[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E3 Nintendo acquires Shigesato Itoi + mystery developer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10
File: dev.jpg (7 KB, 704x708) Image search: [Google]
dev.jpg
7 KB, 704x708
Insider Bro here.

Last minute negotiations for Shigesato Itoi to rejoin Nintendo in a formal dev capacity were clinched as recently as a month ago. This is apparently part of nintendo's big nx initiative. There will be no announced games headed by Itoi, but is expected to commence exploratory work immediately, as well as functioning in an unnamed managerial position. Less certain is the nature of the newly hired outside developer. Information is pretty sparse on actual in-company function other than that he will be porting previous projects to the nx system. There are rumors that he will be working in tandem with Shigesato Itoi, but honestly I'm not a big-league higher up leaker, so I don't really know, and would therefore remain suspicious. As for his identity, a reasonable amount of information points to him being none other than TobyFox
>>
>source: my ass
>>
>>340464601
Even if that was true, its literally nothing.
The only reason im here is to tell you that you are pathetic.
>>
>>340465180
screencap if you want
>>340465268
Man idk what you want me to say, I thought people would want to know about upcoming nintendo events.
>>
File: dangerous.jpg (13 KB, 304x171) Image search: [Google]
dangerous.jpg
13 KB, 304x171
>proof? try checking my smelly, sweaty fucking ass
>>
>>340465491
The only source you provided was your word...which is less in value since your on an anonymous image board. As far as you know im the ghost of iwata, with a bunch of nintendo "news". Do yourself a favor and stop trying to fit in. This is nothing but a cry for attention.
>>
File: aquaintliness pieces.png (193 KB, 570x427) Image search: [Google]
aquaintliness pieces.png
193 KB, 570x427
>>340464601
I'd be okay with this. If Toby Fox was working with Itoi I have a feeling he'd look up to Itoi's suggestions and simply try to incorporate his own, but if Itoi didn't think they'd be good, I think Fox would have the decency to comply. Itoi's got more experience in game design so I think Fox could even pick up some pointers from him.

In any case, if we got the best out of this, we'd get a game with a lot of good music and a lot of time and effort put into it as long as it doesn't end up in development hell like Mother 2 & 3 did. If everything goes smoothly, however, we could get a game that could essentially be Undertale 2, but with everything fleshed out as much as possible. More complex sparing mechanics, more interesting RPG mechanics, stronger shmup gameplay, and all the storyline and backstory linking into itself. After all, Chara's role is never really explained in full, and requires a fucking thesis to really put together all the pieces the Fox may or may not have intended for them to be.

Worst case is something I couldn't even imagine, it'd probably be shit though.

It would definitely have good tunes though. Toby Fox at his best is a treat to the ears and Mother has always had good music.
>>
>>340464601
Hi, I, too, am a insider bro here.

Itoi will actually be heading the new initiative to bring retro HD remixs to the NX
If fact, Itoi will claim ownership of Nintendo in 3 years. Also, Microsoft and Nvidia will have a chance to participate in the software design of the NX, hopefully bringing out the full potential of the VR-NX project.
>>
>>340464601

...Who's Tobyfox?
>>
File: asriel mimiga.png (6 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
asriel mimiga.png
6 KB, 480x480
>>340464601
>mfw this is true
>mfw we get Undertale remastered
>Overworld artstyle is completely revamped and is now fully cohesive
>Hard Mode is finished and is essentially New Game+ with more story
>Asriel sees his parents one last time if you do a pacifist run
>All major characters fight back in Genocide, some at the level of Undyne's power
>All enemy animations become as complex and smooth as the endgame enemies in the original game
>shmup mechanics are revamped and more complex
>RPG mechanics get deeper, enemies inflict status effects with hard to dodge bullets
>Flowey shows up much more often, mocking you for multiple things.
>Restarting a save will come up with many more bits of text about how you've seen some tings before.
>All enemies are different to make sure you know that they're all separate characters you're killing, i.e Chilldrake once you kill or spare Snowdrake
>Alphys finally gets reprimanded for her actions
>Asgore stands up for himself and tells Toriel what she did wrong too
>Gaster becomes an actual character in some fashion, but not enough to learn everything about him
>Chara's role is less forced in, can be found through foreshadowing throughout the game that they've been the narrator the whole time
>Chara can be redeemed if you do a pacifist run, and you can see their spirit in the end of it as well.
>>
>>340467640
Kill yourself and all of you furfaggots, your memegame was a huge mistake and finally starting to die by the other flavor of the month
>>
>>340466007
>>340465865
Not expecting accolades.
>>
>>340464601
Why do we only get Nintendo "insiders"? Why always Nintendo?
>>
>>340467973
>STILL getting triggered by Undertale

Jesus, just let it go.
>>
>>340469279
Because there's a gigantic meme on /v/ that it's ok if Nintendo does it and that includes Nintendo fans
>>
>>340469279
because nobody gives a shit about your multiplat/pay for online machines
>>
File: 08.jpg (124 KB, 816x546) Image search: [Google]
08.jpg
124 KB, 816x546
I would rather my man Itoi do something himself and not mother related, he's a bit older now now but as witty and lively as ever.
>>
>>340464601
>anon provides job info
WAY TO THROUGH AWAY YOUR JOB IDIOT
>anon give no job info
HOW DO WE KNOW WE CAN TRUET YOU IDIOT
>>
CONFIRMED
>>
>>340465491
Yeah but who the fuck is Itoi and who the fuck are TobyFox? This would be news if Nintendo bought an actual developer/publisher that people gave a shit about.
>>
File: Curly-sleep.gif (14 KB, 469x421) Image search: [Google]
Curly-sleep.gif
14 KB, 469x421
>>340467640
Hmm, really wonder if mimiga were what inspired the goat people seeing that image
>chara being redeemable
Why? Not everyone should be redeemable, let there beva true villian.
>>
>>340466162
You literally typed all that, kill yourself man please.
>>
File: 10166656.jpg (15 KB, 227x318) Image search: [Google]
10166656.jpg
15 KB, 227x318
>>340470003
>not knowing itoi
Buddy...
>>
>>340469917
>5th ALT
Reminds me of Tonari no Sekikun
>>
>>340470419
Why is itoi so handsome?
>>
>>340470061
>Why? Not everyone should be redeemable, let there beva true villian.
But that goes against everything Undertale stands for. You're expected to spare Flowey the Flower, the most psychopathic character in the game.

And besides, with all the proof in the below post, I think it really was going to be that Chara was the narrator and wasn't a bad person, just misguided.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160526023417/http://thefloweryfanclub.tumblr.com/post/143284030397/greetings-uh-so-ive-been-working-on-this

>inb4
>tumblr
>dropped
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 2027x1137) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 2027x1137
>First PC loses Xcom 2
>now they lose Undertale
>yfw you didn't build a PC
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.