[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's like you guys don't even remember what fun feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1463346986465.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1463346986465.png
444 KB, 800x600
It's like you guys don't even remember what fun feels like.

>MUH MODES
>MUH MATCHMAKING
>MUH PUBSTOMPING
>MUH SUPPORTS

If you can't have fun and adapt to a new game, you're bad. It's an enjoyable game and more fun than 90% of the still-active multiplayer shooters out there. It's even got health pickups and only a few characters have regen. Just admit that you're playing the GOTY and shut up.
>>
The game's balanced horribly and attack/defense maps, which are the maps i have to play the most, are never ever fun to play.

The game's got potential but its current balance is disgusting and I'm seriously concerned that it'll stay that way.
>>
>>340463197
I wish blizzdrones would leave
>>
>>340463379
>>340463326
>People without friends

How can 7 million people be wrong?
>>
>>340463197
Some critical design flaws I've noticed while playing this game:
1) Infinite ammo means that you can spam, non stop. It severely reduces skill requirements for heroes like Junkrat and Hanzo, who can just keep shooting their fucking projectiles all over the place and undoubtedly get kills eventually. The fact that spam is so prevalent in this game leads to a second problem
2) Supports are crucial to the game. There aren't enough health packs to go around and many of the maps are based around choke points, meaning that you need a constant stream of heals to get you through
3) Supporting is not fun. Lucio is whatever, at least he's mobile, but being a mercy is the definition of a healbot. You just hope the enemy doesn't manage to hit you, and your biggest contribution to fights is that you wait for the enemy to blow their shit on your allies behind a corner, and then rush in there and press Q, hoping you don't die before you get the big res
4) Ultimates are too fucking strong. The amount of time I lost what was a sure victory simply because their mei had her ult and pharah had her ult was stupid. The only realistic way to win as an attacking team is to just have your ults, which, again, like infinite ammo, severely lowers the skill requirement for winning a game.
>>
>>340463471
I have a group of friends but I've lost interest in the game because the balance is just abysmal. There's only so many times I can die to a fucking McCree pressing E behind me before I just pick up my toys and go home.
>>
>>340463197
POO IN LOO
>>
>>340463197
Favor the shooter was a mistake.
>>
creeeeeeeeeepy fucking overshillers

they just dont stop

they're like some grinning guy jacking off, and he just keeps jacking off while you watch
>>
>>340463842
point 3 isn't entirely true. Supporting is either not fun, or not support. Zenyatta needs more healing on his harmony orbs or more harmony orbs to throw around.
>>
>>340463197
I would have more fun with Overwatch if it didn't decide that this week it wanted to match me with the worst of the worst players when I didn't have this problem before.
>>
>fun
>matches that last from 2 to 9 minutes that you'll never ever remember since they're all the fucking same
>>
File: 7c6.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
7c6.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>340463842
This.

There's a bunch of design flaws in the game that just make it incredibly frustrating. Say what you want about TF2, but Valve had the foresight to deal with all of these
>Snipers were slow to shoot and charge, but could basically always take out high value threats like that medic with uber or heavy on cart - couldn't just body shot rapidly
>Same with the spy, which let you coordinate assaults on heavily fortified enclosed areas, unlike OW where you either need a Lucio ult or an incredibly lucky Rein.
>Demonades not being explode on hit after bouncing, unlike Junkrat's shit
>Very little stuns/disables
>Teleporters being quick and cheap so both teams spend less time walking (and not having fun) but did take some investment to get to max level that you could instead be putting towards sentry or dispenser.
>Very few rapid bullet weapons, plus most weapons reloading one round at a time meant fights were more focused on ammo conservation and proper aiming than holding down LMB - made worse with infinite ammo
>Very few weapons that could headshot, going with the above point to allow you to prioritize meatshots rather than headshots.

I still think that there should be a ultimate penalty on death
>>
>>340463842
2 is fine since TF2 runs a medic in every comp team, no exceptions.

3 is completely subjective. I'd also say Mercy is more fun than Medic to play with.
>>
>>340465050
I think my biggest issue with this game is that its method of balancing things is making certain heroes synergize with each other or counter one another in the MOST UNFUN WAY possible.

For example, Reinhardt + Turret / Bastion
Mei, just the hero
McCree
Pharah vs ANY HITSCAN HERO
All these things are fucking bullshit and they just ruin the fun of playing this game. I'm actually mad at how poorly balanced this game is.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.