[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else have trouble getting into the Witcher games at first?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: witcher.jpg (9 KB, 303x166) Image search: [Google]
witcher.jpg
9 KB, 303x166
Did anyone else have trouble getting into the Witcher games at first?
>>
I've tried to play the third one several time now, but I can't. I find it tedious. I liked the first two though.
>>
>>340420631
Tried to get into it the entire time i was playing.
Never did.
>>
>>340420631
only the 1st one, was about 15 when i first played it.

came back to it later, fell in love with the series.
>>
>>340420631
Only the first one. Mostly due to the insane amount of back-tracking, loading screens, and poor pacing. It took me around three tries to really get into it and make it to Chapter 4, which is where I started loving it.

Then I got the second game which I thought was overall pretty shit and consolized. The combat was pretty bad in the first one, but it was even worse in the second one. Thank fuck 3 backtracked on all the horrible shit the second game did.
>>
>>340420631
i played the third for an hour. put it down for a year. immediately felt lost and out of touch with the world
6 months later played the second since i ran out of games and had a copy
that whole foltest assassination line might be the coolest opening level for a game ive ever seen. binged it over a week then bought the expansion pass for 3 and binged 3
>mfw i cant get blood and wine to work and it crashes on the first quest

wonderful games when i give them a real chance. my main complaint is no saskia or iorveth. i felt like we shouldve seen saskia again. assuming letting her live is canon since witchers revere dragons from my understanding. i just got one question though.
is letting shile explode at the end of w2 not canon?
the description in wild hunt made it seem as though she was alive. and i think that bitch had it coming.
>>
i cant be the only one whos favorite part is just talking to people. it just is for me
>>
>>340422934
this exactly desu onii-senpai

I liked the first one many years ago when it first came out, but I was younger and lacked the attention span to appreciate it.

Coming back to it after all those years, TW1 remains my favorite in the series. The lategame is just so much fun that it makes up for the shit first two acts.
>>
Yeah. Tried getting into W2 at least a couple of times, but I never got past that initial castle an dragon shit. I loved W3 though.
>>
>>340425962
only act 1 was kinda dragged out, after vizima things start to get really interesting.

holy shit, i'll probably replay the trilogy one day
>>
>>340420631
Traded in Overwatch today and picked up The Witcher 3 and Shadows of Mordor. SOM because when I had an Xbox One I had it and loved it but never finished it and The Witcher 3 because I've seen some streams and gameplay footage, looks neat.
>>
nigga, I managed to beat W1 even with its shitty combat

W3 was a blast
>>
W2 was amazing right away for me. W1 took a while to get into though.
>>
Nope, didn't even try.
I know trash when I see it
>>
W1 I found very hard to get in to, enjoyed it eventually but I doubt I'll ever play it again.

W2 I got sucked in to and loved it. Don't think I'll play through that again either though.

W3 I've completed twice (excluding and including all dlc) and I really like the game. Might play it again in a couple of years.
>>
>>340420631
yeah
>want to install mods
>do exactly like i'm supposed to do
>use up to date mods
>doesn't work
>works on my machine :)
>>
>>340420631
The Witcher 3 was incredibly hard to get into at first due to me being an explorer. Just a few yards away from a level 6 enemy was a group of level 19 mobs.
>>
File: 1450562012589.jpg (21 KB, 262x297) Image search: [Google]
1450562012589.jpg
21 KB, 262x297
>read the books
>buy TW1
>enjoy the shit out of it
>TW2 comes out
>enjoy the shit out of it
>Season of Storms comes out
>better than expected
>TW3 comes out
>enjoy the living fuck out of it getting over 200h total and starting ng+ just now
>>
No because I'm not a pathetic beta weeb.
>>
>>340427758
>trading in games
>then rebuying them
>
>>
I admit I found TW1 clunky and had the curse of horrible pacing in chapter 2, so it took me a good three tries to pass that. But once I got past chapter 2 it was quite good. I honestly didn't go very far in TW2 because the combat managed to be even worse than TW1. TW3 was easy to get into and I didn't really feel malaise from playing through it on a first run.
>>
>>340428651
>Had Xbox One
>Had
Switched to a PS4 dummy head.
>>
File: Simpsons s02e01.jpg (47 KB, 710x480) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons s02e01.jpg
47 KB, 710x480
>>340420631
I actually really like the first one, some minor complaints but it was awesome. Played 2 and thought alright its different but the dialogue and story is still there.

Cant get into 3, whats wrong with it?
>>
>>340420631

Yeah. Traded it in for Mortal Kombat X and Hardline. Should have just pocketed my money. What a waste of time all 3 were.
>>
>>340429086
Cant get into 3, whats wrong with it?
open world
>>
>>340429086
Nothing. The second game was the worst in the series and the third game is more or less a return to form, and is overall probably the most faithful to the original source material.

The first one while having a stellar atmosphere and OST was riddled in terrible pacing issues, and writing which blatantly came across as fanfiction-tier which was cheesy as hell (all of the Witcher games are technically fanfiction, but the first one came across as the worst in this regard).

The second game probably had the most intriguing plot--what with it being more about the politics and intriguie. And Letho was a superb antagonist. Unfortunately in just about every other way the second game was a failure for me. The least fun to play. Horrible bosses--way worse than any of the ones that 3 or 1 offered. It suffered from an inverse issue that the first game did; the pacing was too quick, and too often do people forget that pre-EE the game had tons of obnoxious and awkward cuts and the final chapter was literally an hour long.

W3 > W1 >> W2
>>
>>340426323
>but I never got past that initial castle an dragon shit

That QTE is now optional which is a great relief, it was absolute garbage with a weaker machine at that time.
>>
>>340428451
Fuck off normalfag
>>
Witcher 1 was super rough at the start but loved it by the end and still enjoy replaying it, Witcher 2 I played at launch but struggled to replay. Witcher 3 I am in love with and currently on my second playthrough mixing it up with DLC/main game together.
>>
I still haven't played the first one again. I tried twice, but it's just total ass I'm not gonna waste my time with it. I beatne the 2nd one twice though I really enjoyed it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.