent it to make a point.
>>
>>340471549
Really? I thought the whole of Noveria was the worst part of the game.
>>
I would rather they had just made it simple: an extremely advanced civilisation once had AI and they wiped them out. Fast forward a billion years and these AI have taken the from of the reapers who wipe out galactic civilisation before it becomes a threat to their existence.
I don't know, I'm not a writer. Anything other than the "synthetics r bad n kill peepl"

>>340472007
I've only completed Feros and Noveria so far in terms of the main story but I'm around level 35 from sidequests. I didn't like Noveria at first, the entire place made me feel uneasy as it was so far removed from the Citadel which I'd grown familiar with but once I got to Peak 15 I started to really enjoy it. Now that I think of it was like Aliens. The one thing I hated was the puzzle to turn on the VI, fuck that shit.
Feros has been the worst part of the game so far for me. It was uninteresting at best and the Thorian was just weird. At least they shed some light on corporate activities in the Mass Effect universe during that arc.
>>
So I never played Mass Effect 2 or 3
Do they ever explain how Cerberus goes from a small splinter group of scientists researching taboo tech to space nazis with the might to rival all other galactic civilization?
>>
>>340472504
Something something ILLUSIVE. No.
>>
>>340472504
no
>>
>>340472439
Haha funny, the towers of Hanoi puzzle is the only thing I look forward to when I hit Noveria. Have you had the last boss fight on Noveria yet? It's realllly bad, like the cinematics and audio was synced by bio wares D TEAM
>>
>>340471842
I hope they do necron style ennemy in Andromeda. It seems they were talking about ancient artifacts hidden in the planets which you will awaken, so it could be
>>
>>340472714
Yeah I stayed up all night on Monday doing Noveria, the Benezia boss fight was awful but it was redeemed by the rachni queen. One weird thing is that you don't get to go back to the survivors. Do they make it out or are they all kill from the neutron purge? That made no sense.

>>340472834
The Prothean race will be called the Remnant.
>>
File: JanOhqM.jpg (111 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
JanOhqM.jpg
111 KB, 960x720
Should I beat ME3?

German Shepard never finished her mission.

I went with whatever option was best for humanity, too bad the choices in game didn't reflect that
>>
>>340472916
Yeah but we only read shit about protheans and only saw one in 3. I'd like to explore a Remnant crypt just to see them awaken from their sleep like necrons
>>
>>340473063
I hope they don't do another "they're extinct but they're not really extinct" asspull. I don't want to feel like I'm trespassing when I'm looting their ruins.
>>
>>340470836
I'm still pissed that they went absolutely fucking nowhere with the dark energy angle and instead focused on stupid organic vs synthetic shit.
>>
>>340472007
Not him but Noveria is my favorite part of the game.
>>
>>340472439
I ALWAYS omni gel that puzzle Jesus
>>
>>340468475
shit series. why are they continuing it?
>>
>>340473468
>>340473468
Fair enough.

Opinions man. Crazy shit.
>>
File: 3.jpg (150 KB, 800x1156) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
150 KB, 800x1156
>>340468475
leave them to me
>>
>>340473468
I'm him, I liked Noveria because it showed that the utopian citadel and darker science fiction could coexist if the writers aren't shit.
>>
>>340472714
>towers of Hanoi puzzle
I think that is a perfectly fine puzzle and I have used it in my games with great success, but I have yet to see it used effectively in any videogame. The puzzle is never integrated into the setting well enough and often times there is never an alternate choice; you either complete the puzzle or lose.
>>
>>340469991
Don't make excuses for the writers, their job is to consistently write well
>>
>>340469991
That makes no sense.
>>
>>340474429
Noveria did what Illium was supposed to do without the characters having to come out an explicitly condemn it.
>>
File: 1441571389317.png (193 KB, 398x446) Image search: [Google]
1441571389317.png
193 KB, 398x446
>>340471528
>>
>>340474464
Black & White had the same puzzle but with parts of a temple you had to move because of the tide coming in or something, it's been a while.
Either way, it's the same puzzle and I guess there's not much you can do with it except change the presentation.
>>
>>340469868
They don't kill all life, only advanced life which evolved with their technology. Still retarded though because they only do that to prevent organics from being wiped out by synthetics who would risk to really exterminate all life, according to them.

They should just have let the reapers be superior planes inhabitants who just want to reap life as their cycle of reproduction. Nothing more. It would let them stay ultra intimidating without fallacious logic
>>
>>340474914
This is Bioware we're talking about; complication = depth apparently
They can write but they can't deliver.
>>
>>340475098
Yeah but that's regretful. More mystery = more threat.
>>
File: 1462660912542wiki.jpg (19 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1462660912542wiki.jpg
19 KB, 700x525
>>340471020
>Nu- is now a thing
>>
>>340474891
Presentation is all you need, but the puzzle should really only be used for some minor task, its not challenging enough for a center stage event. I only use it if a player wants to manually change the cooling disks in a space freighter if the automatic cooling system has crashed and they don't feel like waiting around for the repair or risk burning out the reactor. Its just another option for the players, but they don't get stonewalled if they don't complete it.
>>
>>340475942
You have a game? Can I play it..?
Sounds like a good way to implement it, giving the player a choice of resources/skill, I like the sound of that
>>
>>340475246
That's why lovecraft is still popular today despite not being a strong writer. He was smart enough to realize that the most interesting shit was what went unsaid and developed in the readers mind.
>>
File: 1425059299771.jpg (66 KB, 576x507) Image search: [Google]
1425059299771.jpg
66 KB, 576x507
>tfw you know about all the retarded shit on the series
>tfw you still love it and played more than 6 times
>>
>>340468475
What the cuck is that?
>>
>>340475342
it's the neo-neo

etc. neo-neo-/v/
>>
>>340476197
Sorry, not a video game, just my local traveller group (P&P RPG).
>>
>>340470836
Why wouldn't the reapers then destroy the mass relays as opposed to everything else that isn't a mass relay?
>>
>>340476602
Damn, that's a nice touch. I wouldn't have thought to incorporate anything like that in P&P
>>
>>340471549
The first game is so fucking good, doing the same my man.
>>
>>340474914
I never played the early ME games but wasn't the original motivation of the Reapers something about the Mass Relays using dark energy that kept fucking up the galaxy and the Reapers just killed races that used the relays to preserve the universe? Makes a lot more sense than "synthetics that kill organics to prevent synthetics from killing organics".

>They should just have let the reapers be superior planes inhabitants who just want to reap life as their cycle of reproduction
This also works, but at this point almost ANYTHING would have been better than what we got.
>>
>>340477487
The dark energy thing was probably a draft idea but we never saw it. But the question is why do the reapers do nothing about the relays ? Even in 2 they control the omega 4 relay which shows they use the system themselves so I don't know
>>
>>340477679
the dark energy plot was strongly hinted at in ME2 when you go pick up Tali
>>
>>340476976
I like puzzles, but some of the players have had bad past experiences so I try to dress them up and dangle them as a extra option. Sometimes I get a bite and it always seems to work out fine.
>>
>>340468809
The Reaper that was taken out by the space worm was 8% as big as a "Sovereign class" Reaper. Destroyers are relatively tiny anon, only about as tall as the SR-2 is long.

The 'space worm' was giant for its species (the even larger bodies never leave the ground, the 'heads' are just appendages), eats radiation and metal all day everyday, and spits acid. To top it all off, shields in Mass Effect don't stop large 'slow' moving objects so the Destroyer was basically defenseless against the thresher.

There's enough wrong with ME3 and its reapers that you don't need examples like this.

>>340470836
>The original story for Mass Effect 3 was the reapers were killing all life because their use of biotics and the mass relays were speeding up entropy and were killing the galaxy at an unprecedented rate.
Nice fanfiction anon, but this has been debunked already. It was an option they could have gone in, but it was never "the original story for mass effect 3."
>>
>>340471187
What's wrong with psychological warfare, especially when the enemy is organics? Doesn't exploiting their emotions make sense? That was most of the point of husks.
>>
>>340477679
Another thing - do the Reapers themselves use the relays, or do they just invade the galaxy real SLOOOOW without them and just go "we'll get all you fags eventually"? Because if it's the latter then I have no fucking idea how Earth got sneak-attacked at the beginning of ME3, you'd think they could see this coming.
>>
>>340478212
>The Reaper that was taken out by the space worm was 8% as big as a "Sovereign class" Reaper. Destroyers are relatively tiny anon, only about as tall as the SR-2 is long.
>The 'space worm' was giant for its species (the even larger bodies never leave the ground, the 'heads' are just appendages), eats radiation and metal all day everyday, and spits acid. To top it all off, shields in Mass Effect don't stop large 'slow' moving objects so the Destroyer was basically defenseless against the thresher.
>There's enough wrong with ME3 and its reapers that you don't need examples like this.
I think his point was that it undermined how overwhelmingly terrifying the Reapers had been until that point.
>>
>>340472504
>Do they ever explain how Cerberus goes from a small splinter group of scientists researching taboo tech
Are you sure you played the first game?
They could murder admirals and just get away with it. I mean the one they murdered was legitimately worried by what Cerberus could do to him.

And one of the big things about their portrayal in ME1 was that you didn't have access to the entire picture yet, ME1 sets them up to be bigger than just what you see of them.
>>
>>340468475
>>
>>340478435
Maybe they use a different form of FTL.
>>
>>340468475
>Meeting Leviathans at the bottom of the ocean in the ME3 DLC
Shit was one of the most intense horror moments in a non horror game ever
>>
>>340478763
The whole point of eezo is that it's the only way to achieve FTL.

>>340478813
The only part of ME3 I enjoyed sans Rannoch(Legion still didn't need to an hero that was retarded)
>>
>>340478519
>But the question is why do the reapers do nothing about the relays ? Even in 2 they control the omega 4 relay which shows they use the system themselves so I don't know
And my point is that it's not a "Reaper" or just a "space worm" like anon is trying to frame them as.

I'm not opposed to the point, but how anon is trying to make it is fallacious.
>>
>>340477998
It's also mentioned by the cop from Noveria who shows up in an illium sidequest
>>
>>340468475
The Space Boost and Space Combination can defeat them.
>>
>>340478763
>>340478435
>do the Reapers themselves use the relays
Yes.

>>340477679
The Omega 4 relay isn't controlled by the Citadel like the rest. Shutting off the relay network means they need to control the Citadel, which is what you prevent in ME1.
>>
Why did it become so human centrist in the last two games? Hard to believe humans are relatively newly space fairing.
>>
>>340479072
Well Quarins are scum who need to die Turians are asshole and asari are whores what else is there besides three galaxy citizens?
>>
>>340471549
Anon please don't play the second one. I'm begging you.

Just take ME1 for what it is and enjoy it, and when you're done enjoying the neato story and cool characters let it go. Just leave that memory untainted.
>>
>>340479072
Humans = U.S.
Young, but growing fast and taking over. This is why just about every species says humans are growing too fast.

Also regardless of your choices, humans not being a part of the Citadel fleet means they lost fewer ships than the Council species in ME1 so the stage is set for them to take up more military responsibility.

And the Mars archive the humans had pre-contact was one of the most complete Prothean data caches, probably only exceeded by the one the Asari had.

For once it isn't just the 'humans are creative/unique/jack-of-all-trades' cliche, but something explained in the lore.
>>
>>340478641
Awesome.
>>
http://revelationspace.wikia.com/wiki/Inhibitors

What the Reapers were based on
>>
>>340479159
Would you fuck a Blue Bitch?
>>
File: 1447324914403.gif (1003 KB, 245x187) Image search: [Google]
1447324914403.gif
1003 KB, 245x187
>>340479335
That's what I plan on doing, I'm playing it on the Xbone's backwards compatibility and even if I wanted to I wouldn't be able to progress since 2 and 3 aren't backwards compatible. I've played them all but I barely remember them.

I much prefer the feel of ME1. After I'm done with my playthrough that's it, I'm going to lock it up tight, go grab the codex and cry myself to sleep over.
>>
>>340479714
Who wouldn't?
>>
>>340479159
Jews, gypsies, jellyfish, collapsed empire Klingons, Muslims, bugs, elephants, and lizards that serve the jellyfish. Oh and whatever the fuck Vorcha are, worm-baboons?
>>
>Make a fuckable, actaully alien looking race
>Don't allow you to romance/fuck it

I'll buy Andromeda for $10 at the bargain bin if you let me romance a female turian
>>
>>340480000
>Vorcha
Their rats
>>
>>340473810
Oh my god I hated this guy so much.
If ever you needed a personification of everything wrong with ME3, this is it

>Hi! I'm completely new to this game, but everyone acts like I've been around the entire time
>Also, I'm a super-advanced cyborg ninja that can dodge bullets, except if those bullets happen to be fired from Sheperd's gun, for whatever reason
>Also I'm SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT TO EVERYTHING, except I don't even show up in the last third of the game
>>
File: Gj9RG.jpg (170 KB, 1164x750) Image search: [Google]
Gj9RG.jpg
170 KB, 1164x750
>>340480061
Forgot pic
>>
>>340480061
it's probably a brainless action shooter anyway.
>>
>>340480171
Somebody post his message from "Asari High Command".
>>
Why is it that Lovecraft gets a free pass for "unable for humans to comprehend"
>>
>>340478435
>>340478763
>>340479036
From what I remember they don't use the Relays. Hell that was the point of Sovereign to wake everyone fucking up since the galaxies population was too advanced already.

That's why you see no Reapers till 3. I mean they are out there in deep deep deep space.

Then you see what Bioware did ot 3 and said

>fuck it let's make everything causal...lol they just arrive!
>>
File: 1458459501432.gif (990 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1458459501432.gif
990 KB, 320x240
>>340472950
yes me3 is a good game, BAR the ending. Don't let that ending put you off playing it
>tfw the 3rd was your favorite in the series
>>
>>340480327
Because he wrote the unknowable, unspeakable thing, and left it alone after a single story.

Having something be mysterious and unknowable is a cute idea that falls to shreds when you need to write sequels.
>>
>>340480193
>looks like the bug is wearing a fucking mask

lol Bioware can't do shit right anymore
>>
>>340480359
You must not be remembering ME1 or 2 anon.

The entire point of Sovereign trying to take over the Citadel is that it's a mass relay to dark space that the reapers use to show up at the heart of galactic civilization.

Arrival in ME2 shows they clearly do need the relay network.

But hey, fuck remembering 1 and 2 right? Let's just shitpost about 3!
>>
>>340476862
By having the mass relays there, they could force the new races to use the more efficient devices and have their growth be controlled. All races seem to discover the 'Mass Effect' and biotics, so this allows them to easily screen any sufficiently advanced species and know all the locations they could have fled to. Also it lets the Reapers shut the whole system down from the Citadel so that everyone is now isolated and controlled.
>>
>>340480327
It works for most people who use it well not just Lovecraft. Anyone who fucks it up, usually by elaborating too much, will get called out.
>>
File: this fucking kid.jpg (49 KB, 655x368) Image search: [Google]
this fucking kid.jpg
49 KB, 655x368
>>
>>340480464
>tfw the 3rd was your favorite in the series
I understand anon.
I liked all the conclusions each character got and I liked that the main plot was "Shepard needs to broker deals between asshole aliens."
It has flaws like every ME game, but I liked that it resolved the Krogan and Quarian/Geth arcs, and that the game did it with your input.
>>
>>340468809
>>340468475
The writing for Sovereign in ME1 was just as bad as the Reapers in ME3. It was the same exact shit. Too big and old and advanced for you to understand and it was lame and it sucked.
>>
>>340480327
Because millions of years of evolution made us hardwired to fear what we don't understand.
>>
>>340470836
>The original story for Mass Effect 3 was the reapers were killing all life because their use of biotics and the mass relays were speeding up entropy and were killing the galaxy at an unprecedented rate.

>"Your civilization is based on the technology of the mass relays. Our technology. By using it, your civilization develops along the paths we desire."

So, the Reapers created the mass relays to speed up entropy in the galaxy so they could prevent organics from using the mass relays to speed up entropy in the galaxy.

Brilliant.
>>
File: ghj.png (69 KB, 174x225) Image search: [Google]
ghj.png
69 KB, 174x225
>>340480864
>play as a mass murdering asshole renegade shep who's entire family got slaughtered
>get ptsd from some random kid
>>
>>340481238
The real answer is: Bioware discovered writing unknowable enemies that still bother to chat with you is really fucking difficult, so they threw their hands in the air and gave up
>>
I can't believe people care enough about this shitty series to know the lore.
>>
>>340481371
>i cant believe people pay attention to the story in an RPG
>>
>>340481435
>RPG
>>
>>340479072
The council races lost a large amount of their fleets during the battle of the citadel. they lose even more if shepard decides to not save the council.

this left a power gap that the humans were quickly able to fill
>>
>>340480912
The writing for Sovereign was awesome because it was the first entry in the series, he was the opening gambit and the first of his kind that we got to see.

We thought he was a simple AI for Saren's ship, then it goes "NO FLESHBAG, I CONTROL HIM!" and proceeds to shit all over your preconceived notions of the game's plot.

That same tone and dialog falls flat on its face in the third installment when we are actually dealing with the Reapers, after we have killed two and found the remains of like 5 others in different systems and even been introduced to the race that created them...

Also what the fuck was up with that? What was the purpose behind meeting the Reaper's creators? They did nothing except give us better spy probes or some shit, and they could have clued us into the whole "Reapers are actually controlled by this super AI we created to solve the greatest mysteries of the universe.
>>
>>340480912
I think most people who liked Mass Effect just felt that the series writing changed far too much from ME1 to ME3.
In ME1, shit all decentralized, you're wandering the universe, its a big fucking mystery, you've got this former hero who's brainwashed but you don't find that out until the end. Then you finally face the Reapers for the first time and they are basically the evil of technology personified. They are a metaphor for everything you feared technology would become, to bring us death instead of life and comfort.
ME2 is a recruiting mission and a suicide mission where you turn into robocop and fight a reaper baby terminator made out of humans because fuck you. Its a metaphor and makes sense, somehow, right?
I didn't play ME3 because I heard it just got worse from there.
>>
>>340481435
>RPG
not since the first and never ever again
>>
>>340481367
>write an unknowable lovecraftian horror as your villain
>feeling compelled to explain them
>not just leaving them as unknowable lovecraftian horrors

ME1 should have been the end of the reaper threat with the death of Sovereign and 2 and 3 should have had completely different plots.
>>
Saren did nothing wrong, except kill Nihlus.
>>
>>340480707
The fuck you talking about the relay from Ilos was the one connected to the Citadel and Soverign told the Geth how to use it to get into the Citadel undetected. Get your ass out of here withyour stupid shit.

ME2 they didn't even fucking arrive they just woke up
>>
>>340481328
>still thinks it's a literal human child
Did you ever notice whose voices were in those dreams? The kid is just a symbol for the humans Shepard let down by not getting the galaxy ready enough, and the dreams reflect this because the voices in them are the squadmates that died under your watch.
>>
>>340481802
>save everyone besides Kaiden because fuck that crybaby
>the kid somehow still has different voices

wrong
>>
>>340481367
I agree with this. If you just had them mumble in chinese it would be more intimidating than them basically only talking to you to tell you that they are far too smart to explain why you need to die.
>>
>>340481802
Well that explains why sociopath full renegade shepard suddenly develops feelings.
>>
>>340481714
I stand by my idea that ME3 should've gone full Battlestar Galactica. Have the entire game about the evacuation to another star system, with the Alliance military desperately trying to buy the citizens of the galaxy more time to leave.

Have the ending be Shepard futilely trying to fight a single Reaper and being vaporized. There are no happy endings with cosmic terrors, just chaos and death in the vastness of space.
>>
>>340481673
>you've got this former hero who's brainwashed but you don't find that out until the end

Saren was a racist asshole before he went full evil. His goal was the eradication of the human race, he just didn't realize the reapers wanted to wipe out ALL races.
>>
>>340479563
I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE A MOMENT OUT OF EVERYONE'S TIME
TO ACKNOWLEDGE MY MAIN MAN
MY NIGGA, IF YOU WILL
THIS ANON RIGHT FUCKING HERE
>>
>>340481802
I prefered the fan theory that the child is actually the reapers trying to indoctrinate Shepard because you always hear a Reaper's purr/growl right before the child appears, and its main purpose seemed to be to make Shepard doubt himself.

Your fan theory is also interesting, but doesn't fit in a world where Shepard is a paragon of saving EVERYONE.
>>
>>340481985
>His goal was the eradication of the human race
It wasn't
>he just didn't realize the reapers wanted to wipe out ALL races.
You never played the game, right?

He was racist, but he never tried genocide humans
When reaper shit started he couldn't care less about humans
It's like you enver played the game or something
>>
>>340481765
The relay from Ilos is connected to the miniature relay "statue" that the Protheans installed. Both are Prothean constructions and not part of the usual cycle. And that isn't even for Reaper sized anythings, it's for Prothean scientists to travel to the Citadel to hack in some bullshit so the Citadel can't be remote accessed in the next ('our') cycle. That's why Saren has to use the Ilos relay to invade the Citadel, to undo the bullshit so Sovereign can fuck the Citadel.

In a normal cycle, the Reapers don't need to invade the Citadel because Sovereign remotely activates the ship-sized relay component of the Citadel that links to dark space.

This is all explicitly laid out in the talk with Vigil in ME1.

ME2's DLC named "Arrival" is all about exploding the relay closest to their dark space, since they're flying in without the Citadel-linked, dark space relay they normally use. Blowing up the Batarian system relay delays the Reapers for another few months.

I hope you're shitposting because going with that tone when you're this wrong just makes you seem like an asshole.
>>
File: 1454683798603.jpg (113 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1454683798603.jpg
113 KB, 640x480
ITT: Nobody played the fucking games.
>>
>>340482128
Thats kind of a neato idea but it's pretty clear that the Reaper growl was apart of Shep's trauma since it triggered the kid running away.
>>
>>340482708
Good for them.
>>
>>340481878
The voices in the dreams that I'm talking about aren't from the kid. What voices are you talking about?

>>340481949
>sociopath
Even if you choose all renegade options (who just picks a morality like that in a game?) Shepard still has feelings. "Sociopath" isn't a playable Shepard.

>>340482128
>indoctrination theory
No.

>kid might be Reapers fucking with Shepard's mind
I don't think the Catalyst ever gives one of those "Oh I scanned your brain and you chose this form" bullshit lines, so the kid might just be the Catalyst fucking with Shepard. That seems more substantiated.
>>
I just finished Mass Effect 1, on my way to 2.

Pretty impressed with it so far, i liked it. The biggest thing that gave me pause and had me going back to redo events was the mission on Virmire where you have to choose between Kaiden and Ashley. I like Kaiden as a partner, very useful in fights, but doesnt seem too interesting. That might have changed if i was femshep though. As a guy Ashley gets noticeably more cutscenes and story. So i'm going through the trilogy first with her and then doing it over with Kaiden.

My favorite thing about the first game is definitely the lore and the story, Reapers, Protheans, galactic politics, all very cool. The writing itself though varies from great to less than average. I mean it's got obvious Bioware signs all over it. Still loving my time with it. Is there any DLC in 2 that are must have experiences? There were some in 1 but they seemed like pretty short, boring filler missions.
>>
>>340483069
You're not missing much, Kaidan is just as boring if you fuck him.
>>
File: 138595876531.png (847 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
138595876531.png
847 KB, 960x720
>>340469868
>WE DON'T REALLY KILL ALL LIFE, WE JUST PRESERVE IT IN REAPER FORM
>What about all the races you wipe out instead of harvesting, like the Quarians?
>FUCK YOU I DO WHAT I WANT

Were did it all go so wrong
>>
>>340480886
this

The outcomes is what the game did well, bar the crappy final outcome of the 3 different colour choices.

The dlc with the citadel stuff was a nice touch too + Andersons ending was right in the feels

Also it had the best combat / ai out of them all, and there was some really shit ai in the first one.
>>
>>340483047
>(who just picks a morality like that in a game?
>in a game
Answered your own question dipshit.
>>
>>340483069
Get ready for this autism on why there's only one way to handle Virmire.

You should send Ashley with the Salarians. They don't need a leader or a tech specialist, they need a soldier with immunity and all the guns. Then when you have to choose between saving the fire team or protecting the bomb, the mission comes first and you protect the bomb. Who you like more has nothing to do with it, if you're a good leader (autistic role player). Now of course it's vidya so fuck it and I've done other playthroughs to save the other person/go to the other area, but using any kind of RP, in-universe reasoning means Ashley must die.
>>
>>340468475

>We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinit-

RED. No, no. GREEN!

>AARRGG WE HAVE BEEN DEFETED
>>
>>340483507
Do you min/max your stats in every single player game you play?
If you do, then at least your autism is consistent.
>>
>>340483047
>Even if you choose all renegade options (who just picks a morality like that in a game?) Shepard still has feelings. "Sociopath" isn't a playable Shepard.
You have to be kidding me right? In 2 it's less pronounced to being jerk for no reason, 3 it's reduced even further to regular 4chan user, but 1 he is a genocidal, murdering piece of evil shit.
>>
File: 1405533866310.jpg (125 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
1405533866310.jpg
125 KB, 640x496
>>340483047
>he's never played a full renegade asshole shep

Most fun I've had with the game.
>>
>>340481765
>>340482632
Originally the reaper left behind to monitor the systems would remotely activate the failsafe in the citadel and shut down all mass effect travel while activating the relay the reapers use to allow them back into the universe.

The Protheans managed to cache some of their brightest scientists in Ilos during the purge and set them up to use that small portal to get back into the citadel after the reapers had left and Sovereign had gone into hibernation. The Protheans sabotaged the receiver so that the reapers could no longer control it remotely, and then they died off because there was no food or anything biologically sustaining left on the citadel.

ME1 is Sovereign discovering that he couldn't use the remote control for the Citadel and then trying to discover a way to get his agents onto the Citadel so he could personally connect to it and manually activate the process.
>>
>game so shit headcanon-tier fan theory was several miles more interesting
How do you even screw up this bad.
>>
File: 1335040735450.gif (2 MB, 310x176) Image search: [Google]
1335040735450.gif
2 MB, 310x176
>>340482128
>This becomes the of plot line for Andromeda as you fight against Shep who now controls the reapers
>>
>>340480912
Fuck off, Sovereign's conversation accomplishes everything it sets out to do and does it pretty well
>Revelation that Saren's ship is actually a Reaper
>Clearly establishes Sovereign's character.
>Sets up Saren's manipulation
>Sets up the Reapers' relationship with Shepard as the equivalent of an Ant talking to God 'You are not Saren'
>Establishes the Reapers as a highly hostile race that can't be negotiated with or beaten conventionally.

And it's all done in a conversation shorter than the news reporter's. Too bad 2 threw it all in the trash.
>>
>>340483069
Kaidan/Ashley are only in ME2 for like one scene; I would say it's not worth a second playthrough just to see what happens if the other one lives.

Also you might as well let the Rachni queen live when you get the chance so you can pretend like your choice mattered
>>
>>340468475
And then Shephard talks to a magical space god in the form of a child who gets rid of them all
>>
>>340483514
Aah, yeah that all does make sense.

Ultimately what had me go back was the idea that Kaiden seemed like he was the most resolved to die for the mission. The complications with the L2 biotics probably have something to do with that. He's also the quickest to volunteer. But that's true, from the role of a good leader who will do everything he can to see the mission succeed, it makes more sense to send Ashley with the Salarians.
>>
>>340483514
The bomb is still defended by Kaidan and a handful of soldiers though, and by rescuing Ashley you're also rescuing Kirahee and his men. It's the choice between a captain and a lieutenant, and the captain is always priority.
>>
>>340484021
>Kaidan/Ashley are only in ME2 for like one scene
Yeah and ME3 for the entire game.
>>
Shit replaying ME3 loaded with mods and finishing it correctly felt really good, Citadel as post endgame is the correct and only choice.

Good but assertive Shep is best Shep
>that quarian who almost killed civs, me and my people
>punching and telling him to get the fuck out of my ship never felt so good
>insult the salarian cunt who trashtalked about the Krogans in front of Wrex and me
>kill chinese edgelord in name of kirahee
>kill my clone and the cunt who worked for cerberus
that shit is so good that it's a shame one would make a only paragon playtrough
>>
>>340469991

2deep for /v/.

Every Mass Effect thread here is a circle jerk for the cynical group thinks about how bad they think these games are when in reality they are superior to most. Even 3.
>>
>>340484216
>playing ME3 twice
>ever
>>
>>340484021
I let the Rachni queen live anyway. I'm guessing Bioware pulls a Leliana and she comes back regardless?
>>
>>340483824
Of course I have. Full renegade Vanguard was a really fun playthrough.

>>340483759
>but 1 he is a genocidal, murdering piece of evil shit.
Not really. Maybe a bit racist and petty, but he never takes joy in murder. The closest ME1 gets to "piece of evil shit" is enjoying when he thinks someone is getting their comeuppance. He's a dick, yes but Renegade Shepard is either giving into vices or doing bad shit for the sake of the mission. Now, that's just my memory so I'm open to being corrected with examples of dialogue.

If anything, I'd say ME2 Shepard was the most "evil" renegade in terms of outright murdering people and being a cunt in responses.
>>
>>340484110
My game must have bugged out or something because the Salarians were still saved even though i went back to protect the bomb.
>>
>>340484431
If she died, an identical clone shows up and the same thing happens anyway
>>
>>340480464
>That garbage intro on Earth that even further dumbs down the Reapers as big Gozilla monsters. No closure given to Arrival.
>The completely neutered Dialogue wheel that only gave you 2 options 90% of the time, assuming it even bothered to show up and Shepard doesn't arbitrarily decide to start flirting with Kaiden.
>Quaren/Geth arc is literally just the Genophage arc copy pasted.
>press spacebar to do everything fucks up the cover system even more.
>Garbage Weapon balancing. Shotguns have better range and damage than most snipers
>STEEEEEEEEEEEEVE
>Dead crewmates are literally just reskinned into another person of their race for their mission.
Oh yeah, and the ending was also total shit.

At least Citadel was redeemable.
>>
>>340484431
Short answer, yes. It's the same situation no matter what except if you killed here there's a new queen who fucks you over offscreen.
>>
>>340484338
It's not that bad, come on anon you're being silly.
>>
>There was this one time the turians almost wiped out our entire race. That was fun.
Damn, I really miss first mass effect
They really fucked up 2 and 3
>>
>>340484642
This, the fucking intro was disappointing as fuck and the storyline just got worse from there. People whobsay it was good until the end must be blind, or didn't pay attention in the previous games.
>>
>>340484789
it is
>>
File: 1381343928527.gif (950 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1381343928527.gif
950 KB, 400x225
>>340484696
>Legion gets killed
>lel it's just a body for our hivemind we can make like 500 more
>5 minutes later
>NOOO THIS UNIT IS SUPER SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE AND MUST DIE BECAUSE HITTING CTRL C IS TOO HARD
>>
>>340484642
>assuming it even bothered to show up and Shepard doesn't arbitrarily decide to start flirting with Kaiden.
We'll bang, okay?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bbrQ5EkBz4
>>
File: 1407954720218.jpg (72 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
1407954720218.jpg
72 KB, 500x738
>>340484642
>Shit on Kaiden all of 1
>Shit on Kaiden in 2
>3 starts
>Suddenly I'm best friends with Kaiden
>>
>>340484110
Kirrahe and his men surviving has nothing to do with who you go to save, somehow.

The bomb is the mission and Shepard isn't going to neglect the mission for some ants and a twat. Not like Kaiden is a powerhouse anyway, that's why he didn't go with the STG team in the first place in my scenario.
>>
I don't understand what you guy have against the indoctrination theory
It makes a lot more sense of the shit that happened in the game
Just because redditfags like it doesn't mean it's inherently bad
>>
>>340485154
Man I miss the general campy moodiness of ME1. I don't know how better to describe it but ME2 went full grimdark and I don't even know what the fuck to call ME3's aesthetic.
>>
>>340484551
It does affect some EMS points and I think contributes to if Grunt survives or not.

And while the EMS system isn't great, it could have mattered a lot more if the requirements were higher. People were mad multiplayer seemingly cut your EMS in half, but really with DLC and the extended cut it was more like MP doubled your score because of how many points there were.
>>
>>340483271
Nooooooooooo
>>
>>340484642
Same happened with Ashley in the first one. All i was doing was being nice and now i have to deal with her constantly trying to rape me and somehow i even like her at all romantically. I never said anything that would imply it.
>>
File: ME3_Vendetta_VI.png (611 KB, 798x1080) Image search: [Google]
ME3_Vendetta_VI.png
611 KB, 798x1080
>>340485450
Because we have a VI who tells us twice that we're not indoctrinated.
>>
File: 1437139323652.jpg (116 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
1437139323652.jpg
116 KB, 500x390
>you will never play ME for the first time ever again
>you will never fall asleep while watching TNG and thinking what the future might hold for this series past the first game
ME3 killed my ability to get hyped on anything.
Well actually, it was TOR, ME3 and D3.
Man what a rollercoaster of disappointment those years were.
>>
>>340485531
>ME2 went full grimdark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQXbbWVJ4sA
>>
>>340485154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFR4socSv_E
>>
>>340484216
wrong

Kaiden/Ashley get shit on the first mission on Mars then you don't see them till like 2/3rds of the way through because Bioware didn't wnat to pay voice actors anymore hence

>everyone just getting a cameo
>>
>>340484642
What I really hatted re: the dialogue wheel and biware's weird guerrilla flirting dialogue options popping up in seemingly innocent conversations was the fact that you couldn't be nice to blast hardcheese in ME3 as femshep without suddenly trying to crawl into his pants thanks to the fact that there's no neutral dialogue option. He's not even romanceable but femshep always spontaneously tries to ride his dick in the same conversation where she emphasizes her role as his superior and leader. It's fucking weird.
>>
Mass effect 3's multiplayer was the greatest thing to happen to the series. Literal perfection.
>>
Shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1445547754622.png (209 KB, 387x800) Image search: [Google]
1445547754622.png
209 KB, 387x800
>>340468475
>You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
>>
>>340485732
>tfw Mass 1 was the first game I just let the credits roll
>tfw Mass 1 made me believe in video games again
>tfw I put over 100hrs + in mass 1
>tfw Bioware destroyed their own IP harder than Bungie did to Halo
>>
>>340485785
Is this the ME version of the TNG edits?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7jbP1_H9sA
>>
File: TIM.png (110 KB, 200x274) Image search: [Google]
TIM.png
110 KB, 200x274
>>340485785
>>
>>340485938
Mentioning it is passing isn't bad
Going on and on about how gay you are is when it gets annoying
There's nothing inherently wrong with gay characters, it's only when it's their defining feature
>>
>>340484334
Come on dude let's be real ME is dollar-store scifi shit
>>
>>340485737
Lighthearted moments don't negate the fact that the tone intentionally got much different and much darker.
>>
>>340485938
>That dying message from his Husband
>I LOVE YOU BAE AND I KNOW I'M ABOUT TO DIE BUT WE SHOULD REALLY START SEEING OTHER PEOPLE

As a faggot I am fucking triggered.
>>
What the fuck is this thing?
>>
>>340485938
He was a pretty good character when he wasn't being a hamfisted romance option.
>>
>only just got around to starting 2 yesterday
>five hours in and considering dropping it

Does it get better or is it just gonna keep being linear cover shooting with themes of racism?
>>
>>340485938
This one wasn't bad
because you talk about situation when he fucking lost his husband
>>
>>340486324
That's a Diana Allers.
>>
>>340486324
I thought they couldn't fuck up a mocap face transfer harder than they did with Yvonne Strahovski but Bioware never fails to skyrocket past my expectations into uncharted realms of terrible.
>>
>>340486452
No, in fact it gets worse as TIM keeps sending you into more and more traps that you only escape from because the collectors are literally the stupidest race of bugs in the history of science fiction.
>>
>>340485852
>>340484216
Well there's stuff on Earth and Mars, then they're in the hospital for the first half of the game. You can recruit them after the 6th "Priority: Blank" story mission, of which there are 14. If you count Earth as a mission, then it's the 7th mission.

Genuine ME3 spoilers for that one anon bothering with the tags.
But let's be real, we all shot them in the face as soon as they pulled a gun on us.
>>
>>340486647
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH AFTER 10 THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE. TIME TO CONQUER EARTH
>>
>>340480912
Nope, you have literally zero taste.

The writing for Sovereign was top notch because of the context. You were running around the galaxy to stop Saren from summoning the Reapers, but you had no idea what the Reapers were like. Then suddenly it's revealed that Saren's ship is the real enemy and a Reaper and shit suddenly makes a lot more sense.

On top of that, Sovereign behaved consistently with the idea that he genuinely is too big, old and advanced for you to understand. He never mentions Shepard by name. He really doesn't give a shit about Shepard as an individual, he's just some insignificant organic that happens to be in his way. This is a huge contrast to ME2 and 3 where the Reapers are obsessed with Shepard(as is everyone else).

ME1 makes you feel small, a tiny cog in the workings of the galaxy.

2 and 3 make you feel like the main actor, director and the audience as well. Everything revolves around Shepard, and that is why in them the angle that Reapers are too immense for you to understand falls flat as fuck.
>>
>>340486471
The bad thing about it is the fact that he's standing in the middle of a shuttle bay with at least like four other people openly sobbing his eyes out while listening to a loud recording of his husband's last moments. All so that the game can establish that he's fuckable to male sheps.

It's not like it's a branching conversation option that you have to explore yourself, you walk into the shuttle bay and can hear him listening to it before approaching. It's even less subtle than Traynor's very first encounter talking about how hard she wants to fuck EDI's voice.
>>
>>340471869

>This is wrong.

Except it isnt? That ending was spoiled a year before the game came out and the directors said they made "some" changes to "keep it fresh"
>>
File: ITBoyz.jpg (55 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
ITBoyz.jpg
55 KB, 512x512
>>340471842
It would be significantly better

Anything from the Warhammer universe would probably shreck one way or another.

>The Imperium has bigger and better ships, can annihilate a planet with a single round and wouldn't hesitate to do so
>A space marine probably equals five shepards
>Cerberus would probably fall behind the Imperium's vision anyway, probably convince the rest of humanity to follow, bye-bye Xeno scum

>Chaos could mindfuck and literally fuck everything and everyone, turning them into hedonistic slaves
>psychic powers > biotic powers
>The gods would crush the powers that be in Mass Effect with plagues, sex, BLOOD, and probably plenty of JUST AS PLANNED

>If Eldar were at full power their tech could decimate entire fleets and civilizations

>Tau: see elder

>Orkz are like a combination of Krogan and Rachni, except even worse
>Plus throw in their gestalt psychic field
>And their affinity for turning other people's lewt into their own dakka
>And not surrendering until the last spore is destroyed

>Tyranids would nom everything and there is probably nothing anyone in ME could do about it

>Necrons at full power would decimate a lot of shit

Bonus: everyone has the warp and can use it to go anywhere (however unreliable that may be), while ME has the Mass Relays; blow those up nd all the races are fucked.

>
>>
>>340486159
Lighthearted moments negate your use of the word "full".
>>
>get into huge argument with my friend over ME3 endings
>because he only insists that Destroy is the only option to pick because its the only one where Shepard lives, and doesnt care about the recently allied Geth all being destroyed as he doesn't see them as sentient
>refuses to acknowledge my idea that doing so is just proving the Reapers right, that organics and synthetics cant co-exist, and that this action will just lead to the cycle restarting again someday
>he just nopes and wants his happy ending
The fact that ME3's endings caused discussions and arguments between us about the basis of sentience and whether we can ever get along with our AI creations does redeem the game a bit for me.
>>
>>340486108
yeah because top quality space opera is so common in vidya, come on
>>
>>340486452
>linear cover shooting with themes of racism
So ME1?
>>
>>340486904
Okay I was speaking in hyperbole but that's fair.
>>
File: Doctor_Claw.jpg (15 KB, 450x280) Image search: [Google]
Doctor_Claw.jpg
15 KB, 450x280
>>340468809
>Mass Effect 1
>Sovereign only talks to you when you steal Saren's phone and call him, otherwise he couldn't give 2 shits about you

>Mass Effect 2
>Harbinger personally comes down to get shot in the face 500 times as he shouts 'IM GUNNA BEAT YOU UP SO HARD SHEPARD'
>>
>>340486723
You did probably but I didn't. Ash was my waifu the entire series I didn't even LI anyone in 2 but I didn't care to play another one after 100% ME2.

I shot the shit out of Udina though, fuck that bitch
>>
>>340486723
Nah but I always make Kaidan shoot Udina for shits and giggles.
>>
>Will I have bad dreams?
>I'm not going to lie to you. I just don't know. But I know you are strong enough to face it.
Why they changed renegade Shepard into racist jerk in the 2 and 3?
In first game he had some nice lines
>>
File: 1462973500964.jpg (59 KB, 881x758) Image search: [Google]
1462973500964.jpg
59 KB, 881x758
>>340470836
>each Reaper was made a lobster
kek
>>
>>340486723
>Renegade
>'Kaiden, do you really want to pull a gun on ME?'
>'o-okay'

one of the few moments 3 shined.
>>
>>340486971
ME3 endings fucking suck because the premise is so retarded, that organics and synthetics will end up killing each other, because it's against everything the past 3 games show you. The only homicidal synthetics are the Reapers. Geth didn't do shit before Sovereign recruited them in ME1, and ME3 shows you that the Quarians got exactly what they deserved. On top of that Geth didn't want to fight, except until when the fucking Reapers started broadcasting the signal you have to shut down in 3, after that's taken care of, Geth behave reasonably again. Then in the last 15minutes of the game a space kid tells you that "hey, actually Geth will eventually kill everyone, you have no option but to take my word on this, even though it goes against everything you've witnessed so far and in fact, you don't even have the option to doubt me. Deal with it."
>>
>>340487058
I loved how Harbinger showed up at the end of ME3 in the flesh, shot you with a big laser, and still failed to kill you.
>>
>>340487070
>>340487239

>Udina

This legit pissed me off.

Udina in the first game was a stern, but fair politician. By the second game, he was purposely flanderized into a dick (complete with Shadow Borker fanservice of him getting the piss kicked out of him). Then it turns out he's a Cerberus agent all along? Fuck that.
>>
>>340487035
The general internet tone of hyperbole is pretty shit, it only serves to inflate stances to the point of being incorrect.

Hyperbole has it's uses, but not in an argument unless you're trying to win on emotion instead of evidence.

>>340487058
>Mass Effect 1
>Sovereign considers you like any other organic, until you play a central role in blowing him the fuck out.

>Mass Effect 2
>Leader of the Reapers forces knows you're an exceptional individual because of ME1 and wants to study you first hand so it's prepared when you never meet in ME3.
>>
>>340487418
it's not even a laser, it's a fucking beam of melted uranium shot at near light speed that can cut dreadnoughts in half
>>
>>340487536
>shepard
>exceptional individual because of ME1
This is why me2 is garbage
>>
>>340470836
I like the idea behind the original intention, but it was still dumb
Why did the Reapers make the mass relays in the first place?
Why didn't they wipe out all life
>>
>>340487536
If Harbinger thinks Shepard is such a threat why doesn't he just vaporize him on Horizon? Or killing him in any of a million ways before reaching the center of the collector ship? Or try to indirectly stall Shepard's progress? Or do anything besides give random grunts a +5 boon and shout like a fucking retard.
>>
>>340487470
>Udina in the first game was a stern, but fair politician.
Until he tried to take over galactic civilization with a human Czar leading everyone.

>Then it turns out he's a Cerberus agent all along? Fuck that.
>all along
That's some nice fanficiton you're writing. His change was a recent one and motivated by his own cowardice in the face of extinction. And also, Cerberus could indoctrinate people at that point and characters in game wonder if he was indoctrinated.
>>
>>340486452
if you liked 1, and are struggling with 2. drop it now. the next two games will ruin everything you liked about 1.
>>
Why didn't the Reaper on Rannoch just swipe the beam horizontally? You're telling me that this ancient race of sentient mass murdering space crabs have harvested billions of species but never installed horizontal motion for their molten death beams?
>>
>>340468475
THE SPACE DILDOES
>>
>>340487881
actually in that scenario what they should have done is mining all the element zero of the galaxy and ferrying it to dark space, that way nobody could've made mass effect fields
>>
>>340487649
Yes, he was the organics' answer to Sovereign's Saren, Saren was defeated, and thus Shepard was the one individual most responsible for Sovereign's defeat.
>>
>>340487547
>Dreadnoughts fire rounds that would cause an extinction level event on any planet
>This is clearly established in 1 and 2
>Minutes into 3 we see a Dread fire off 800 rounds into a Reaper half a mile from Shepard
>At the end fleets of Dreads shoot at Reapers in low Earth orbit

SIR ISSAC NEWTON IS APPARENTLY NOT THE MOST DEADLY SON OF A BITCH IN SPACE.
>>
>>340488081
Sovereign was defeated only because he go full retard in the end and because Saren conviced him to go with this stupid plan and not just fly into citadel
There many others spectres who on the same level as Shepard
It's just me2 decided to go with humanity and Shepard being a special snowflakes in the universe
There literally no reason for reapers to treat him differently
>>
>>340484642
>Our numbers will darken the skies on every world.
>Or a few dozen of us will stomp around a some major cities, that works too
>>
>>340487901
Did Harbinger let Shepard go or something?
It seems like you're implying Harbinger let Shepard go or had the chance to kill him on Horizon or on the Collector Ship.

I mean Harbinger tried to kill Shepard when he blew up the Normandy in the beginning, every time he gave his "+5 boon" to a collector it was an attempt to murder Shepard, and the Collector trap was to disable Shepard's team. I don't know why you'd make up something like "Oh, Harbinger could have indirectly stalled Shepard."

The Reaper ship Harbinger was still in Dark Space for all of ME2.
>>
ME3's writer should be shot
>>
>people actually defend me2 writing
What the fuck
>>
>>340488686
This, and the multiplayer team should be in charge of everything.
>>
How can me2 and 3 even compete?
>>
>>340488505
What did Saren convince Sovereign of?
Saren was a puppet for Sovereign with barely enough free will to kill himself.

Didn't Sovereign just fly into the Citadel?

Why would Reapers give one shit about who organics deem are their greatest space cops? No other spectre stopped Saren or Sovereign.

Why are you just still asserting there's no reason to treat Shepard differently when I explained pretty clearly why the Reapers would care about him. Shepard ruined their plan in ME1, so he's of special interest moving forward.

ME1 was an attempt to get the normal cycle back on track. That fucked up, so 2 and 3 have the Reapers facing an unknown situation. Studying Shepard doesn't need to be anything more than trying to turn a variable into a constant, a known quantity.
>>
>>340488567
Why didn't he just vaporize the Horizon colony after the ship flew up? There weren't any fleets or anything in orbit to stop him. If the Alliance doesn't care about hundreds of thousands of people going missing, they're not going to care about some backwater that isn't even part of the Alliance turning to glass.

Why didn't Harbinger seal Shepard in any room in the collector ship. Or shoot the Normandy the second he docked. Or do anything before Shepard got EDI to compromise the ship.

It's clearly established that the collectors do deal with other races. Why not get the barbarians to start fucking with him an Cerberus? They wouldn't need much excuse to fuck with humans. Or why doesn't he pay assassins or Mercs to kill him every time he enters a port.

Why doesn't Harbinger do anything at all to stop Shepard after the first 10 minutes?
It's because he's a Saturday morning cartoon villain written by hacks.

It's pretty clearly shown that Harbinger was controlling the Collectors through the leader.
>>
>>340489284
Shut up
Mass Effect 2 writing is flawless
>>
>>340487394
oh and not to forget the fucking EDI which at the same time is the worst character in the entire series in every possible way and at the same time completely pulls the rug under the ending's premise

she helps you all the way and several times states through both words and deeds that she wants the reapers stopped, has the sloppy love story with Joker, has emotions written in by the hacks at bioware, but then the space kid basically tells you that "yep, she will become homicidal and will want to exterminate all organics because I say so"

literally what the fuck? how is writing this shit even humanly possible?
>>
>>340489284
Holy shit, play the game again. You clearly don't remember anything about it.

>Why didn't he just vaporize the Horizon colony after the ship flew up?
Under attack, it's getting the fuck out.

>Why didn't Harbinger seal Shepard in any room in the collector ship.
It was part of the IFF trap.

>Or why doesn't he pay assassins or Mercs to kill him every time he enters a port.
Because what the fuck are mercs going to do to Shepard? Didn't you play ME1 and 2? Why not just fly the eagles to Mordor?

>Why doesn't Harbinger do anything at all to stop Shepard after the first 10 minutes?
Why don't you stop shit posting? I urge you in your next post to just focus on this claim that Harbinger didn't do anything at all to stop Shepard after the first 10 minutes. It's so fallacious I can only hope you're using shitty internet hyperbole because you can't use evidence to support your claims.
>>
>>340468475
Yep because they realized that after ME 2 turned into an alien dating simulator their audience age dropped to 14 and they had to lower the bar so that millennials could not overheat trying to figure out the story
>>
>>340491268
>grr us vs them, everything wrong in the world is the fault of THEM

Time to evolve anon
>>
>>340491268
>implying ME1 wasn't aimed at 14 year olds
>millennials are dumb meme
Apply yourself.
>>
File: sad volus.jpg (47 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
sad volus.jpg
47 KB, 500x400
>tfw you spent 2.5 hours in this thread and didn't realize it
>>
One thing i can give them in the sequel is letting us fucking run outside of combat.

Oh yeah i'm the best soldier in the whole fucking universe but i can only run for 2 seconds and only in combat.
>>
>>340491825
>Not having multiple threads up at once so it doesn't feel as bad
>>
File: H2A_Gravemind.png (715 KB, 1920x815) Image search: [Google]
H2A_Gravemind.png
715 KB, 1920x815
>>340468475
>>
>>340492702
2bh any villain that speaks in iambic pentameter is by default pretty good
>>
Has any game done an eldritch, unknowable horror justice?
>>
>>340493781
halo, with the flood
>>
>>340487881
reapers didn't made relays, protheans did.
>>
>>340486892
Okay, I'm not trying to be a dick but you have to stop saying decimate because you don't know what it means.
>>
>>340494112
nigga what
>>
>>340483271
Even the reapers can recognize that space trash isn't worth saving.
>>
>>340494112
Did you even play the game?
>>
>>340494112
The only thing remotely close that the Protheans made was the conduit
>>
File: 1421066526053.gif (2 MB, 512x396) Image search: [Google]
1421066526053.gif
2 MB, 512x396
>>340494112
>2016
>ME3 has been out for 4 years
>Being this wrong.
>>
>>340478813
No joke. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting, but their just toying with Shepard's mind to speak to him was a nice little bit of insight into why the Reapers do what they do: they're machines designed by a race that communicates by toying with other creatures' minds. On the most basic functional level, Reapers aren't even in the slightest sense human. We don't work, think, or act in any way like they do, and even the best of intentions would come across wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEqlG6bhZ80
>>
>>340494112
"The mass relays, despite common belief, were created not by the Protheans but by the Reapers. As stated by Sovereign, the Protheans were merely one of many alien races to find the relays and the Citadel and take advantage of them. When the Reapers wiped out the Protheans, the asari were the next race to find the relays thousands of years later. According to Sovereign, by using the relays, galactic civilizations evolve along the paths the Reapers desire. In addition, the relays serve to accelerate the rate at which those civilizations advance, shortening the time between Reaper harvests."
>>
nice ur-quan rip off
>>
>>340494891
dude what
>>
>>340494891
>rip off
they didn't seem all that similar. Ur-Quan weren't Cthulhu-esque at all.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.