[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The microtransactions in Overwatch are pro-consumer What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: John-Bain-300x451.jpg (15 KB, 300x451) Image search: [Google]
John-Bain-300x451.jpg
15 KB, 300x451
>The microtransactions in Overwatch are pro-consumer

What did he mean by this?
>>
cancer
>>
>>340431905
Fresh new buzzword that he's getting paid to use, I bet
>>
he made a video about how paid mods are totally okay and pro consumer too

he's probably sold out, probably taking money under the table to shill shit opinions.
>>
I don't care about the micro-transactions in Overwatch, those are purely cosmetic.

Paid mods are full retard however.
>>
If you have time but no money, you can still unlock shit, and lose nothing of value. If you're a normie and have no time to play a lot and level up, but have dosh, you can dole out to have skins, but you don't have any advantage over players who unlock 'em legit. Therefore, the consumer can do whatever the hell they please. Not rocket science.
>>
>>340431905

> Blizz Shill acts like Blizz shill.

They probably offered to pay for his cancer treatment or something.
>>
File: 1464204641110.jpg (16 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1464204641110.jpg
16 KB, 500x667
>>340432226
>he made a video about how paid mods are totally okay and pro consumer too
gotta be fucking kidding me
link if you would
>>
File: 1297163682.jpg (16 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
1297163682.jpg
16 KB, 500x349
>>340432226
>tfw you realize he's just grasping at straws.
>all to make as much money as possible before he dies of cancer.
>just so he can afford some crazy as fuck cancer prevention method in burgerland

TB just wants to live.
>>
They give people with more money and less time the opportunity to get unlocks at an equal rate as someone with more time to play. And since the unlocks have no effect on gameplay everyone wins.
>>
File: Gambleaware.jpg (132 KB, 1140x530) Image search: [Google]
Gambleaware.jpg
132 KB, 1140x530
>>340431905
>Loot crates are randomised drops.
>Pro-consumer

Is this guy insane, it's literally gambling.
>>
i wish this fat fuck would hurry up and die of cancer. fuck he's taking a long time
>>
> During Q&A, somebody asks why popular personality doesn't appear on podcasts.

> Gets salty, and claims they have an audience of kids.

> Does this every time if the person makes more money than he does.
>>
>>340432363
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGKOiQGeO-k

I think he's referring to that. But if you actually watch the video he weighs the pros and cons
>>
>>340431905

It means he's contradicting himself. He was never pro consumer and literally has no idea what "the industry" requires to succeed.

He's just a flapping head. The jaw is moving, words are coming out and they may make sense but they have no real substance.
>>
>>340431905

He's a known blizzard shill, and I don't mean it as fanboy, he is literally on blizzard's payroll
>>
File: Total_Biscuit_155_IQ.png (387 KB, 1280x295) Image search: [Google]
Total_Biscuit_155_IQ.png
387 KB, 1280x295
>>340431905
the more things change, the more they stay the same
>>
>>340432664

Gambling is pro-consumer :^)
>>
>>340432341
Do the skins give some sort benefit in gameplay or are they 100% cosmetic?
>>
He talks a lot about how he loves gambling and going to Las Vegas.

Somebody who gambles will always try to justify the disgusting and abusive nature of it.
>>
>>340431905
I don't get it.
He doesn't have long for this world, so why is he still taking Blizz's money?
>>
>>340432978
cosmetic, nothing more.
>>
>>340433009

He needs to leave behind something for his wife and wife's son.

I'm not memeing you.
>>
File: CbBeJatUAAAzRYs.jpg (35 KB, 575x558) Image search: [Google]
CbBeJatUAAAzRYs.jpg
35 KB, 575x558
>>340432580
Bullshit. This system completely caters to idiots with money and shafts legitimate players.

>People/kids who are retarded enough to spend money on microtransactions get a shortcut to the content everyone else is putting in hours upon hours of gameplay for
>Meanwhile people who are playing the game and getting their lootboxes fair and square are subjected to getting fucked over by Blizzard's stingy RNG

In a perfect world there would be challenges and tasks for players to complete to earn skins, but nope! Gotta make those Loot Box Packs appealing to the goys!
>>
>>340433091
Then what's the problem with the micro-transactions? I mean they don't sound like the best case scenario but they aren't anti-consumer either.
>>
>>340433359
You get sprays from challenges.

Skins don't affect gameplay, who gives a shit?
>>
>>340433460
At first, a lot of people here were under the assumption that skins DID affect gameplay, and once things settled down and became clear, they were unwilling to change their stance.
>>
>>340431905
>being able to paying for cosmetics isn't all that bad
>shill shill shill
>>
>>340431905
BAIN?
>>
>>340433460
Because the skins are literally the only thing in the game that you can make a goal of. For me, winning matches and kicking ass in online multiplayer games gets fucking boring if it's all for nothing.
>>
>>340433460

Ask yourself this simple question, take it to the basics.

Why do microtransactions exist?

And the answer is even simplier, because you end up spending more money than you would buying a full game.
>>
>>340433798
Good thing ranked play is coming soon then, now skins shouldn't matter, right?
>>
>>340433481
Wow, SPRAYS? The things that literally nobody cares about? The things nobody uses besides when everyone is goofing around and waiting for the match to start? Great rewards, based Blizzard!
>>
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT

WAIT

This is a full price 60 bucks game, with microtransactions?

And people bought this?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
He's a huge Blizzard fanboy

>AJ says microtransactions are not ok because this is not a free to play game
>TB tries his best to complely ignore that and says "so you're ok with microtransactions in LOL but not in OW lol" ofc that's a free to play game

It's funny how fanboyism affects us
>>
>>340433983
Read the whole post
>>
>>340433359

Yeah in an ideal world it would be fit for both players. But for Blizzard a design that pressures all players into feeling like they need to pay is more desirable. If you want something specific and level, after level you keep grinding but getting the same old crap you already have or stuff you don't want. At some point even someone who swore they would not use microtransactions is going to feel the temptation.

Even if you CAN unlock everything without paying you can't be sure they developers haven't tuned the game specifically so progression(or in this case collection of desired skins) becomes intentionally frustrating when you're not paying.
>>
>>340431905
He does what he does best which is take his subjective opinions and coat it with british accent and "difficult" words so that they pass as Objective. In that video he proceeds to rant on AJ and ignore every point he makes while he says "BUT I LIKE PAYING FOR SHIT". At one point he even says "lol aj is a noob you're not supposed to play just one hero xd point dismissed" while footage of him maining (and fucking sucking at) d.va in a map that didn't need a dva for all the match duration. He falls into a dumb contradiction with himself which is

>"im against p2w"
>"but people should be able to bypass time constraints because lol we have a life"

So he is saying that for example experience, gold boosters and paid shortcuts are fine, and that if you don't want p2w you have to remove progression system from all games so that people who can't play as much get to experience the same?

So professional football players should just fucking stop practicing, and it's perfectly fine to have rich retards that don't have any education because lol it's k if they had enough money to bypass the huge timesking that is education and job effort.

He is a joke. In the same video when he gets anally raped for maining (which he shunned when aj said "i just like playing other characters more) he says "lol so tryhard almost beat you xd"
>>
>>340434113
It's $40.
>>
>>340434113
40 dollars
>>
>>340434307
shut the fuck up

It's a $60 retail game
>>
>>340431905
You're talking about a guy whose favorite game is starcraft 2 and is often brought in to host blizzard events. You really thought he would be unbiased towards one of their new titles? TB tries to speak sense (and usually he does) but on this topic he's just talking complete bullshit.

His only argument for why the OW microtransactions are good is that it allows people with little to no time to play games to get cosmetics anyways. Which then begs the question why the fuck they'd play video games if they can't even play enough to earn in-game currency.

And on top of that it doesn't excuse why Blizzard didn't make the loot boxes better (such as guaranteeing gold in all of them so you have a more reliable way to get the cosmetics you want at a reasonable pace).

TLDR; he's a biased cunt who pretends he's not. AKA the worst kind of "critic". At least with shitters like IGN you know they've more than likely been paid off anyways.
>>
> Winning gives you crates.

> You can pay to get the winning reward.

> This is not paying to win.

Wot.
>>
>>340433951
>skins shouldn't matter

If skins didn't matter people wouldn't spend money buying them. Or well, buying the attempt to obtain them. Skins clearly affect people playing the game to some degree.

Anything with gambling like this or CSGO is not pro-consumer in any way. There's no way around it, and I see no point in defending it either. Why should a consumer defend a feature that doesn't benefit them in any way?
>>
>>340432160
Sup newfriend.
>>
>>340433798
So the gameplay is bad and you lost interest in playing for fun after a while? Don't get me wrong but I don't see how "obtaining useless shinnies" is more fun than well, playing the game because you enjoy the gameplay and playing against other player. I never needed some kind of unlockable in Unreal tournament or SF2 to give an example.
>>340433864
But they aren't mandatory or required for something important, just useless cosmetics. As I said earlier it's not the best case scenario but it's not something awful either considering how awfully expensive videogame production is nowadays.
>>
>>340434415
Weird because when I bought it from Blizzard I paid 40
>>
>>340433951
No, because I'm level 47 and I still haven't gotten the skins I want for 4 of the 5 characters I use. Ranked play won't change this unless there's significant coin rewards for winning.

This game would rather capitalize on pro-microtransaction retards than reward it's actual dedicated players. Stop being a Blizzpologist faggot.
>>
>>340434415
For consoles, yeah
>>
File: lol.jpg (19 KB, 459x113) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
19 KB, 459x113
>>340434307
>>340434347

It's even more than 60 dollars
>>
>>340432978

Cosmetic. People have complained about one of Hanzo's costumes though, because it changes his dragons into wolves and subsequently makes his ultimate call quieter.
>>
>>340431905
he is a blizzard fanboy, what do you really expect from someone who has spent years in WoW ?
>>
>>340434307
>>340434347
>>340434528

It's 60

It's 60 with microtransactions

Enjoy getting fucked and killing videogames, cancer.
>>
>>340431905

>We should be thankful for Kotaku

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>340434549
So if skins didn't exist, would you still play?
>>
>>340431905
It means he hasn't got long left so he is shilling out to companies so that he can get money to support his Wife and her son.
>>
File: im with stupid.png (144 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
im with stupid.png
144 KB, 500x400
ITT:

>Companies aren't allowed to make money!!1!
>>
>>340434620
You're either buying the special edition or getting it for consoles.

Either way, doing it wrong.
>>
>>340434883

It's on PC, standard edition.
>>
>>340434735
I hope you reflect on this post and in the future you take more care to make sure you're typing things that aren't wrong.
>>
>>340431905
It's cosmetic, available without the cash shop and doesn't intrude directly on the gameplay.
It's not horrible.

>>340432226
I don't get the backlash against paid mods as a principle.
The steam implementation was as per usual with steam completely shitty.
>There wasn't a good roster of mods on offer
>The interaction of steam/bethesda with the modding community was shit
>The price cut taken from Steam and Bethesda was far too high
>There was a high barrier of entry to even making any money at all
>The implementation was far too late into the games life cycle
>The modding tools of Skyrim have lacking documentation
>The modding in Skyrim is a clusterfuck of dependencies and mods breaking other mods
>Valve, being their usual shitty selves released paid mods on a friday and then had no PR throughout the weekend before quickly removing and sweeping paid mods under the rug after the weekend

But giving content creators the ability to properly navigate the legal grey area that is monetizing derivative content aside from ambiguous donations is a good thing in principle.
The sentimentality that derivative content must unquestioningly be created in the creators own time for free just doesn't strike me as reasonable.
>>
>>340434868
Fuck off with your live and let live bullshit attitude. Maybe when you've grown out of your teens and don't live with your parents you learn to value money and the work you put in to make it.
>>
>>340434868

>$0,15 has been deposited on your account
>>
My only real complaint about OW's microtransactions are how few "good" rewards there actually are. If you open a box and there's no new skin in it, it's a shit box.
>>
He's not wrong about micro-transactions in overwatch. They don't affect the gameplay nor are they forced upon you. They allow people who don't have the time to have a chance to get the skins they want by paying for them with real currency. I say a chance because the loot boxes are randomized.

Is this pro-consumer? Yes in a way. I believe it's also anti-consumer as it's just another hammer to the nail of the picture being hung on the wall which depicts the state of the industry nowadays. It's ok to release a multiplayer only title at a full AAA price, it's ok to also add micro-transactions in it and it's ok to randomize the content of those micro-transactions.

All of this is ok now, which in my mind is bad for the consumer. It gives devs the incentive to keep adding microtransactions, some actually locking content behind paywalls. I know overwatch doesn't do this (once you've bought the game) but it's just another nudge in that direction.

Years & years ago once you bought the game, thats it, you can access everything inside the game by progressing through it. DLC came along and well, it's been done right by some devs, they finish the base game, then go on to work on a new story arc to add something to the game, for example, The shivering isles, Blood&Wine and lots more. Many devs & publishers have gone down the dark path of trying to exploit and milk the consumer for every last cent by making games just so they can add on DLC and Micro-transactions. I get that their companies at the end of the day and yeah they do need to make a profit, it's just sad that most of this shit is ok with everyone now. Nobody is outraged by season pass pre-orders, DLC announced before launch etc anymore. It's just fine now.
>>
>instead of microtransactions, you unlock costumes by using coins that you earn when people commend you after the match ends (obviously some changes would have to be made in the commending system)
Would you like it?
>>
>>340435056
Wish we could buy skins directly or have other means of gaining currency besides blind luck.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-08+at+03.13.36).jpg (413 KB, 1158x872) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-08+at+03.13.36).jpg
413 KB, 1158x872
>>340434735
>>340434927
Interesting. I just went to the site and saw this.
>>
a balding cuck being a blizzdrone

also
>e-celeb
piss off
>>
>>340434868
wow is this really the best the blizzard artists could create for their shills ? I guess they dont really value you guys anymore.
>>
File: shadow realm.jpg (43 KB, 582x741) Image search: [Google]
shadow realm.jpg
43 KB, 582x741
>>340434868
>Game sells 7 million in 1 week.
>Needs microtransactions

They've probably justified the game's budget and several years worth of server costs several times over on the 1st day alone. It's not like this is some little F2P online game that is only getting money from microtransactions. It's one of the biggest 8th gen games right out of the gate.
>>
>>340435047
>>340435051
>No fuck you subway I already payed 7 bucks for my meal, fuck you for having the option of paying for extra shit fuck you jew lords

neo-/v/
>>
File: 1463951587327.webm (655 KB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463951587327.webm
655 KB, 640x266
>>340435309

>Food analogies
>>
>>340434497
>So the gameplay is bad and you lost interest in playing for fun after a while?
Never said that, in fact i love the core gameplay.

>Don't get me wrong but I don't see how "obtaining useless shinnies" is more fun than well, playing the game because you enjoy the gameplay and playing against other player.
Because games that promise this amount of longevity, for me, need to have a reward for me to chase after. I know what it's like to win games OW, I've done it more than 130 times now. But not having a long term goal to aspire for is getting really boring, and affecting my psychology of the game.

Think of the way Call of Duty does it, or at least used to: you get your headshots with your guns and get cool pallette swaps and skins for them. This is a great reward because it's a prize that distinguishes players who put the time and effort into getting headshot kills, and you get to look at something new. Overwatch doesn't have this, and it's getting boring knowing that my rewards are boxes filled with nothing but disappointmenting sprays, player cards and voice lines for characters I don't even fucking use.
>>
>>340435046
both content creator and mod user saw it as reasonable for a bit over 2 decades until steam and bethesda saw dollar signs and got involved
>>
>>340435080
Not a bad idea, as long as you can't vote for anyone on your own team.
>>
>>340435046
Paid modding makes no fucking sense. Not only would it require levels of quality control that you will NEVER find on steam or other sites willing to host mods - but you also encourage modders to take each other out of business.

>>340435309
>neo-/v/
Says the obviously underage faggot who can't get his point across without retarded food analogies.
>>
>>340432664
Shut the fuck up, Jim
>>
>>340435190
>being a blizzdrone

I wonder how does it feel to have this mental illness
>>
>>340434453
Except Pay to Win doesn't mean getting the reward, at least not how /v/ likes to use it.

Pay to Win here means paying to get an advantage over players who have not, which Overwatch does not do.
>>
File: 1442341038245.jpg (321 KB, 1504x1528) Image search: [Google]
1442341038245.jpg
321 KB, 1504x1528
Do you think overwatch is a good father's day present for my wife's boyfriend?
>>
>>340431905
Literally nothing wrong with micrograms actions and DLC

Just the scummy practice it's put into and pay 2 break game habits.
I won't get over watch till it's cheaper one day, I'm someone who literally can't afford to DLC or micro transactions and so I won't and I don't.

I also don't feel the appeal behind having something rare for the sake of rarity. At least in CS;go you know that she will at least buy you two or 3 new release games if done right.
>>
File: 20$ more for five skins.png (569 KB, 897x894) Image search: [Google]
20$ more for five skins.png
569 KB, 897x894
>>340434113
>>340434415
>>340434735
For PC it was 40$ at least, can't speak for consoles, and they made sure you had to really go out of your way to find it. Before launch it didn't even have any thumbnail it was just a blank square with "Overwatch" underneath it.
>>
>>340434773
Probably, but the gameplay wouldn't be as addicting because online shooters typically need that carrot-on-a-stick element to keep people playing.
>>
>>340432921
>liberal-leftist
>pro gamergate
Choose one
>>
>>340435391
>>340435510
Then what analogy should I use then, doc?
>>
>>340435646

>I won't get over watch till it's cheaper one day

It doesn't matter, the microtransactions basis is estabilished, enjoy no content whatsoever unless you accept being bled dry like the rest of these suckers
>>
>>340435702
Idk man, my most played shooters were Wolfenstein: ET and UT99 and neither of those had that.
>>
>>340435771
If you can't articulate your views without making analogies then you probably shouldn't be getting involved in the first place.
>>
>>340435150
If Overwatch actually gave a fuck about players, they would give us things and challenges to do for the skins instead of trying to incentivize us to buy the boxes for skins we arent even guaranteed to get.
>>
>>340435738

I'm leftist and pro gamergate, what's wrong with that?
>>
>>340435702
Not really, older shooters had none of that and were immensly popular. It's a recent fad with the soccermom generation growing up and needing to be cuddled and rewarded for everything they do, regardless of its a feat worthy of a reward or not.
>>
>>340435420
If the gameplay is good enough then I don't really see why not having easy access to the cosmetics is such a big deal and don't really see the appeal in a shallow long term reward, but I'm a fag who cares only about game mechanics so it's probably just my opinion. The lootboxes sound like absolute cancer though and so far they're a flawed system in every game I've played so far.
>>
>>340435851
Ok then.

If you think that companies shouldn't be allowed to make money whenever possible, especially with minor bullshit like cosmetics that don't affect gameplay, you are a fucking retard who should never have an opinion on anything relevant.
>>
>>340435985
>I'm a jew and a Nazi, what's wrong with that?
>I'm a Chinese and a fan of Japan, what's wrong with that?
>>
>>340432226
>compensating modmakers for their work is bad
Do you work for free anon?
>>
>>340432226
He didn't say paid mods are totally okay, he said having option to donate money to people who make them would be ok.
>>
>>340435702
That carrot is called gameplay. There aren't many people playing games for skins because they like collecting skins. They just want certain skins because they happen to exist for characters they enjoy playing. If you can't find fun in the gameplay, and microtransactions for items that offer no advantage bothers you, you should move on.
>>
>>340433798
You are literally the worst kind of person and people like you make the entire game industry 100 times worse than it needs to be.
>>
He got payed by blizzard.
But at least the microtransactions are only cosmetic.
>>
>>340436123

>I can only think in absolutes

This site is 18+
>>
>>340436229
literally >WAHH! I need to be rewarded with carrots to play my entertainment

Jesus christ, this part of the human psyche is cancerous as fuck.
>>
>>340435851
If you can't appreciate or understand analogies, you probably aren't going to be able to hold an intelligent conversation or debate anything.
>>
>>340431905
Cancer must have spread to his brain.
>>
>>340431905
They aren't, especially in a game you already paid $40-60 for.

Sound more like Bluzzard paid him off on the side.
>>
>>340436003
Out with the old, in with the new. There's nothing wrong with rewarding dedicated players with cosmetic upgrades, fuck off faggot
>>
>>340435702
Nah, carrot-on-a-stick shit is only there to keep compulsive faggots engaged to the game. I never needed that shit in any fighting game/rts/FPS but fags from the CoD generation can't live without that garbage and depend on Skinner box bullshit to keep playing a game .
>>
>>340436094
Yeah you must be underage. Where has anyone said they're not allowed to make money? People are unhappy about microtransactions because they're by default less consumer friendly than pro-consumer. Unfortunately for these companies they need our money, whereas we don't need them. There's a big market for games right now and I'll happily take my money elsewhere.

I mean if anyone is a fucking retard here its you, who seem to think criticism shouldn't be allowed because you disagree with it. Sounds like you'd fit right in with modern day femnazis.
>>
>>340436282
Le 18+ meme, very dank
>>
File: R2DINDU.webm (582 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
R2DINDU.webm
582 KB, 640x360
>>340431905
>Rich cunt claims RNG boxes are pro-consumer.
>Someone who claimed to have spent thousands on star trek online claims Microtransaction is pro consumer.
who would have thought!
>>
>>340435816
It's a shame that you are so stupid you can't understand the difference between microtransactions that give gameplay benefits and those that don't. One is cancer, the other is 150% ok.
>>
>>340431905
OW's microtransaction model is unethical but it has no meaningful effect on gameplay so it really comes down to how much cosmetics mean to you
>>
>>340436424
How am I rewarded by getting voice lines and skins for heroes I don't play?
>>
>>340432497
Could be because he wants to leave his wife's son money before he dies
>>
>>340434421
>with shitters like IGN you know they've more than likely been paid off
what the fuck kind of bullshit argument is that? with IGN you assume but son't know who or how much. with TB you know FOR A FACT that blizzard is lining his pockets.
>>
>>340436515
>webm isn't called something like "Lucio's day off"
>>
>>340436495
Just proving his point.
>>
>>340436123

Gamergate was about corruption in gaming media before it got hijacked by right wing nutjobs, you don't need political affiliation to demand better journalism.
>>
>>340436527

It's a shame that you are so stupid you don't understand you'll end up paying more than twice the amount you ALREADY paid for the full game and are going to be milked like the stupid cash cow you are
>>
>>340436432
Sorry I like earning rewards in games I play because I like having gameplay goals to aspire for, le memelennials are le cancer killing le bideo game industry amirite? xD
>>
>>340436752
I paid 40 dollars and haven't bought a single crate. Level 57 and still having a blast.
>>
>>340436424
Faggots that need this shit to enjoy games are part of the problem, this content doesn't grow on trees and it's addition raises the cost of the development budget.
>>
>>340436728
Gamergate started by claiming Zoe did something without any evidence. Very ethical :^)
>>
>>340431905
He says the same thing about Hearthstone and that in general, pay2win is not a valid criticism.
>>
>>340436449
That's how capitalism works friend. I know Blizzard would rather do a more "consumer friendly" system rather than an "anti-consumer" system but at the end of the day a "pro-consumer" system amounts to 'give me free shit', which hurts their bottom line.
>>
>>340436209
Uh, no idiot. The Carrot is the reward itself, the time is takes to get it is the stick+sting it's on, and the gameplay is the treadmill.
>>
>>340436795
>Muh rewards
Winning matches and seeing how you're getting better should be the reward and goal not being able to look like an special snowflake because of useless cosmetics.
>>
>>340432226
He's rich and short on time. His opinion regarding microtransactions is irrelevant to 99% of gamers.
>it's convenient to me
>it's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine
>>
Is everyone in this thread retarded?? Ive seen dozens of post about people who pay for boxes getting to the end game, an advantage, or progressing faster than people who dont pay. There is no end game in overwatch. There is no advantage. And there is no progression in the sense of getting more powerful. It is literally cosmetics and an endless row of games to play.

The end game for a person who isnt paying extra is unlocking all the cosmetics and filling out your pages. The game didnt have skins in early beta and hasnt changed much since then. If blizz wants to make skins everyone can get, and idorts can pay more money for them, i am okay with it. If anything Blizz can justify continueing support on the game, via new heroes, maps, and possibly modes down the line.

Id much rather this model than fucking league or something.
>>
>>340436949
Everyone already pays for the game up front you dumb fuck. How can you say they're asking to be given "free shit"?
>>
File: 1386089425169.png (1 MB, 970x937) Image search: [Google]
1386089425169.png
1 MB, 970x937
>>340436728
>before it got hijacked by right wing nutjobs

Way to fall for the narrative, champ.
>>
>>340437076
My win/loss ratio is above 2, what the fuck else do I have to prove? Is it so wrong that I want the skins that Blizzard so clearly teases its players with?

>special snowflake

Opinion discarded, back to /pol/ with you
>>
File: 1351351356612346132.jpg (4 KB, 250x202) Image search: [Google]
1351351356612346132.jpg
4 KB, 250x202
>>340437176
>it's not as bad as other models for microtransactions so therefor it needs no improvement and any and all critique should be dismissed
>>
>>340431905
>ITT: Autists who can't resist spending money to get skins
Are you guys serious?
>>
File: 7e1.png (179 KB, 506x535) Image search: [Google]
7e1.png
179 KB, 506x535
>>340435738
>>
Mircotransactions are rarely pro consumer. To start with, I consider any consumable you buy as a mircotransaction while things like skins you buy directly as DLC. With that out of the way, anytime a company puts a mircotransaction into a game, it's to encourage people to buy multiple of said items to accomplish whatever goal that player wants, whether it's to get that rare skin or to speed up their leveling process. Because of their consumable nature, players sometimes needs to buy multiple of said item to accomplish said goal thus benefiting the company who don't have to put any extra development time to make more of these consumables. Because of such, they're encouraged to make the rate in which the consumable accomplish these goals either by upping grind time for levels or give a very low rate to get your desired item from their gacha system.
>>
>>340437176
Because there's nothing else to unlock you fucking faggot, read the thread
>>
>>340437353
Didnt say that. It was an accusation of the three claims i stated. Little things i disagree with like the hanzo wolf skin having different ult noises. Keep that the same for competitive reasons.
>>
>>340432664
Jim "Paid DLC that divides the playerbase and makes the game P2W is better than loot boxes" Sterling is fat.
>>
>>340434453
Everything gives you crates, even losing, and crates give no advantage. If you're only playing Overwatch to unlock skins then yeah, it's pay to win. If you're playing Overwatch for the game then it's not in any way.
>>
>People actively defending microtransactions in a game you already pay for

Is this what the end of gaming looks like?
>>
>>340437435
>Political Compass
>>>Reddit
>>
File: 1458784273804.png (13 KB, 418x359) Image search: [Google]
1458784273804.png
13 KB, 418x359
>>340431905
mfw he made a 40 minute video defending micro transactions in a 60$ game. does he even understand what hes done?
>>
File: 1464192297220.jpg (829 KB, 2792x1395) Image search: [Google]
1464192297220.jpg
829 KB, 2792x1395
We've successfully distracted them, Herschel.... now... release the paid mods.
>>
>>340431905
that he's making that breaking bad ad money for his wife
>>
>>340431905
>microtransactions
>pro-consumer
Did the cancer get to his brain finally?
>>
>>340437242
>Give me extra content up front that doesn't affect gameplay and I don't need to work for or pay for but you need to make and produce which costs you money
>>
>>340437638
$40 game but he's disconnected from normal people because he has that much extra disposable income.
>>
>microtransactions are only for cosmetics, which can be both unlocked and bought without spending real currency
>game is not p2w in any way
>dev gets money to use in maintaining the game
>people who aren't retarded enough to buy them aren't penalized for not doing so
>future DLC is free
I don't know about pro-consumer, but it seems like an acceptable compromise to me
>>
File: Shop_Clothing_EN.jpg (797 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Shop_Clothing_EN.jpg
797 KB, 1280x720
>>340437176

It's still a shitty model. Something like Splatoon where you have full reign to choose what you get with in-game currency would be better than the fruit machine it currently is...at the expense of Blizzards profit line.
>>
>>340437303
>My win/loss ratio is above 2, what the fuck else do I have to prove?
No one cares or is questioning if you're good or bad.
>Is it so wrong that I want the skins that Blizzard so clearly teases its players with?
Nothing wrong with wanting them either but feeling like you're being cheated by the devs because of something so meaningless is pretty pathetic since they're nothing more than visual eyecandy at the end of the day.
>Opinion discarded, back to /pol/ with you
/pol/ didn't invent the term, now you're just making me think you're stupid.
>>
File: nerfdis_0.png (1 MB, 964x1065) Image search: [Google]
nerfdis_0.png
1 MB, 964x1065
>playing overwatch with 1 friend
>he asks to back out of game so he can open lootbox
>tell him nah, there's no point
>he rages, leaves group and TeamSpeak and I don't see him for rest of night
>meanwhile, another friend logs in
>we play for 3 hours straight.
>sometimes there's minute long down times, which I use to open my lootbox(s)
>never left queue for those 3 hours.

People and their loot boxes man. Makes sense that there are some people in a blind rage over the fact that you can buy them.
>>
>>340433864
Not entirely true.
In Overwatch the loot crate system was implemented because CoD kiddies cried for some kind of progression system but Blizzard didn't want to include a grind to unlock new heroes or abilities because it would upset game balance so they made the grind for skins instead.
The reason they let you buy loot boxes is for people who have more money than time and would likely not play the game if they had to invest an unknown number of hours to get whichever skins they want.
>>
>>340437836
And look how dead the game is now
See >>340437785
>>
>>340437785
>>people who aren't retarded enough to buy them aren't penalized for not doing so
They can be if the devs decide to make the exp curve stupidly steep to get people to pay for the skins they want.
>>
>>340436901

I don't condone any sort of harassment that befell her, but media companies should be be open about their employees having relationships with the game creators they're reviewing.

>>340437290

>Narrative

Yeah, I'm just replying to myself. There's totally no one in this thread thinking that you can't be pro GG and leftist.
>>
>>340437743
>extra content
>costs money to produce
You are literally a drooling retard or a troll. The cosmetics are all in the game already. Where is the cost to produce them? Surely that would have been budgeted in to the price of the game, no? Or are you telling me Blizzard are so incompetent they can't even budget properly?

Or maybe you just don't understand what the fuck you're talking about. It's all equally likely at this point.
>>
>>340437945
The exp per level caps pretty early on.
>>
>>340437941
>And look how dead the game is now
You mean not at fucking all? Good to know you have no idea of what you're talking about.
>>
>>340437945
You get a loot box once every 8 games or so. That's not steep.
And even if it was it doesn't matter because it's fucking cosmetics that only retards actually care about, and no one should concern themselves with the opinions of retards.
>>
>>340437885
you and your friend are both autistic manchildren, get a fucking life
>>
making and insidious fucking slot machine system to hook whales is now pro consumer acording to totalcancer.
it wasnt ok in blops3. its not ok in here.
>>
File: 1420569533448.png (723 KB, 1264x2883) Image search: [Google]
1420569533448.png
723 KB, 1264x2883
>>340438165
They weren't the first and they won't be the last.
>>
>>340437176
Missing the entire point the microtransactions have no place in this game. This is a $60 retail game what are you doing trying to milk people for more cash?

So you unlock skins and other garbage no one wants in this game right? In a $60 retail game that system should be integrated in the normal progression just by playing the game and naturally unlocking stuff
>>
>>340437940
This, the fags who need their artificial progression system are part of the problem.
>>
>>340431905
SELLOUT
E
L
L
O
U
T
>>
>>340438165
Well if blizzard stick to their word they won't sell actual content just cosmetics
blops 3 had map packs, didn't it ?
>>
File: 1464422625871.jpg (141 KB, 767x757) Image search: [Google]
1464422625871.jpg
141 KB, 767x757
>>340438165
>Retards get exploited and the shop becomes profitable for Blizzard
>Blizzard is never forced to constantly up the ante and add more questionable shit to the store
>Non-retards like myself who just want to play the game can do so with no interruptions while still getting loot boxes
Sounds pretty good to me tbqhwyf. You're fighting a losing battle if you honestly want multi million dollar companies to put MUH MORALS over profit, and this is one of the most benign examples of microtransactions in recent memory regardless.
>>
>>340431905
That he's a retard and just showing his true colors. He did the same with paid mods, he likes to think he is some shrewd businessman or something but it is really blatant John does not understand the world of business in any way, shape, or form.

>it's pro consumer for devs to design a system in which the only real way of meaningful progression that isn't a slog is via cash

Also the "make a cash shop but add some shit tier way to get it for 'free'" is also a common marketing tool. You get idiots who defend it because "LOOK YOU CAN TOTALLY STILL GET IT FOR FREE" even though you intwentionally designed the system to make it ungodly painful or stupidly difficult to get.

If you want boxes, buy them. No, it isn't pro-consumer, but you basically live on he verge of a corporatocracy anyway so you should really just toss away those ideas of consumer rights. Your rights are trumped by corporations greed and always will be.
>>
>>340438149
Explain how I'm the autistic one
>>
File: ehhehhe.jpg (355 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ehhehhe.jpg
355 KB, 1920x1080
this shit is evil pure and simple. the only way it would have been ok is if there were no duplicates in the crates. you got an item? fine its now crossed of your loot list its not gonna apear in crates anymore.
as it stands this is a predatory system on gambling addicts.
>>
I thought all the dlc that actually mattered was going to be free, are people really bitching about useless shit that you can unlock without having to pay anyway or am I missing something?
>>
>>340431905
he's saying its okay when blizzard does it even though ow's system is completely anti consumer and causes addict like behaviors and decision making.
>>
File: 1463342636441.png (267 KB, 499x358) Image search: [Google]
1463342636441.png
267 KB, 499x358
>Skins don't affect gameplay!
True, but they harshly effect player psychology. Winning over and over and over again is fun, but it's pretty standard stuff. If winning matches is the only goal in the game, thats not very special because people win games all day. Where's the change? Where's the stuff that makes winning worth it if you don't get an XP bonus for winning?
>>
>>340438469
It would be fine if you got more coins for duplicates. As it is you barely get any.
>>
>>340438593
>I NEED to feel special
Fuck off Jim Sterling.
>>
I bought 2 loot boxes for $2 last night. Got a legendary skin. I'm happy. Better than spending $2 on a bag of chips I suppose.
>>
>>340438254
Except that this game can't stand on it's feet as a $60 retail game

You can experience almost everything this game has to offer by playing the game for 2-3 hours
>>
>>340438254
So tell me. In a years time when people demand more content, should blizzard release an expansion? Or paid new characters to play as? Because theyre a business, and they got our money already. Why would they continue to endlessly give away free shit?
Rather than REQUIRED DLC that includes REAL content like characters or maps, we just make skins that people can buy. We can let everyone unlock them at a moderate pace, but those antsy ones can pay for the skins that: dont affect gameplay and are used to sustain the future of the game.

Im okay with this
>>
>league
>F2P game
>microtransactions that lock champions away thus inherently encourages you to pay to "win"
>rewards you with currency for every game
>also has the loot crate RNG system of overwatch to go along with this
>currency (that is given to you after every game) can be used to buy any champion you want

>overwatch
> 40 (60 on consoles) dollar game
>has everything unlocked apart from cosmetics
>has no reliable way of earning currency so you can buy what you want
>can't purchase what you want with real money either, it's all tied to RNG

Which one of these is more pro-consumer, and why? Remember that one is a F2P game that relies on microtransactions for profits, while the other already makes you pay upfront when purchasing the game.
>>
>>340438561
You;'re cute if you think it won't be like this

>charge like 3k coins for any of the update characters or maps
>offer them for cash

It'll still be "Earnable for free" but 99.9% will buy it to avoid an unfun grind for more content.

Also I always love the
>This feature isn't important to me so it shouldn't matter to anyone"
narcissisim
>>
>>340438593
The people who need to unlock shit as a reward for playing are part of the problem in the first place since those systems were created to exploit them and keep them engaged to the game in the first place.
>>
>guy releases a video last week detailing how Ubisoft lies about all their games at reveal and they end up looking like shit at launch
>literally less than a week later and everybody is going "WATCH DOGS 2 LOOKS SO AMAZING WOW GOTY DAY ONE"
>now it's literally okay when Valve does it
Bizarro /v/?
>>
>>340438519
>It satisfies both parties
No it fucking doesn't you imbecile.

Again, some normie whos too stupid to know that microtrannies are cancer could spend $40 on boxes and get all the stuff at once that someone who puts dozens of hours into the game worked their balls off for. Have you ever seen a level 12 who has multiple legendary skins? This system completely favors morons like him because hes dumb enough to spend $80 on a single game.
>>
File: 1456415439689.png (284 KB, 346x403) Image search: [Google]
1456415439689.png
284 KB, 346x403
>>340431905
>Tfw only still subscribed to him so that I can see the "cancer killed me" video his wife will upload after he dies
>>
>>340438802
If you're okay with this you'll be fine with paid characters and maps and will find some way to ujustify it. And if you aren't, people will just tell you this is your fault.
>>
>>340438593
>True, but they harshly effect retard psychology.
That's a personal problem.
I generally don't play games where I need some kind of secondary motivator to keep me going.
If the core gameplay loop is fun then that's all that is needed.
>>
>>340434735

dude what's wrong with you?
>>
>>340438768
Just like the original counter strike, which pretty much invented competitive FPS gaming and took the world by storm in the early 2000s.
>>
>>340438817
Neither is pro-consumer at all since they're both designed to appeal to gamblers, but Overwatch's microtransactions only give you purely cosmetic shit that doesn't affect gameplay in the least, and Blizzard is offering all future maps and heroes free of charge on top of that. You're paying full price upfront for all important future content.
>>
>>340438854
>This feature is important to me so it should be free.
You're part of the problem retard, that content doesn't grow on trees.
>>
>>340438976
Maybe some people don't like playing the same game for years on end with no change to it. Rewards are fun cause it separates shitters from winners.
>>
>>340438854
I want you to screencap that post of yours and set a reminder somewhere for, let's say, two years later.
Then you can have a look at how Overwatch released heroes and maps for free and feel like the cynical fucking retard that you are.
>>
>>340439082
>Blizzard is offering all future maps and heroes free of charge
I feel sorry for people who naively say this while genuinely believing Blizzard is going to provide a bunch of quality content for them at a normal rate. Without asking a dime.

Blizzard is known to go back on their word, why would Overwatch be any different?
>>
>>340439171
>Maybe some people don't like playing the same game for years on end with no change to it
Yeah, we call those people "CoD kiddies" who keep buying barely different iterations of the same game just because they start the progressions treadmill all over again.
>>
>>340438947
Where do you get that? I was very clear that game changing releases down the line should be free. Characters and maps. Skins they can do whatever they want with. And YET we can still unlock them for FREE.
>>
File: huh.jpg (333 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
huh.jpg
333 KB, 1280x1440
>>340438925
oh no...
some guy has legendary pixels...
oh noooooo...
>>
>>340439171
>Needing Skinner box shit to enjoy the game on the long run
>Needing to feel special because of my badass unique look.
Disgusting.
>>
>>340439303
Maybe they will, but we can't say at this point. You can't say that Overwatch presents a pay-to-win model or something based on the presumption that Blizzard may go back on their word at some point. As it stands the game offers a fair amount of content with the promise of more at no extra charge in the future, alongside a (for the moment) benign and harmless microtransaction system.
>>
>>340431905
ITS
JUST
COSMETICS
YOU AUTISTS
WHY DOES IT MATTER??????
>>
File: feel_this_you_bastard.jpg (107 KB, 566x720) Image search: [Google]
feel_this_you_bastard.jpg
107 KB, 566x720
>>340432580
problem is the whole boiling frog thing. They are doing the same thing as microsoft. They normalise microtransactions by selling them to us as not so bad and even a way for people with money to get satisfaction of the game.

Once this practice is widely accepted (which it sadly already is), they will start slowly pushing the boundaries until we even accept gamebreaking stuff and the game being unplayable without them.

not only that, but it's also the dangling carrot. When playing a single player game the opportunity to buy DLC is mostly in the main menu an not constantly dangling in front of you during playtime. Meaning, you don't have to constantly resist, which actively takes enjoyment away. For me it's always annoying to have these constant reminders of "you could also buy this with funbux". I need to actively resist them, which causes me to not enjoy my ingame success as much. My stream of pleasure and excitement is constantly put on hold for a sales pitch.
It's like these cheap weekend trips, where you have to attend sales events, which actively take away you're enjoyment of the trips, you paid for.
>>
>>340439335
And that's why you don't add Skinner box systems in your game. Retarded players NEED that shit in order to play a game once they've been conditioned to need an artificial progress/reward system.
>>
File: 1465247889290.jpg (86 KB, 375x281) Image search: [Google]
1465247889290.jpg
86 KB, 375x281
If skins don't affect gameplay then why is Blizz charging money for (and prob making a killing with) loot boxes?
>>
>>340439694
yeah human psychology was invented by retarded millenial game developers
>>
>>340438802
>Why would they continue to endlessly give away free shit?

The game has a price you moron wtf is this I'm reading

If they're adding stuff to this game it's not going to be extremely expensive and difficult to create don't try to be a jew with me you fuck

You don't need microtransations to support this turd of a game with updates,heros and maps

People buying your game that's your $ to sustain it.
ACTIVISION/BLIZZARD GOYIM
THIS ISN'T CANDY CRUSH YOU FUCKS
>>
File: 1317250935431.jpg (11 KB, 407x351) Image search: [Google]
1317250935431.jpg
11 KB, 407x351
>>340431905

Bain is either being a fucking idiot, or shilling. Possibly both.

"Micro"transactions in full-priced games are bad for the consumer because there is only a limited amount of money in the entire global games business, and any game with those, if it becomes hugely successful like Overwatch did, is going to grab more than its legitimate share. This punishes every game that DOESN'T engage in that cancer, and makes it sure that more and more games in the future are going to lock away content behind a paywall even if you already paid the full price for it.

Also in Overwatch's case you can't even talk about microtransactions anymore. They're just transactions. Those fucking crates will very quickly cost you more than the price you paid for the full game, and no this does not help the consumer in any way, it only hurts games that don't try to rob you.
>>
>>340439581
BECAUSE
ITS
THE
ONLY
THING
THATS FUN
TO UNLOCK
FAGGOT
>>
>>340439625
There are already games far worse down the path as a heads up. Look at LOL. If you started playing today for a few hours a day. Itd take about 1-2 years to unlock all the champs. Which puts you at a huge disadvantage. Or you can just pay to unlock.

And dont forget league has been one of the most viewed and played games over the last few years
>>
>>340431905
what he means is that allowing players to purchase cosmetics with real money helps out people that desire cosmetic items but do not have the time to play enough to obtain the said cosmetics through leveling up

he doesn't consider the ability to purchase cosmetics an issue since there are no pay2win aspects to the cosmetics, like higher stats or different weapon choices
>>
>>340439803
No it wasn't, however exploiting human psychology to keep weak-minded individuals playing your game is a common practice.
>>
>>340439694
>And that's why you don't add Skinner box systems in your game
You don't add them only if you're a decent, ethical human bean.
Giant corporations are neither decent nor ethical, so of course they will add whatever increases their profits.
>Psychological exploitation makes money, you say? Sign us the fuck up!
>>
>>340439625
>Once this practice is widely accepted (which it sadly already is), they will start slowly pushing the boundaries until we even accept gamebreaking stuff and the game being unplayable without them.
But we've had microtransactions for years now and people always scoff at p2w shit
>>
>>340439581

Because it should be free. And if not free, it should be downloadable in a single $1 pack that includes every possible emote and spray and voice and such thing for like four characters. Because the game is already 60 dollars, and it is bullshit jewry to ask for any more than that

Also loot boxes buyable with real money are gambling and should be made illegal..
>>
>>340439581
But I'm extremely jealous when I see other people wearing the skin I want and haven't gotten from the free loot boxes yet. I also lack self control and have gambling problems so I keep buying boxes for real money even though I don't want to and don't have to. Also, if these boxes weren't in the game, it would feel like I have nothing to work towards because I'm too retarded to enjoy a game in the normal way.

Blizz is cancer!
>>
>>340433798
>playing a game solely to unlock skins
I thought you people were just a big hoax
>>
>>340439013
the original counter strike? what the fuck do you know of that?

HOW MUCH WAS THE ORIGINAL COUNTER STRIKE? WAS IT $60 OR WAS IT $40?

Gaben save us the idiocy...
>>
>>340434649
DAMN I didn't know this. Got that Hanzo skin ages ago and I never play him. I better start learning.
>>
>>340439845
You clearly down know how businesses are run. It has been this way for a long time with the vast majority of companies. Finding a nice medium is the best we can hope for. Suits will pressure the devs to milk the game. And we dont want to have to pay any extra. And guess what, we dont with this method
>>
Hope he dies soon
>>
>>340435702
>ut the gameplay wouldn't be as addicting because online shooters typically need that carrot-on-a-stick element to keep people playing.
Man fuck you and everyone like you
>>
>>340440004
Yeah, that shit not only ruins games but also the expectations of the people that drink the kool-aid.
>>
>>340439696
For the same reason people ran raids dozens/hundreds of times in WoW looking for a purely cosmetic mount: People love cosmetics. While most won't pay for them, the small group that will often buys in fucking huge quantities.
>>
>>340440140
>HOW MUCH WAS THE ORIGINAL COUNTER STRIKE? WAS IT $60 OR WAS IT $40?

Zero dollars actually, it was a free mod for Half-life.
>>
File: m0LCcHNi.jpg (24 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
m0LCcHNi.jpg
24 KB, 500x500
>There are people ITT who think they are superior to people who enjoy unlockable content IN A VIDEO GAME
>>
>>340432905
Proof?
>>
>>340440371
It's the same people shouting "cosmetics don't matter" that say games under 60 FPS arent playable
>>
>during betas people claim loot boxes should be able to be bought
>blizz says I dunno man
>people keep asking
>they say ok and add it on release
>people now bitching that you can buy loot boxes
>which affect literally nothing

You fags just want something to cry about don't you?
>>
>All these people complaining about the gambling aspect of lootboxes

It's like you people never experienced or heard of a gachapon before.
>>
>>340440523
He's been paid to cast Starcraft tournaments so obviously he's a paid shill. Right?
>>
>>340440330
hmm

IT'S ALMOST LIKE THAT LITTLE HALF-LIFE MOD HAD TO PROVE ITSELF FIRST AND ASK FOR $ LATER
>>
>>340439928

It's not even buying cosmetics that's the problem, it's the fact that they come from RANDOM loot packs that you buy with real money and are ludicrously fucking expensive. Shit like that should literally be made illegal.
>>
>>340440004
>>340440265
Blizzard has always loved to use this kind of shit to keep players engaged to the game now that I think about it.
>>
>>340439848
ITS
JUST
COSMETICS
PEOPLE
ASKED FOR
>>
OH BOY LOOK

ANOTHER OVERSHILL THREAD

Why the FUCK don't you faggots fuck off to /vg/ already? Why does that board even exist? This cancerous shit has 15 threads+ shitting up /v/ literally every time of day
>>
>>340440750
>everyone is one person
>>
TF2 and CSGO do this too and also lock certain cosmetics behind crates that you have to pay real money for or sell a shitton of crappy skins you get from random drops to afford a single key and CSGO isn't even F2P
>>
>>340434453
Winning gives you 500 extra exp over losing.

at 22k exp per crate winning every match gives you one extra crate per 44 matches.
>>
File: housewhat.jpg (290 KB, 860x599) Image search: [Google]
housewhat.jpg
290 KB, 860x599
>>340439013
>Just like the original counter strike, which pretty much invented competitive FPS gaming
>>
>>340440750
"PEOPLE"

THERE ARE NO PEOPLE ON BLIZZARD FORUMS YOU PIECE OF SHIT ONLY BLIZZDRONES THOSE AREN'T PEOPLE.

THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO ASKED FOR A "PROGRESSION SYSTEM" NO DOUBT
>>
>>340439581
Because the loot boxes are the sole reason for leveling up. All characters, abilities, maps and game types are there from the get-go. Skins, sprays, emotes and Victory poses are what the game is designed for us to go for the same way new Guns and perks are the reward for leveling up in Call of Duty. Players wanting new content isnt a crime.
>>
>>340441347
I don't use blizz forums, even here people were saying they'd drop cash for crates and blizz is stupid if they didn't allow it.
>>
>>340440863
as long as there's nothing to gain an advantage from, it's ok. Like you can argue that Smash character DLC is this and it's not ok, but the Mii Costumes are purely cosmetic so they are fine.

Overwatch promised free future characters, right? don't seem as bad as smash.
>>
>>340441347
>Should we listen to our consumer base
>I dunno
>They really really want this thing
>Ok fine
Stop sperging out
>>
>>340440874
BECAUSE WE WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT WITH /v/
NO ONE WANTS TO TALK ABOUT VIDEOGAMES WITH /vg/ FAGGOTS YOU GIGANTIC FAGGOT
>>
>>340433798
Is this fucking real life? Mouthbreathers like you are real? Get the fuck out of my industry you waste of space.
>>
How the fuck is Overwatch system pro consumer? You already paid that content when you bought the game retarded deepshit. They are making you waste a lot of money if you don't want to play 10 hours per day for something that you already paid.

What's the problem with this guy?
>>
>>340432340
this. People in this thread are straight retarded. The microtransactions in overwatch are pro consumer because they don't effect the game. If some dipshit wants to spend a ton of money on cosmetics more power to him.
>>
Anything that costs any price is anti-consumer!
>>
>>340432341
what about not having an unlock system or having one that isnt based on luck
>>
File: 1415676894793.jpg (107 KB, 600x616) Image search: [Google]
1415676894793.jpg
107 KB, 600x616
>>340431905
Wait what. Did he explicitly call them pro-consumer? I thought he just said "they're all cosmetics so who the fuck cares?". I kinda zoned out though because I felt he just kept reiterating the same thing for the entire video.
>>
>>340442447
>They are making you waste a lot of money

How are they doing that
>>
>>340442628
I haven't played this game so I might be wrong but I think the real problem here is the loot boxes. If you want to spend money for x skin you'll receive random shit instead of what you're trying to obtain.
>>
>>340441437
>>340441437
>>340441437
>>340441437
>>340441437
>>340441437
Can all the "just cosmetic" retards please read this fucking post?
>>
>>340440140
What does the price of something have to do with it's appeal and longevity? Call of Duty is the best selling FPS in the world and costs $60, plus money for each additional map and other stuff.
>>
>>340432497
He wants to fuck as many thai ladyboys as possible in his lifetime before he dies.
>>
>>340431905
Towing his fence sitting no balls pro consumer line.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.