[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dark Souls discussion lasted years >Dark Souls 2 discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 13
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
>Dark Souls discussion lasted years
>Dark Souls 2 discussion lasted months
>Dark Souls 3 discussion lasted about 2 weeks

Why don't we talk about it any more? Franchise fatigue?
>>
First souls game i didnt even felt like replaying after finishing it, no innovation, copy paste content, removed good mechanics from previous games without adding anything good, its only good for retarded myiazaki fanboys whos cum already reached their brains from sucking so much dick.
>>
>>340416224
>Franchise fatigue?
That, and the fact that not much has changed across the games, so much of what was said before still applies. This also partially explains a lot of the hate posts. Most of the good was talked up in previous games; what is left to comment on in the third is mostly the shit that went wrong, such as poise and FP, but with two confirmed DLCs on the way I don't think DaS3 discussion will go away completely.
>>
There was a 400 post thread about it yesterday. Fuck off
>>
vg
>>
>>340416224
Too much shitposting now. You try to discuss 2, 3 or Bloodborne, and most of the posts are about how 1 is better than the rest, or 1 is shit, or 2 is shit, or 3 is shit, or Bloodborne is shit.
There isn't much to discuss now anyway, considering half of it is exposed as quickly as possible. No secrets, nothing. It's why the magic of DeS and even DaS won't be matched, even if the gameplay improves.
>>
>Dark Souls 3 discussion lasted about 2 weeks
There's still threads about it nonstop that last for hundreds of replies

stop memeing around Ralph
>>
I think it's the cover art, the helmeted dude is giving people a thumbs up, as if he was confirming that the discussion has already been concluded and we can move on.
>>
>>340417418
Souls is dead.
>>
File: Souls cycle.png (198 KB, 1162x956) Image search: [Google]
Souls cycle.png
198 KB, 1162x956
souls dlc cycle

dark souls was flooded by muh demons souls posts, dark souls 2 was basically irrelevant until the dlc, bloodborne was basically a no-go discussion wise until the dlc
>>
>>340417126
I haven't even finished it.

I'm to that ice city. had decent fun but now it's just ehhh
>>
Because if you try to start a DS3 thread then the BB circlejerkers who were kicked out of /dsg/ will take over the thread
>>
>>340417774
That's literally the part it gets good
>>
>>340417554
uh, yeah. that's factually true. as in no more games. nice work
>>
>>340417883
>as in no more games
Top lel my friend if you actually believe that
>>
>>340416224
It's been 3-4 months. It was still going strong until a couple of weeks ago, and even now there are still new threads every day.
>>
First game had a meme story that made no sense until the DLC so autists spent a long tine trying to find out nothing
>>
>>340417687
Bloodborne was an incredible game even before the DLC
>>
>>340417774
Keep going. Everything from that point is better than everything before it.
>>
More like /v/ fatigue
>>
>>340418393
I fail to see how the horrendous pvp, horrible areas and bosses following amelia, the absolutely shit encounter design which has more hordes than any souls game, the blatantly unfinished byrgenwerth, lecture building, nightmare frontier, upper cathedral ward and cainhurst, the horrible loading times, the lamp-dream-lamp teleporting system, the awful vial farming, the lack of any reason to make an arcane build, the relatively scarcity and mundane nature of the trick weapons, the monotnous area aesthetics, the wasted nightmare areas, the slew of shitty, disappointing bosses after amelia except like 1-3, and the awful chalice dungeons make it "incredible".

The very nature of the DLC having a huge focus on the clocktower was somewhat of a sour note, the huge emphasis of this location in pre-release marketing material made it very clear to me that it would be an area you explore in game. The fact that it took until the dlc to do so though, is a bit of an insult, as souls has always had a "if you can see it, and it looks important, you can probably go to it" type game design.
>>
File: 1392747367393.jpg (73 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1392747367393.jpg
73 KB, 400x388
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDUnwfx0LNA&feature=youtu.be

This guy's right, invaders need more love in this game.
>>
>>340417853
>>340418538
I guess I'll give it another shot then
>>
File: 1462719085570.png (109 KB, 1228x1502) Image search: [Google]
1462719085570.png
109 KB, 1228x1502
>>340419015
>>
DS3 has at least, the best bosses and OST of the soul franchise
>>
>>340416224
Saturation.

People still talk about DS2, just in a negative light. And lets not forget, anytimes someone tries to mention DS2, they get silences, spammed by people telling them they are literally not even allowed to like the game because to them it was so shit.

But DS2 is still talked about. Demon souls is still talked about.
Bloodborne is still talked about, and DS3 discussions also never stopped.

Why is it that today it seems like there's a group of people on /v/ hellbent on trying to make DS3 look as bad as possible.

Why? I've literally posted in 3 different DS3 threads, trying to prove how so many of the trivial things you're all bitching about are flat out wrong and biased.
It's unfortunate that there's gonna be 3 + threads with the discussion and everyone's opinion will have to be split between each 3. Good insight that could be for this thread will go to one of the others, where it'll probably be saturated by shitposting so who would even notice.

>>340407794
>>340415987

Any other's I'm missing?
>>
>>340416224
Definitely franchise fatigue. We all know how the game works, the combat, the covenants, the very systems and how the items work. I've not used any guides or asked people how to progress in DS3 and I found it very easy. I admit I fucked up and healed the darksign fucking up a questline but that's the only time I fucked up.

Now, back in dark souls 1. It was the first souls game I played. The amount of times I fucked up was incredible. Stressful but also something satisfying to it. I remember reading 2 messages in firelink shrine. It was about a rare item, and a secret area ahead, right next to a well. So I tried and tried to jump into the well to get this item and secret area. Finally I made the perfect jump and got greeted with a ''You Died'' blackscreen. The frustration but also celebration of the player who fooled me was there.

No moments like this happened in ds2, demons or bloodborne because I knew. I knew not to attack npcs, how invasions worked, all this shit. Nothing is new anymore, even learning how to upgrade shit back in ds1 was a mystery.Now we know how simple it is. So the charm and a big part of the ''soul'' of the game is gone..
>>
Just wondering, are there any bell gargoyle type moments in ds3, that interlink all our worlds together? You could hear the bells ring when someone else slayed the gargoyles in your very own game, I loved hearing that. Or seeing the gravelord messages, etc. Anything like that in ds3?
>>
DS3 is shitter than DS3 and BB. DS3 is ok but didn't keep me playing. Game was fun to play but they've added so much artificial difficulty. DS1 and BB didn't have artificial difficulty and was great.
>>
>>340424324
Not sure, but you sometimes hear the bell in Archdragon Peak. Could be someone else ringing it in their world?
>>
I was hoping for some type of group summon Boss that like 12 of us could get randomly summoned to during a part in the game and work together to defeat it, like the Ur-dragon in dragons dogma.
>>
>>340424747
>so much artificial difficulty

Elaborate.
>>
>>340424809
Thats abit late in the game... pointless to add atmosphere there.
>>
>>340425691
not any less pointless than it was in the gargoyle bell.

just a nice little addition, nothing more
>>
I honestly think they should have worked on the game for at least another year.
>>
>>340426145
Bandai Namco ruins everything once again
>>
>Everyone always forgets about demon's souls
Fuck all of you.
>>
>>340416224
Just wait for the DLC then it will be 10/10 GOAT IT FIXED EVERYTHING. Just like every other soulsborne game ever.
>>
>Shortest soul's game
>Least amount of bosses
>Most Linear
>Most unbalanced PVP
>Only 8 covenants
>2 of them are the same
>No pve covenants
>Removal of powerstancing
>Also it was replaced by weapon arts, which ended up being a much less interesting system
>Poise system is fucked
>Teleporting from the start
>Easiest souls game
>Least varied enviroments in a souls game
>Least amount of enviroments in a souls game
>No reason to ever go back through an already explored level
>Far less unique weapons than DS2
>All types of magic is dumpster tier
>Barely any weapons that scale off int, faith or luck

To me this is all the objectively bad stuff, more subjectively I disliked how much they took from DS1, DS2 really does feel like hundreds of kingdoms have risen and fallen since DS1, but DS3 feels at most 2-3 kingdomes down the line, I dislike how the hub area is disconnected from the rest of the world, I'm still confused about the purpose of anything further down past the bridge that turns into a ladder, I generally really love how much huge optional/missable content there is in soul's but this area didn't seem to serve any purpose at all, there were no npcs, the boss just droped his soul, there was nothing interesting at the triple crossbow, usually opional zones are more important, like ash lake hiding the dragon covenant, or the chariot boss hiding the brotherhood or blood, so if anyone know what that zone is for can they tell me?
>>
Estus spamming being so viable and unpunishable really hurt any chance of me playing PvP. Poise is still fucked, invasions prioritizing 3 man squads is awful and every moundmaker I've met had been so fucking boring and they never turn-heel.

Favorite bosses overall and consistently good areas.
Only area I really hated was the swamp sections since rusted iron ring evidently doesn't exist?
>>
>>340428672
>Shortest soul's game
I felt like DeS and BB were even shorter. In BB's case it's because so much of it was optional though.
>Least amount of bosses
This is not objectively bad. DS2 had the most bosses and that wasn't a good thing at all since most of them were shit
>Only 8 covenants
Only? Fuck they should have only three at most, since most of them are ALWAYS worthless.
>Easiest souls game
Subjective.
>so if anyone know what that zone is for can they tell me?
Hollowed Horace is there. Tsorig too. A bunch of items and pyromancies and a Tome.
>>
>>340427269
Well they kind of shot themselves in the foot if they wanted long term discussion, since it's now locked to a very dated console and ps4 has no ps3 compatibility. My ps3 recently broke down so I'll probably just never play demon's again unless it comes to PC.
>>
>>340428672
>easiest souls
I'd argue vanilla DS2 is easier.
>>
Is anyone else like me, where the first few hours of the game is the best? I dunno, maybe it's the castle settings the beginning of all the games have, but it seems the best, especially demons and dark souls 1.
>>
File: 1455968512589.png (80 KB, 226x233) Image search: [Google]
1455968512589.png
80 KB, 226x233
>>340417126
you are such a fucking uncultured little shit

myiazaki was againts making new dark souls games in the first place, he said that he doesn't want to make a sequel unless they can make it really unique, that's why he moved to project beast, and when they finished bb das3 was already in the making and couldn't just cancel it.
>>
>>340430224
People complain about too many cathedral and such but they're always the best areas.

Lothric/High Wall, Cathedral of the Deep and Irithyll are all top tier
>>
If they didn't make nearly everything worse, it would get talked about more.
>>
>>340417126

Yes, they should have just stopped afte DaS. Bloodborne was one of the best games I've played in my life, with easily the best art design ever in a game. DaS3 was fun but they played it too safe.
>>
>>340430427
I look forward to the rumored xbone exclusive sci-fi souls game miyazaki is suppousedly working on. Sources from the same guys who leaked ''beast souls'' way back.
>>
>>340419015

>horrible areas following amelia
Okay, I was going to read your post but you apparently haven't played Bloodborne. Maybe you just watched your favorite grrlstreemrr play?
>>
File: 1465391857328.png (360 KB, 666x661) Image search: [Google]
1465391857328.png
360 KB, 666x661
>>340431040
>xbone exclusive
N-no fucking way
>>
File: 1449887025591.png (113 KB, 247x274) Image search: [Google]
1449887025591.png
113 KB, 247x274
>Wanting to make a mage
>Mage sucks in this game, oh well
>Make standard straightsword cuck build
>blow through the game and pvp
>Patiently waiting for mages to be relevant
>it never happens.

oh well gee at least we got the MLGS for the 95th time in a row :^)

fucking give me cool spells that is not soul arrow #54 OR give me the phosphorescent pole back.
>>
>>340431691
>Mage sucks in this game
oh no what used to be the literal easy mode of these games isn't the easy mode anymore, how horrifying
>>
>>340416224
I played all of them multiple times but this one. The replaybility just isnt there
>>
>>340430224
Pretty much.
I keep trying to replay dark souls, but after undead parish I usually give up. Until you reach Sen funhouse everything is a drag, and after Anor Londo you might as well stop playing since the rest is shit. DLC is only good for Artorias and Manus too.

Also, it feels like it's filled with hackers now. I don't get it, why hack dark souls? There's nothing to gain.
>>
>>340431951
>Easy mode
I thought that it was faith builds. Demon's have the revive spell and Dark lighting spear is fucking broken. Usually it takes a lot to make INT worth your time IMO.
>>
>>340429523
There's a case for Demon's being shorter, however personally it feels longer to me because of the one bonfire per boss design, you end up having to restart zones quite a few times before killing each boss.

Its true that Ds2 had some of the worst bosses as a consequence of having the most, but it also had some of the best bosses for the same reason, Sir Alonne, Fume Knight, Mirror Knight, Sinh, the Ivory King, Dark Lurker, granted a lot of these are dlc only but thats typical for souls, the best bosses are always in the dlc's.

I think the main reason I was so disappointed by that area was how it just ends up being designed like it was a regular area, only with a dead end. Generally in Souls optional areas are either unusual in their design or have special rewards after the boss, for example you can't leave the Painted World unless you already have the Lordvessel or reach the last boss, it has the only boss that is non aggressive until you attack it and it also has the strangest invader, Ash Lake is the only non boss area with a music track, has a covenant and hides the only living dragon aside from Seath, which is important lore wise, both Rat covenant areas have a different way of pvping involving traps, both bell covenant areas have little zones after their bosses that have chests with loot, both the red and blue covenants have arenas after their bosses, there are more examples but I'm sure you get it.

What I'm trying to get across is there was nothing exciting about that optional area, the worm was cool but basic and dropped nothing, there was nothing special about the zone itself yet the boss also hid nothing past him, dropping only his soul, worst of all for me was there was absolutely nothing at the triple crossbow aside from the ability to turn it off, which is useless considering its only dangerous the very first time you enter the zone.
>>
>>340416224
I remember when I finished the Japanese version like 3 weeks before it came out here and nobody believed me when I told them the game was mediocre, certainly not bad, just about DaS2SOTFS tier.
>>
File: 1437533495526.jpg (4 KB, 136x159) Image search: [Google]
1437533495526.jpg
4 KB, 136x159
>story literally has unanswerable holes in it for DLC to fill up, so not much to talk about outside of shitty speculation circlejerking
>pvp so trash most gave up
>metagame so strict that theres less than a couple ways to play
I mean what else gives these games longevity? Cause they've fucked up almost every one.
>>
File: ss+(2016-06-08+at+11.49.27).jpg (20 KB, 174x320) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-08+at+11.49.27).jpg
20 KB, 174x320
>>340431131
>Y-you just haven't played the game
Like clockwork.
>>
>>340431040
I look forward to it but let's be honest, we know its coming to pc too according to neogaf
>>
>>340432295
Faith build is the literal hard mode. Wow congrats you can heal yourself a bit , enjoy sucking at everything until you get a decent lighting spear.

Meanwhile Int builds destroy bosses in seconds and oneshot most in PVP
>>
>>340419015

>horrendous pvp

Ah yes, the Dark Souls II PVPfag strikes again.
>>
>>340431691
>OR give me the phosphorescent pole back.
Seconded.
>>
>>340429905

Vanilla Ds2 is probably the hardest, if you are including every optional boss in their pre nerf state.

Ancient Dragon was by far the hardest encounter in souls (even though it was also one of the worst designed encounters), Dark Lurker was no push over, neither was Smelter Demon.
>>
>>340432554
If it's M$ we're talking about it's definitely coming as some kind of Windows 10/Xboxone exclusive game or some shit.

I'd probably just wait for the inevitable Japanese version that comes out on PS4.

Like with Vesperia.
>>
>>340432479
You actually can't use the lord vessel to warp out of the painted world. Even if you've already beaten it once and return a second time you have to walk through it again.
>>
File: image.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>340431131

>y-you just haven't played it!!!

As someone with hundreds of hours in the game this will never not be funny.
>>
>>340432702
>he didn't play DS2 pre faith nerf
>>
>>340431040
>>340432554
sci fi souls is rumored to be timed exclusive. probably a year but still ill wait for master version (ps4..)
>>
>>340419079
i agree with every point this guy made. they're discouraging people from invading way too hatd. the fact that black crystaling too often softban's you as well makes it worse
>>
>>340432951
No I didn't, but I did play DS1 and my Man of Faith was really lame and I ended up dropping him while my Magician run ended with me killing Gwyn with three hits.
>>
>>340432849
I'll give you ancient dragon, but Smelter Bro? The constant DOT was easily counteracts with even a basic lifegem and his only devastating attack is an AOE that you have about 4 seconds to get clear of. He was only brutal if you were some kind of nerd who brought in 2 summons and made his defense insane.
>>
>>340433276
So admittedly, you have no idea what you're talking about, okay.
Dropped.
>>
>>340433381
Your argument about DS2 faith isn't even viable anymore dude so my point stands.
>>
I only finished DaS1 once.

Dark souls 3 I finished a few days ago, still enjoy going for pvp or coop every now and then, not sure about NG+.

I don't get replayability with a game thats so fucking long I have a job god damnit.
>>
>>340432908

My bad, must've gotten confused because you can warp in.
>>
>>340433276
STR/FTH worked well for my first run. I mostly utilized healing, buffs and ignored the bolts. I just parry-fucked Gywn
>>
>>340433494
It's not that long on NG+ though. You can just rush through the zones you don't like and kill the bosses.

Unless ofcourse your some completionist for every single gamecycle
>>
>>340423858
>a secret area ahead, right next to a well. So I tried and tried to jump into the well to get this item and secret area. Finally I made the perfect jump and got greeted with a ''You Died'' blackscreen.

Did you have the crestfallen ring equipped?
>>
>>340433348
>He was only brutal if you were some kind of nerd who brought in 2 summons and made his defense insane.
Speaking of, were there any bosses in das3 like this? Punishing summons? Every boss I sunfagged for seemed to go down in seconds with just 2 people knowing just a bit of what to do and watch out for.
>>
>>340417126
It's not as good as Bloodborne
>>
>>340433348

True, its not that difficult, but its still probably the 3rd hardest boss in vanilla Ds2, my point still stands because of Ancient Dragon, as long as that version of him is what we are talking about Ds2 will always be the hardest souls game.
>>
>>340419015
>Cainhurst
>Unfinished

It's all garbage obviously but Cainhurst is one of the most perfectly realized levels in all games
>>
>>340433494
Do this >>340433668 and go for achievements.
Then make a new char to twink on.
>>
>>340432514
>literally anyone's profile

like clockwork
>>
>>340433837
>Punishing summons?
They definitely give bosses health boost with summons.

It doesn't show much with earlier bosses like Abyss Watchers but suddenly Pontiff, Dragonslayer Armour and Twin Princes seem to take forever when there is more that 1 summon.
>>
>>340433837
Not directly, but I let myself get summoned for Nameless King aftwr soloing him. IMO he's way easier to dodge solo. Same issue I have fighting certain MonHun monsters online; harder to read tells when the AI has multiple targets
>>
>>340433832
Hahaha. Demons souls and dark souls 1 in the first few months of release was something magical. You could even troll people on forums. So good.
>>
>>340434387
No one had any idea what the fuck to do in demons souls. I remember trolling people on a bridge disguised as an npc for ages. You can do this still in ds3 but 50% of people know whats going on.
>>
>>340434376
>IMO he's way easier to dodge solo.
Pontiff too. Alone you can focus on his attacks fully and the second form becomes easier when he becomes less aggressive and more telegraphed.

But then you try to sunbro him and it becomes complete chaos.
>>
>>340433837
Dancer seemed like she got a ridiculous amount of health when I was summoned.
>>
>>340416224
>Franchise fatigue
Yup. I would be in for a bloodborne 2, but I think I'm done with the souls series.
>>
File: 1450891327592.jpg (74 KB, 585x675) Image search: [Google]
1450891327592.jpg
74 KB, 585x675
I liked Souls 3 way more than the mess of Souls 2. Much better environments, bosses, and characters, soul memory's gone, the right amount of nostalgiafagging, killer soundtrack.

The bad thing is powerstancing's gone and most weapons have awful scaling but meh, can't have it all.
>>
>Shortest soul's game
Fucking please, the only game beating it out is Dark Souls II with the shear addition of the DLC ares

>Least amount of bosses
Dark Souls 1 had 18 bosses not counting AotA bosses and the Asylum Demon retreads.

Dark Souls III had 18. 17 if you don't count Champion Gundyr.

WAUV.

>Most Linear

I keep seeing people say this shit, yet it's just as open as Dark Souls II, if not even more so because you can actually sequence break the game, and the choice of order you do the areas in actually matters for your progression and NPC / NPC invader interactions.

>Most unbalanced PVP
I bet you're the type of nigger that didn't even fucking play pre-patched Dark Souls 1, which only got tolerable after AotA also got patched.
Hell, Dark Souls II had and still has a bevy of blatantly overpowered shit in it.

>Only 8 covenants
>2 of them are the same

Dark Souls 1 also only had 9, with 3 of them being the exact same, while in Dark Souls III 2 of them are the same.

>No pve covenants
OH WAUV YOU CAN OPEN A SHORTCUT IF YOU FARM 30 HUMANITIES SENPAI LOL.

This is one of the few things Dark Souls II actually got right.

>Removal of powerstancing
Good, powerstancing was fucking bullshit, unbalanced as fuck, and added nothing to the copy-pasted weapon sets in the game, except for a few exceptions, one of them which got patched not to be powerstanceable because it was too powerful.

1/2
>>
>>340435341
I believe FROM confirmed they were done with Souls. Could mean we see more souls likes akin to BB or perhaps they pull the A-team to work on a new AC
>>
>>340434387
>get DeS release day
>has nice big case with a compact full color guide
>marathon the game and then go back through with guide
>friends get regular edition shortly after
>after they clear it they start asking me questions about everything

It felt like being 'that kid' on the block that new tricks and such to NES/SNES games.
>>
>>340436015
Meant for
>>340428672

>Also it was replaced by weapon arts, which ended up being a much less interesting system

Now this one is truly subjective, although it reminds me of Sword Magic from King's Field the most, which I appreciated.

I also disagree that it's less interesting when powerstancing, as said, didn't add much to powerstanced weapons' moveset, while weapon arts at the very least expanded upon singular weapon's movesets.

>Poise system is fucked

Not that's fucking true, however if they do patch it to actually work, I don't want it to be like poise in Dark Souls 1. I don't want the meta to revolve around backstabs.

>Teleporting from the start

Not an issue when considering how fuck-huge the areas are in comparison to prior games.

>Easiest souls game

Subjective as fuck, unless you use NPC summons, which always trivialized fights anyway.

>Least varied enviroments in a souls game
As opposed to what? Dark Souls 1 had retreads from Demon's Souls, and outside of 2-3 areas there wasn't much more variety there either.

Dark Souls II was nothing but a generic check-list of miss-matched garb for the most part.
2/3
>>
>>340428672
>>340436232

>Least amount of enviroments in a souls game

I'd rather have Dark Souls III's bigger and more detailed areas than Dark Souls II's clusterfuck of quantity over quality.

A lot of Dark Souls 1's uniquely named areas are also just straight up same-themed parts of prior areas, and are usually quite a bit smaller in size, in comparison to Dark Souls III's

>No reason to ever go back through an already explored level

Subjective.
One could argue they like the risk-reward type of backtracking that's similar to what's in Demon's Souls, or the convenience of having all your merchants and important NPC collected in one place.

Dark Souls 1 does not have more reason to revisits areas than Dark Souls III, and Dark Souls II is utter tedium for the sake of it.

>Far less unique weapons than DS2

Dark Souls II barely had any actually unique weapons, lol. The only ones I'd actually count are the ones in the DLC packs, and even some of those just have the same copy-pasted movesets. Some of them are LITERALLY the fucking same except for a slight recolor.

They're all the fucking same.

>All types of magic is dumpster tier
But that's fucking wrong - although they definitaly should buff early-game magic, as they hinder mage/cleric builds. Pyromancy builds are good.
>Barely any weapons that scale off int, faith or luck.

objectively fucking wrong, and the majority of weapons can be infused to scale with exactly the 3 stats you mentioned.

What now, fuccboi?

3/3
>>
>>340435871

I disagree, the environments aren't much better than Ds2 at all, both games have their good and bad zones, and while its true that Ds2's shit zones are really really shit, it also has far more varied environments than Ds3 and certain zones like the Bastille and Iron Keep are just as strong as what Ds3 has.

The bosses are pretty good overall but I started to really dislike the two phase system they had going on, the first half of every fight is a joke, and the second half is the real battle, its a cool gimmick the first few times but it really starts to get annoying as soon as you realise how shit it is to have to repeat the first half of every boss every death.

I also disagree about the nostalgia shit, honestly all it did for me was make me constantly reflect on how little this game has actually changed from its first iteration, and in fact, after I started thinking about it, has actually regressed in many ways, specially compared to Ds2, powerstancing is one example but it also went totally backwards in terms of build variety, it killed off entire weapon classes that were fixed in Ds2, like fist weapons or whips, and removed others for some reason, like Lances.

I also don't like the sentiment that we can't have it all, specially considering this is the 3rd game in the series.

The rest I agree with.
>>
>>340431040
If it was an untimed exclusive this would actually get me to buy an xbone.
>>
>>340416224
it's call of duty all over again
>>
>>340416224
Literally every time I look in the catalogue, there is a thread. Fuck off
>>
File: proof_of_a_concord_kept.png (24 KB, 196x203) Image search: [Google]
proof_of_a_concord_kept.png
24 KB, 196x203
>>340417126
See this is funny because I loved it so much it's the only one of the three I new game +

>get gud
>>
>>340416224
I've spent 200 hours on DeS, 500 on DaS, 300 on DaS 2 and 60 on DaS 3.

I think it's just fatigue in my case, DS3 just doesn't feel as fresh and interesting.
>>
>>340438472
>Put my character on stand by with the Darkmoon on
>Do nothing for like 3 hours just stay there
>Finally get summoned
>"Holy shit, it's finally time, I can finally be a blue!"
>As soon as I arrive, the host and his 3 phantoms devoured the poor red and I get kicked out without even getting a proof of concord

That's the only time I ever got summoned as a blue. ;_;
>>
>>340436015
Shiiiiiet dude this is gonna take awhile

I don't know how you got 18 in ds1, but its 20 with the repeats removed, thats not including the Hellkite Dragon or the Hydra.

It is by far the most linear and I cant even believe you think otherwise, this is not a controversial opinion, both Ds1 and Ds2 have a moment where you have a choice of going in one of 4 directions to get lord souls, Ds3 has at most 2 different directions, this only occurs 3 times, and 2 of the times its for an optional zone, if we included those Ds2 blows Ds3 out of the water for non linearity.

I remember how shit Ds1 pvp was on release, and I remember Havellyns, dual wield powerstances dark Sanitor spear, one shot moonlight greatsword in Ds2, but even on release Ds2 had far greater build variety than Ds3 does currently, at this point in Ds2 post launch update cycle most of the pvp issues were fixed, and it became by far the best souls pvp experience, its not just that it sucks in Ds3, its that it sucks following Ds2.

I can't think of 2 of the same covenants in Ds2.

Yeh Ds1 covenants were kinda shit to be honest, same with their pve one.

Powerstancing was fine, great even, it added a ton of moves to many of the old weapon classes, made for some interesting combinations in pvp, and was just fun. Weapon arts are so boring in comparison, most weapons share the same 4-5 arts which totally blows.

Heavy armour is complete garbage with the current poise system, its more of a case of wondering how did they fuck up poise after Ds2 managed to actually do it decently.

Not an issue? Its an issue because it means the world design is just as shit as it was in Ds2, big levels connected to other big levels by elevators, path ways, whatever, theres no inter connectivity because of the teleport system, just look at the difference in world design in Ds1 pre sens and post sens.

cont.
Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.