[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you classify the Hitman games as stealth games or something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 480x270
Would you classify the Hitman games as stealth games or something else? They're not really based around sneaking around like say splinter cell or mgs.
>>
>>340443004
Adventure game for impatient people.
>>
They always felt like role playing games to me, love them.

Too bad now the franchise is shit
>>
Puzzle/Adventure games. Find the perfect solution to the puzzle of murder
>>
>>340443004
But they are?
>>
Bump .
>>
>>340443004
Metal Gear/ Splinter Cell are stealth?

Time to take off your nostalgia goggles because Chaos Theory and MGS3 are not the only games in those series.

Also to answer your question it is an action puzzle game with stealth and social stealth mechanics as core features.
>>
Costume party simulators.
>>
>>340443204
The new game is pretty great.
>>
>>340443004
You do plenty of sneaking in Hitman games, you just aren't crouched down, hiding in shadows to do it.

Creeping around, finding or taking disguises, and then blending in to hide in plain sight are stealth mechanics. Hitman is based around them.

Stealth is all about avoiding detection. If nobody knows you're there, then you are being stealthy. You can achieve this in most games by crawling through the dark. In Hitman, you can achieve it by putting on a waiter uniform and serving your target a poisoned drink.

>>340443206
>Puzzle/Adventure games. Find the perfect solution to the puzzle of murder
Each murder (with a few exceptions from the first couple of games) has multiple 'perfect' solutions. All of them involve sneaking and being stealthy. Hitman is well and truly about stealth.
>>
>>340443004
They are more of puzzle games.
>>
>>340443206
>>340446226
Calling them puzzle games implies that each mission has one answer and the gameplay is about figuring out what it is.

Hitman's gameplay is about being given an objective and creating your own way to achieve it, with there being many different 'answers' to the problem.

Calling Hitman a puzzle game isn't really accurate. It gives a vague, broad sense of the series, but fails to reflect the actual experience.
>>
Are episode 2 & 3 worth purchase? I genuinely enjoyed the first episode, there isn't any recently released game that captures it's Paris level feel.

I always choose to poison the Boxer mix then drown Niko in the bathroom.
>>
>>340446584
They're better than the first so yes, they're worth getting
>>
>>340446584
Sapienza and Marrakesh are pretty good. Open, lots of options, interesting. I prefer Sapienza. I'd recommend both, but I would prioritise Sapienza.
>>
>>340443004
Stealth, you hide in plain sight
>>
>>340443004
It's a more realized Assassin's Creed, that should have been a subtitle. Hitman: Assassin's Creed. Seeing an edgelord move through the crowd with a hood over his face is easier to spot than being killed in the bathroom while you vomit out your soul.
>>
I'd call them something more akin to RunNGun
>>
>>340443004
I'd say they're stealth games with action-adventure elements.
>>
>>340446804
>>340446818
Thanks, anons. Are they selling pretty well? , I'd like to see what they'd offer with pre-orders if it ever seen a physical release. Wasn't it five episodes before they considered that?
>>
>>340446102
>you can achieve it by putting on a waiter uniform and serving your target a poisoned drink.

Well unless you're playing Absolution
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.