[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So just tried the vive demo at my local gameshit and I got say...this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
So just tried the vive demo at my local gameshit and I got say...this shit is pretty cool. I'm practically sold on VR though I'm going to go back some other day to give it another try and get more time with it.

Do you fagets have VR headsets? Do you regret it or enjoy it? There's no real must have game and no one fucking talks about them, so idk

I was surprised that the demo with the underwater boat and the whale was probably the least immersing one. I didn't feel like I was really there, but the space pirate game was fun as shit, that shield is OP as fuck.
>>
>>340414878
Eh, expensive
>>
>>340414878
I currently own a vive, with a gtx 970. It's really fun but there are no gaymes. Like all the games cost $30 and up and have almost no content. Also the lighthouses can really get fucked if they move.
>>
You played the 3DO of the VR.
1-2 years from now, something better and cheaper than the vive will appear, and this one will be the real deal, the playstation of the VR.
>>
>>340416214
Theme park was fun on 3do
>>
I've got a Vive. Some really fun proof of concepts, like archery or drone combat. Love the artistic games like Tiltbrush too.

But they are over priced demos for the most part. Some jackass put a sword and shield into unity? 60$ for early access.

Ridiculous. I'd say wait unless you plan on developing a game for it, which I am.
>>
>>340416005
What do you mean they get fucked ?
>>
File: 0608161116_HDR.jpg (3 MB, 2976x2976) Image search: [Google]
0608161116_HDR.jpg
3 MB, 2976x2976
>>340416005
Pic related
>>
Really want one but I've decided to wait for the second generation
>>
>>340416326
$699 fun?
>>
>>340416454
It ruins the chaperone area and it is a hassle to get the vive to properly recognize them again
>>
>>340416430
The games thing feels the same on the rift. Even a lot of the things that worked on DK2 haven't been updated to work on the 1.3 runtime that CV1 uses which is sad. I really wish they'd pay a developer to make a good game intended for VR.
>>
>>340416454
Well, I don't own one myself, but I know they're basically a really fast spinning part almost the size of the box they're in, so maybe they need to be kept as still as possible or they go out of alignment/break, like older hard drives.
>>
>>340416914
they don't break. its just a huge pain to re sync them with the vive.
>>
>>340416914
I think it's more that it doesn't know where in the room it is anymore so it's sending conflicting tracking points to the others.
>>
>>340416914
There are a number of issues with the light houses. They work pretty well generally speaking if you mount them on your walls properly.

Still though, if something obstructs the cameras on the mask or wands, you'll lose tracking. And that usually means sliding out of your play space and into a gray void, which usually means instant motion sickness for me.

It beats the single oculus camera by miles of course, but there are issues.

I was honestly worried I'd hear them buzzing or squealing while running, but they are almost perfectly quiet.
>>
>>340417423
What are the differences between the Oculus and Vive cameras? Would the 2 lighthouse be better than 2 rift cameras when Touch comes out?
>>
>>340417818
Well, the monitor mounted Oculus camera reads lasers from the Rift, so it's only got a single cone of movement to work with, which is why it is considered a 'seated' experience.

Lighthouses project lasers for 'cameras' on the Vive mask and controllers to read. And you can use as many lighthouses as you want, supposively, for better tracking a larger spaces.

I don't know how touch works or if they plan to expand the Rift to a room sized experience, and after using the Vive, I don't care. (I have both dev kits if that counts for anything.)
>>
>>340418232
From what I've read Touch is gonna come with a second camera to enable roomscale similar to Vive. Guess we have to wait and see if it does well.
The Touch controllers look really cool though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.