[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JStars Victory Vs. PS Vita or PS4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
I wanna know which one I should get, I leave the house sometimes and how is the game? If it's mediocre I'll just get the vita version and call it a day. If it's balls-to-the-walls awesomesauce I'll get the PS4 version with the orgasmic visuals (if there's a difference)

I could remote play but my wifi's iffy.

Thanks
>>
>>340439712
It's mediocre. Just plain not as much content as Jump Ultimate Stars.
>>
>>340439712
That game is garbage and i regret getting it for $16 on the psn winter sale.
>>
It's shit. I have no idea why the company never made a followup to Jump Ultimate Stars
>>
Gosh diddly dang

I feel like if I get Jump Ultimate Stars then they're gonna make a new Jump game... although it's almost the 50th Anniversary for Jump right?

And Ultimate Stars is that one for DS right? Is it that good? Even better than a 3D game?
>>
File: 1390947808788.jpg (2 MB, 1996x868) Image search: [Google]
1390947808788.jpg
2 MB, 1996x868
>>340439712
Not so good. Disappointing roster, no depth, slow repetitive gameplay, barely any interesting character interactions.

You'd be better off watching a webm of your favorite characters fight scenes in their anime on loop than getting this game.

Bought it for one thing and regretted it. people said it was bad and I was like "I'm sure it's not that bad, surely at least seeing the characters talk and fight will be cool, I can deal with a bad game" But OP, it's really bad.
>>
>>340439806
>>340439864
>>340440006
Let's be honest, games like this are 99% of the time interactive fanservice that place novelty over quality. The fact that Super and Ultimate Stars were so fucking incredible was a scientific anomaly; we'll never see games like them again. Snag it on Vita, OP; the multiplayer UI looks really bulky and gross, and it's just not deep enough mechanically to warrant the PS4 price tag. That said, fighting Frieza or Madara as Yusuke or Kenshiro or whatever is still entertaining, as long as you take it for what it's worth.
>>
>>340440225
Yes, yes and yes. Jump Ultimate Stars is objectively the single best novelty series mashup fighting game ever made. It's worth double its price tag.
>>
>>340440225
It's actually a great game with a shit ton of content. That being said if you get it now I doubt anyone is playing online.

Online used to be populated for years.
>>
>>340440505
Yeah the real reason I wanted this game was to play as Killua because I freaking love HxH. The other anime characters were icing on the cake. I probably could recognize them.

What features does Ultimate Stars have over Victory Versus? And I'm surprised that they even made the PS4 version and updated the graphics and whatever, considering the game was this disappointing.
>>
File: 95089245235.jpg (109 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
95089245235.jpg
109 KB, 640x360
>>340440912
>What features does Ultimate Stars have over Victory Versus?

Infinitely superior gameplay, for starters. It plays very closely to Super Smash Bros., from a mechanical standpoint. The roster is humongous and draws from countless Jump series from all across its history. You can build your own dream squads and upgrade characters to make them more powerful (i.e. giving them all new moves and sometimes new forms entirely).

If you're a fan of Shounen Jump, Ultimate Stars is a necessary purchase. It's like a wet dream.
>>
>>340440912
Ultimate Stars has WAY more characters playable. And it has Killua anyway. Just get Ultimate Stars
>>
Why the fuck isn't Kinnikuman in ANYTHING anymore? Does Jump not have the rights to him now or something? He was fucking awesome in Ultimate Stars
>>
Thanks my ad/v/isors :]

You think Amazon would have this at a good price? Or should I get it on a Flashcart/Emulator?
>>
>>340439712
Its a pretty garbage game. I got it for $15 during a sale and I immediately regretted it
>>
>>340440912
I was in the same boat as you, I only got it to support Killua in the west, but trust me, it doesn't satisfy. He has like 5 moves and you just do them over and over. he has barely any dialogue and the game just isn't fun. It's SO SLOW, everyone moves slowly and every attack has like 5 seconds of stun.

People say get jump ultimate stars, but I didn't really enjoy that either, the gameplay was better, but it just feels really old and small. The characters being tiny little sprites takes a lot of personality out of them. All the stages are just floating platforms, it's kinda boring. I just wish jump could get a truly fun game, with actual production value.
>>
>>340441436
Good question. Part of what upset me about J-Stars was his abscence
>>
>>340441909
I know right?

And to be honest I wish they would make another Hunter x Hunter game. Togashi would be printing money. He could even ask Square Enix to make it play like a Dragon Quest game I don't know lol anything please ;w;
>>
>>340441630
Amazon only has it as an import, but you can snag it for 40 bucks there, shipping not included.

>>340441909
I can't agree with you, man. Ultimate Stars is stuffed to the seams with content, and it's a blast to play. I don't get what you mean by "old and small".
>>
>>340442227
It has the content and it's definetly one of the more fun games to play, but it is pretty old, so it doesn't have anything from the last 10 years, and since it was on ds, the graphics could be better. It's tiny sprite characters in simple flat platform arenas. Everything feels kinda floaty in it.

I want a sequel to ultimate stars, with Smash bros budget/quality/polish. And more characters, of course.

I was never a fan of the support character system either, but I guess if those characters have no other way of getting in the game...
>>
File: 1403315983377.jpg (112 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1403315983377.jpg
112 KB, 640x560
>>340442214
I honestly think HxH would be better as a RPG than a fighting game. Maybe a nice middle ground between RPG and Fighting game, something like Tales of games, or something.

I've pretty much given up hope of getting a good game at this point though. It's just not gonna happen.
>>
>>340441436
>Anniversary Jump game
>No Kinnikuman, one of the most important IPs of the Shone Jump history
MEH

That being said, it was nice having some Jojo representation, despite the fact ASB was released very closely to this one.
>>
>>340442749
I think it looks pretty good, considering when it released. It certainly doesn't hold up to current games of its genre in regards to aesthetics, but you can't fault it for that. The spritework for each character is also full of little details and personality, much moreso than the models in Victory VS. Tsuna stumbles and flails in most of his attack animations, Yusuke is often slumped with his hands in his pockets, etc. I feel you on the stages themselves, though; they're a bit bland and they're pretty much just rearranged floating platforms. Still, I think the amount of love and polish that went into the game totally eclipses most novelty crossover titles.
>>
>>340439712
>J-stars
>only two Joestars

Why is this allowed?
>>
File: 1465365060246.png (148 KB, 664x586) Image search: [Google]
1465365060246.png
148 KB, 664x586
>>340443994
>Only Joseph and Jonathan
Why was this even allowed
>>
>>340440852
>i doubt
Don't doubt, know.

Nintendo Wifi service is completely gone, its impossible to play ANY DS game with wifi, meaning online multiplayer is completely null
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.