[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halo 2 Vista
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1465355669362.png (795 KB, 854x720) Image search: [Google]
1465355669362.png
795 KB, 854x720
Come play zombies.
>>
>>340466651
We got a /v/ server yet?
I don't really want to play with the lagging and occasionally cheating Colombians again.
>>
File: 4L_tooJU0xa.jpg (265 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
4L_tooJU0xa.jpg
265 KB, 1680x1050
Seeing the threads made me try this, then I tried Dewrito. I didn't even think it existed anymore, but it's apparently still alive, you just have to download a 2gb zip and open the exe.
It's just fucking Halo 3 with less arcade physics and the ability to run, why are we playing Halo 2?

>because halo 2 was bett-
don't bother.
>>
just set up a server
join up faggots
>>
Please come save us from the hordes of Spaniards
>>
>>340467306
halo2 was much better. the maps were way better
>>
>>340467306
It's not Dewrito. You download Halo 2 Vista and play online using Silent Cartographer. It's a very new project.
>>
someone create a vanilla assault server. I'm dying to play it on waterworks and headlong
>>
>>340466651
>HEY LETS PLAY HALO 1
>HEY LETS PLAY HALO ONLINE MODDED TO BE HALO 3
>HEY LETS PLAY HALO 2

fucking godamnit /v/ makeup you're fucking mind
>>
I don't get it. Back then people would be going crazy over Zombies and the players here don't care at all. Come here and make it right, /v/.
>>
>>340468028
>Silent Cartographer
Project Cartographer, oops.
>>
Where do i connect?
>>
File: 4L_MfEsCD2j.gif (781 KB, 245x238) Image search: [Google]
4L_MfEsCD2j.gif
781 KB, 245x238
>>340468028
Not him but I tried this new project, it's basically piracy with DRM.
You have no legit way to get a digital copy of Halo 2 at this point, so you're almost forced to pirate it (if you do, you clearly already played/owned it so it's not that much of a deal): each thread has also links to the full game download, I used that

If you can't connect to the master server you can't also play single player. The game will drop to 10fps for no reason at all, even after it stopped searching for the server connection. If you remove the mods files from the folder the game will not start at all.

So yeah, it's user-made DRM
>>
>>340468614
That's right, you pirate it if you don't have it and there are torrent links right in the OP image.

The fps problem is probably on your end because I have a computer from 2011 that runs it full speed at 1080p.

But yes you do have to use their launcher to play the game. They aren't making money off it so how is it DRM?
>>
>>340468445
What do you mean?
>>
>>340469163
Wheres that zombies
I only have the base game do i need to install something else?
Probably need to reinstall because windows live is kill right?
>>
>>340468882
>you pirate it if you don't have it
I said the opposite
If you get to the point you're downloading the awful pc port of a 2004 console game locked to Vista just to play a bit more with some unofficial multiplayer (when there's a legit "current age" version of it out there), then you probably played or owned it before

>the fps problem is probably on your end
I have a 980ti anon, looks like you didn't get it
Turn off your internet connection and start the game. It will literally say "you'll experience fps drop", but then it stops trying connecting while keeping around 1-10 fps at best. If you start any more, anything at all, even the menu, it will be 10 fps until it's able to connect.

>how is it DRM?
You can't play single player if the game isn't connected to the project master server.
>>
>>340469671
If you've already got the base game, download the patches and the launcher in the image senpai
>>
>>340470971
Ok will try this
>>
>>340471118
But be careful, because if the project fails in any way, you won't be able to play your legit copy anymore
>>
>>340471289
Even if i reinstall with the disc?
>>
>>340468250
Yes sir.
>>
>>340468614
>>340470090
Is it possible for me to have 2 halo 2 installs then, one that uses this for online, and one that doesn't for offline?

I already own a legit copy of H2V, if that matters.
>>
zombiiieees
>>
File: 1452307175487.jpg (37 KB, 528x480) Image search: [Google]
1452307175487.jpg
37 KB, 528x480
>tfw won't be able to play until the weekend
being a wagecuck is suffering
>>
How come whenever I try to join a server it tells me that it is a different version of Halo 2? I updated it using the H2Online launcher.
>>
>All that shit just to play a 12 year old game

Fuck that, who /killingfloor/
>>
>>340473645
literally took me like 1 minute lmao
>>
>>340473517
That's just the Cartographer updater. You need the latest patch for the game itself.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.