[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is with this trend of censorship? First no japanese
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: censorship.jpg (1 MB, 2558x1812) Image search: [Google]
censorship.jpg
1 MB, 2558x1812
What the fuck is with this trend of censorship? First no japanese voice and now this? Do the feminazis really have that much influence? I was really looking forward to this but I can't support censorship of the original vision that the artist had for their creation.
>>
>>340449329
Report and move on people.
>>
>>340449329
Always the same image, not even a different filename.

Do you have nothing better to do? It must be really sad cause these threads are not funny nor thought provoking nor angering or anything.
>>
Can someone clue me in on what is going on? Do feminists really have influence in Japan now? why the cover change?
>>
File: the-melancholy_00420786.jpg (161 KB, 1215x867) Image search: [Google]
the-melancholy_00420786.jpg
161 KB, 1215x867
>>340449329
OP is retarded
>>
>>340449329
usa copy looks better.
>>
>trend of censorship
you mean trend of making a big deal about it, something that's been happening to video games since the 90s isn't really a "trend"
>>
>>340450064
Ratings don't allow for there to be any sort of cleavage in videogames covers because OH MY GOD THINK OF THE CHILDREN!
>>
File: 162735_front.jpg (235 KB, 640x736) Image search: [Google]
162735_front.jpg
235 KB, 640x736
>>340452134
>>
I don't even care because knowing Atlus they will half ass the translation, give 4 random characters a weird accent and invent Japanese honorifics where they don't even belong.

To top it off, we can enjoy it all in glorious English dub.
>>
>>340452338
Notice the M
The game instantly gets that rating if you show even a hint of boobs in there.
>>
You fools, how much longer will you let the boot of totalitarian oppression stamp on your neck? How much longer can you bear to see artists stifled and metaphorically taken out back and shot? Unlike you, I am no limp-wristed coward that has lost the will to fight for what I believe in and what makes our society great. Freedom of expression and creativity is the cornerstone of a free and just society, and I will not stand idly by as villains seek to destroy that. NOW is the time to take a stand, Persona 5, alongside the bulwark of free speech, or to be trampled under the feet of oppression.
>>
>>340452571
Every Persona game has been rated M and P5 will be no exception.
>>
>>340452571
I mean that game is aimed towards an older audience to be fair
>>
A lot of it is shitposting on both sides, but considering what's happened over the last few years, I don't blame people for being concerned.

Call me whatever you want, but I've learned to always expect the worse from everybody involved in this industry.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 320x452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 320x452
>>
>>340453028
>>340452134
Meant for this guy also
>>340452571
You're retarded. Every persona game HAS been rated M
>>
I really don't think this is censorship. The fucking cats face is covered in the Japanese one. It puts him more in focus on the USA one.
>>
>>340452134
Rating boards actually allow quite a lot, Ask the ESRB directly if you want to know.

Most changes to games are usually made to either save face or maitain an image (Nintendo), or just because the localizers want to.

In extremely rare cases when games would get an AO rating censorship actually makes sense.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.