[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheerful games for depressed lad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 00000470.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
00000470.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
Any happy, cheerful and fun games to help me break from my depression? Thank you for your time.
>>
File: DOOM 1 cover.jpg (2 MB, 2711x4093) Image search: [Google]
DOOM 1 cover.jpg
2 MB, 2711x4093
This an its sequel.
>>
Chibi Robo
>>
>>340437134
Stalker:soc
>>
File: PS_3DS_FireEmblemAwakening_enGB.png (287 KB, 456x409) Image search: [Google]
PS_3DS_FireEmblemAwakening_enGB.png
287 KB, 456x409
worked for me
>>
>>340437134
loco roco
>>
Ni no Kuni
>>
oblivion
>>
Banjo Kazooie
LISA: the Painful RPG
>>
Jet Set Radio
Skullgirls
Rollercoaster Tycoon
>>
LISA
>>
NuDOOM did it for me, at least for a while.
>>
>>340437134
go outside
>>
>>340437134
No games i've played helped me on sad days
But it's easy to become depressed with vidya if you're cheerful
>>
Megaman Legends

But honestly of your depressed anon I don't think cheery and happy will help. Ive gone that route and just found a disconnect with how I felt and the happy go lucky content of the game. You have to face your own depression and find an answer to it amd I don't mean to solve it or make it just go away but something that can rebuttal it and while you may still feel it long after you find your answer you know there's more to life than your current situation .

Not a video game but I recommend Flex Mentalo by Grant Morrison.
>>
>>340437134
Try Journey Anon , any Mario game usually cheers me up
>>
Patapon 1 and 2.
The newest Rayman games.
>>
Feel-good and cheery?
Ori and the Blind Forest (skip the intro cinematic if you're sensitive)
Flower
Element4l
Any rhythm game
Battle for Bikini Bottom
Sunset Overdrive
>>
>>340437134
Uncharted?
>>
>>340437134
>video games
>break from my depression
Stop being an underage faggot.
>>
>>340437134
As much as people shit on it, Persona 4 actually broke my cycle of depression. And for that I'll always love it
>>
>>340439856
Persona 3 and 4 never fail to cheer me up , probably the ost
>>
>>340437134

Harvest Moon, Rune Factory.
>>
>>340437134
For some fucking reason, EuroTruck 2 got me out of my month long mucky mood. I just drove into the night, rain tapping on the roof of my truck as the wind wipes away the wet off my windshield while listening to french 80's new wave internet radio station.
>>
File: Iza_FDD_27.jpg (83 KB, 660x326) Image search: [Google]
Iza_FDD_27.jpg
83 KB, 660x326
Gitaroo Man. Seriously go fucking play Gitaroo Man.

Not only is it goofy, but a fantastic rhythm game (music always helps me when I'm blue) that's a shot of pure happiness and positive messages about perseverance through difficult times.

Helped me through some rough times and heartbreak. Also made me pick up the guitar again. You can nab it on PS2/PSP.
>>
File: das it mane.png (151 KB, 458x316) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.png
151 KB, 458x316
>>340437134
Play Raven in Revelator. Even if you get your ass beat he's still having the time of his life.
>>
>>340437134
Hangman (do it faggot)
>>
I was in a similar depressive rut back in 2013, although now I'm convinced I was only feeling like shit mentally and physically because I was such a lazy fatass. Aside from quitting weed and limiting how much I drank on the weekends, playing Maplestory and listening to Red Hot Chili Pepper's album "By The Way" on repeat really helped.

Good luck OP, I'm sure you'll find something that works for you
>>
Heavy Rain should do the trick
>>
Just find really broken or bad games. I'd play those and have some stand up comedy playing too for double the laughs.
>>
>>340438657
This desu

I bought it when I was on the verge of suicide. It kind of sent me on an anime bender but I'm a lot happier now.

Played the fuck out of the game.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.