[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tying MyNintendo into real social media is a brilliant move
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Nintendo Direct.jpg (5 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Direct.jpg
5 KB, 250x140
Despite what the fags on the other thread want you to believe, getting Miitomo users to retweet Nintendo content for rewards is going to be huge in constantly keeping Nintendo talked about on social media to some degree. I feel as if this is how Nintendo is going to take that final step in cutting out the gaming press, actually, since it encourages everyone who uses their software, ANY of their software to participate in E3 and engage in what Nintendo is doing.
>>
The userbase of miitomo dropped hard. Now mostly nintendo manchildren are still using the thing
>>
>>340416350
>The userbase of miitomo dropped hard.
what happened?
>>
>>340416350
You mean channers? Because normal Nintendo fans are busy playing old games.
>>
>>340416350
Nice source.

People keep saying this, but it isn't the case. Like Amiibo, or even the Wii, people try to find something to complain about regardless of how successful it is.
>>
>>340416520
Not many understood the point of it, so they stopped using it
>>
>>340416636
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/miitomos-user-base-has-declined-sharply-but-its-still-a-success-overall
>>
>>340416645
Well that's surprising reasonable, I thought it was more of a boycott
>>
>>340416520
It's not a new thing anymore.

It's still successful.
>>
>>340416520
People got tired of it and moved on to something else?

Mobile games are practically disposable.
>>
>>340417965
>Mobile games are practically disposable.
yet they're killing consoles
>>
>>340418239
Because the majority of popular mobile games are free and most people are either too dumb to realize or don't care that they're playing trash.

Because of that, they'll just keep pumping out new games without caring about their quality. People will download them because they're free, play them for a week or two, then download some other game once they get bored. The ad revenue is enough to cover development costs since the games are so cheap to make.
>>
File: tumblr_mq9hofQc9P1qmdq42o1_500.jpg (36 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq9hofQc9P1qmdq42o1_500.jpg
36 KB, 500x375
>>340415881
It's a reward scheme with rewards that do not make sense or are of little value.

The Platinum prizes are either cosmetic shit in a mobile game where cosmetics are a side-feature to the Q&A focus, or home themes that you may or may not want. The good stuff takes a while to save up but is easily earned with weekly sign-ins or brief Miitomo play so anyone who wanted these already has them with nothing else to get.

The Gold prizes aren't worthwhile, they require that you consume digital content, and the gold you earn from digital-exclusive content isn't significant enough to get the good stuff like game downloads (which you may just buy anyway because it's virtual console or DLC shit mostly).

The discounts you can get are completely meaningless, you can maybe use Platinum to get discounts on older digital titles or upcoming releases, and Gold to get even better discounts.
A 40% discount on Xenoblade Chronicles X costs 140 gold coins, which is the equivalent of two £40-49.99 purchases. This'll drop the digital price from £49.99 to £30.
Or I could just go buy a physical copy on Amazon for £32 right now, and I'll be able to resell that later if I wanted.

Even if they do introduce things like the Kid Icarus Uprising videos for 240 platinum total, if I redeem those then whoops I still have 1030 points left over with nothing meaningful to get.
If I pick up the 3DS home themes I'm never going to use either, I still have 530 points left over for just Miitomo shit, or paltry digital discounts.

Come on they really need to up the rewards, at least something like exchange Platinum Points for free plays on Nintendo Badge Arcade. You don't even earn Gold points on micro-transactions or DLC purchases come the fuck on.
>>
People got their free copy of wario ware/pictocross/whatever the fuck and then stopped using it. I'm only gonna use it again for whatever gets added back onto the myNintendo thing and get more free shit or vouchers off games.
>>
>>340416350
Maybe my country will finally get it now that the'yre desperate
;_;
>>
>>340419681
You don't earn gold points on micro-transactions or DLC because third parties don't want to give Nintendo a cut. I agree it's pretty infuriating for Nintendo's stuff though, like all the Smash DLC earning you nothing.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.