[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone even realise that this game has been released? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (94 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
94 KB, 1920x1080
Does anyone even realise that this game has been released? I haven't heard anything about it since it was announced
>>
>>340457916
I loved it, but all i got was a thread full of people screaming shill.
Not allowed to like games anymore.
>>
No, and don't expect a lot of threads either. One, it's pretty mediocre, even by normie standards, and two - Denuvo. No one will play it either way.
>>
>>340457916
I was thinking about buying it, is it worth it anon?
>>
I'm not buying EA shit and I can't pirate it.
>>
File: Bayo.gif (970 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Bayo.gif
970 KB, 480x270
>>340457916
>game with a passionate following
>"this is for the fans here is mirrors edge 2!"
>it has no soul, no personality, no charme
>0 marketing
EA dropped it real fucking fast.
>1 week before E3 release
yea EA doesn't give a shit and those who loved ME 1 will buy Catalyst.
>>
>Neo/v/ steamcockgobbling pirates haven't played a game by EA based off a great game from 8 years ago.

Doesn't surprised me. It's been a lot of fun so far.
>>
>>340457992
>loved it

Kek
>>
>>340457916
I preordered the collectors edition at gamestop but I dont have enough to pay it off right now. So they probably wont hold it for me. So I dont really care I guess. No rush to play it. I mean I want it but I wanted the loli Faith figma more
>>
File: 1463843436716.jpg (374 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1463843436716.jpg
374 KB, 1200x1600
>>340458913
>Supports EA
>Calls everyone else neo/v/
>>
>>340457916
Don't see the point of talking about it. People on /v just want to shitpost and see this game fail.
I'm enjoying catalyst so far. So thing are meh other are bad, but when everything good about the new gameplay click together it's like playing the first for the first time. Still I would recommend to wait for a discount since even among fan of the first you have people who like it and others who hate it.
>>
File: 1423425723887.png (653 KB, 750x1168) Image search: [Google]
1423425723887.png
653 KB, 750x1168
>>340457916
>/v/ is a PC centric board
>PC players ignore everything that isn't on steam (or League of legends/Minecraft)
>they actually actively boycott and hate EA
And that's why you barely see threads about it on /v/
>>
>>340459276

EA has been around since the early 90s. Fuck you faggot because whatever patch from your battlefield game pissed you off.

I play and buy good games, I don't have brand loyalty.
>>
>>340460441

Yeah good thing the company hasn't changed in ~25 years
>>
File: EA timeline summary.png (270 KB, 1915x1086) Image search: [Google]
EA timeline summary.png
270 KB, 1915x1086
>>340460441
>>
>>340457916

>EA
>Origin

Hell Battlefront only got some time on /v/ because everyone was bitching about it and in remorse over how good it could have been in anybody else's hands. That's the last EA game I remember seeing the light of day on the front page of /v/.

EA remains a shitty company that only survives on it's lifeblood of Madden for 'murricans and FIFA for everyone else.
>>
>>340458129

It's more the mediocrity and EA.

DOOM gets plenty of threads despite Denuvo.
>>
>First one was a passion project in an era of dying innovation and a huge risk
>This one is just an excuse to go bankrupt on the effort and hang off the coattails of the last one in every way
You guys have to realize that the recession killed games like this when they were released and new stuff like ME1 and facebreakers etc will no longer happen anymore.

Only CoD/NFS and GH at the time were making big enough profit to
warrant sequels and were the reason behind yearly AAA rehashes.
>>
>>340460112
It's not on Steam? What the fuck is it on then?

These fucking stupid execs have no idea what they're doing.

What a blunder...
>>
>>340459276
That is a pretty cat.
>>
>>340457916
Having the biggest buyer's remorse moment of my life right now

Don't buy it
>>
>>340460112
>they actually actively boycott and hate EA
Obviously a good thing.
>>
>>340457916
They really couldn't wait for E3, for some free press?
>>
>throws away everything good about the first game in exchange for shitty """""progression"""" level system
>wonder why it was forgotten before it even came out
>>
>no significant changes to core gameplay to enable a higher skill ceiling/bigger dependence on player input for success
>graphics actually look worse than original, even maxed out
>>
>>340457916
Did not buy.
I wanted a runner with a clean aesthetic. Don't even care about the franchise anymore. EA did it again.
>>
>>340461615
All games owned by EA are released on Origin, their exclusive, shittier version of Steam.

Also, really sad that people aren't liking it (in any community, really). That means it probably sucks and won't waste my money on it. Goddammit.
>>
I only knew that it was released because youtubes main page thought that I would be interested in pewdiepie playing it. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have known until now.
>>
Will never play this one.

Origin exclusive.
Don't want to buy a PS4 or X1.

Game looks like shit anyway, least I have the original.
>>
>>340457916
Nobody cares about it. No interest, game's Origin only, shitty "OMG FOLLOW RED DOT OBJECTIVE" style of gameplay, etc.
>>
>>340457992
>I loved it.

Fucking shill.
>>
>>340457992
>welcome to /v/, where if you don't like a certain game you're a butthurt faggot and if you do like it, you're a shill.
>>
>>340457916
Is this the birth of an epic new meme?
>>
>>340461196
Yeah, but Denuvo keeps piratefags from playing it and then complaining about it. There used to be threads about all kinds of mediocre releases.
>>
>>340457916
>dice had to spread themselves over battlefront, battlefield 1 and this
>people are surprised when its wank
>>
>>340464267
Pewdiepie's video was mainly him complaining about graphical bugs that rendered the game nigh-unplayable for a sizable portion of the recording (and presumably even longer)
>>
>>340457916
cause it's fucking shit

>skill tree
>poorman's ubisoft style open world with a ton of pointless collectibles
>more retarded combat
>dumbed down gameplay
>boring as shit characters, world and plot
>graphics look worse than the first game

if you havent played/liked the first one and/or enjoy boring ass generic open world normie shit then maybe it's for you, otherwise just ignore it
>>
it got fucked on reviews because EA limited its use time to 10 hours and only so deep into the story for pre release reviewers. Reviewers were whining, gave it shitty reviews and the cold shoulder on hype
>>
>>340459276
I want to pet that cat
>>
>>340466326

My only real problem with Denuvo is that it makes modding a shitty prospective because of limitations which will change with time.

I'm fine with pirating movies and music. Pirating games is just stupid at this point. I've owned every fucking game I ever wanted for years now. Emulation of old consoles is fine by me.

Current releases are so shit that you know how shit they are by the videos on them. I knew I wanted DOOM by the presentations I saw. It looked genuinely good. I didn't really care about this release. Plus it's EA so whatever.

The problem with Denuvo is how it limits the game itself. Hence, why do we need Denuvo in [CURRENT YEAR]?

Unless they ACTUALLY expected Russians and BRs to buy it anyway despite the increased cost to them which is bone-dead retarded.
>>
Soundtrack where?
>>
wouldn't buy it

luckily local public library has a copy, so I'll check it out at least. feels good man
>>
The EA CEO is butthurt because they made the main bad guy look like him so he didn't allow any advertisment for the game
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.